• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: The World's End

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BassDS

Awards
Honestly, I'm still banking on Darkness really being Vanitas and he ends up being one of the two threats to deal with, with the other being MoM.

I'm just getting Dark Bakura vibes from him; how it just seemed like he was a bit player when we first saw him, in Vanitas' case, serving under Xehanort, and biding time to make his own move as the true antagonist of the series.

Call me crazy, but it's what I'm getting the feeling from seeing everything.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
it always entertain me for people losing their sh*t over the usage of lifeboat instead of ark in English. At such moment I am grateful for in my native language, the word for ark isn't that religious locked for it's also tied to a local folklore.

Small observation, but I see that Lauriam seems to be Magic attribute and Brain Speed... and Ventus is Speed, so, Ephemer and Skuld are the Power ones? Hmmm...

I'm just getting Dark Bakura vibes from him; how it just seemed like he was a bit player when we first saw him, in Vanitas' case, serving under Xehanort, and biding time to make his own move as the true antagonist of the series.

Call me crazy, but it's what I'm getting the feeling from seeing everything.
Dark Bakura.... now that's a way to say it. yeah, since Vanitas is actually part of darkness., much like Bakura is actually part of Zorc. That being said, they do say darkness are multiple beings. Is there any other character that turns out to be darkness? Cause, in YGO, not only Bakura, but Dark Akhenaden is actually part of Zorc too.....

blank points

Awards
Lol you gotta love Nomura's trolling of the fans in the scene with the Black Box. But wow though, the Phase 2 plotline is shaping up to be quite interesting indeed.

yuyayuzu

Awards
I just remembered something. Ven has encountered a Darkling before right and the darkling said something you are not but this time the darklings say you. Is it because they are actually searching for pure light?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think the True Dandelion must be Ava.
Who else is left in Daybreak Town? All the Dandelions went to the data world, everyone else is dead, and the Foretellers save Ava were summoned to Luxu post-KHIII. There's no one left.

As for the "seven crowns," I'm not sure that's something we need to think too hard about. The Master frames the events of χ as a process of filtering the Keyblade wielders into a chosen few, a competition. The Master even says anyone could wind up in those pods. So those who reach the final step, and use the pods, take the "crown" at the end of the competition.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I'm surprised how easy the fight was. I was worried I didn't have enough jewels to stay in the battle but our allies were actually useful for once!

Only had to continue for 100 jewels and it still counted as 3 turns/under 3 turns so I got the 1000 Jewels.

ZeVaine

Awards

I think we ALMOST know who takes the 7 lifeboats to exit the Data world:
-Brain (has to in order to eventually give birth to line that is Eraqus)
-Maleficent (already shown)
-Lauriam (becomes Marluxia)
-Ventus (he's there in BBS, he's got to get there somehow)
-Elrena somehow (I mean, otherwise how is she there in the Sora era)
-Luxu (he can't just stay in the data world, he has to continue watching and be there in the future with the box and keyblade)
-Skuld (It's at least hinted because of Subject X, and Ephemer is the only one who hasn't been hinted at PHYSICALLY appearing in the Sora era)

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Hm I see... I see.... so this implies Ventus was "pure" all along. One of the few remaining ones after darkness infected everyone? And apparently so pure that darkness didn't infect him, just hitched a ride?

I know technically Vanitas could be Darkness with this new plot stuff, but I still think Vanitas is just an amalgamation of Darkness, Ven, and Sora. I mean, Nomura could prove me totally wrong, but I don't think Vanitas == Darkness that we see in these cutscenes. If it is, he's just as screwed up mentally as Ven is, no memories or anything.

I'm hoping Vanitas is not the next "main" villain. I don't mind him being a foe or something, but I don't want him teaming up with the next sinister six and going through this rodeo again. Just let him be a mini-villain struggling with his identity and call it a day.

Lifeboat is super stupid

Luxu coming in like that gave me Master Xehanort vibes for a second there. That was probably on purpose. I started wondering if Ven was in the blankets, but I don't know if this is taking place at the same time as the fighting or what.

Ava in the blanket? It's possible that she's the 'true' dandelion and why she didn't show up at the end. Luxu would know that she 'fulfilled her purpose'

Also, I only filled out one space on 1/3 bingo cards. Wow.

Last edited:

Violet Pluto

Awards
I mean, we at least potentially know why Ava ended up being so livid at the end of the Keyblade War. Finding out that all people you saved turn out to just be an extra step in the end of the world, and that only a specific handful of them will actually survive is rough. Also I feel dumb for only now getting the Dandelion Metaphor but I for some reason thought of sunflowers every time they said it. But it makes sense, Dandelions have a bad habit of surviving anything trying to exterminate it.

LoneFox

Awards
-Luxu (he can't just stay in the data world, he has to continue watching and be there in the future with the box and keyblade)
But is this scene happening in the data world or in the real one?

Remember, one of the pods in the data world got damaged, but here it has no sign of that. Of course, it is possible that the Darkness has repaired it...

In any case we are missing a piece of the story here, since they are implying that Maleficent left already, but we haven't seen her to learn about the box yet.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Speaking of Ven, there’s another development right there. It seems that he’s always been naturally pure, long before MX tore him apart. It makes one think, was all of humanity actually pure before the end of the Age of Fairy Tales?

My understanding based on this update is that Ven and Darkness were both essentially "refined" or "purified" through the process of Darkness' possession of Ven. Neither were pure before.

"We are many, and we are one. But to be one requires will. Through him, we could divide into pure darkness and light... willful and distinct. It was a sacrifice that needed to be made."

Darkness is at least implying that it was somewhat diffuse before, and now it's consolidated itself in some way through Ven (though it still appears to have detached fragments of itself hovering around -- like the one Luxu talks to when he says "Aren't you supposed to be part of the whole?"). How this affects Ven is less clear but one can deduce a similar thing, in principle, happens with the "light" inside him.

Side note: makes me think of alchemy and the refinement/purification of the "prima materia" (formless basis of matter - Darkness, anyone?) distilled to its purest essence to transmute it into gold/the philosopher's stone (Light).

Last edited:

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Ventus eradicating those darklings with his light is what I wanted Kairi, as a Princess of Heart, to do in KH3 war against heartless demon tide.

Seven crowns... Just a matter of time until Sora's crown necklace to have some meaning. I'm expecting Yozora to be one of them and the world MoM was talking in the end must be Quadratum.

cakito123

Awards
How the hell is Elrena going to appear and survive?? She is so apart from this story, that shes the one character I really wanna know HOW. The rest seems obvious
Maybe it was her already in the white blanket?

Kudos for Angry Skuld. Loved Lauriam standing up and being optimistic! Mom's talk to darkness cleared a lot up too. Nice update

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
My understanding based on this update is that Ven and Darkness were both essentially "refined" or "purified" through the process of Darkness' possession of Ven. Neither were pure before.

"We are many, and we are one. But to be one requires will. Through him, we could divide into pure darkness and light... willful and distinct. It was a sacrifice that needed to be made."

Darkness is at least implying that it was somewhat diffuse before, and now it's consolidated itself in some way through Ven (though it still appears to have detached fragments of itself hovering around -- like the one Luxu talks to when he says "Aren't you supposed to be part of the whole?"). How this affects Ven is less clear but one can deduce a similar thing, in principle, happens with the "light" inside him.

Side note: makes me think of alchemy and the refinement/purification of the "prima materia" (formless basis of matter - Darkness, anyone?) distilled to its purest essence to transmute it into gold/the philosopher's stone (Light).
I can understand that interpretation, but doesn't it seem like Darkness is speaking of the future, not the present? He keeps saying "It was written", but is it speaking of NOW, or what will happen in the future? Because we can confirm it definitely happens in the future.

He says "We COULD divide" and then "needed to be made". It's still vague, is he talking about it needed to happen now, or that it needed to happen later in the future when Master Xehanort does it?

Yes, they kept asking it "Why are you still here trying to stop us?" or whatever and Darkness goes on a rant about Ven basically right? Is it not leaving because it still needs Ven? In which case, I'm not sure the true 'split' it was talking about has happened yet.

cakito123

Awards
I'm confused about the Seven crowns y'all talking about. When does that appear in the cutscenes?

Back