• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Released Brand New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Renders and Screenshots

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Now that you talk about the ages of the Foretellers and thinking of the other members in the different unions, was it mostly teenagers who died during the war? If that is true then it's really horrifying. D8

Awards
Now that you talk about the ages of the Foretellers and thinking of the other members in the different unions, was it mostly teenagers who died during the war? If that is true then it's really horrifying. D8
Based on what we saw of Union members in the E3 trailer, yes. It was teenagers.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
When you think the series has come to a point that it can't get any more darker and tragic than it is, Nomura is like: "Bro check this out. A bunch of kids died in a war that caused the apocalypse." D8

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
its like codename kid next door. YX is voiced by numbah one and numbah too, THINK

Yeah, Ben Diskin dubbed them in one special collab if I remember correctly.

And KH is a japanese work, so obviously teenagers are the only one able to save everything.
That, and remember we shouldn't expect too much from a series of which the most impressive thing was done by children.

G-SANtos

Awards
I don't really see the Sora facial similarity tbh The only thing Sora and Gula even have in common right now is that their renders share a pose and that's it.
Look again at the KHIII render. You can see Sora's chin looks like Gula's. Perhaps you can see better in this render. You can also see their faces side by side in this video at 2:05.

If one wanted to put it most harshly, Ephemer, Skuld (and possibly Chirithy) might be the only characters coming from the X[chi]-era that have any actual worth when/if the Foretellers are really just another bunch of useless clones/offshoots that serve for yet another trip down the identity crisis- and "who am I"-angsting lane already present in KH 2 and Days (with both Roxas and Xion), CoM (with the Riku Replica), BBS (with Ventus), Re: Coded (with the data beings) and DDD (with Sora himself).
What? Look, I can understand not wanting more look-alikes (even though I think people should just accept it's already a part of the KH franchise, just like the Pikaclones in Pokémon, the Greymon-species in Digimon, and the Artoria expies in the Fate series). However, you just used the worst argument possible.
All examples you gave were related to artificial beings, amnesia, or multiple hearts (which we'll probably see again with Terra-Xehanort flashbacks in KHIII). We have no reason to believe the Foretellers fall in any of these categories. Plus, young Xehanort looks like Terra, and I doubt we'll see any identity crisis related to that in the future.

Of course, there's still the possibility that it could just be a red herring, you never know. :wink:
Certainly also a possibility.
Personally, I also used to believe the similarities pointed out in the rebirth theory were just red herrings to mislead us into believing they have the same faces, then build an expectation they have, then reveal their faces are different, thus building an expectation that the Master looks different, to then reveal the Master looks like Sora (Pride = Lion = Sora. Plus, I keep seeing pointed out that superbia and vanitas are somehow related in meaning, so I'm pretty sure the Master of Masters looks like Sora).
But then, the renders came and we can see the similarities in their faces. At this point, expecting it to be a red herring is pretty much denial.

Sure, them having the same faces as the protagonists wouldn't be a surprise. But that's the point: The surprise is not their faces, but what is in them. I have been thinking for quite some time that they might be hiding something in their faces, and perhaps the surprise is that they have some kind of symbol in their foreheads. I'm at least pretty sure Invi has an X scar somewhere. Think of it: Everyone is so focused on their faces. Who would think about their foreheads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back