• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Square-Enix 1st Production Department Premiere

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
17|07:22P – Directors Hajime Tabata (Agito) expects Square-Enix fans will have fun at the event whether they show up in person or watch on the exclusive stream. Director Tetsuya Nomura (Versus) has finished the rehearsal process for the promotional videos that will be shown at the event. Aibo from FF-Reunion will be attending the first press/invite-only portion of the conference, he is reporting speculating that there may be a new Fabula Nova Crystallis-related game revealed as two non-FNC-related titles.

18|02:19A – Shinji Hashimoto, Yoshinori Kitase, and Hajime Tabata are in attendance. (Pic.)

18|03:01A – Looks like things are starting to get underway. (Pic.)

18|03:21A – KH: BBS Final Mix director Hiroshi Yasue is talking about Kingdom Hearts 3D. It seems the full title is called: KINGDOM HEARTS DREAM DROP DISTANCE. That’s KH3D’s official title. It will make use of the stereoscopic 3D in gameplay. You will play as Sora and Riku. It seems this game will use verticality more than it’s predecessors with the 3D technology.

18|03:32A – Dissidia 012 is up. They are showing footage and Mayuko Aoki is back as Yuna’s Japanese VA.

18|03:37A - Prishe from FFXI is the newest character to be revealed! Someone has seen Aerith as an assist character?!

18|03:45A – A title is being described on stage: “About to film the myth of La Pfaff s more of the following”, “God governs all of the world = Buniberuze.”, “Buniberuze is killing the mother goddess Muin, got the world. Muin, the invisible world – invisible to the world disappear.” Yoshinori Kitase is taking the stage to announce a possible Fabula Nova Crystallis-related title.

18|3:49A – Kitase is talking about how they want to continue the lore of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series… and apparently we are seeing Lightning in armor. Yes. It’s FFXIII-2. Motomu Toriyama is directing. Here’s the game’s logo: (http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/3558/logoqy.jpg) They are aiming for a 2011 release date for FFXIII-2. It will be on PS3 and 360. A blogger at Famitsu comments the world seems a bit darker than the original game.

18|3:57A – Final Fantasy Agito XIII is up at bat. There’s a video that displays a few of the characters and a summon sequence with Ifrit…

18|4:04A – Some chatter about “Final Fantasy Type-0″ now… Ok bear with me. It seems as if Final Fantasy Agito XIII has been renamed to Final Fantasy Type-0 and that it is coming out in 2011, it will be on 2 UMDs. The director, Tabata, said that they changed the title because he felt that they were not making a game which had anything to do with FFXIII. Here’s the new logo with the same Amano artwork. (http://www.finalfantasy.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/type0.jpg)

18|4:14A – Versus time. A new trailer is being shown. The footage is voiced and includes some rapidly moving battle scenes… Final Fantasy Versus XIII is still named as such. Also it is still a PS3 exclusive. Worldwide 2012 release. In the footage: “a whole lot of gameplay footage, including combat scenes with swords and guns, a scene where you control a tank-like vehicle, a scene where you climb aboard a bipedal robot, a battle with a massive creature (this may be the combat scene from the TGS trailer), and a battle where Noctis wields his sword against a group of soldiers.”

18|4:32A – I believe the first part of the conference concludes here. “The Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer will be available for viewing at the official site on the 20th. The other trailers will be available on the 27th. They will all be in HD”.

18|4:37 -
Final Fantasy XIII-2 website: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13-2/
Final Fantasy Type-0 website: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance website: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/3d/
Final Fantasy Versus XIII website: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/versus13/

18|4:37 – Lightning in FFX-2 with armor: (http://www.finalfantasy.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/lightningarmor.png)

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
This thread is currently closed for posting until the conference, please refer to the discussion threads in this section until then.

FAQ:
Q: What is the conference?
A conference run by Square-Enix to showcase and reveal new and existing IPs as well as talk about business-y stuff you guys probably don't care about. This event is basically the same idea as the DKΣ3713 event a few years ago.

Q: When is the conference?
6AM Eastern United States Standard Time, Tuesday January 18th.
5AM CENTRAL, 4AM MOUNTAIN, 3AM PACIFIC, THE REST OF YOU FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF AMERRRIIIICUUUUHHHH~

Q: Wow that early?!
Yep.

Q: Will you be streaming it?
Square-Enix disallows mirroring of the stream, but I will find a source if not stream it myself. I will put it on the forum itself for maximum viewing potential. I can't guarantee the full stream though since Murphy's Law is a possibility.

Q: Where will you be posting info?
When the conference starts I will be posting information in this thread.

Q: So this is only Final Fantasy stuff right?
Wrong. This is open to include all of Square-Enix's intellectual property. Ergo, Kingdom Hearts may be there.

Q: What games are they gonna talk about that we know of?
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy XIV and some mobile Final Fantasy titles are likely.
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep -FINAL MIX-
Kingdom Hearts 3D
And probably some new game announcements.

Q: Wasn't this the Fabula Nova Crystallis Conference aka Fabcon which was a totally better nickname?
Yes but it was renamed and delayed a week to time releases of certain information with Japanese magazines like Famitsu, Shonen Jump, and Dengeki PlayStation. I dunno why they renamed it. Probably confused people.

Q: I want to know more about some of the games before the conference!
I've compiled an "Everything We Know" document about the following games, follow the link to read.
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Q: WHY DID YOU DELETE MY FFXIII-2 THREAD?!
Because you touch yourself at night.

Q: AH SHAM I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS!~
Send me a Visitor Message or Private Message.

Q: What else can I do to stay updated!?
Final Fantasy Network
Kingdom Hearts Insider

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
so i'm wondering, will they change Type 0 altogether or will it still be part of the Fabula Nova set?

it's kind of confusing because we know it wouldn't be part of FFXIII, but the mythos must still apply...i guess more info is in order for this

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Ok guys, I'm not sure what I'll be able to get for a stream but I'll try to get something done for ya.

If I can find a stream I know I can secure a recording for a little bit after if you guys are patient with me. :>

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Ok guys, I'm not sure what I'll be able to get for a stream but I'll try to get something done for ya.

If I can find a stream I know I can secure a recording for a little bit after if you guys are patient with me. :>
Do what you have to *serious face*.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
This is definitely great information.
Proof Shamedo is almighty. :D

Versus will have a Worldwide 2012 Release?! Does this mean it will be a simutaneous release, or all countries will receive it in 2012?
Glad to hear it's being released in 2012 (which means KH3 will start devo in 2012/2013).

This is an amazing day.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
great! thanks sham! will definitely be subscribing to this

so will they show FFIV and T3B?

TerravsVentus

Fabula Nova needs to have three games. I hope they release another FF XIII game. A sequel does not count.

ultrashadownoob

Website
www.shadowkid96.deviantart.com
Oh my god.
KH:3D looks really exciting, and I think it might justify my purchase of one when they are released
And Versus looks amazing. The first trailer blew me away, but seeing the graphics, and some gameplay now makes me really want that game.
Im so excited right now XD
Thanks so much Shamdeo!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH3D (because it can still be called that for short :D) LOOKS AMAZING. I kinda spazzed out on my mom this morning and she thinks I'm crazier than when I freaked out Leonard Nimoy was in KHBBS.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Is that everything announced? Is the conference over?

My personal excitement was highest over FFXIII-2, thought Versus also looked epic.

Ultima Star

Can I still wait for you?
Awards
Website
z15.invisionfree.com
thanks so much for all the info provided Shamdeo =)

Everything was epic, I liked all of the titles, though Im more excited about Versus and Type-0 (I would still like to call it Agito..was a cool name but eh..nvm) and also KH 3D Im not so fond of XIII-2 as I think it's a little to fast but Im loving Lightning's outfit, she's cool.And seeing Aerith on dissidia..was...just freaking awesome

I dont remember where I read this but I thought the conference was going to alst 2 days? maybe Im wrong and Im confused at the moment due to all the excitment, but I really expected seeing some info on FF IV or other titles, but guess that's only what SE wants to leak

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
This totally made my day :D

I loved the FFVSXIII trailer, and enjoyed all the other titles' trailers and information they released as well, especially FF Type-0 and KH3DS. Thank you very much, Shamdeo-San for providing all these great information and updates on the Conference. This has been totally amazing <3

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Hey guys I really wanna thank you for tuning into the sticky and FinalFantasy.net for the Square-Enix 1st Production Department Premiere. I had a lot of fun covering it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back