• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: The ark to the future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Platinum End

Let us not forget that Lea & Isa were trying to save a girl in Radiant Garden. A girl with no memories that is locked up. Has to definitely be Skuld. Which brings me to say that the culprit is Skuld. It is too easy to say that it is ventus given his unknown history. I don't have a lot of things to back up that it could be skuld because the khux story is confusing and should be a console game before releasing kh4

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Let us not forget that Lea & Isa were trying to save a girl in Radiant Garden. A girl with no memories that is locked up. Has to definitely be Skuld. Which brings me to say that the culprit is Skuld. It is too easy to say that it is ventus given his unknown history. I don't have a lot of things to back up that it could be skuld because the khux story is confusing and should be a console game before releasing kh4
So you're saying that Skuld has to be the culprit because she could be Subject X and Subject has no memories of her past?

Seighart

Awards
Well why can't Darkness be Strelitzia? We still have that unknown figure in the title opening holding an actual Strelitzia flower right? I just don't think we're done with her yet.

I often question why anything had to happen to her and not... well anyone else. I'm sure her connection to her brother was the deciding factor and not just her desperation to recruit player.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Well why can't Darkness be Strelitzia? We still have that unknown figure in the title opening holding an actual Strelitzia flower right? I just don't think we're done with her yet.
Nomura actually confirmed that the hooded figure in the artwork wasn't Strelitzia quite a while back (before the art was even officially released). That said, if she turns out to be Nameless Star, I can't imagine her not appearing in the flesh again at some point.

DarknessInZero

I often question why anything had to happen to her and not... well anyone else. I'm sure her connection to her brother was the deciding factor and not just her desperation to recruit player.

there’s no evidence that Strelitzia knows all the things Darkness does. Darkness is aware of the BoP for instance. Strelitzia shouldn’t know a thing about it.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
This is probably going to sound really science fictiony but here goes lol.

I kind of have a feeling the "ark" might actually be a stationary machine and the box we've seen Luxu/Xigbar carrying is the portable smaller version.

I remember reading that translated Luxu conversation where he talked about the box and it not being what we might think it is. What if that's kind of true. What if the box we've seen him carrying is currently in an "idle/sleep" mode form but it has the ability to transform into something else, like a machine. If opened, this machine would have the ability to create a portal. Luxu/Xigbar does kind of have that ability to bend space to his will so technically we don't know how far he can reach between dimensions. What's to say he can't stick that box wherever he wants.

With all that being said, you would now have the ability to travel between two points: Ark and to wherever the box has been placed. Since the box has never been opened, could this be something the MoM wants to utilize in the future?

It's probably all totally wrong but atleast I can get a fun mental imagine of MoM and Xigbar being like Doc Brown and Marty McFly with them going back and forth to the past and future lol.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I kind of have a feeling the "ark" might actually be a stationary machine and the box we've seen Luxu/Xigbar carrying is the portable smaller version.

I remember reading that translated Luxu conversation where he talked about the box and it not being what we might think it is. What if that's kind of true. What if the box we've seen him carrying is currently in an "idle/sleep" mode form but it has the ability to transform into something else, like a machine. If opened, this machine would have the ability to create a portal. Luxu/Xigbar does kind of have that ability to bend space to his will so technically we don't know how far he can reach between dimensions. What's to say he can't stick that box wherever he wants.

With all that being said, you would now have the ability to travel between two points: Ark and to wherever the box has been placed. Since the box has never been opened, could this be something the MoM wants to utilize in the future?

It's probably all totally wrong but atleast I can get a fun mental imagine of MoM and Xigbar being like Doc Brown and Marty McFly with them going back and forth to the past and future lol.
I wouldn't put it past Nomura to make us think that the Black Box has something inside it, when in reality, the lock system it has is used to camouflage the device into a box.

Maleficent said that perhaps the Box doesn't yet exist in their time. Meaning that, perhaps, Luxigbar hid it in a space/time pocket and the reason he sent everyone in a wild goose chase for it is because he needed everyone to desire it in order to attract it. Maybe he hid it in a split version of the Keyblade Graveyard, and the same way the Toybox world worked, perhaps he hid the Box in another Keyblade Graveyard, and when everyone involved in its desire appeared in the Graveyard, the Box appeared?

OneDandelion

Awards
Calling it now, Ava became [Darkness] and whatever entity [darkness] is that took over Ava is what took her name and everything about her.

So I think the nameless star is Ava. And most likely skuld is subject X.

Also Sora says he was really glad he met the star and that she cheered him up, as if she's really easy to talk to. You know who else said someone was easy to talk to? Brain and Ephemer, about AVA. Bam, proof.

And the person who would be distressed by her absence would be Gula, who also happens to be Ven who killed Strelitzia and took her spot as a union leader because of Vanitas.

There, thats my theory and no one can convince me otherwise.

Last edited:

Sora’s Skyline

Awards
Calling it now, Ava became [Darkness] and whatever entity [darkness] is that took over Ava is what took her name and everything about her.

Also Sora says he was really glad he met the star and that she cheered him up, as if she's really easy to talk to. You know who else said someone was easy to talk to? Brain and Ephemer, about AVA. Bam, proof.

And the person who would be distressed by her absence would be Gula, who also happens to be Ven who killed Strelitzia and took her spot as a union leader because of Vanitas.

This is... that is just a lot of leaps based on what we know right now

I just can’t see any foreteller (or MoM) being any character we know.

yuyayuzu

Awards

Well Gula = Ven is fine but I wonder if someone can just forget about adding vanitas into anything ...

D

Deleted member 252753

It's probably nothing but this made me think of the final boss battle in Scala Ad Caelum (built on the remains of Daybreak Town, in the tower of which the ark is said by Darkness to be held).

Specifically, the weird circles that appear beneath you and lift you up during the battle do kind of look like a mechanism to me. On the larger circle are the symbols of the 7 lights and 13 darknesses and beneath it you can make out the symbol of the BoP surrounded by the foretellers' symbols (though it's hard to make them all out with Xehanort hitting you). I assumed these were purely symbolic but perhaps there could be something more going on.

Noivern

Awards
Classic misdirection, voice actors change all the time!

If that was the case, they could have just picked up another VA for Young Sora instead of keeping the same guy who went through puberty. Or use different voice actors for Ven and Roxas/Sora and Vanitas.

Voice actors are significant in KH.

Ink Ribbon

Awards
I wouldn't put it past Nomura to make us think that the Black Box has something inside it, when in reality, the lock system it has is used to camouflage the device into a box.

Maleficent said that perhaps the Box doesn't yet exist in their time. Meaning that, perhaps, Luxigbar hid it in a space/time pocket and the reason he sent everyone in a wild goose chase for it is because he needed everyone to desire it in order to attract it. Maybe he hid it in a split version of the Keyblade Graveyard, and the same way the Toybox world worked, perhaps he hid the Box in another Keyblade Graveyard, and when everyone involved in its desire appeared in the Graveyard, the Box appeared?

Yeah that's definitely a question I hope is answered in Remind. He had the box all these years but lost it now? Like you said, maybe there's a specific influence it needs to reappear. Magic concealed it in a special pocket in the lanes between, but needed enough heart's desire to return it the current location.

Then there's the classic Xiggy stuff where he knew where it was stored and messed around with everyone lol. It is interesting though that he seemed to mention the box more specifically to Marluxia and company. Though you could say Vexen was involved too a bit but we see he's not entirely invested in it's whereabouts. Maybe the search was actually a test or bait of some sort to see if there was someone planning on doublecrossing Xehanort's plan to use it for themselves. Again hopefully we get some answers because really anything could be the answer at this point lol.

It's probably nothing but this made me think of the final boss battle in Scala Ad Caelum (built on the remains of Daybreak Town, in the tower of which the ark is said by Darkness to be held).

Specifically, the weird circles that appear beneath you and lift you up during the battle do kind of look like a mechanism to me. On the larger circle are the symbols of the 7 lights and 13 darknesses and beneath it you can make out the symbol of the BoP surrounded by the foretellers' symbols (though it's hard to make them all out with Xehanort hitting you). I assumed these were purely symbolic but perhaps there could be something more going on.

I looked back myself too and you raise a good point. It appears those magical runes are unlocking something or at the very least warping reality. The sigil circles are spinning at different speeds and the actual colors change from red to gold. It could be something correlating to Kingdom Hearts, Scala, Xehanort or a just general connection between them. Could be nothing like you said but it's still an interesting observation. Hopefully Remind gives us a bit more insight into Scala.

Last edited:

ZeVaine

Awards
Just had a thought:

What if the black box actually did disappear until the end of KH3, when the foretellers appear.

Perhaps the world was on a particular course of destiny that cause the box to disappear... why? Who knows. Perhaps Xehanort's actions weren't initially destined, and perhaps even the MoM triggered them - causing the first change in the timeline which made the box dissapear, among other possible events that don't seem to make sense with what we happening in the past.

However, after Sora defeated Xehanort, and prevented the keyblade war from ending in darkness as prophesied, it lead to a sequence of time-based events that would allow all the other foretellers and the box to reappear... Perhaps even creating the events of the Backcover to happen the way we saw them... and not the way the originally went down, as passed down in legend, which we may have not actually seen.

LoneFox

Awards
It's so important to find the right question to ask. Let me show you...

The dandelions are trapped in data worlds. For data worlds to exist, there must be some kind of computer to run them.
What, and where, is this device?

Kimmy1980

Awards
I'm seen some very interesting theories as of late regarding the black box with the latest union cross updates, and all so good that I'm not sure which one to follow.

One theory - that the black box itself is the ark. I believe this theory belongs to PodCast Now.
One theory - the black box itself is the intermediary object that is mentioned by darkness. Maybe it holds the souls or hearts of the foretellers? The box itself was buried in the keyblade graveyard. Reason foretellers are back is because Luxu is the one to remember them. So maybe they used the ark? I think this was a theory of GamersJoint on youtube. This is one I really want to believe the most. It would explain why the box looks so dirty in the scene.

Back