• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILERS] Vanitas' appearance explained

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maugomale

First of all, I'll introduce myself since it's my first post on this forum. I've been a fan of the Kingdom Hearts series ever since 2005 and over the course of the years I've been putting together a bunch of theories about the series. The following is a copypasta from a topic I created under the same title over at the GameFAQs forum.

Maugomale at GameFAQs said:
By this time I'm certain all of those who spoiled themselves of the game's story want to know why the bloody hell does Vanitas look like KH2 Sora when unmasked. I've come up with a theory based on what I could understand from the story and I thought it would be interesting to share it with everyone:

Well now, for those who don't know, Vanitas is Ventus' darkness taken form, which was extracted from him by Xehanort.

Xehanort now had a powerful apprentice, so he made sure to dispose of what was useless for him. By ditching Ventus at the Destiny Islands, he allowed Ventus to connect his heart to Sora's in order to fill the gaps left by Vanitas' absence.

Let's suppose that even though Ventus and Vanitas were separate entities by this point, they still had some kind of tie, bond, that kept them linked. By connecting to Sora's heart, this caused a transformation in Vanitas, the result being the Dark Sora that you see in Ventus' Scenario.

I'm not 100% sure about this, since there are many things to be translated and considered before coming to a certain conclusion, but still I believe this makes sense to a certain extent.

Comment on this and tell me what you think! ;D

Feel free to post any insight or opinions you may have about this. It would encourage me to formulate more theories in the future! :D

gosox333

I'm actually hoping that Vanitas influences Sora's appearance to what we see in KH2, but that depends on some things left uncertain (for me) in the game. Does Vanitas stay within Ven after Venitus is defeated by Aqua?

That right there will either sink or float that theory.

Kaxej

Even if Ventus connected to Sora's heart, that would make Sora look like him, NOT Vanitas. Vanitas was already created at the time you're saying Ven connected his heart.

?<birthbysleep>?

Even if Ventus connected to Sora's heart, that would make Sora look like him, NOT Vanitas. Vanitas was already created at the time you're saying Ven connected his heart.

But Ven and Vanitas are "one separated being" which means they are part of a whole and Sora filled the space that was supposed to be Vanitas then Vanitas took Sora's looks that is the most logic connection and Nomura said it would be explained in THIS game not other so unless Nomura sais that this mistery is still unsolved then this must be it

Maugomale

I've given that some thought too. I've come to believe that Vanitas didn't always have a Dark Sora face behind his mask right from the very get go. Maybe he had a Dark Ventus appearance. Maybe he never had a face to begin with, maybe he was just the armor, like the Lingering Sentiment (his name does translate to "Emptiness").

Like I mentioned, there are still many other things to be considered before being 100% sure about this.

kickazz1234

i wonder if the darkness ( vanitas) had no face to begin with and with the connection between ven's heart( only light) and sora's heart (with both light and darkness) somehow alters vanitas appearance according to sora's darkness' side.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
huh, so Vanitas is Ven's dark mirror in the most literal sense.

Kaiju-Z

i wonder if the darkness ( vanitas) had no face to begin with and with the connection between ven's heart( only light) and sora's heart (with both light and darkness) somehow alters vanitas appearance according to sora's darkness' side.
Ya know... that's a very good question. For all we know, he may have not had a face, since he Ventus had most of the heart to him. A very good question and it may be possible.

Kentsu13

I've given that some thought too. I've come to believe that Vanitas didn't always have a Dark Sora face behind his mask right from the very get go. Maybe he had a Dark Ventus appearance. Maybe he never had a face to begin with, maybe he was just the armor, like the Lingering Sentiment (his name does translate to "Emptiness").

Like I mentioned, there are still many other things to be considered before being 100% sure about this.

yes that was wat i thought too and i tihnk that the armor/mask is to protect his physical form afterall he is just pure darkness and if ven was to disconnect from sora and reconnect w/ riku or some1 else i tihnk van wil transform into whoever it is

NIGHTMAREQUEEN

Why did he connect to sora's heart of all people. I don't think Vanitas had that face because of the connection with sora. If he was completly separated I don't think there would still be a connection. Also how do we know he connected with sora in the beginning of the game.

?<birthbysleep>?

because in the true ending (not the secret one) Ven ask Sora well his heart ask Sora if they can be one again..so that explains what happened in the fist part of the game ven was in DI and needed a little piece of heart and Soras being the closest and having the ability to connect with everybody hearts they connected and even tho Vanitas and Ven were separated they still were part of a whole

Marx15

&#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937;
Vanitas was supposedly created at the same time that Sora's heart was born...so thats why Vanitas looks like Sora...because Vanitas needed a form...and his heart/body took on Sora's form....he is older Sora to match Ven's age.

At least thats what I've read...I havent really heard this before though...but it makes sense to me.

Kentsu13

Why did he connect to sora's heart of all people. I don't think Vanitas had that face because of the connection with sora. If he was completly separated I don't think there would still be a connection. Also how do we know he connected with sora in the beginning of the game.

i tihnk it was the scene of shirtless ven in station fo awkening and there was like dialogue on the screen maybe he was talking to sora and he picked sora bc of his heart it had light (tho i thoguht he wanted darknes...) and like ven send he found a familiar place within soras heart or somethin

Morph787

Somewhere in This World that God created!
HEY GUYS! I'VE been thinking with a friend of mine a new theory! what do u think about this....

MX creates Vanitas, and for me & my friend, he doesn't have a face to begin with. Maybe thats why he has the mask on. Now then MX is now in Terra's body, so that means when his heartless and nobody were created, the Nobody did the same thing as his original self. The same thing happend when Xemnas created Xion, she didn't had a face to begin with too. And to finish it all up Vanitas and Xion had Sora's face! LOL XD

Morph787

Somewhere in This World that God created!
HEY GUYS! Im still a little new here but I'VE been thinking with a friend of mine a new theory! what do u think about this....

MX creates Vanitas, and for me & my friend, he doesn't have a face to begin with. Maybe thats why he has the mask on. Now then MX is now in Terra's body, so that means when his heartless and nobody were created, the Nobody did the same thing as his original self. The same thing happend when Xemnas created Xion, she didn't had a face to begin with too. And to finish it all up Vanitas and Xion had Sora's face! LOL XD oh, and Xion used her hood to cover her face!

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I just wondered who Ven was talking too in the beginning. I and I'm sure everyone else believes it was Sora, but why when they speak together it sounds like someone older. I was thinking 'oh, maybe it's just older Sora's voice but why would Sora sound older then?

But I like this theory. It's similar to what I originally thought and it fits for the most part.

Kentsu13

I just wondered who Ven was talking too in the beginning. I and I'm sure everyone else believes it was Sora, but why when they speak together it sounds like someone older. I was thinking 'oh, maybe it's just older Sora's voice but why would Sora sound older then?

But I like this theory. It's similar to what I originally thought and it fits for the most part.

ya i agree i tihnk its sora but again the older voice thing is weird it seems to mature to be sora (young)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back