• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Holding TWEWY Vocalist Audition!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Rise and shine, Players! Square Enix has put out some new mission mail for all interested up and coming vocalists! In this month's issue of Audition Monthly, Square Enix has put out a full-page listing, asking for vocalists to audition for The World Ends With You. If chosen, the lucky singer will get to make their debut in a new Square Enix game with music produced by Takeharu Ishimoto!

All applicants need to do is record themselves singing the three chorus samples from the provided songs on the official The World Ends With You -crossover- Album site and submit them to Square Enix! Those who audition must be residents of Japan and unsigned, and all submissions are due September 24th! Whoever succeeds might be heard in the game related to this teaser... 

Source: brilingual via Twitter, Square Enix Music Blog, TWEWY -crossover- Official Site

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
if this was for a voice actor (and open to the USA), i'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

alas, i can't sing and a singer is what they're looking for. :/

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Sweet babies, that sounds pretty awesome!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Who will be the next chick who sang Tsuki no Akari for FFIII DS remake/singer for FFXIII/other games where SE held auditions for unknown/unsigned singers!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think it's great that they're giving that lucky individual such a great opportunity *u*

Who will be the next chick who sang Tsuki no Akari for FFIII DS remake/singer for FFXIII/other games where SE held auditions for unknown/unsigned singers!

She has a beautiful voice <3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Definitely one of my fav talent finds by SE. I remember when they held this audition and they found her and she was like "I didn't even expect to be chosen" and SE was so charmed by her voice and the heart she put into the music. ;A;

Dclone

I'm in. Now all I need to do is be a Japanese person and move to Japan... :rolleyes:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm in. Now all I need to do is be a Japanese person and move to Japan... :rolleyes:

Now, there is no requirement to be of Japanese descent. Just live in Japan. I can think of a few successful artists that aren't Japanese. Monkey Majik comes to mind, and Emi Evans.

Roro

Awards
Haha if only I lived in Japan, and my singing experience were more than just one year in highschool choir or singing random songs when no one else is around, I would nail that audition!

Obviously there's much more talented and qualified people out there lol. I guess good luck to the lucky person who wins haha :p

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha if only I were Japanese and lived in Japan, and my singing experience were more than just one year in highschool choir or singing random songs when no one else is around, I would nail that audition!

Obviously there's much more talented and qualified people out there lol. I guess good luck to the lucky person who wins haha :p

Again, you don't need to speak Japanese or be Japanese. Just live in Japan xD Of course you don't live there, but still.

Last edited:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I think it's great that they're giving that lucky individual such a great opportunity
I was thinking the same thing. C:

If only I could sing well enough, and if I lived in Japan...

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I love these public auditions Square's churning out. *still needs to audition for FFXIV trailer*

zachen

Awards
And this is the day that all the iOS port haters feel like a bunch of idiots.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
So this basically confirms a sequel

Not necessarily a sequel, it could be an in-depth spin-off from the first game, a prequel, or an entirely new game. The girl in the photo has resemblances of all the main cast but that doesn't have to mean she comes after them, and the "New 7 Days" doesn't have to mean "new" to Neku and the cast, but new to the players perhaps? However, I would say this confirms a new TWEWY of some sort is in development.

And this is the day that all the iOS port haters feel like a bunch of idiots.

Nope, they are still butthurt that SE didn't directly announce a sequel <__<

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I wish so badly that it wasn't a 'live in Japan only' audition, because if it wasn't, I'd be on it like cheese on nachos.

Plus meat. Can't forget that. I'd be the Jalapenos on them nachos if it were voice acting. D:

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
If only I were a resident of Japan and could sing! I would do it in a heartbeat. Whoever gets the job is a lucky person.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I hope it's another guy. I love "Three Minutes Clapping" and the male voice in the "Hybrid", "Calling" and "Twister" mash up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back