• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Gamecube. Boy that takes me back.

I'm a big fan of this game as well. Cant wait for the teaser.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
All I can think of is how glorious the slide theme will sound remastered.
I loved this game.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
My childhood? Is that you?
I'm honestly about to cry, this game was one of my favorites growing up. During those Gamecube days...
And with the addition of multiplayer mode, now I can play with my younger nephew. Definitely buying this whenever pre-order comes.
[edit] Can't wait to hear this theme again.

Last edited:

Chuuya

Awards
For real though, this remake better not be changed to have a "bird's eye view". Keep camera controls the same and everything the way it is (just with better graphics and soundtrack remastered) and I'll be satisfied. That's my opinion.

Perkilator

Awards
Screw everything else! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS!

WAITBANJOWHAT?!
This is purely out of rumor for Banjo at E3 this year. It may not be true, so don't get your hope up too high. Hype responsibly.

For real though, this remake better not be changed to have a "bird's eye view". Keep camera controls the same and everything the way it is (just with better graphics and soundtrack remastered) and I'll be satisfied. That's my opinion.
"Bird's eye view"? What's that mean?

Chuuya

Awards
"Bird's eye view"? What's that mean?
This is what a "bird's eye view" is. See the area like how a bird would above everything.
guns-and-robots-birds-eye-view.jpg

Like for example, Spongebob's Plankton's Robotic Revenge. Okay game, wasn't a fan of the view.

maxresdefault.jpg

I already like how it is in BFBB. Like this.

maxresdefault.jpg

And there were certain occurrences in the game that had the camera/view far away. Mainly for boss battles, which I don't have a problem with.
66379-SpongeBob_SquarePants_Battle_for_Bikini_Bottom-1471319947.jpg

Perkilator

Awards
This is what a "bird's eye view" is. See the area like how a bird would above everything.
guns-and-robots-birds-eye-view.jpg

Like for example, Spongebob's Plankton's Robotic Revenge. Okay game, wasn't a fan of the view.

maxresdefault.jpg

I already like how it is in BFBB. Like this.

maxresdefault.jpg

And there were certain occurrences in the game that had the camera/view far away. Mainly for boss battles, which I don't have a problem with.
66379-SpongeBob_SquarePants_Battle_for_Bikini_Bottom-1471319947.jpg
Ah, okay. Well, I doubt THQ Nordic and Purple Lamp are gonna be forced to use a bird's eye view.

Anyways, this game is said to restore all the lost content from the original game, including the Robot Squidward boss battle. I hope we also get that giant robot Godzilla thing in the concept art as a mini-boss.

Chuuya

Awards
Ah, okay. Well, I doubt THQ Nordic and Purple Lamp are gonna be forced to use a bird's eye view.

Anyways, this game is said to restore all the lost content from the original game, including the Robot Squidward boss battle. I hope we also get that giant robot Godzilla thing in the concept art as a mini-boss.
I heard about the Squidward boss. They did have a robo Squidward boss battle in Spongebob: Truth or Square video game.

latest

This one does appear to look different from the BFBB concept art (sorry couldn't find HD version).

They could make it appear like the concept art, or have it similar to the version of it from Truth or Square. There's that possibility.

[edit] I wonder if Clancy Brown will be able to voice Mr. Krabs this time in this game, or if they'll use the same voice by Joe Whyte.

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Was this game any good? I never played the original one and from what I looked up about it, the game only had ok reviews back then. I do love me a good platformer/collectathon kind of game though.

Chuuya

Awards
Was this game any good? I never played the original one and from what I looked up about it, the game only had ok reviews back then. I do love me a good platformer/collectathon kind of game though.
In my opinion, it was my favorite Spongebob game growing up. A pretty good exploration game. You can go to Rock Bottom, Jellyfish Fields, Downtown Bikini Bottom, Goo Lagoon, Spongebob's/Squidward's/Patrick's home, Krusty Krab/Chum Bucket, Sandy's Treedome, Everyone's dreams, and more. I loved exploring the most in the game. as there are a lot of places to roam. I'm not saying that Spongebob's Revenge of the Flying Dutchman didn't also have much exploration, but this game really "took the cake" for me. Also love the soundtrack, even when I was a kid I did. It was just one of those "memorable" things of my childhood that I enjoyed and kinda wish I could play now for nostalgia's sake.

Perkilator

Awards
Question: Glove World was Also in the concept art. Do you think it’ll be a full level? If so, will Purple Lamp do anything to make it different from the Goo Lagoon Pier?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This is purely out of rumor for Banjo at E3 this year. It may not be true, so don't get your hope up too high. Hype responsibly.
Oh good, I thought I missed something big. I hope the rumor is true then, but I'll try not to get my hopes up. lol

Chuuya

Awards
Yo bringing back the original Patrick's Dream World will be awesome, seeing that it became cut content that they replaced for a dark room w/ Patrick in the middle. Can't wait to see some good ice cream.

And there was also cut content of another phase of Robot Spongebob boss. Wonder if it'll use the same techniques it was given in the newest version.

Perkilator

Awards
I had a dream last night where Squidward was playable, and faced off against King Jellyfish. His gameplay style was using his clarinet as a projectile weapon.

Chuuya

Awards
I had a dream last night where Squidward was playable, and faced off against King Jellyfish. His gameplay style was using his clarinet as a projectile weapon.
Noice.
Also just got something in the mail today. Yep, it's the original for the PS2. Time to relive my childhood and remain hyped for the remake!

Perkilator

Awards
Noice.
Also just got something in the mail today. Yep, it's the original for the PS2. Time to relive my childhood and remain hyped for the remake!
That's great!

By the way, when do you think we'll see actual gameplay? SDCC or Gamescom?

Back