• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square-Enix @ Microsoft RPG Premiere 2008

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Square Enix is giving the 360 video games!? I mean, they are actually giving the system real actual games!

Square Enix lays out 360 RPG slate - Xbox 360 News at GameSpot

My god! M night Shamaylan's film must be really happening. Something has to be going on in the world for something like this to happen. It's either that or aliens have begun invading. Because the chances of this happening are slimmer than discovering aliens or trees attacking humans.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Re: OMG!!! The Happening is real!!!

This was forseen.

We already knew about The Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery being on the 360 ( TLR is on PS3 as well ), and Star Ocean 4 was somewhat predicted, being that tri-Ace and tri-Crescendo fed Microsoft with Eternal Sonata. A month ago or so I posted a thread quoting Yoichi Wada's presentation of Square-Enix's future business strategy, which included a new look at the global market and it's franchises overseas in the American and European regions. It seems this is the first step towards that original statement. I hate to steal your thunder, but I sort of half-expected for this to happen. ( Though, I was inclined to say that Star Ocean 4 would be on PS3 as well, being that every one of it's iterations has been on a Sony console. )

Oh and furthermore, Gamespot decided to update with crucial information:

[UPDATE] But while The Last Hope is currently 360-only, Square Enix producer Yoshinori Yamagish told reporters in Tokyo that a PlayStation 3 version might be possible further down the line. "We can't really say anything yet," he said during a post-announcement press conference. "The answer to that is that, there's really nothing set at the moment. We can't say right now that it will or won't come out. It could go either way. The only thing that we can confirm right now is that it's coming out first on the Xbox 360."

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Of course S-E wants profits.

Since the PS3 is more popular than the 360 in Japan, they say something like"Yeah, let's give America the 360 version of [something like Eternal Sonata], then make a Japan exclusive PS3 port! HELLZ YEAH!"

If SO4 comes out on PS3 someday, don't be surprised if it was just in Japan.

But I don't know how popular SO is here in America, so the above may or may not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back