• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Reconsidering a Final Fantasy 7 Remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegataco

Awards
Here is some new juicy info that came out today.

Apparently Square did some sort of survey through Twitter at the beginning of the month asking people's opinions on a remake and there was a large abundance of people in favor of it and they are seriously considering it this time over.

I personally have been waiting for this to happen for so long now.

Enjoy: GameSpy: Square Enix Considering Final Fantasy VII Remake - Page 1

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Now you see why I don't like Twitter.

SE needs to stop whoring FFVII and remember there's other games they haven't remade yet, like V & VI. They should just wait on a FFVII remake for another ten years, or anything FFVII related actually. Give us more remakes of other FFs or original, good stuff that isn't FFVII.

Seriously I'm starting to like FFVII less and less now. It makes me not even wanna try to play the original now.

Awards
i wouldn't mind as long as it doesn't distract them from making more flagship titles

i tried playing the original a little while ago and I just stopped about half an hour into the first disc. the controls are just too clunky and the graphics too ancient for me to be able to enjoy it. five years ago, sure, but now it's just hard

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
。★。+.:.*゚☆Dug☆゚*.:.+。★。;4946423 said:
i wouldn't mind as long as it doesn't distract them from making more flagship titles

i tried playing the original a little while ago and I just stopped about half an hour into the first disc. the controls are just too clunky and the graphics too ancient for me to be able to enjoy it. five years ago, sure, but now it's just hard

That's why I haven't bothered getting the original or downloading it from PSN.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Well, I played about 2/3 hours into the first disc of the first one, and contrary to MAINSTREAM belief, it's actually decent if you're into that kind of thing.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
bitch bitch bitch moan moan

i'm excited to see what they'll do with it (if anything); the original was one of my favorites when I was younger <3

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Connected Consoles - PS3 : Square Enix Want FFVII Remake If It Only Takes A Year

"If it were possible that we had all the right facilities and the right environment to be able to make and prepare a Final Fantasy VII remake within a year, we'd very much like a go at it! But even Final Fantasy XIII has taken over three and a half years to create. If we were to recreate final Fantasy VII with the same level of graphical detail as you see in Final Fantasy XIII, we'd imagine that that would take as much as three or four times longer than the three and a half years it has taken to put this Final Fantasy together! So it's looking pretty unrealistic! But if any such situation came about by any remote chance, then yes, we'd do it!"

-- Yoshinori Kitase

Square Enix are known for rediculous production times, and while that's the case we probably won't see any kind of remake. If we did it'd probably be stripped down similar to FFXIII with no shops and sidequests reined in, etc.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
All I can say is: Fuck Final Fantasy VII. Try make a new IP for once for me to fangasm over instead of remaking something that I've played, completed and appreciated for its time.

S

Shadow Soldier

VII is still a classic. You guys are just part of the fad "LETS HATE VII!"

If I had a PS3, I'd gladly get the remake. Though the way they made VII... putting THAT into HD... it'd be useless.

Penance

VII is still a classic. You guys are just part of the fad "LETS HATE VII!"

If I had a PS3, I'd gladly get the remake. Though the way they made VII... putting THAT into HD... it'd be useless.

Don't tell me about fads okay. I don't HATE FFVII I was DISAPPOINTED. My own personal experience.

A remake would be nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back