• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

*SPOILERS* Xehanort's face

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
I think you people are really over-thinking this.I agree with Seraph. Designs for characters change, especially if you wanted to make the character look better. I wouldn't be surprised that Xehanort in KH2 has some subtle differences when compared to Xehanort in BBS since they wanted to improve from a game that should have been a lot better. Now with Terranort to Xehanort appearance, I would just say that both Terra and MX assimilated into Terra's body over that short period of time and changed the body's complexion.
we're talking about the xehanort in kh2 and the xehanort in bbs

we are talking about
terranort and his difference between xehanort the apprentice

State

Awards
terranort and his difference between xehanort the apprentice

Like how possibly MX's heart slowly changed his appearance? It's not like an appearance is changed in the blink of an eye...

Relix

A traveler
Awards
dont get me started on namin sum scientists who hav "sloppy looking hair". hell so does xehanort the apprentice himself. its all over the place. does it matter? i highly doubt that plays a role.

no it doesn't. it resembles more on mx then it does terra.

xehanort the apprentice basically morphed into a younger master xehanort. look clearly at the facial features

terranort did have tan skin when he was fused. and yet xehanort the apprentice "automatically" got darker skin? from where? at a beach? he clearly got that from master xehanort as well as the eyes and more on the facial feature.

I understand what you are implying but if Xehanort the Apprentice was a younger Xehanort his skin wouldn't be that dark. It is a cross between the current darker MX and the younger youthful Terra MX did alter Terra's hair but to a degree. It still has terra's three pointed haido. I'm not saying it's all Terra, I don't think it's all MX, but i think it's a dead-lock between the two as a result of their struggle thing. It would even make sense if they were in a constant struggle up until Xehanort split into a nobody and heartless thus explaining how Ansem SoD is leaning more on MX and Xemnas is leaning more on Terra because of the constant tug of war they had.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
actually this is a very good question...

...that picture of xehanort the apprentice and the scene in the secret ending takes place 9 years kh or if im mistaken a few months after bbs ended... no one changes on a facial structure that much in 3-4 months.

possibly xehanort the apprentice morphed into the person who basically controlling him at the time with lost memories and that person is master xehanort. basically this xehanort the apprentice is a younger form of master xehanort. hence why he has the bangs because master xehanort used to have basically the same hair style as xehanort the apprentice.

I'm siding with Samhain on this one. It isn't just a retcon. If Nomura really wanted the character models to match up, he would have used Xehanort the apprentice's face for Terra. But for some reason, he didn't. That reason could very well be that Terra's body changed due to MX's presence. And yeah, nobody's face changes that much in a few months.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I'd be willing to call this proof of MX's growing influence.

2e3u3hc.jpg

...and maybe a fuck-up by giving XH Terra's face.

Edit: Did some snooping and found that Xehanort still has Terra's face, though I still think MX is being a big influence.

35id8bc.jpg

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I'd be willing to call this proof of MX's growing influence.

2e3u3hc.jpg

...and maybe a fuck-up by giving XH Terra's face.

Yeah MX did have a hell lot of influence on Terranort but explaing Ansem SoD but add Xemnas into the equation he looks more like Terra and his skin isn't as dark. So I guess i'll have to agree with you. The heart inside Xehanort the apprentice is mostly dominated by MX explaining the stronger resemblence of MX in Xehanort the Heartless(Xehanort Heart) and Xemnas which has more of Terra's influence ableit MX tampering

O

Oberon

Xehanort acquires brown/black/dark eyes after he becomes an apprentice.

Also, those were early days of Xehanort for Nomura to be putting him in KH2. Of course his graphic model won't be the saem as it was in KH2 (four years ago). Just a thought.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i think its just where its a more recent character design, like Seraph said just overthinking.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by Darkwatch
Xehanort acquires brown/black/dark eyes after he becomes an apprentice.

Master Eraqus also has that eye color.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Here's what I think happened. In the secret ending, it's revealed that MX and Terra are fighting for control of the body. However, they are also fighting for control of Eraqus's heart. So Terra was faced with a choice: fight for both, and risk losing them both, or use all of his willpower to hold on to his own heart and Eraqus's. Terra faced the latter, allowing MX to influence the body. This resulted in the transformation of Xehanort from his original form in BBS (the battle with LS) and his appearance in KH2 (him in the flashback with Ansem and Mickey).

I think it's something along those lines.

Personally, I think the Terranort appearance looks the coolest =D

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
its the graphics thats all...
bbs seems to have better...
plus he looks way better ^^

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
terra already like 20somtine as a man get older his feature get shrper and more defined
right? im only 16 though

MeggieKeyblader

I think it's probably just graphic changes. Sora's face changed a little bit from KH1 to KH Coded and 358/2 Days (when Xion looks like him), so I'm sure they just tweaked Apprentice Xehanort's appearance a little bit to look more like Terra (and sexier :3). His hair is basically the same though.

Personally, I think the Terranort appearance looks the coolest =D

I agree. He looks kinda crazy, like Vanitas xD

Samhain

Bronze Member
for the 100th time to the person who called us "nerds"

we're not discussing about kh2 xehanort apprentice and bbs xehanort apprentice.

we are talking about the differences between terranort and xehanort the apprentice. if you can't see the differences just punch yourself in the face and visit the eye doctor.
first difference between the eyes and skin

Terranort:
ri9oo9.jpg

Xehanort the Apprentice:
241ru4g.jpg

see the difference? ....
and dont tell me its bad quality or some crap on terranort's skin. that pic was taken when everything in the keyblade graveyard was dark so his skin is orange. young master xehanort had orange skin but thats due to the fact he was watching the sunset while there wasnt anything shining at terranort nor even a sunset. it was full on dark. master xehanort has the same skin color as xehanort the apprentice not terranort while terra has terranorts skin color.

and the back of their hair
Xehanort the apprentice:
2e3aiok.jpg

Terranort:
rbzg4z.jpg

just showin 'ya differences.

DarkAxelNobody

for the 100th time to the person who called us "nerds"

we're not discussing about kh2 xehanort apprentice and bbs xehanort apprentice.

we are talking about the differences between terranort and xehanort the apprentice. if you can't see the differences just punch yourself in the face and visit the eye doctor.
first difference between the eyes and skin

Terranort:
ri9oo9.jpg

Xehanort the Apprentice:
241ru4g.jpg

see the difference? ....
and dont tell me its bad quality or some crap on terranort's skin. that pic was taken when everything in the keyblade graveyard was dark so his skin is orange. young master xehanort had orange skin but thats due to the fact he was watching the sunset while there wasnt anything shining at terranort nor even a sunset. it was full on dark. master xehanort has the same skin color as xehanort the apprentice not terranort while terra has terranorts skin color.

and the back of their hair
Xehanort the apprentice:
2e3aiok.jpg

Terranort:
rbzg4z.jpg

just showin 'ya differences.

on the back hair pics, he could have just grown it a little before starting to be a scientist to Ansem. same thing happened to Braig when he became Xigbar, his hair grew into a ponytail.

Awards

Invalid comparison. The third pic has a low resolution face, what I like to call a "flat face."
All KH characters have two face models, the normal "high" resolution face and the flat "low" resolution face.
When you compare the two, the character looks different.

Using the low resolution face is just the developers being lazy so that they don't have to animate the characters for each word (instead of lip syncing, the character's 2D mouth just flaps up and down).

In KH2, we only saw Xehanort's flat face, we never got a glimpse at what he was supposed to look like. If you want a better comparison, you'd need to find a pic of Terra's flat face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back