• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix on FFXII HD, FFX-3 Rumors, & FFXV Development

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So, my best guess is that they want to make a film (the triumvirate of Ns revived; Nomura, Nojima, Nozue lol) or series of audio dramas because idek what they could have thought making the novel and audio drama would do BUT make people assume a X-3.

Also I never trust Hashimoto. FFXIIZJS HD is all fans have been asking for since the HD remasters started.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
According to Hashimoto, character designer Tetsuya Nomura and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, who both worked on X and X-2, collaborated to include a new side story and character illustrations to “expand the universe” both games are set in — not with the intention of leading into a third title.
That's a relief. As much as I love FFX, I really, really don't want anymore sequels.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Like I said in the FFX thread, I'm not really keen on any further story development either. Since they didn't go for the bittersweet ending of the first game, I really want them to just stick to the sugary sweet one in the sequel. Will and X-2.5 were both highly unnecessary and in many ways pure trolling. I'd gladly take a CGI movie in the vein of Advent Children as long as the outcome is a happy ending. But I fear that Square Enix would love to take the plot in a new, darker direction and we will end up with something similar to the ending of XIII-2 being the canon conclusion. That would just suck.

Will definitely tweet them about XII HD though. Honestly, I feel like they could put some additional work into it. Matsuno came back to direct the Tactics Ogre PSP port and in the end we not only got a few new characters (like the awesome Ravness) but also more story branches and overall a better game than either of the previous versions. I would definitely approve of Matsuno adding scenes to XII, making the story flow better, and maybe direct a remake or visual novel adaptation of Revenant Wings as an added bonus! Of all the games in the series, XII and VI are the ones that would benefit the most from being re-written a bit.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This does make wonder why they made Will and X-2.5 in the first place if they don't intend on making a third title. I can understand if they felt like they needed to make something new for the re-release, but X-2.5 is just plain stupid and Will is clearly a sequel hook. If they wanted to "expand the universe" they could have had the novel be a bunch of short stories about the previous High Summoners and Will could have been, I dunno, Tidus helping a loser kid who hates Blitzball or something.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I would love to hear the soundtrack being remastered for Final Fantasy XII HD; assuming they will. I figure they may add some extra flairs found in Final Fantasy Tactics A2's soundtrack. Especially Salikawood.

[video=youtube;GGCgsE_-OM0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGCgsE_-OM0[/video]

[video=youtube;9X-4qF5lD_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-4qF5lD_Y[/video]

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I have always wanted a Final Fantasy X-0 more than a X-3. I would love to play as Auron or Jecht on their journey with Braska and see what trouble they got into. I know some people wouldn't care for it, but I look at it like Crisis Core: We didn't need it, yet so many loved it. Seeing as how Auron is a fan favorite, I think X-0 would do well.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I have always wanted a Final Fantasy X-0 more than a X-3. I would love to play as Auron or Jecht on their journey with Braska and see what trouble they got into. I know some people wouldn't care for it, but I look at it like Crisis Core: We didn't need it, yet so many loved it. Seeing as how Auron is a fan favorite, I think X-0 would do well.

I would definitely love to play a game based on Jecht/Braska/Auron, but part of me would want an X-3 more (though not one like that little add-on they have for the HD Remaster at all...).

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I'd welcome a X-0. I want to see when Jecht stabs the Shoopuf. xD

FangirlfromHell

Awards
YES! Give us an HD FFXII! Just make Zodiac Job System optional. Not everyone wants their character limited to specific things. I prefer to have everyone capable of using every weapon, spell, and equippable item.

Just imagining a redone soundtrack for XII makes me weep happily since I love the original soundtrack so much. X and KH each got nicely done reorchestrations. Just imagining Eruyt Village with real instruments is fantastic.

I'm still happy over the recent Piano Collections XII finally got in the last few years. I was waiting forever for it to get one. Now we just need an Piano Opera album to feature X, XI, and XII. XIII can stay away and have all three of it's game on a single album (it didn't need three games.)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
YES! Give us an HD FFXII! Just make Zodiac Job System optional. Not everyone wants their character limited to specific things. I prefer to have everyone capable of using every weapon, spell, and equippable item.
IDK, I just ended up making everyone a paladin, always wearing the biggest armor & highest attack stat weapons, only using MP for heals. I pretty much need to be forced into more diverse options.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
IZJS in FFXII, what's the benefits of it from the vanilla FFXII, because I never got to even finish or continue FFXII because I lack a PS2.

It introduced the Zodiac Job System (obviously) where you have to choose a specific job and you are locked into it for the rest of the game. It was added because people complained about how you could essentially make your characters all the same with the same weapons, gear, spells with no differentiation.

It requires you to be very certain on what job you want your character to have for the rest of the game. Their skills, spells, weapons, gear is all locked to the zodiac job you select.

IZJS also made it so Vossler, Larsa, and Reddas could be directly controlled by you in battle rather than being operated by an AI.

Uhh...Quickenings don't consume MP, but a limit break meter...You can control the Espers once you summon them...and probably more I'm forgetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back