• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Square-Enix games' mysteries/secrets/Easter Eggs etc."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
I see Mary Sues...they're everywhere. They don't e
Website
sophiachi.livejournal.com
I'll name some I have discovered recently.

Mysteries:
Final Fantasy VII

You know in Corel Desert Prison, right? That there is a manhole you can go into that has an empty treasure chest? That mystery has been solved (a "Red Man" was inserted there ages ago to test the graphics, and there was supposed to a ticket for the LOVELESS play in the box) but did you know there is ANOTHER treasure chest in the Desert Prison that will always be empty? It's located in the area with the save point. Save there and load, and see for yourself. Upon loading, the treasure chest automatically opens and there is NOTHING inside!

Easter Eggs:
Final Fantasy VIII

When you're at that missile silo or w/e. When you are setting the Error Ratio for the missiles aimed at Balamb Garden, go to Equipment panel, and hold the Up or Down on the D-Pad as well as Triangle and O AT THE SAME TIME, and you'll see an animation of a Galbaldian soldier dancing or something. The Strategy Guide pointed this Easter Egg out ;)

FinalFantasy Fan

Re: Square Enix games' mysteries/secrets/Easter Eggs etc.

In crisis core u can visit Vincent in his coffin.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards

I heard that Aerith was in the car defender game at the Golden Saucer (in the truck).

Chupacabra

The put something like "made in Hong Kong 1995 all rights reserved" on Jenovas Helmet in the original game

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
Website

Secrets

Final Fantasy IX

When Baku gives ya two options --

"When when I kidnap Brahne, right?"
and
"What's when I kidnap Garnet, right?" (needed to continue)

Pick the Brahne one ~80x and you'll get an early Ruby cameo. Or at least, that's what I heard.

lol dumb AI
Final Fantasy VIII

Cast Demi on Diabolos when you fight him, and he will cast Curaga...on YOU =O Dumbest AI ever.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Pick the Brahne one ~80x and you'll get an early Ruby cameo. Or at least, that's what I heard.

It's 64 times. ^_^

"Zidane! I reckon you're more stubborn than a grumpy mule!"

Spoken from experience. :3

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
Website

Secrets (more)

Chrono Cross

One of the terminals in Chronopolis will play the opening text to "Radical Dreamers", a Chrono Trigger pseudosequel (more like a spinoff).

Final Fantasy IX

In disc 4 (or after Kuja demolishes Terra) speak to the Black Mage near the entrance of Black Mage Village and he will play the OST for Final Fantasy III DS.

Final Fantasy VIII

Ward CAN be available in the disc 3 Laguna dream sequence! You must avoid reading one of the Timber Maniacs (forgot where)

Final Fantasy VII

WHen Cloud is in the wheelchair after being retrieved from the Lifestream. Speak to him twice. His second time, he will quote a few lines from the Xenogears theme song (Small Two of Pieces...or something)

Let Sephiroth attack you in the final-FINAL battle (aka Cloud going solo). Cloud will counterattack automatically and the game will jump straight to credits.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org

Final Fantasy X- 2 : Vegnagun use the lifestream as energy and Shinra (the al bhed boy) speak about creating reactor for extracting the lifestream and creating a city bigger than Zanarkand.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards

Let Sephiroth attack you in the final-FINAL battle (aka Cloud going solo). Cloud will counterattack automatically and the game will jump straight to credits.
Hey, I didnt know that. I guess after beating Sephiroth I was not willing to take any chances. I gotta try it though.
:thumbup:

I think Jenova's helmet says:
Made XXXVV [25,000]
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 1996
SQUARE COMPANY LIMITED

Credit for this pic goes to FFVII Citadel http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5830/jenovahelmettf6.jpg

Apparently in FF9, during the play "I Want To Be Your Canary", there is a line by Marcus "No cloud, no squall, shall hinder us!" Source goes to FFVII Citadel.

In FF8, Zell has got limit breaks called Dolphin Blow and Final Heaven (Tifa's limits from FF7), and ironically Meteor Barret.

In Crisis Core, Lazard is browsing Youtube and watching a video on Sephiroth. Thanks to Kingeh for this picture
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3123/screen284by5fr1.png

Cloud

this guy are sick
Awards

My girlfriend told me this. In the Ancient city (Where Aries dies) there's a vine that you were origionally allowed to climb up and you could obtain a new summon or a way to revive Aries there etc. The vine's still there but it's impossible to climb. This is just something My girlfriend has read, it's not a fact.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

My girlfriend told me this. In the Ancient city (Where Aries dies) there's a vine that you were origionally allowed to climb up and you could obtain a new summon or a way to revive Aries there etc. The vine's still there but it's impossible to climb. This is just something My girlfriend has read, it's not a fact.

There was never any intention by the team to revive Aerith after she died.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org

In FF9 There is a Sword looking like the Buster Sword in Lindblum's shop. First time Zidane says something like only crazy would wield this, then he says he remember a guy with spikey blonde hair wielding a sword as big as this one.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Re: Square-Enix games' mysteries/secrets/Easter Eggs etc.

Okay, I dont know if you can count this as a mystery or easter egg but I saw this on FF7Citadel.

Take the FF7 compilation : Advent Children (AC), Before Crisis(BC), Crisis Core(CC), and Dirge of Cerberus(DC).
Not counting the rumored Endless Crisis (EC) since its a fake.

Remove the extra "C"s in the abrieviation and you get A, B, C, D.

Now take FF7 as the center line and take the 2 titles that come before FF7 (Before Crisis and Crisis Core) and put their letter there without the extra C. You get BC (similar to Before Christ on a christian calender but here it goes before FF7) then take the 2 titles after FF7 and you get AD. So it looks like this:

BC <FFVII> AD

Think it was planned like that?

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA

Gilgamesh's swords in FFXII are a collection of (fake) signature swords from the Final Fantasy series.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Final Fantasy II referring to Final Fantasy I.

14wq60x.gif

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
Website

Ah yes:

Chrono Trigger
There is a dungeon that was never implemented in the final version of the game. It is called "Singing Mountain" or "Chanting Mts.", meant to be in 65,000,000 BC and there is a track named after the "lost dungeon" on the OSV.

Also, on the Floating Continent (Zeal) in 12,000 BC, see the diamond on a floating island nearby? That was *supposed* to be a place where Crono and co. could get some of the best weapons (and I think they had elemental affinities too) but they scapped it and you cannot visit it unless you cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back