• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: The Witch Trapped in the World of Data

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

5 story quests (No. 841~845) have been added!

Translations are now available, thanks to goldpanner!

DISCLAIMER: Due to the shadowy figure's vague pronouns in the Japanese script and lack of context, we have substituted in "we" in their dialogue for the time being. 

(Maleficent limps back to her castle after the battle with the Player and Prince Phillip.)

Maleficent: Why...

Why…!

Why can I not change how it ends?

(A voice sounds out.)

???Did you think nobody knew you were from the future, Maleficent…?

(Maleficent whips around.)

Maleficent: Who goes there? Show yourself!

(A figure steps out from the shadows, still hidden from view.)
(Note: Don't know if it's important, but the figure looks like static fuzz.)

???: Who am I? I guess you can call me…

Darkness.

Maleficent: Darkness?

That's certainly vague.

Darkness: Your scheme was rather simple, Maleficent.

Travel to the world of the past, rewrite your own defeat, and gather the seven hearts of pure light. That's what you wanted.

Maleficent: ...

Darkness: However, changing the past is not so simple that any ignorant person can do it.

"You may travel back in time to a past in which a version of you had existed. This requires your body and heart to have once been split."

These are the rules of time travel.

(Cuts to an image of Rikunort stabbing Maleficent in KH1)

Darkness: When the boy you thought you'd manipulated so cleverly pierced you with a Keyblade, it crossed your mind.

(Cuts to side by side image of Maleficent and Master Xehanort.)

Darkness: You would most likely now be able to travel back in time using the method that elderly Keyblade wielder once taught you. Right?

(Back to Maleficent.)

Maleficent: So everything had been foreseen from the start.

Darkness: The Master knew, of course, that you would come to the past using that method. This is why Enchanted Dominion was never constructed in the real world, before the Keyblade War.

Maleficent: You grow tedious! The point is that you've trapped me, have you not?

(Cuts to Book of Prophecies.)

Darkness: Before the Keyblade War, the Keyblade Wielders

(The book flips open, revealing the worlds we visited.)

Darkness: defeated monsters of darkness and gathered light, from future worlds of light drawn from the Book of Prophecies.

(Cuts to image of the Foretellers.)

Darkness: After the Keyblade War. the Master and the Foretellers vanished,

(Cuts to the Keyblade Graveyard.)

Darkness: and the remaining Keyblade wielders' memories of grief were overwritten with new experiences.

However, without the Master and the Foretellers, it would no longer be possible for worlds to be drawn from the Book of Prophecies.

(Cuts to the Disney characters at various points in their story, mostly happy endings.)

Darkness: For this reason, worlds were reconstructed in advance from data.

Including, you see, ones that had never been constructed in the real world. 

(Back to Maleficent)

Maleficent: I told you to get to the point. So what you mean to say is that this place is not the real world?

Darkness: Correct. This place you have come to is not the real world. This is a data world that was prepared in advance, and its story has already been decided. You have been locked out from rewriting anything at all.

Maleficent: Ah, so you were forced to trap me in this isolated space because you feared my power.

Darkness: A good guess. However, it was not your power we were afraid of.

It was your memories. You know the future.

This may only be data, but one of the worlds of the seven hearts has been left out. 

It would be inconvenient for us if memories of what happens in that world were to transcend time.

Maleficent: Hmph! So? What do you plan to do?

Do you intend to keep me trapped here in this world of… data, or what have you?

Darkness: That would also be inconvenient. We need to have you return to your original time.

Maleficent: But isn't it impossible to travel forwards through time?

Darkness: There is a way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: (SPOILERS) Union X: Maleficent Learns All

The actual scene title is "Imprisoned Witch in the Data World".

This is basically 8 minutes of talking and exposition where the shadowy figure tells post-dragon battle Maleficent everything about the 7 hearts, Book of Prophecies, etc etc etc

The video should be uploaded in about 10-20 minutes, give or take.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

The actual scene title is "Captured Witch in the Data World".

This is basically 8 minutes of talking and exposition where the shadowy figure tells post-dragon battle Maleficent everything about the 7 hearts, Book of Prophecies, etc etc etc

im not sure if that was xehanort himself also this has nothing to do with unchained 0

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Interesting. So, we're seeing a flashback to how Xehanort and Maleficent first met and not a continuation of the X secret ending? I'll be curious to see what all takes place.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Interesting. So, we're seeing a flashback to how Xehanort and Maleficent first met and not a continuation of the X secret ending? I'll be curious to see what all takes place.
yeah it seems that way since she doesn’t have bird with her like in the unchained 0 scene

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

That might be the case if the scene didn't include flashbacks to KH1 so, until we have translations, may be best to sit on over-speculating what's happened

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

That might be the case if the scene didn't include flashbacks to KH1 so, until we have translations, may be best to sit on over-speculating what's happened

Well then! I'm very interested to see this now.

yeah it seems that way since she doesn’t have bird with her like in the unchained 0 scene

Actually, if you look at the screenshot, it would seem that Diablo (the bird) has been turned to stone, possibly? Look at the top of the staircase on the righthand side. Now, that might also be a scenic decoration, but it is odd that that's the only stone bird in the picture and Diablo is missing from the scene.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Video's up!

Well then! I'm very interested to see this now.

Actually, if you look at the screenshot, it would seem that Diablo (the bird) has been turned to stone, possibly? Look at the top of the staircase on the righthand side. Now, that might also be a scenic decoration, but it is odd that that's the only stone bird in the picture and Diablo is missing from the scene.

Diablo gets turned to stone by Merryweather, same as in the movie.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Who is talking to anyway that doesn’t seem it xehanot if she mentions him a cutscene

that right but in the unchained 0 the bird alive and well

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Fascinating. So, perhaps the shadowy figure isn't Xehanort? Those flashback images showed Xehanort, as if that meeting had already taken place and was being referred to in the past tense. So, this seems to be a different character. And given the title of the cutscene, this does seem to be taking in present day in the Data World.

Oh right, silly me.

that right but in the unchained 0 the bird alive and well

At this point, I'm thinking that Maleficent used the Datascape to go back to events of the past, for whatever reason. Perhaps she was trying to conquer the Data Worlds, as implied in Coded? But the events played out the same as before? I'm not sure, I'm going purely off of guesses and assumptions from what I saw in the video. The translations will clarify things, of course.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

So this is a spitball, but could it be that:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

True what is this mysterious figure master of masters or luxu and he talking about the new lights and book of prophecies

So this is a spitball, but could it be that:

Spoiler Spoiler Show
it might be possible that could explain the lack of diablo in the scene if it present day data

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I don’t think this is the case since this scene takes place after the world’s events whereas Maleficent had already met Xehanort by the time Aurora was asleep in BBS.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Hmm, intriguing but also a bit confusing.

Which "post-dragon"-battle are we talking about? Maleficent was fought in Dragon form several times and the scene with the shadowy figure takes place in Enchanted Dominion which means the time of KH 1 is out of the question as the world was destroyed at that time, which leaves either BBS time (after Aqua and Philip beat her up) or the battle from Ux itself as possible candidates.

Also, probably a total shot into the blue and impossible to clear up anyways, but the way this figure comes out of the shadow reminds me of the time in the original X[chi] when Ephemer sneaked into the Foreteller's tower and met a coaty there shrouded half in shadow as well.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Which "post-dragon"-battle are we talking about? Maleficent was fought in Dragon form several times and the scene with the shadowy figure takes place in Enchanted Dominion which means the time of KH 1 is out of the question as the world was destroyed at that time, which leaves either BBS time (after Aqua and Philip beat her up) or the battle from Ux itself as possible candidates.

Also, probably a total shot into the blue and impossible to clear up anyways, but the way this figure comes out of the shadow reminds me of the time in the original X[chi] when Ephemer sneaked into the Foreteller's tower and met a coaty there shrouded half in shadow as well.
this seems like ux time the only reason I say that they metion the bbs time when they show the picture of her and xehanot

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

This is giving me some serious villain-behind-the-villain vibes now. I swear to god...

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

This is giving me some serious villain-behind-the-villain vibes now. I swear to god...
im not surprise if this all master of masters or luxu doing i mean he does a eye that can gazed in the future

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

im not surprise if this all master of masters or luxu doing i mean he does a eye that can gazed in the future

I certainly hope not because that would be predictable, dumb, and cheapen a lot of significant events in the series.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I can't wait to read the translations of this! Gets my mind racing about what this could mean for KH3, especially if it's true and Maleficent has done some time travelling of her own.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I certainly hope not because that would be predictable, dumb, and cheapen a lot of significant events in the series.
i know but I don’t know about the book of prophecies besides luxu, master of masters ,the seven unions leaders or the new dandelion leader that has the book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back