• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square Enix 3DS Community Day in London

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas72

Website
www.facebook.com
As said in the thread about the event; I was one of the lucky attendees.

To be honest, it was one of those events where you had to be there, in order to enjoy the things that happened. For starters the only thing really exciting to tell you guys, was that they had the full game (Dream Drop Distance) on display, along with Theatrythm and Heroes of Ruin.

The one other exciting thing was that you could try playing these games on the new and improved 3DS XL, which to me was the highlight of the evening. Having been playing the demo for Dream Drop Distance a million times, kinda just made me want the game already. But by playing it on the XL was a whole other experience!

Suddenly the screen was much bigger and brighter, and it actually looked as though the graphics had improved, just by playing on this. All in all; I'm definitely getting an XL.

I got to talk with one of the workers for Square Enix, and as I tried pulling juicy news out of her about the future of everything Square Enix; she gently let me down, by telling me news and stuff that we already know. She even challenged me to race to Tron: Legacy world 'the Grid', before the event ended.

I got halfway through 'La Cité des Cloches' with Riku and at the beginning with Sora.

I also got a chance to try out the other two games, which to me wasn't really anything I had high hopes for. Theathrytm was okay, I only really played FFIX and X growing up, so that's the only melodies and themes I know. Same with 'Heroes of Ruin' t'was okay and all, but not really my style. It reminded me a lot of Torchlight in that sense, that it's a dungeon crawler.

All in all, it was a perfect evening with lots of great people and refreshing food and drinks! It was a first for me attending one of these things, and I loved the idea of talking to someone from Square Enix about everything and nothing! Did I mention that her favorite Kingdom Hearts game, is II?

EDIT: I will post some pictures I took at the event, as soon as I get the chance!

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Awesome! I love seeing impressions from events like this. Pictures would be wonderful too! :3

Roxas72

Website
www.facebook.com
Glad to hear, you enjoyed my little impression! Pictures should come up shortly, as soon as I can manage to plug the camera into the computer xD

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Aw, that's kindof sweet she challenged you. Glad you had fun. Can't wait to see the pics!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
So the 3ds XL is better than the regular 3DS?

I can't say I'm shocked. Nintendo would release another version of the 3DS if they didn't think it was far superior to the normal 3DS since the XL isn't really adding anything to the system itself. As glad as I am that the XL is great and all, it won't be out in time for KHDDD's release so I can do without it xP

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That is wonderful. I'm so glad someone got to go!I look forward to seeing your photos.

BagelBreath

Awards
The most important improvement I think they added was extended battery life

The stylus also pulls out from the side of the system now. That's up there with extended battery life for me.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing pictures.
I'm so jealous, I wish I could go to something like that. D:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So the 3ds XL is better than the regular 3DS?
There's a guy who posted a video of the 3DS and the XL next to each other and you can see some comparisons, like buttons and the size however...

SPOILER WARNING. THIS VIDEO HAS FOOTAGE FROM THE START OF THE GAME, SO IF YOU'RE TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING KINGDOM HEARTS RELATED DON'T WATCH
But the spoilers start a few minutes into the video, but if you also don't want to see the game box then :p

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back