• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spyro The Dragon | Reignited Trilogy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Well that's disappointing. If it's delayed and they don't put it all one disk, then I don't even know what to think.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah. This better mean all three games on disc. I think all the cancelled pre-orders got to them. But if they can fix this issue, I think they'll win most people back.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
After thinking about it, I’m glad I’ll have another PS4 game to look forward to in November. There wasn’t really anything my style coming out that month and September is already pretty overwhelming with DQXI, Spider-Man, and Tomb Raider. This’ll help me spread out my content consumption. Lol

I’m currently playing FFVII and Re: CoM. I think I’m gonna spend September on KH2 and DQXI; October on Days and Spider-Man; November on Birth by Sleep, Pokemon, and Spyro; December on Coded and Tomb Raider; and January on DDD, 0.2, and playing back through some of my all-time favorite KH moments. That should keep me busy until KH3 comes out since I typically only play video games a few hours a week.

I just hope this game isn’t going through some FFXV level issues which had a similar delay.

Soldier

Awards
you know what? this hopefully should fix everything. I grew up with the third game, and it remains one of my most cherished, treasured memories. When i learned that i couldn't play it anymore, i grew depressed at the mere thought of it. Years later when they re-released them on the PS3 i was considering shelling out cash just for them but i didn't, it's a lot of money just to buy a console for 3 games. Then this was announced in beautiful HD, and i got excited once more, only to learn that despite being called a trilogy, all physical copies must download the 2nd and 3rd games. That part honestly pissed me off more than any of you would believe, because in 10 years when the PSN goes down all anyone will ever be able to play of the series is the first one, which I haven't played honestly. I want this collection to be like KH 3, something i can treasure in disc form (ALL OF IT) and relive as long as I've got air in my lungs and a PS4. But if they squander their time and just update a few graphics here and there, hooh boy will there be one unhappy customer.

ImVentus

Awards
I'm going to be more questionable for answers as we close in on the new planned release. There's already lots of theories in the air, but I'll await until either TFB or Activision explain the real reason for this delay. This gives me time to play Spider-Man till then.

Sadly though, this removes the chance to celebrate the month of Spyro's 20th anniversary. But if this fix the disk fiasco, hopefully it's worth it

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
IGN were allegedly told that there would still be a download, but some YouTube with apparent sources in Activision said the delay is because Spyro 3 wasn't finished and... y'know what I'm just gonna copy and paste

A source close to the project reached out to him last week and said that Activision initially refused to delay the game. The reason behind absence of 2 games on disk was that the 3rd game still needed more time to be ready.

Source said Activision had full control over the release date and devs would've preferred to delay the games in order to ship them in the best condition possible.

In another meeting the following week, Devs expressed concerns of rushing through the development and that they want all the 3 games to be included on disk. Activision then finally agreed to delay the game.

I'm fine with a day one patch that squashes some bugs that they didn't have time to catch, but as long as all three games are on the disc and can be played straight out of the box, then I'm happy.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
IGN were allegedly told that there would still be a download, but some YouTube with apparent sources in Activision said the delay is because Spyro 3 wasn't finished and... y'know what I'm just gonna copy and paste

I'm fine with a day one patch that squashes some bugs that they didn't have time to catch, but as long as all three games are on the disc and can be played straight out of the box, then I'm happy.

Yeah for real, I really, REALLY hope this puts all three games on the disc then. And if it doesn't, then MEH!

But now I can get Spiderman yeah!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
[video=youtube;SuwrMll6lMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuwrMll6lMQ[/video]

Pokie

Oh boy, sorry, but going to nitpick... but the NPCs sound so low and flat compared to the originals. It just feels like they're missing a lot of the humor. Apart from that, everything looks great.

ImVentus

Awards
I'm not too excited over Sheila's re-design, but I'll mostly get used to it eventually. Hunter on the other hand looks amazing.
Spyro 3 will hopefully be polished and complete by September if not earlier. Loving the skatepark in this engine.

ImVentus

Awards
[video=youtube;h8_ke__xas4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8_ke__xas4[/video]

So much attention to detail, and the voice work is really impressive.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Rumor has it that we might get a Spyro+Crash remakes twin-pack.

https://gematsu.com/2018/10/spyro-reignited-trilogy-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-bundle-launches-november-13

SPYCRA-noscale.jpg

Still need to download for the Spyro trilogy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Activision has actually now confirmed the download during some guys YouTube questionnaire thingy, which majorly sucks.

Back