• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

spoiling

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you spoil BBS for yourself?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

αsiя

space coke
Wow im surprised that everyone cant be patient enough to wait for the game

zhill05

For me just the opening cutscene, this will pretty much keep me on the edge of my chair until the American version comes out. though hopefully it won't be too rediculously long until after it is released in Japan until we get it.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
i will try and watch the opening and secret ending only ><

just to see what the new "game" will be about :D

Kiwi +

Awards
one thing leads to another..so if i watch some i will probably end up watching a lot of it..so i guess i might as well watch all of it..

xxFireflyHotaru

Yea, I don't own a PSP and don't plan on getting one so I'm gonna watch the secret ending in January and a walkthrough when the English version comes out.

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Does it count as spoiling if you are buying the Japanese version and playing it? Cuz I don't really think it is >>;

αsiя

space coke
Im probably just gonna watch gameplay footage and thats all
oh and the secret ending

safire inthe sky

with KH 2 I waited, but with Days I totally spoiled myself. let me tell you it was so much better playing the game when I didn't know as much about it, its so exciting.
so for BBS I am not even going to go anywhere near where I could potentially run into spoilers

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
This topic has atually kept me up in the middle of the night. It's such a good sotry, so you wan to spoilit, but its such a good story, so it would be worth the wait. Maybe a week or two after the game comes out in Japan, I'll put a poll asking people if I should spoil.

Birnax

Won't be spoiled when I get the game since I know the japanese language. :)

ChickenWinner

I'll maybe watch the intro. But for the rest, I just wanna see some gameplay videos or exploration videos. And if there's a side boss.
And when my head will be about to explode, I'll go look Vanitas's face.
I managed not to watch any spoiling cutscene of FFXIII. I even pass the intro when looking at a demo.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
I know this is long...but:

...This is...rather disappointing. No matter how hard I attempt to fathom the logic of spoiling an otherwise promising story...I just can't.

I will be the first to admit, back in December 05 when Kingdom Hearts II first hit Japanese shelves, I spoiled myself ludicrously. Why? I was exceedingly impatient and simply could not stomach the idea of someone knowing the plot ahead of myself (childish logic, I know.) ALL I had to do was wait 3 months, but due to my lack of restraint, I pretty much downloaded every single boss battle, watched every single cutscene, and knew every plot twist. Hell, I even learned Roxas' fate the first day the game released INCLUDING part of the ending which was leaked. Damn, I even knew Riku masquerading as Xehanort's Heartless to Diz's face (and him being the real Ansem). A gargantuan mistake I truly regret.

When I first got my hands on the NA copy, I initially did not care. But after several months, I realized how less "magical" the journey was compared to my first experience in original Kingdom Hearts and Chain of Memories. It was out of the simple fact that I already knew everything. Not once did I feel any suspense other true engagement to the plot.

Therefore, 3 years later when 358/2 Days released in Japan, I avoided spoilers at all costs (especially those involving Xion's identity and origins). End result: I didn't know a damn thing about the game's story other than "It follows Roxas' days will in Organization XIII". Everything was riveting, especially the game's epic climax and conclusion. Had that ending been spoiled for me, I would have undoubtedly found less joy in this game.

I have highly been anticipating Birth By Sleep since viewing the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts II. It is the true successor of the Kingdom Hearts franchise since 2005. There are so many things I want to find out at my own expense. The Lingering Sentiment fight in KH2:FM+ definitely had much to do with this. Ever since he (Terra?) said "Aqua...Ven" in despondence I wondered what happened to them. Toppled onto that, Aqua's lone armor.

I have so many questions:

"What happened to Terra, Aqua, and Ven? Why aren't they mentioned in the earlier games?"

"Why does Ven look exactly like Roxas?"

"Who is Master Xehanort? And what's his connection to Xehanort?"

"What is Vanitas' identity?"

^^ I want to find out the answers to these questions while I'm in the immersion of gameplay. I want the game's entire atmosphere to assimilate me into the story. It is far more fufilling than going to a message board and reading "OMG! Vanitas is actually the real Ven!" Trust me, I know from first hand experience.

I can fully understand why someone who does not own a PSP is going to spoil themselves. But to those who are importing and are ignorant to a syllable of Japanese and or planning to purchase the NA/PAL versions...why do that to yourself? It's well worth the wait. What's the point of waiting so long for a game's release only to find out plot points via the internet!? You're all gravely missing out on what the experience the game is created to provide. *shurgs* Whatever, I'm going to enjoy Birth By Sleep on my own time. I pity the rest of you.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I'm not entirely sure if I'm getting a PSP yet, but if I know I'm not getting one, I'll spoil myself. Hopefully my sister actually gets a PSP on her birthday... :v

I'll probably only see the first world and secret ending, because I just can't help myself. D:
EDIT: Okay, apparently, the secret ending is supposed to explain everything not answered in the game, so looks like that's a no-no.

Last edited:

Ferix

I'm gonna watch the opening movie and I'll try to keep the rest of the game unspoiled, but that probably won't happen. Eventually I'll probably get bored, come on here or gameFAQs and some idiot will have written "SOANDSO DIES" or "OMG SOANDSO IS THE FINAL BOSS" without marking it as spoilers.

I did the same thing with Days. Went on gameFAQs one day and found out Xion dies.
I wasn't very pleased, but oh well. It's kinda inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back