• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: The ark to the future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Skuld's eyes are brown though, right? Or at least that's how they were depicted in the novel color. I guess you could argue they might be kind of amber-ish in the game, but the graphics make it hard to tell.

Her eyes have red or yellow tints depending on the artwork, but yes, they are consistently brown. Her in-game depiction (top left) is probably the most accurate.

1577241990015.png

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I went back to the scene where the leaders enter the Foretellers' Room for the first time. After giving it some thought, I wonder if the book lying on the desk wasn't intended to be the Book of Prophecies but just used the same asset due to some oversight? Because the fact that Brain shows this book's contents to the other leaders, tears a page out and gives it to them is a huge red flag.

I think the book Brain is shown reading after this scene is probably the actual Book of Prophecies, but the one here in this moment may be just an ordinary research book or something.
I thought it was strange that Ephemera was like "you have the Book?" as if Brain wasn't already shown reading it in front of everyone
So you might be right, it might've just been an oversight for that scene. Maybe it was there as a placeholder while they prepared a new book asset, and someone forgot to swap them. Something like that.

Eonstar890

Awards
I thought it was strange that Ephemera was like "you have the Book?" as if Brain wasn't already shown reading it in front of everyone
So you might be right, it might've just been an oversight for that scene. Maybe it was there as a placeholder while they prepared a new book asset, and someone forgot to swap them. Something like that.

The reason I thought they didn't think anything of it is because they probably have no idea what the book of prophecies is supposed to look like. So Ephemer wouldn't know any better until when Brain reveals it to be the book, plus Brain is the only one who ever really reads the book so the others wouldn't know what was inside the book either. The only scene we see them slightly read it is the one about creating spirits but even then Brain rips that page out for their use so no one else ever physically holds the entire tome. We as the audience obviously recognize the book, but the majority of wielders in DT have never seen it before.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Even though her name litterly means Guilt or Blame in Swedish, haven't it been confirmed that Ava made Skuld one of the leaders?
I thought so at least, so I figured this episode just confirmed that Ava slaughtered Strelitzia and gave the book to Brain (who btw might get possessed by Luxu) to change the future and thus she's the traitor.
Part of me suspected Invi just because she was the serpent and caused conflict where her mission was to keep the peace.

Awards
You know, something I didn't realize until now... Remember when Ephemer disappeared suddenly, and we never saw him again until after the Keyblade War ended? His disappearance if I remember correctly happened around the same time he and Player explored the tower.

Yes it did. I went back to Everglow's videos
at 42:00 is when Ephemer calls off the search of the tower, and says they will come back tomorrow. Afterwards, he goes exploring the tower, and we never hear of him again (outside of a dream) until after the war.

We're on the same page. If she's willing to switch up who gets the Book, who's to say she wouldn't go any further? Let's say Ava didn't have a role in it. Then who could've possibly known who would've been chosen by the Master of Masters as a Union Leader? Unless the assailant was someone who was just knocking off random Keyblade wielders and happened to strike gold with Strelitzia, it would've had to be someone who knew she was in possession of a rulebook. And since Ava is in charge of forming the Dandelions, (her role that only she knew) and the Master of Masters was long gone by the time this was all happening...

The biggest support of "Ava did it" in my opinion is that, no one else knew. How could anyone have killed Strelitzia that didn't know what to gain from it. It eliminates any motives.

Yeah, the more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm thinking it's likely that Ava killed Strelitzia. I've never subscribed to the theory that Vanitas is Darkness, because that's a little too on the nose, and generally isn't how Nomura does things. It also doesn't make sense because Vanitas was created from forcing a split between Ven's light and darkness... at the hands of Master Xehanort. If Vanitas was in existence before, how would Xehanort know about it? Unless the guy just got lucky. But then you'd have to explain how Darkness has knowledge about things they logically shouldn't, if Darkness is Vanitas. Plus yeah, who else but the Foretellers would have access to the BoP? This cutscene ALONE narrows it down to who Darkness could be, it'd have to be someone in the know, and it wouldn't even be possible for Vanitas to be in possession of the Book.

We thought it before, but now it feels like it can only be one of 7 possible people (Ava, MoM, Ira, Invi, Gula, Aced or Brain) as they are the only ones that we know have read the book. Remember not even Luxu has read it. Clearly he knows of it, and knows certain pieces, but he hasn't read it. So unless the MoM has just been handing out books like candy, or someone stole a foreteller's book (and transported it to the digital world?) then it can only be one of the 7. Given that it appears MoM, Ira, Invi, Gula, and Aced all died in the war (as they are returned to the KG after KH3 by Luxu) that suggests Ava, MoM or Brain. Brain it appears, hasn't read the book until recently, and even if he had Luxu suggests in the reports he doesn't have the powers to become Darkness and make all of that happen. That means we are left with the disappeared Master, or Ava.

If Ven is the killer, you have to wonder what "possessed" him to go do it. What's his MO? Ven shouldn't have any sort of knowledge about the World or the fate that lies beyond the Keyblade War. So unless he's just a Jekyll-Hyde character who's a serial killer on the low... It doesn't make much sense. Because for this to be true, Ven would have to be privy to Foreteller secrets, and not just "there's a war coming and there's five Unions" secrets, because the Dandelions knew this was coming anyway. It'd have to be something MUCH bigger than that.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again now. If someone else killed Strelitzia, what was their motive in becoming a union leader? What was their goal? Since the leaders were revealed, no one has acted out of place and done anything to suggest they are innately evil / a traitor. I don't buy the Jekyll-Hyde situation being Nomura's style of story-telling. Add in the question, what triggers the personality switch? Why haven't we seen it again in all this time?

Occam's Razor... The easiest/most logical solution is usually the right answer. It's a lot easier to have 1 bad guy in this than several.

Add in the Disney element to all of this, and I can't see them accepting Sora teaming up with a former murderer if it were to be Ven (completely destroys any positivity to his character, I don't care if it really was "Vanitas" who did the deed). There is no redemption arc available for whichever character did kill Strelitzia that leads to them working with Sora to take down the bad guys in the future. Absolutely None, not with Disney's interference in the series. That's why I have always been adamant, it can't be Ven.

Last edited:

Kokoko253

Awards
Ava being the killer makes no sense. Why kill Strelitzia, if she can just simply NOT give her the rulebook?
I really liked the Darkness = Vanitas theory, but one thing struck me. Darkness said to Maleficient "According to the BoP, you exist in the future.", which implies that he is not from the future, otherwise he would simply know Maleficient exists there, without referencing the book. I also doubt Ava is Darkness, simply because I see no motivation for her to help Maleficient. If she wanted to change the future, which she wants, keeping her in the past should be a prime opportunity to her, since Maleficient being there is an anomaly.

Ephemer, Skuld, Ven, Brain all talked about Ava as the one choosing them, (except for Lauriam, but I doubt he is the replacement, since Brain wanted to talk about Ephemer about the replacement, which means it's either Ephemer, Skuld or Ven). Since I doubt that the replacement is the the killer (none of them evil), that means the one who gave them the rulebook took on the form of Ava with illusions, which so far is shown as Foreteller magic (exhibited by Ava multipe times). I still belive Gula is the killer, simply because he seems the most shady of the Foretellers. Aced and Ira are way too straightforward, Ava doesn't seem evil, Invi is the second most suspicious, but the fact Strelitzia was killed in Gula's room and that in Back Cover Gula looked like he was ready to summon KH just to get back MoM makes him the prime suspect in my eyes. His goal would be to change the future, so the Master is forced to come back. He was the closest to Ava, so he could have some knowledge about the note. He simply killed the one he can the easiest way, and gave the book to someone he thought would change up the future the most.

But most of this is just speculation with shaky at best basis.

Awards
Up to this point, we've been lead to believe certain people are guilty until it turns out that they aren't (or at least have a strong case for why they wouldn't be). First it was Lauriam, then it was Brain. Just like what others have mentioned already, not being chosen may not necessarily mean they're also Strelitzia's killer.
Now this update is leading us to believe Ava is NOT guilty. Another perfect presentation/red herring by Nomura. Unfortunately, he has stacked up so much evidence against Ava, I'm not buying it.

Ven definitely seems to have a lot of darkness within him if Vanitas is anything to go by, but we don't know if he's always had that from the beginning OR if that darkness developed after what happened in the Age of Fairy Tales/Meeting Master Xehanort. So far, he's acted along the same lines as how we know Ven acts currently.

A popular theory is that Ven some how absorbs/gets possessed by Darkness before getting sent to the future, and Xehanort separates them leading to Vanitas as if it is some form of a nobody. I've even seen the idea that upon Vanitas' demise in KH3 that leads to the re-creation of the original darkness (who was Ava), which explains (in Nomura convoluted style) how she gets to the future.

Plus, something to keep in mind... If the Master of Masters knows what the future holds, he absolutely would know about Ven, considering just how big his role is. Taught by Master Xehanort personally, ends up with Master Eraqus, Terra and Aqua, and then becomes one of the Guardians of Light in KH3. If anyone should have the Book of Prophecies, it's actually him. He's the most
important piece in all of this next to Sora and Xehanort.
Or like Luxu, he is SO involved in the future, knowing it would drastically color the future and change what actions would be taken. So it actually might be for the reason you stated, that Ven is absolutely NOT supposed to see the BoP as it would shatter the future the MoM put in place.

When it comes to Ava being Darkness? I think there's a good case for it, but I don't think I want to make that accusation just yet. Luxu says that "Ava had her own mission, and she carried it out." Now, we thought that it was her selecting enough capable Keyblade wielders and forming the Dandelions. But now that we know that she acted under her own agency when giving Brain the Book of Prophecies, what IS her mission? Given what she's said to Brain, she wants to change destiny, even if it means going against her own Master. But at what cost? Luxu didn't seem all that surprised that she wasn't summoned back, so I wonder if he knows what her plans were. Maybe he has an idea but nothing concrete, a hunch of some sort.

Luxu clearly knows of her mission. I expected to see Luxu pop up again and communicate with her / darkness, but I guess it is possible that one of the few things the MoM told Luxu lead him to know that she was the traitor (which we can assume he told her during their conversation) and that after the war she would attempt to alter the course of history, which would of course just bring about the history the MoM expects. That would lead Luxu to assuming she has an additional mission, and is why she is unable to be reunited with the other Foretellers in the KG after KH3.

---

One of the Five is an imposter, someone the Master did not choose. They represent a virus in the program he so carefully wrote.
The virus has begun a strange undertaking: a reckless plot to allow the Five to escape into another worldline. They haven't the means...unless, of course, a certain lady of magic summoned here from the future knows more than I do.

And... "Even on a worldline with no Keyblade War, peace is but a dream. In the absence of us and our Master, a "darkness" arrived—one that shall surely lead the World to yet another demise."

It makes you wonder. Darkness is the one that informed Maleficent of how to jump back to her original timeline, especially noting that going to the Daybreak Town tower will allow her to return to the real world, and the method for returning to her time is deep in the tower's real-world counterpart. The tower (if memory serves) is forbidden for everyone except for the Foretellers/Union Leaders and the Master of Masters, so how would Darkness know about this? This is secret information only a handful of people should be privy to.

Also... Ava is the one who chose Brain to have the Book of Prophecies, but with the latest update... He lets Ephemer see the list of the Chosen Five. Meaning, Brain and Ephemer were definitely chosen by the Master of Masters (unless Brain is luring a trap and made a fake list, but then, why?). Brain was looking over the BoP and then gets his Chirithy to summon Ven and Skuld. Right after that, he's talking with Ephemer. Everything currently going on is a direct result of Ava interfering. Plus... None of the Five would know who'd be chosen before everything happened, so Strelitzia's killer would have to be someone who knows she'd receive a rulebook.

Strelitzia was chosen and then was killed the next day after she realized Player isn't in the Dandelions and wanted to tell them the truth of the fate of the world. The Master of Masters told Ava that the Dandelions won't need to remember the tragedy that is the Keyblade War, so it's implied that a Union Leader talking to ANYONE about anything before the appointed time is a huge no-no. So what happened? My guess is, she was silenced. And if this is the case, then there's only one person who could've done it.

I like this idea, Strelitzia is killed for a reason. Why her and not another leader? Perhaps she was about to blab to Player. If that happens (since our player just does weird crap that makes no sense he/she could easily upset the apple cart here) who knows how the future could be changed. I would love to see the MoM's version of the BoP, does player show up? Is player supposed to die in the war? It appears that we were the only member of the battle who was saved by Ephemer / Skuld. So why the heck are we saved? I don't believe that has ever been answered either. I realize the "story must go on" and we need the player character to do that. But I really wonder if we should have died.

Ephemer was surprised that Skuld was also chosen, but Skuld assumed Ephemer would be chosen. It might be me looking into this too much, but it's an interesting detail to note. Now Ephemer is asked about the person "who isn't meant to be a leader originally". Food for thought.

Brain's Chirithy does look right at Skuld right at the end and says "I'd like you to come with me for a moment" Perhaps Skuld is the unexpected leader. I don't like this theory, but I saw it kicked around that Skuld is the murderer, stole Strelitzia's spot in an effort to reconnect with Ephemer and then when everyone gets future bound and memory-less, that explains why Luxu eventually takes her (because all the EVIL characters need to be together).

Ava being the killer makes no sense. Why kill Strelitzia, if she can just simply NOT give her the rulebook?
I really liked the Darkness = Vanitas theory, but one thing struck me. Darkness said to Maleficient "According to the BoP, you exist in the future.", which implies that he is not from the future, otherwise he would simply know Maleficient exists there, without referencing the book. I also doubt Ava is Darkness, simply because I see no motivation for her to help Maleficient. If she wanted to change the future, which she wants, keeping her in the past should be a prime opportunity to her, since Maleficient being there is an anomaly.

Ephemer, Skuld, Ven, Brain all talked about Ava as the one choosing them, (except for Lauriam, but I doubt he is the replacement, since Brain wanted to talk about Ephemer about the replacement, which means it's either Ephemer, Skuld or Ven). Since I doubt that the replacement is the the killer (none of them evil), that means the one who gave them the rulebook took on the form of Ava with illusions, which so far is shown as Foreteller magic (exhibited by Ava multipe times). I still belive Gula is the killer, simply because he seems the most shady of the Foretellers. Aced and Ira are way too straightforward, Ava doesn't seem evil, Invi is the second most suspicious, but the fact Strelitzia was killed in Gula's room and that in Back Cover Gula looked like he was ready to summon KH just to get back MoM makes him the prime suspect in my eyes. His goal would be to change the future, so the Master is forced to come back. He was the closest to Ava, so he could have some knowledge about the note. He simply killed the one he can the easiest way, and gave the book to someone he thought would change up the future the most.

But most of this is just speculation with shaky at best basis.

My reasoning is that the conversation with Luxu (which happens after Strelitzia is given the book) changes something in Ava. She is compelled to change the future. Or rolling with SuperSaiyan's theory, Strelitzia is about to blab and needs to be silenced. Either theory works well.

As you pointed out, Darkness being from the future and traveling back is highly unlikely given the phrasing of things. Ava wants to get everyone out of the Data world which would change the future. Luxu states in the secret reports that a "certain lady of magic" can help them do that. That is why Ava needs Maleficent and would want to help her.

This is the video that turned me on to the idea. If you want some more reasoning to why Ava could be darkness, I'd check it out. All credit to the Secret Reports for creating it.

Hirokey123

Awards
So I like the idea that Ventus was actually supposed to be the one the BoP was entrusted to, it would explain why Ventus feels like he's just "there" because his role and purpose was taken by Ava and given to Brain instead. Ven also as a person makes a lot of sense. Someone who wouldn't abuse the knowledge or power, who wouldn't get taken in by it, the young kind hearted and a little "go with the flow" Ventus would actually make a lot of sense.

Which means Skuld is probably not meant to be the leader because that's the biggest twist and it make sense Brain called Ephemer in to talk about her. However I don't think that means Skuld killed her just that she was put in place of Strelitzia.

I do not think Darkness is Ava anymore if only because of that line Darkness said, how they only know about some of the contents of the BoP. That sounds more like Luxu than Ava, but at the very least that seems to confirm darkness is tied to the MoM, because that's the only way they would have seen only some of the BoP.

Sora’s Skyline

Awards
So I like the idea that Ventus was actually supposed to be the one the BoP was entrusted to, it would explain why Ventus feels like he's just "there" because his role and purpose was taken by Ava and given to Brain instead. Ven also as a person makes a lot of sense. Someone who wouldn't abuse the knowledge or power, who wouldn't get taken in by it, the young kind hearted and a little "go with the flow" Ventus would actually make a lot of sense.

Which means Skuld is probably not meant to be the leader because that's the biggest twist and it make sense Brain called Ephemer in to talk about her. However I don't think that means Skuld killed her just that she was put in place of Strelitzia.

I do not think Darkness is Ava anymore if only because of that line Darkness said, how they only know about some of the contents of the BoP. That sounds more like Luxu than Ava, but at the very least that seems to confirm darkness is tied to the MoM, because that's the only way they would have seen only some of the BoP.
I was thinking that the line was negated by the idea that Ava didn’t have the lost page, and since she thinks she has changed fate (by giving Brain the BoP so in her mind some of the book isn’t true any more, or possibly the future has “changed” and as such not everything is as it was written so she has only knowledge of some of the future.

D

Deleted member 252753

I think there is a lot of logic in Ava being the killer but this latest chapter would make her motivations strange, to say the least. As another put it:

Also... Ava is the one who chose Brain to have the Book of Prophecies, but with the latest update... He lets Ephemer see the list of the Chosen Five. Meaning, Brain and Ephemer were definitely chosen by the Master of Masters (unless Brain is luring a trap and made a fake list, but then, why?).

I agree with this but if Ava were the killer and made the imposter a union leader, and also gave Brain (an original union leader) the book of prophecies with the list of union leaders...

Then she actually made it so her imposter would eventually be discovered by Brain. Why would she do this? I can only think of two explanations:

1) Ava chose to give Brain the book and note to show that he wasn't the intended recipient before deciding to replace Strelitzia (perhaps because she was going to blab to other wielders). So the imposter was an improvisation and accidentally would be uncovered by her previous attempt to change fate. I find this a tad unsatisfactory but it's feasible, I suppose

2) Ava wanted her imposter to be discovered, perhaps to use them as a scapegoat to hide Strelitzia's murder and perhaps other actions by Ava. One would wonder what Ava's plans were in this case, though if she were the Darkness this level of deception would sort of fit.

I am not an expert on the UX stuff so may have made an error.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Even though her name litterly means Guilt or Blame in Swedish, haven't it been confirmed that Ava made Skuld one of the leaders?
I thought so at least, so I figured this episode just confirmed that Ava slaughtered Strelitzia and gave the book to Brain (who btw might get possessed by Luxu) to change the future and thus she's the traitor.
Part of me suspected Invi just because she was the serpent and caused conflict where her mission was to keep the peace.
We saw Skuld get recruited into the Dandelions, but we did not see her get appointed as a Union leader.

CutiePique

Awards
[written in post] I was working off old chi unofficially-translated videos and have no idea what's been included in Ux at this point. So I went and spoiler-tagged that stuff just in case @-@

@-@ My problem with Ava being the killer is I can't see her outright killing someone like that. Naivete maybe, but if she did up and decide she needed a different leader instead of Strelitzia... why act like she needs a "loop hole" or technicality to do that if she's okay just giving the BoP to someone other than who it's supposed to go to? Even if she's already handed the rulebook off to her... why not just ask for it back? Does lil' sis really seem like someone who would make that difficult and complicated? As far as the "talking to Player" aspect, I guess the idea there is Strelitzia acting of her own accord is the big no-no here, but as far as Player is concerned Ava knows they already know, right? 'Cause she invited them to be a Dandelion along with Skuld? And Player wanted to think on it? So if that's the case, why would Ava really care about that here?

I admit, the slow drip feed of this story for so many years has got my memory faulty, so I went through some cutscenes on YT and ran into the Luxu/Ava scene. I literally have no idea anymore if it's been included in Ux and therefore has an official translation or if it hasn't shown up since its appearance in chi and should be brought into question whether it can be considered relevant... point is, there was a line that stood out to me. As Luxu's talking about his role and mission and whatnot, a line of his is translated as "That is why I must keep this world moving forward according to the lost page." and another "I will act in order to carry out my mission, and watch." ...Couldn't that possibly mean that Luxu has the autonomy to act if it means his action will "course correct" a deviation from the MoM's intended future? How killing Strelitzia would course correct is up for debate, but perhaps Brain having the book tips the odds in the Dandelions' favor for escaping b/c big brain. So having a murder mystery will distract or cause distrust enough to ruin that chance. 🤷‍♀️ And as far as "needing to know the names of the new union leaders", Luxu's been watching. Not much need in a name if you know your target's face/appearance.

tl;dr: Luxu killed Strelitzia in response to Ava switching who got the BoP and therefore the imposter leader (AND Ava) isn't a murderer.

...Proooobably a stretch, I know. But it's gotten wedged in my mind now and likely won't want to leave until more truth starts coming out.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I'm loving Maleficent/Darkness plotline. Darkness is keeping me on the edge of my seat as I wait for the moment where it shows its true intentions.

Ventus/Skuld are giving me Roxas/Xion vibes.

As for Strelitzia's killer maybe in 2030 we find out who is, but let me just say Ephemer is the only white haired KH character in this franchise who still didn't do anything evil...

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I think Darkness is his own character, seeing as how I am getting the impression that Luxu was faithful to the MoM's desire of not interfering in his plans. You could make an argument that Luxu was not to interfere in contrast to Ava's interference, which is something I presume the Master expected to happen. Remember that Luxu says that Ava fulfilled her role.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Plus, something to keep in mind... If the Master of Masters knows what the future holds, he absolutely would know about Ven, considering just how big his role is. Taught by Master Xehanort personally, ends up with Master Eraqus, Terra and Aqua, and then becomes one of the Guardians of Light in KH3. If anyone should have the Book of Prophecies, it's actually him. He's the most important piece in all of this next to Sora and Xehanort.
Honestly you're making a better argument for why Ven definitely shouldn't have gotten the BoP then why he should. If the Master of Masters wanted Ventus to play his part in the future Keyblade War he'd need to know as little about his future as possible.

Also I'm kind of curious, wouldn't the other Foretellers know about the Union Leaders? Luxu certainly did, after all he knew that one of them didn't belong. If the book detailed the events of the future most likely leading up all the way to the clash in KH3, wouldn't there need to be at least a mention on who would lead the unions after them?

Eonstar890

Awards

According to the secret reports from KH3, Luxu cannot be darkness because he speaks about how darkness arrived after he and MoM left DT for good.

Plus in BC MoM says that it’s critical that Luxu never sees the book to avoid temporal paradoxes so yeah definitely not him, but it most likely is a Foreteller.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Strelitzia was never confirmed to be the original successor of the BoP if memory serves. She had a rulebook that was stolen after she was killed, but Brain always had the BoP because Ava gave it to him instead of whoever else was supposed to have it. But think about it. Who were the only ones that could've known that Strelitzia was a Union Leader at this current point in time? After the war, when she reunites with Ephemer, Skuld says herself that the identity of the Union Leaders is supposed to be a secret until the appointed time arrived that they meet at the Keyblade Graveyard. This is backed up with Ephemer's noticeable surprise seeing Skuld, and also meeting Ven for the first time there.

The Master of Masters himself decided on who would be the next five, and put Ava in charge of recruiting them, along with the Dandelions. Given those two facts, the only person that would know of the identities would be... Ava.

I was stating a Hypothetical. If Strelitzia was killed because she was the destined possessor of the BoP then Ava have no reason to kill her as Ava had already given it to Brain; and Stre would have no idea unless told by someone who did know. Unless there is even more to that situation that we don't know about. That was my basic argument

On the point of Ava being the only one to know who the 5 Dandyleaders are, it has been shown constantly that the Foretellers don't have everything as they would have planned. They are constantly found with their pants down about everything going on (especially about the whole "Guilt is the power of Darkness" thing), so I wouldn't be surprised if the information somehow leaked beforehand.

Well (this is just a possibility, but...), what if Ava already had someone in mind? Remember, she's choosing the Dandelions other than the Original Five. So if one gets knocked off, she can choose anyone and say, "Hey, you were chosen to be a Union Leader, so... congrats." There's no authority to challenge her on this. Notice how Strelitzia was killed in the dark, in the back of a house? Almost like she was assassinated? I think there's a reason for this. Sure, nobody wants to have their identity revealed when knocking someone off, but the whole situation is sketchy.

Also remember in all of this that's going on, she's looking for Player, because she wanted to save them from the impending doom that is the Keyblade War. I like to think that's a possible factor in all of this too. The person killed her and took her rulebook, which implies that was their goal. But going back to the original question, who would know the identities of the Union Leaders chosen by the Master of Masters? The only one I can think of would be... Ava.

Continuing off what I was saying above, she was going to find Player to convince them to join the Dandelions. Player at that point didn't want to join, so Strelitzia wanted to tell them everything in order to warn them. Remember, the identities of the Union Leaders are supposed to be a secret until AFTER the Keyblade War occurs. What do you think would happen if someone didn't follow the rules? Mayhem would occur, and possibly cause events that are irreversible. My guess is? The girl was killed because she was going to cause too much problems, and say something she shouldn't have.

...Ava knew that Player knew. Strelitzia going to tell him wouldn't have made any difference which ultimately is the sadly ironic thing about her death. This doesn't make sense as a motive for the murder because Ava had been the one to invite Player, Ephemer and Skuld into the Dandelions. The only way that would make sense is if Ava didn't know who Stre wanted to invite, but even then, as a Dandeleader part of her job was to recruit more Dandelions, so unless she had to tell that she was a leader (which I don't think she was going to as there would be no reason to mention that), I don't see a reason to kill her for that.

Well, this is the whole mystery they have to figure out right now. Naturally, how it's most likely gonna play out is that four of the five Union Leaders suspect the replacement is the killer because they weren't originally chosen and Strelitzia was. That's the logical conclusion. But, again, how would the replacement know about who were selected to be Union Leaders? It was supposed to be a secret. If the killer is the replacement, they would have to know information about who was chosen, where to meet, and know that they needed a rulebook. But if Ava is the killer, she can easily pass on the rulebook to another person just like she did for everyone else. It'd just be that one of the chosen is "illegitimate" due to not being chosen by the Master of Masters.

The replacement would know because presumably they were told after Stre died. Stre died right after the bell rung signifying the Keyblade War, and that means that they would have been given their book right before it as well, because we see her assassin take her book.

To be fair though, I thought about it a bit and realized that it was just that I've projected my knowledge of Stre being a Dandeleader onto the cast, as only Brain and Ephemer know now that she was supposed to be one of them. So only after one they gather everyone up can they spread that info. Darn it, it starting to look like Laurium is his sister's replacement. Its just a feeling but a bad one to be sure.

Also Crackpot theory time:

MoM said that in his time, Darkness took the shape of people, and it was a mess telling friend from foe, so what if one of our current cast is actually not just an unwilling vessel for darkness, but darkness is their true nature?

Kokoko253

Awards
My reasoning is that the conversation with Luxu (which happens after Strelitzia is given the book) changes something in Ava. She is compelled to change the future. Or rolling with SuperSaiyan's theory, Strelitzia is about to blab and needs to be silenced. Either theory works well.

As you pointed out, Darkness being from the future and traveling back is highly unlikely given the phrasing of things. Ava wants to get everyone out of the Data world which would change the future. Luxu states in the secret reports that a "certain lady of magic" can help them do that. That is why Ava needs Maleficent and would want to help her.

This is the video that turned me on to the idea. If you want some more reasoning to why Ava could be darkness, I'd check it out. All credit to the Secret Reports for creating it.

Killing Strelitzia to silence her is still a bit too much. Ava is a Foreteller, the easiest to talk to, even from other Unions, she is respected and loved. All she had to do was to ask Strelitzia to stay silent, or at worst just knock her out until the war starts. If she wanted to change the future by replacing Strelitzia, she could simply ask back the rulebook. Killing when you have easier methods at your disposal just doesn't add up, especially for kindhearted Ava.

The video brings up some intresting points, but I'm still not entirely sold. The "venture forth in secrecy" can simply mean her changing who gets the BoP. And still, Ava's goal would be to rewrite the future and help the Dandelions. Why kill one of them, why help Maleficient? Also I don't belive the book they found in the room from which they made the spirits is the BoP, just a random book.

As for the "certain lady of magic" I belive Luxu actually doesn't know about Darkness, and the information he refers to doesn't come from Maleficient, but Darkness (info on the ark, the thing that possibly takes Lauriam, Ven, Elrena and some to the future).

What I belive:
- Ava is innocent, other than giving Brain the BoP
- Darkness is not from the future
- Luxu isn't Darkness and/or the killer
- the killer is not the replacement
- the replacement is either Lauriam, or Ven/Skuld/Ephemer
- if it's Ven/Skuld/Ephemer, the killer was posing as Ava (I exclude Lauriam because I don't remember him ever mentioning Ava choosing them, like the others, and he might simply got the book from someone else, not knowing it's weird)

Guesses:
- Darkness is a Foreteller (due to calling MoM simply Master; taken from the video)
- Darkness is the killer
- since the replacement is innocent, the killer belives this change is enough to cause a big enough change in the future, even though the replacement doesn't know they are special

Wild guesses:
- Gula is Darkness/killer
- his goal is bringing MoM back by simply messing with the future, not caring about the kids
- Ven is the replacement

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Why Ava would converse with Maleficent and indirectly lead the Union Leaders to the outside world seems pretty obvious.

MoM was the one who told Ava to send the Dandelions to another world and avoid the war, but we know now that the world they fled to was actually a data world, acting as a "cage." Ephemer equates this to being a trap, and doesn't think Ava herself would have any reason to set up such a thing. Thus naturally, it points back to the machinations of the MoM.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we see MoM and Luxu in that same control room the Union Leaders discovered, during a flashback? In that scene, I recall the two were discussing a plan about "delaying" something, and the framing makes it pretty clear that it was probably the MoM himself that made the data worlds the Dandelions would later jump into. In other words, the one who set the trap could only have been the MoM, and Ava (trying to defy the Master's plan) would naturally be inclined to pull the Union Leaders out of the situation. Idk, that's just my deduction I guess.

ZeVaine

Awards
There are so many deliberate hints and possible red herrings, it's frustrating.

Whoever Darkness is, there is some unknown motivation for why sending Maleficent to the future with the Ark. Unless it's just to open the way for the Union leaders to ride that Ark, and Darkness wants them all to escape... I don't understand what use Maleficent has to Darkness to return in Kh2. Luxu playing the role of Darkness would be fitting, but also confusing... It's clear that Luxu has been using Maleficent in Kh3, and Xehanort used her before that - but it's so confusing and not-optimal at this point that it's confusing.

Another thing to think about, is how Darkness seems to be following the word of the Book of Prophecies. Or at least believes that it is accurate and regardless of changes... unless its just to convince Maleficent to do it, but it seems more on the side of being genuine than blatantly deceptive.

Things that are seem to be for sure:

1) The ark might be the method all of the dandelions use to escape the data realm... and end up in Sora's timeline. What's weird about the timing of this, is that Maleficent would've had to wait a pretty long time to become whole again, considering Marluxia and co. have time to become part of the Organization and are already long gone for the first time, a good deal of time before Maleficent even got returned to her form. Not an impossible scenario...just a bit odd. Though, I guess if the whole point was just to get Maleficent to grab all of the dandelions, they wouldn't care about restoring her to her former shape, and just wouldn't bother helping to remember her or anything (or, they probably wouldn't have been able to anyway).

I'm curious how this is going to play out.

2) Gula's goal was to summon Kingdom Hearts, thinking it would bring the MoM back. Any theory connecting Gula will depend on this premise. Gula is, in many ways, a parallel to Xehanort. He believes that he's the only one he cant trust, and that any basically actions are permitted, so long as his "role" or "mission" is carried out. They don't believe they are traitors or evil, even though it's clear that they ended up being as such. They both want to call Kingdom Hearts, albeit for different reasons.

3) Ava may be suspicious, but I don't understand her being evil. She is more self aware of the consequences of any action, and desperate to perserve peace and normality. She is loyal to the task that the MoM assigned her, and while she attacked Luxu and inadvertently started a Keyblade War... I don't see any meaningful connection besides "going in secrecy" that points to her being Darkness.

Normura really created a mess of a mystery: which is far more complicated than the actual mystery the foretellers themselves had to deal with.

Back