• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS Why BBS is good and bad

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
He did that with Crisis core it was hard yes >>
This game wouldnt be as hard if they didnt make jellyfish take no damage and make monkeys summon rock pillars...

Allister Rose

French Lover
the shade jelly are a bit hard to beat. i never encountered it but my friend has. i should ask him how he beat it

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I agree with everything except the rating. Don't you think it's a little low? Especially since there are more pros then there are cons. And if you're getting the english BBS then that should fix the difficulty.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I agree with everything except the rating. Don't you think it's a little low? Especially since there are more pros then there are cons. And if you're getting the english BBS then that should fix the difficulty.

Just because a game has more pros than cons doesn't automatically place its rating high. A game without anything bad isn't automatically a 10/10, because there are always parts that could have been done better. A game's rating builds itself up on the pros, and is then dragged down by the cons. 5 is probably about an average rating anyway.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
∞;5057727 said:
Just because a game has more pros than cons doesn't automatically place its rating high. A game without anything bad isn't automatically a 10/10, because there are always parts that could have been done better. A game's rating builds itself up on the pros, and is then dragged down by the cons. 5 is probably about an average rating anyway.

Hmm, ok then. Though I expected like a 7.5/10.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
Ok i have the game currently playing through vens story. Almost done with it on medium only been playing about 7 hours...
This game has pros and cons.

Good things-
Easy system to pick up
Nice moves
Different fighter styles (speed rave, lightning bolt,fire blazer)
Easy interface
Summons/ d-links are great add ons.
Levels are straight forward with KH1 feel.
Shoot lock isnt just a gun type.
Action triggers arent just triangle

Bad things-
Inconsistant leveling worlds. For instance after you do about 4 worlds you go to Deep space and fight this jellyfish thing but you do little to no damage even at a high level.
Stupid fights that take to long.
Most battles can be won by dodging around the ring.
To make up for no Atlantica they added disney town =/

To me its a nice game has its pros and cons but itd be better if they made it a challenge and not so much of a hassle.
Music is nice and cool everything is sweet.

Mirage arena is cool too you get to make your color.
Id give this game a 6/10

Only because of the hassles and not so engaging boss fights.

You're also forgetting that that's the JAPANESE VERSION TOO. Nomura gave us add ons for that very reason. Our version has more bosses, so maybe there's a boss in our version that will please you???? You never know. Honestly, I'm just glad it's nothing like 358/2. Wayyyyy too easy and repetitive.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You're also forgetting that that's the JAPANESE VERSION TOO.
Yes, that's the game he's reviewing. Hence, he's not rating it based on the American game, which he hasn't had the opportunity to play.
Honestly, I'm just glad it's nothing like 358/2. Wayyyyy too easy and repetitive.
If you actually turned up the difficulty you'd have yourself a challenge for the majority of the game.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
∞;5057744 said:
Yes, that's the game he's reviewing. Hence, he's not rating it based on the American game, which he hasn't had the opportunity to play.
If you actually turned up the difficulty you'd have yourself a challenge for the majority of the game.

Ummm, actually I beat the game on proud, and it was still easy, so you shouldn't assume things like you know what you're talking about. sheez.

And duh??? That was my point of the fact that he IS reviewing the japanese version and that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE he'd be pleased with an extra challenging boss on our version....so I really don't know what you're trying to prove with all this unecessary sarcasm,,,

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Ummm, actually I beat the game on proud, and it was still easy, so you shouldn't assume things like you know what you're talking about. sheez.
I played the entire game from the start on Proud, and in nearly any given RPG, I grind so as to have a level higher than the given 'recommended' level at the time. I was merely curious, but obviously your play style or setup was different to mine, or you just have an entirely different concept of what difficulty is.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
∞;5057757 said:
I played the entire game from the start on Proud, and in nearly any given RPG, I grind so as to have a level higher than the given 'recommended' level at the time. I was merely curious, but obviously your play style or setup was different to mine, or you just have an entirely different concept of what difficulty is.

Well you're right about that; everyone has different views since everyone is different. My view of difficulty is a boss that makes you think up a strategy to defeat it after you lost to it at least 3 or more times. Maybe your view is different, but then again, we are different types of players. (Hardcore, average, etc.) You know what I mean?

αsiя

space coke
I guess I can give my own review too since I actually played and beaten the game.
Remember these are my opinions not yours.

Pros:
Hard difficulty (I died a lot of times on Easy mode)
Great graphics
The command system is great after you get used to it.
Great soundtrack
The D-link is fun
Shoot Lock helps a lot
Beautiful worlds
Great story
I love the styles you fight (magic wish, fire blazer, ghost rider, etc)
No annoying gummi ships missions
great VA's
You can see Aqua's titties bouncing when she walks.

Cons:
Short times in each world
Rumble Racing
Not being able to use items on the menu (ex: using a potion in the menu) unless I still haven't figured it out.
Short HP bars.
Command Board (I might give it another shot in the english version)

I give it a 8.5/10

Last edited:

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
αsiя;5057781 said:
I guess I can give my own review too since I actually played and beaten the game.
Remember these are my opinions not yours.

Pros:
Hard difficulty (I died a lot of times on Easy mode)
Great graphics
The command system is great after you get used to it.
Great soundtrack
The D-link is fun
Shoot Lock helps a lot
Beautiful worlds
Great story
I love the styles you fight (magic wish, fire blazer, ghost rider, etc)
No annoying gummi ships missions
great VA

Cons:
Short times in each world
Rumble Racing
Not being able to use items on the menu (ex: using a potion in the menu) unless I still haven't figured it out.
Short HP bars.
Command Board (I might give it another shot in the english version)

I give it a 8.5/10

Wow man!!! That means our version is going to be really great. I can understand short times in each world since there are 3 whole stories paked into one game. By VA, do you mean voice actors??? Please don't flame. I seriously want to know what it means.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wow man!!! That means our version is going to be really great. I can understand short times in each world since there are 3 whole stories paked into one game. By VA, do you mean voice actors??? Please don't flame. I seriously want to know what it means.

Yes, VA stands for voice actor.

Walkway

I think it was kind of bogus how on Terra and Aqua's stories, you could guard reflect spam and pretty much beat almost any boss without even trying.
I still really like the game though. Oh and that Jellyfish was originally planned to be a boss, haha.

pumpkinhead

Awards
Website
last.fm
I can't say any pros and cons yet since I haven't played the game. The soundtrack's good though, and I like the idea how you can play all the three stories. I'm afraid the game's gonna be difficult to me, since I've never played any PSP games.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
There can be a lot of inconsistency in some of the battles. That's my largest complaint.

On my first attempt at defeating MX, I got him down no problemo. Once he took over Terra's body, it instantly became a guard-fest. Oh, and he has a fair amount of cheap attacks when he's Terranort. Took me about 9 times to beat him, and that was a lot of luck.

On the flipside, the first form of MX is just fucking pitiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back