• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[sports] Miserable day in Wisconsin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
brett favre retired from the NFL today which devastated everyone in Wisconsin. from when i was young, i always remember brett favre leading the packers. sure we weren't great every season, but it was always entertaining to watch the pack play. brett favre would work his magic and we basically worshiped him for it. for the people in my generation, the packers will never be the same.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Yeah the Packers wont be at the top next year. This was a sad day in NFL. Farve was like a kid who just loved to play. It showed most in the Seattle playoff game as he had snowball fights with teammates. This guy was the Juggernaut of football. No matter what happen he would go out week after week and preform. Injuries were nothing to this guy. And one of his most impressive preformances was the Monday Night game after his father died. The guy showed heart and passion for the game and its sad to see such an amazing QB leave. First ballet Hall of Famer in millions of peoples book and once he is avaible for it we will see him making his speech at the Hall of Fame.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
nicely put blinkboy. the real disappointing thing is, no one will be able to fill favre's shoes. he was much more than a quarterback, he was a leader and everyone looked up to him. rogers might be ok, but i doubt he'll ever get the respect that favre did. i'm curious whether the packers will draft a qb or just stick with rogers?

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well they wanted to put Rodgers in sometime and i dont think they will draft a QB in the first few rounds and after this season if Rodgers doesnt show some improvement than they may draft one next year. But how can you fulfill the shoes of a juggernaut?

Libra

Your Ending Theme
I don't see it as a sad day. Like you said, you remember growing up and always seeing him lead the packers. He's old lol I wouldn't want to see him pull a Troy Aikman and have a year full of injuries then retire. He's leaving with a great last season, and you'll definitely see him go into the hall of fame.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Yeah but its sad cause such an amazing QB leaves the game that showed that he just loved playing the game. I mean the guy was a kid on the field but a professional when it came time for action. Also the fact that this team was young and Farve was 1 play away from the Superbowl made tons of people believe he would be back.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
I don't see it as a sad day. Like you said, you remember growing up and always seeing him lead the packers. He's old lol I wouldn't want to see him pull a Troy Aikman and have a year full of injuries then retire. He's leaving with a great last season, and you'll definitely see him go into the hall of fame.

good point, but it's just going to be so weird for me because i have never seen a packer game where brett favre wasn't the starting quarterback for the packers. it's just going to feel different with him gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back