• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS : Ven's clothes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Not sure if this is truly a spoiler or not, but I just remembered something.

In 0.2, Ven's jacket colors were switched around.

WmYID0I
WmYID0I.jpg

I know that 0.2 was kinda a "This is kinda what KH3 is gonna look like but it's not done yet" demo for KH3, but... this seems like such a blatant error. Was it really an accident that his clothes were like that or does it mean something more? Nothing in KH3 really alludes to why his clothes are like that but...

My logical brain says surely it was just a mistake they didn't catch until KH3 but... did they really overlook this? It's kinda purposeful to color him in a checkered pattern like that....

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
My first instinct is that it reminds me of Roxas and his checkered Pattern in his outfit. But yeah chances are it probably was just an error, though a bit or a strange one. Both Roxas and Ven have this checkered Pattern in their clothes, maybe the person responsible for the outfit got confused?

SerDuncan

This is strange... and with Nomura, you never know what random detail could be important. What does Ven even really do in this scene... maybe it's a callback to his Union Cross days or something?

Mirashade

Awards
With 0.2 being the game to explain a reason for why Mickey's clothing circa KH1 was only a pair of pants and yellow shoes, I lean towards the assumption that Nomura will have a reason for Ven's clothing being off from usual as well. Hard to believe they could accidentally misinterpret Ven's clothing in such a noticeable way and let it slip til the end, but even if it was a simple mistake, Nomura will likely make a reason.

My first thought is that the checkered pattern would be reminiscent of the chess theme KH3 has going on, and with apparently a "new game" being played with the chessboard involving KHUX characters at the end, perhaps it has to do with Ventus being important to the chess game.

SerDuncan

I just went and checked around. As far as I can see, none of the previous iterations of Ven have this checkered pattern. Not him before Vanitas leaves him in BBS, not him in the opening of 0.2, not his model in KH3, not Xion when she turns into Ven in Days, nowhere. The only place I haven't checked... because I can't, is in Union Cross. Potentially his outfit could be different there. I guess.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nope, Ven's outfit in Union Cross is the same he has during the flashbacks in BBS before Vanitas' creation:
Ventus_KHUX.png

Which is somewhat strange as he's 10/11 during Union Cross and smaller in stature and build.
When he's 16 in BBS itself and obviously grown up somewhat these clothes should no longer fit him except if Eraqus is capable of magic to enlarge clothes in size, lol.

SerDuncan

I think the only difference in the clothes in the 0.2 cutscenes are on his back, I mean. The strange checkered pattern is on his back and only in the 0.2 cutscenes. Ven's model from Union Cross (or sprite?) doesn't have a back view so we can't compare it to the other image.

Mirashade

Awards
c7v3dww.png

Oh! You're right, the checkered pattern is only on his back! A very strange choice.

Back