• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix Permanently Removes KHIII Demo from Road to Greatness Tour

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

amigobro2

Awards
Just to let everybody know, I just went to the Sacramento tour stop for the PlayStation Road to Greatness, at the CA Capital Airshow, and one of the tour people told me that I was the first person to come to play the Kingdom Hearts III demo at this stop and she said that because of the guy who took a picture of the demo last week Square Enix removed that demo from the tour indefinitely from the rest of the tour because you’re not supposed to take pictures or videos of unreleased games, so no more Kingdom Hearts III demo available at this tour unfortunately. :/

I’m just a lurker, but I wanted to post this to let everyone know not to buy tickets to any of those tour stop events unless you are coming there for something else.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'll decide not to be angry at the leaker and blame him, and instead blame Square for expecting nobody to take any pictures of their demo on the giant tv screen.

mytomxxx

If they said there that you can't take pictures, I can't blame Square =c

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That’s fucked up. SE was the one who gave Sony that demo. It’s their fuck up so why punish the fans for it? Just swap it out with the demo going around to trade shows.

People were going to take photos no matter what, you can’t control that and instead should have anticipated it.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Well that sucks. Why not just confiscate phones temporarily?

Probably one of those good in theory, bad in practice ideas. Who's going to pay someone to coat check these sneaky ne'er-do-wells overpriced smartphones? A lot could go wrong.

It sucks that the rest of the tour won't see this. That being said, whether it's going to happen or not, the fans should still respect the protocol, because they know the consequences, just like Square knows it's going to happen. People were bound to take picks, and Square just happened to follow up on policy. It's hard to be angry at either honestly. This happens so much without so much as a slap on the wrist. I do think an older alternative should have been provided or just have been in place from the get-go.

Launchpad

Awards
I'm of the opinion that it makes no business sense to withhold info and content for use in exclusive settings when they could release info to the public and get more attention and conversation.

The exception to this obviously being releasing full playable demos, which is not only scary for data mining situations, but may sort of ruin the draw and excitement of playing KH3 for the first time on release.

Yes, playing an exclusive never-before-played demo might make the small audience that gets to play feel extra special, but if they don't want the demo to even be SEEN online, they have unrealistic expectations and should just post a full recording of the demo on their own Youtube. Trying to hide the Toy Box cutscenes didn't work, because this kind of thing never works. If they don't want it to be seen, don't release it anywhere.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I can agree it was the Guy's fault for taking pictures of it and posting it on his stories through Instagram but frankly, I also think it's the other people's fault for downloading the original image through and spreading it out throughout social media.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can agree it was the Guy's fault for taking pictures of it and posting it on his stories through Instagram but frankly, I also think it's the other people's fault for downloading the original image through and spreading it out throughout social media.

Nah hun, you ain’t pinning this on people who took a public photo and reshared it.

Launchpad

Awards

I can't think of a more unrealistic expectation than thinking everyone would ignore public information to 'honor SE's wishes'.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm of the opinion that it makes no business sense to withhold info and content for use in exclusive settings

I don't think they're hiding it so much as incentivizing people to pay money to attend these shows. There's already a huge amount of hype generated around KHIII. Everyone's already buzzing, so now talk is cheap on a corporate level. :(

It's still foolish to think nobody's going to try to snap a lil something something

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Nah hun, you ain’t pinning this on people who took a public photo and reshared it.

Also, it wasn't like it was taken from his profile. He submitted it to the KH3 story, which is a collection that's shared with the world. He also didn't say anything about not being allowed to take pictures at the time.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Okay I'm Sorry I went to far it wasn't directed at you or anyone from the KH forums it was just that once a picture or something from somewhere (be it from a place that doesn't allow phones, photography, etc..) is uploaded on social media and then spreads like a wildfire immediately after it's been posted.

Last edited:

Squall Strife

It's Square Enix's fault for having spoiler type info in their demos & expect everyone to be okay with not spoiling it. It's like Square Enix wanted this to happen so they can blame the players for spoils rather than their own shortcomings.

bagcifreak

I don't get why people are blaming the guy. If it wasn't for him people probably wouldn't have known about it and not many actual fans were going there anyways.

hlc1988

Awards
I don't get why people are blaming the guy. If it wasn't for him people probably wouldn't have known about it and not many actual fans were going there anyways.

Because the demo wouldn't have been removed if the guy had never taken the photo and posted it on social media. They are to blame.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Because the demo wouldn't have been removed if the guy had never taken the photo and posted it on social media. They are to blame.

Square Enix shouldn't have provided Playstation with this demo to begin with. How they even managed to mix them up and give them this build instead of the one we've seen everywhere else is absolutely beyond me.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Square Enix shouldn't have provided Playstation with this demo to begin with. How they even managed to mix them up and give them this build instead of the one we've seen everywhere else is absolutely beyond me.

Right. Like everyone said, it's kinda dumb to think nobody's going to take pictures. Even at the KH3 Premiere Event, people took videos and photos. They can't be mad when KH3 is the most anticipated title coming out of Square next to the FF7 Remake, and the release day is rapidly approaching.

I'm gonna be honest, if I didn't know about the "no photography" rule, I would've done the same thing. I think a lot of people here would, too.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This is absolutely Square Enix's fault and they are to blame, not a fan who shared a single photo from it.

They provided the demo, they knew the risks of how easy it is for things to get. If they want to punish someone for breaking the rules, they need to punish the influencers who went to the Premiere Event who broke their rules and released footage of cutscenes (Gamestop, that woman they retweeted).

They are the ones who made the mistake and now fans are the ones being punished and that is disgraceful of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back