• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Presents with Nomura Tetsuya and Tai Yasue!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix Presents Kingdom Hearts with Nomura Tetsuya and Tai Yasue!

Unchained χ

• Nomura acknowledges the western audience's desire to play Kingdom Hearts χ and acknowledges many Western players having accounts which was part of their decision to bring Unchained χ to the Western players.
  • The story between χ and Unchained χ are very similar but there is a "gimmick" of sorts between the two versions. We'll find out about the "two different keys as the story is revealed".
  • χ/Unchained χ officially sit before the Keyblade War on the official Kingdom Hearts timeline. They lead into the Keyblade War.
  • χ/Unchained χ are said once again to connect to Kingdom Hearts 3.
  • χ/Unchained χ will have characters appear that we have yet to meet in the series (possibly referring to the Foretellers) and Nomura urges everyone to play.
  • The art style is based on the concept of a "story book"; Nomura wanted us to feel like we were playing a page out of a story.
  • Nomura asks everyone to pay close attention to the dialogue in the word bubbles in the trailer.

Kingdom Hearts 3

• E3 was the first time showing Tangled off; Tangled was chosen as a world because everyone on the development team wanted it to be in Kingdom Hearts 3.
  • One of the first meetings for Kingdom Hearts 3 included the transforming Keyblade idea; they wanted it to transform in real time.
  • The worlds included in Kingdom Hearts 3 will be newer areas never experienced before (keep in mind they specified AREAS).
  • Nomura just met with Disney about what world they could announce after Tangled; they might be able to announce the next official world in Kingdom Hearts 3 soon!
  • About the Heartless: the Dandy-lion Heartless seen in the Tangled world spawns more Heartless when you hit them. Heartless will also co-operate with each other against Sora, "almost like a mother/child relationship" where they try to protect each other.
  • Nomura had a hard time deciding to change Sora's costume; Nomura knew the Kingdom Hearts 2 costume for Sora was very popular and wasn't sure if he should keep it or change it because Kingdom Hearts 3 was the first new numbered title in so long.
  • The staff pushed Nomura to decide to change Sora's outfit!
  • Sora's Kingdom Hearts 3 outfit is a mix of his old Kingdom Hearts 2 one and his newer Dream Drop Distance one. Nomura also wanted it to be sleeker and sportier to reflect Sora's new battle style in which he moves a lot more.
  • The volume of Sora's hair was actually muted.
  • When creating Attraction Flow, the team wanted to bring out the sense of thrill and excitement that accompanies theme park rides.
  • Initially when Sora would do an Attraction Flow attack, the camera would switch to first person and would be from Sora's perspective. It was proven to be far too severe and was subsequently changed.
  • There was a lot more content they wanted to share with us but were limited due to the length of time they were alotted for the trailer.
  • They're planning to be present at D23 and are hoping to reveal more information about Kingdom Hearts 3 this year.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I just want to know what that "two keys" comment means. ;~; WHAT DOES IT MEAN, NOMURA?!

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
looks like nomura changed his fetish to buttons, i see a lot of buttons

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I need a teaser of Kari and Rika next
Lets be honest, sorta is the Ron Wesley of his friends so if he looks that good then what does RikU and Kari have going on

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I dislike the circle that leads to the keyblade saying "Keyblade War." LET'S MAKE IT A GAME SQUARE ENIX!!!! jk I can do with just have Unchained X before KH3.

I'm really glad Tangled was the first world announced, I honestly can't see there being a more perfect world to announce first and the potential that second world is soon to be announced is too tantalizing to not go nuts over (although if I were SE, I'd just formally announce Mount Olympus, get it over with so that we have nothing left to grasp onto).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
χ/Unchained χ officially sit before the Keyblade War on the official Kingdom Hearts timeline. They lead into the Keyblade War.
We are sooo getting an MMO at some point. They're not going to just stop at the starting point & leave it there.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
He said something like that one time when he was talking about the "key" that Sora and co. were looking for...
It seems like that's different from the "two keys" in the Chi universe? Who knows though.

Well they already did the time travel plot, I guess it would only be sensible to do the parallel universe plot as well. We need KH to get as Fringe as possible.
Excellent.

kingsoraful

Awards
Let's place bets. Will they officially announce Olympus Coliseum which is clearly the first world in the trailer or will they go for the very obvious choice that everybody is expecting, Frozen?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Let's place bets. Will they officially announce Olympus Coliseum which is clearly the first world in the trailer or will they go for the very obvious choice that everybody is expecting, Frozen?
Nomura was outright asked if he could announce another world and he didn't even though it's so painfully obvious it's Olympus in the trailer, lol.

Mavxo

Awards
We need to wait untile 16 August
Until August 16th* OR until the 16th of August ( 16 agosto= August 16th = the 16th of August ) both are correct and interchangeable.

But on to what I was going to say- we need more stuff soon! The KH wells been dry forever now. I would check this site daily and for months there was nothing. Regular updates needs to be more frequent.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It seems like that's different from the "two keys" in the Chi universe? Who knows though.

If I had to make a wild guess, I'd say that the "two keys" probably refer to the X-blade and the "Key to Return Hearts".

It is said that the latter key is somehow needed to rescue those who are in torment (TAV, Roxas, Naminé, Xion and Ansem the Wise according to Blank Points, DDD Ultimania and Coded), so it could be argued that the "Key to Return Hearts" is a sort of "Key to beginnings" as it apparently can grant a new chance/life.
The X-blade on the other hand was described by Xehanort in BBS as "spelling endings", so it might be the polar opposite of the other key.

Of course it is also possible that "two keys" refers to Eraqus' and Xehanort's Keyblades respectively, as both seem to have some special features.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I am sorry for sounding such and fanboy, but it was really nice to see Nomura and Yause go to an event like this. Give me those story hints Nomura, I need more! I loved how Nomura said, that instead of them talking there, they could have showed more assets from the game. After all the negativity from the whole FFXV/Versus thing, it was good to see him there laughing, and just being Nomura.

I was really hoping they would show a sketch/drawing about the new outfit, but I guess you can get everything.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
If you see how they respond to each question, most of the time when it is some obscure question regarding, for example, Sora's height or growth, which is perhaps looking into things a bit far, you see both Nomura and Yasue glance and chuckle to each other.

Nomura is also so awkward, most of the time he is just saying ummm.. lol
Yasue does a much better job at answering the questions :p

It's also very clear if that Nomura doesn't even want to be there, he was saying how it's a waste for them to be there given that there's so much to do. He was saying they could of just played more footage or showed us assets in oppose to them actually being there to talk. He seemed quite exasperated when he was told that there was still another 2 days of E3 to go :p

When asked at the very end if there's something they'd like to add to the fans, Nomura and Yasue initially both look at each other and burst out laughing. I'm pretty sure they're thinking "what else can we say!". It's kind of funny, Nomura just wants to get out of there lol

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
So, our Hero of Light's fighting style changed. He moves more, probably has better skills... I can't help but think about how he went to the Sleeping Traverse Town at the end of DDD, to thank the Dream Eaters, but perhaps also to train in a serious way, after becoming conscious of how he gave in to the darkness and didn't become a Master, even if he at first considered himself strong enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back