• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: The Witch Trapped in the World of Data

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Re: (SPOILERS) Union X: Maleficent Learns All

Sooo... let me get this straight: Maleficent thought of traveling back in time to the era of the Keyblade War, but ended up traveling to the Datascape, presumably Luxu trapped her there, and the events of KHUx have been happening on the Datascape?

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

Y’all what if Union Cross is just a “game” of the datascape .......

Yes, my thoughts exactly! this gets me excited and - -

........that Sora has been playing on his Gummiphone this whole time. So meta. Lmao.

- - gosh, no D: time travel was complicated enough, but a game within a game being story-relevant and actually quite decissive for the plot of the series?? I swear if this actually is a thing... *shivers* I know it's a joke, but I'm half-laughing and half-worrying already lol

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Sooo... let me get this straight: Maleficent thought of traveling back in time to the era of the Keyblade War, but ended up traveling to the Datascape, presumably Luxu trapped her there, and the events of KHUx have been happening on the Datascape?
I think, especially with Spirits, it's safe to say Player and the Dandelions are in a Sleeping World.
However in the real world, the worlds once projected by the Book of Prophecies are instead stored as data.

Which conveniently allows Player to visit worlds of the future even after exiting the dream.

Nomura's taking revenge on everyone who ever said Re:coded didn't matter and I'm loving it

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I think, especially with Spirits, it's safe to say Player and the Dandelions are in a Sleeping World.
However in the real world, the worlds once projected by the Book of Prophecies are instead stored as data.

Which conveniently allows Player to visit worlds of the future even after exiting the dream.

Nomura's taking revenge on everyone who ever said Re:coded didn't matter and I'm loving it

Oh okay this makes sorta more sense to me lol. I thought thats what it was saying but I was having a hard time putting it exactly straight lol. That's still a bit much ha.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Since this all seems to take place in data​, doesn't a video game world make a lot more sense now? :)

If the concept of data is all that connects Ralph to Union Cross as a whole, it seems like they’re only forcing that specific world in to profit off the sequel film in the cheapest possible way. I don’t know why there should be a world inside a video game inside another world (Litwak’s Arcade) which would be inside a data world that is recreating the past, which recreates the future, which is all in a video game. A few too many layers for my taste. A world like Brave or even Atlantis would fit more with themes of this game as a whole and fit in with the other existing worlds as simple recreations of the past. I’m not saying Sugar Rush isn’t in the game, but I’m yet to be convinced that there is any *good* story context for its inclusion.

Also, since the world wasn’t added this month after all, they still have PGW and other events to reveal a summon for a different potential world. :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hey, over this entire time I never said it was a good inclusion. It’s just the one Square Enix has kept pointing people to since April. If it’s anything different, then alright lets go, but up until then there are so many arrows that point to Ralph.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Hey, over this entire time I never said it was a good inclusion. It’s just the one Square Enix has kept pointing people to since April. If it’s anything different, then alright lets go, but up until then there are so many arrows that point to Ralph.

Absolutely and your point in that regard stands. It certainly makes sense that SE would do something like this; I just don’t think they should. I’m open to seeing what they do with it and I’m hopeful that they’ll prove my doubts wrong; I just don’t see how it’ll fit with everything else in the game. But to be honest, I’m not 100% sure how it would tie into KH3 either. The benefit it has there though is being part of an immersive experience more true to the film along with plenty of those unique gameplay opportunities.

Maybe we’ll get an announcement of the new world soon now that this update has passed. Surely, if Ralph is being added, they’ll want to advertise it beforehand.

Qiesamuel

"Because of that, one of the Princess's worlds was omitted. It would be a problem if the memories of what happened in that world were brought back into the future."

I wonder what is this PoH's world he talked about. Radiant Garden would be impossible since it exists in the future. So I suspect it is Daybreak Town and we still haven't seen the PoH in this world. This is in line with current timeline as all characters, especially Ventus and Marluxia, don't have memories of what happened in there.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

"Because of that, one of the Princess's worlds was omitted. It would be a problem if the memories of what happened in that world were brought back into the future."

I wonder what is this PoH's world he talked about. Radiant Garden would be impossible since it exists in the future. So I suspect it is Daybreak Town and we still haven't seen the PoH in this world. This is in line with current timeline as all characters, especially Ventus and Marluxia, don't have memories of what happened in there.

I think it’s the new world being added soon. I don’t think Daybreak Town would count as omitted since it is there in this data realm. If he is referring to the world being omitted from the data, at least. As you said, Radiant Garden wouldn’t make sense either since Maleficent already knows what happened there.

It also makes sense that they’d foreshadow the new world with “Oh, there’s another Princess of Heart world that was left out all this time.” Maybe it is the Princess who passes her role down to Kairi and they will be explaining how the transfer of power between generations of PoH works since that situation is coming up in KH3? Maybe the “problem” is discovering that Princesses of Heart change over time? It would certainly be a problem if Maleficent learns this and decides to use the new Princesses in the present day for her schemes.

ImVentus

Awards

My frustration over this game has now turned to internal rapture. Seems like that Maleficent got herself into a tangled mess yet again lol. That's what happens when you misinterpret datascape as date escape.

Qiesamuel

I think it’s the new world being added soon. I don’t think Daybreak Town would count as omitted since it is there in this data realm. If he is referring to the world being omitted from the data, at least. As you said, Radiant Garden wouldn’t make sense either since Maleficent already knows what happened there.

It also makes sense that they’d foreshadow the new world with “Oh, there’s another Princess of Heart world that was left out all this time.” Maybe it is the Princess who passes her role down to Kairi and they will be explaining how the transfer of power between generations of PoH works since that situation is coming up in KH3? Maybe the “problem” is discovering that Princesses of Heart change over time? It would certainly be a problem if Maleficent learns this and decides to use the new Princesses in the present day for her schemes.

If that was the case, then I couldn't see some random Disney world being the new world we'll see next. Nomura wouldn't allow Disney princess to hold that much of impotance since it would affect Kairi and the main story.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

If that was the case, then I couldn't see some random Disney world being the new world we'll see next. Nomura wouldn't allow Disney princess to hold that much of impotance since it would affect Kairi and the main story.

We know for sure that the next world will be a Disney one. I don’t think he would have a problem with a Disney Princess being around prior to Kairi’s birth and I don’t think it happening to be a Disney character would be as big of a deal as you think. Kairi was only like four during BBS, so surely she wasn’t around to be a Princess right after the Keyblade War.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Could it be Pocahontas world that the only world that could exist in the time of the keyblade war

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

My goodness this is all so very intriguing, confusing, hard to follow, and exciting all at once. Never change, Kingdom Hearts.

I do have to say, I thought Coded was hard to follow. Then I thought DDD was hard to follow. But this? Christ on a bicycle, this is a whole new level, man.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Here's my translation while we all wait for a better one
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Thank you for doing this while we wait. <3

Definitely sounds like it'll be the new world, and that would be a great reason for why the shady shadow says it was put on hold. Since we know the new world in UX won't be in KH3, this could mean whatever knowledge maybe/maybe not Luxu doesn't want Maleficent to know doesn't necessarily affect that specific world, but would have her "go off script" in a sense.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

I swear I have no idea what's even happening anymore.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

If the new world is the "omitted Princess one" is the Princess in question one of the new PoH in KH3?

Hirokey123

Awards

“But then I realized I could conquer other worlds in my own manner”. Well that explains the other worlds and why she wanted the data worlds in DDD. She likely wanted to see if she could use them as a link to the worlds of UX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back