• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix General

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Square Enix isn't hosting a conference this year.

What-GIF_2.gif

But then there's like, only really 2 conferences I care about

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
You beat me to it! Hopefully there'll be British dubbing. That's what I always loved about Dragon Quest games.

I guess it's a bit of an exaggeration to claim "always" when it's only true for a handful of games? But I do agree, whether it's the excellent dub of DQVIII or a more low-key one like in Swords or Heroes, it's very charming and fitting.

The game will not have voice acting in the Japanese version though, as per tradition. Seems more like a bad excuse to save some money, if you ask me. Still, it would be nice if they recognised how many people enjoy the English dubs of previous games.

Definitely getting the PS4 version. The 3DS version seems cool at first, but I'm sure the whole 2D+3D gimmick is going to wear out its welcome. Sort of hoping the upcoming Switch port will feature high-res sprites!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Some of questions to Final Fantasy games have finally been answered:
https://kotaku.com/is-squall-really-dead-final-fantasy-producer-addresses-1800007113

Q: Is Gogo really Daryl, Setzer's old friend? (VIII)
A: No.

Q: Is Squall dead at the end of Disc 1? (VIII)

Q: Is Rinoa really Ultemeica (VIII)

Q: Are the Knights of the Round really the Cetra? (VII)

Q: Was Aeris originally supposed to be brought back to life? (VII)

Q: Is X-2's universe and FF7's universe connected based on Shinra?
A: No. Only inspired by the name.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Such a spoil sport, wouldn't kill ya to let the fans have something to be right on.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I just read that interview. I say let theories be theories, that's half the fun in story heavy games like that.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
If Squall isn't dead and Rinoa isn't Ultimecia, does that mean the game's story was intentionally written badly and with convolution without any true redeeming factors?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ )

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I couldn't find a thread on Idol Fantasy, so I'm posting here for now.

Character artwork by Tetsuya Nomura has been revealed:
006_thumb-5.jpg

More here

Meow Wow

Awards
Character artwork by Tetsuya Nomura has been revealed:
006_thumb-5.jpg

I can't help but see shaved old Noctis on the right, Riku with shorter hair in the middle, and Sora with all his spikes chopped off at the left...

And then they all joined a boy band.

Alpha Baymax said:
Kid on the far left looks like a Sora Nobody if Ventus heart didn't influence his appearance.
I support this theory.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
you can really tell what are nomura's newest fashion loves between this and kh3 lol.

Unbottened hoodie overcoat with a sleeveless shirt, vneck, or a coat. I actually like that look, but the overcoats in this art are too formal. They're most definitely a school uniform.

Back