• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS Why BBS is good and bad

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
alot of games were inconstinent, though kh was one of the few that didn't have it as much, so i guess it's notable to say for BBS. though inconsticency for the worlds, i'm not going to agree due to having 3 different scenarios and each going a different route.

Last edited:

yugi300

I had some fun playing the leaked one... too bad they didn't translate much except commands but hey whatevs....... I would rate 8/10
That one were all three fight the armour really pissed me off.........../

Aqualung

Bad: The (currently only) optional boss has ONE FREAKIN HEALTH BAR, and the game tries to make up for no other optional bosses by... here we go... having the ability to fight him THREE DIFFERENT TIMES WITH NO NEW MECHANICS!! The only thing that made him hard was the fact that he was a one-shotting machine. Here's to hoping that in english BBS they'll add Young Sephiroth and rebalance VLS to have more health, deal less damage, but still be just as hard.

Awards
dont forget ive heard most bosses are too easy

especially Master Xehanort who just stands there during battle.

The only boss that looks too easy to me is Hades especially since you can use fire techniques against him, and it actually HURTS him. Also, Captain Hook looks kinda easy.

Bad: The (currently only) optional boss has ONE FREAKIN HEALTH BAR, and the game tries to make up for no other optional bosses by... here we go... having the ability to fight him THREE DIFFERENT TIMES WITH NO NEW MECHANICS!! The only thing that made him hard was the fact that he was a one-shotting machine. Here's to hoping that in english BBS they'll add Young Sephiroth and rebalance VLS to have more health, deal less damage, but still be just as hard.

It doesn't matter that Vanitas Sentiment has only 1 health bar. He has extremely high defense.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Don't judge a book by his cover. I've heard VLS was very difficult and it's supposed to be like some sort of puzzle to defeat him (ie, attacking from a close range is impossible. Something like that).

EDIT:
[video=youtube;Y6NC0ejfjoE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6NC0ejfjoE[/video]
high attack and looks pretty hard to nail a combo.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Can we prevent Alister from posting? She never have anything worth to say and she has the gall to complain when everyone proves her wrong like some whining woman.

I'll share my good and bad points, however. Mind, I only played Terra and Ven's Scenario.

Pros:

- The Battle System, whilst it could've been better in ways I like to point out, it's clearly the best battle system. Sure, you have lots of commands at your disposal, but you're not overpowered.
- A much better, superior level design. It combined the best of KH1 and KH2, so wide-open spaces for battles, yet lots of interaction with objects and platforming.
- The enemies seem more advanced in A.I than in previous KH games.
- Whilst you can combine Commands, unlike Crisis Core, there's certain commands you can conjure up. What makes it extremely reward is gaining rare ones.
- Shoot Lock and D-Link are better alternatives than the Drive Form from II and the Summons.
- Reaction Commands DONE right
- The Command Board is seriously the most awesome and best addition yet. I want it in KHIII, now.

Cons:

- It's definitely inconsistent in many ways than one. Worlds are over far too quickly, bosses one after the other are far too and in-between. One boss you're clearing with ease, the next can set you back for many retries.
- The fact that some boss are horribly cheap and plunge you into Trial-and-Error. One boss is Zack, who instantly starts off with a move that literally wipes you out. You cannot block nor dodge. There's a fine difference between a challenge and a cheap throw-away to make the boss LOOK hard when in reality, you didn't have the chance to do anything. I got through it by using Shoot Locks, but it's bad A.I design on the Osaka Team's part.
- Difficulty is extremely inconsistent. Proud Mode can be hard, yet at the same time, it fails to provide a challenge or a consistent sense of danger.
- The fact that inconsistency keeps bringing the game down.
- The lack of much extras is concerning for single player and you may have to spend more time grinding and figuring out to beat LS or persuade some friends to play with you on Mirage Arena.
- Edit: Forgot to add this, but the analog QTEs, especially the battle against Vanitas, is horrendous. What was Square thinking? The Analog tick was barely enough for movement! Now you want us to turn it clockwise/anti-clockwise?

Overall: 7/10. If they manage to sort out the inconsistent difficulty and put in worthwhile extras, then it's an 8.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Bad things-
Inconsistant leveling worlds. For instance after you do about 4 worlds you go to Deep space and fight this jellyfish thing but you do little to no damage even at a high level.
Stupid fights that take to long.
Most battles can be won by dodging around the ring.
To make up for no Atlantica they added disney town =/

To me its a nice game has its pros and cons but itd be better if they made it a challenge and not so much of a hassle.
Music is nice and cool everything is sweet.

Mirage arena is cool too you get to make your color.
Id give this game a 6/10

Only because of the hassles and not so engaging boss fights.

Okay, now rating it a 6/10 is REALLY pushing it. Those little cons would not give the game a 6 (that rating means "mediocre" to "bad" by the way. Unless your rating is like 5 is decent and 10 is perfect while 1 is terrible. I usually just follow things by the usual rating system) Now I disagree with some of your cons actually and unlike Alister, I'm actually going to post reasons because I actually beat the whole game.

For one thing... okay that jellyfish was repetitive (I played on Proud Mode by the way) but it wasn't that bad. I was at a pretty low level too but it didn't take me that long. :/ I never thought the world levels were inconsistent, I thought they were well done. I never had to grine for leveling up like I do with most other RPGs, just by fighting in each area only once gave me enough leveling up as it is. If a boss is too hard, level up! It's the same for every RPG.

Again, I never had fights that took too long. If you were talking about KH1, I can agree with you but in BBS the battles weren't as long as that AND the battle system was very awesome and it let me play with all the untouched systems in BBS (which there are A LOT)

Um... in KH1 the only way for me to win battles was by spamming dodge roll. And in BBS, I didn't need to spam dodge roll just to win a fight. I could actually, you know, use the skills I have. The only battle I had to spam dodge roll in to win was Vanitas Sentiment but that makes sense because it's a secret boss.

And I'm sorry but you're comparing Atlantica to Disney Town?! No, the difference between Disney Town and Atlantica is that Disney Town actually has FUN mini-games while Atlantica is just about singing gay songs.

To me the game was a challenge but it never became a hassle. I had a lot of fun the whole way through and I saw little to no flaws in the game to be honest. (it's not perfect but then again, you're never going to find a perfect game)

For me, I actually gave it either a 9.5 or a 10.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Opinions are not facts, you know that right? He doesn't hold the game in such high regards like you do so chill.

I'm not whining and I know opinions are something that everyone has their own of... which is why I shared my own opinion.
Again, I don't know why some people seem to take my comments as whiny or that I'm being worked up of it, I'm just saying my disagreements but I'm not going "OMG U SUCK U SHOULD DIE FOR NOT GIVING BBS A 10 AND YOU SHOULD ALL JUST DIE!!!!!!" or whatever.

cnorwood

well considering that you only beat it on medium, you can say its too easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back