• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: The ark to the future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Japan has updated with 5 new main quests (No.916~920).

Watch the scenes now with English subs, translations by goldpanner!

(Vaneloppe pushes her cart to the race track despite continuing to glitch out.)

Vaneloppe: That's weird. This is usually when the qualifier race begins.

???: Hello my loyal subjects!

(Suddenly, she spots King Candy and Sour Bill run onto the track, glancing behind in a panic.)

King Candy: Are they still there?

Sour Bill: Most likely.

King Candy: Dear me, how terrible. Who do they think they are, sneaking into my kingdom like that…

Sour Bill: Someone even more dangerous has appeared.

(He gestures to Vaneloppe off in the distance. King Candy angrily approaches her.)

King Candy: Vanellope! I knew it. You're the one behind all this commotion!

Vaneloppe: What? I have no idea what you're talking about! Besides, isn't the race more important? It's time for preliminaries.

(As the two continue to argue, Sour Bill checks back behind him. He tries to get their attention.)

Sour Bill: They're here!

(Everyone looks over to see a hoard of Heartless coming their way.)

King Candy: This is no time for racing!

(He and Sour Bill run away.)

Vaneloppe: Hey, wait! What’s going on?

(Player runs forward to face the Heartless.)

Vaneloppe: He's got a point. There’s no way we can race with these things around.

(She turns to Player.)

Vaneloppe: I'll leave it to you!

(Vaneloppe runs away.)

(As Player continues to dispatch the Heartless, Vaneloppe sneaks by with Ralph's medal in hand.

Vaneloppe: Now's my chance!

(She kisses the medal and tosses it into the registration cup, locking in her spot in the race.)

Announcer: Vanellope Von Schweetz!

Vaneloppe: Yippee! I'm in the race!

King Candy: I can't believe this!

(Unfortunately, Heartless start to approach Vaneloppe. Player is too preoccupied to protect her, so she starts running off in the other direction, when suddenly she hears a voice call to her.)

???: YOU! Give me back my medal right now.

(She realizes the source of the voice, a horriific green monster who is undoubtedly Ralph, has found her.) 

Vaneloppe: Oh boy.

(Ralph chases her through the hoard of Heartless, mowing them all down in the process. King Candy watches, baffled by what's happening.)

King Candy: What is that!?

(Just when it seems Ralph has got Vaneloppe in his grasp, Player leaps in to protect her.)

Vaneloppe: Thanks for the help!

(She runs back to her cart and looks up at the board, esctatic to see herself on the roster.)

Vaneloppe: I finally get to join in! Yaaay!

(She pedals away in her cart. Ralph watches her leave, stunned. He attacks Player who continues to obstruct him.)

Ralph: Get out of my way!

(Player clashes with Ralph, when suddenly a giant cupcake falls from the sky, trapping Ralph within. He loses his balance and is left lying on the ground, watching helplessly. King Candy hastens towards Player.)

King Candy: My goodness, thank you for helping us deal with those weirdos…

(Player corrects him.)

King Candy: Oh, so they're called Heartless…

(He smiles mischieviously and then approaches Ralph.)

King Candy: And to think, monsters like this would show up as well…

(He turns to Player. )

King Candy: Things got pretty dicey for a moment, but thanks to you, we made it out relatively unscathed. And it looks like we’ll still have our race before the arcade opens. Thank you so very much.

Now, time to get some answers. If you’ll excuse me.

(King Candy steps aside with Sour Bill and whispers to him.)

King Candy: Sour Bill, that glitch cannot be allowed to race. Seize her and bring her to me!

Sour Bill: But, we don't know where she went.

(He realizes something.)

Sour Bill: Vaneloppe appeared at the same time as those creatures. Perhaps she knows something.

King Candy: Why didn't you say that sooner!

(They return to speak with Player.)

King Candy: Do you know Vaneloppe?

(Player explains.)

King Candy: I see, so you’ve only just met…

As you could probably tell, she’s a bit of a troublemaker in this game.

I was trying to take her in.

I’d like to go after her as soon as possible, but we’ve got to prepare for the race.

Could you go find Vaneloppe? Seeing as how you were able to defeat those monsters, I’m sure it’d be a piece of cake.

(Player agrees.)

King Candy: I see, I see. Thank you. I'll leave it in your capable hands.

(He begins to walk away.)

Sour Bill: Are you sure about this? Seems like they’re from a different game…

King Candy: I don't care. I'll use any tool at my disposal. Doesn't matter what...

(King Candy makes his leave. Sour Bill follows as he rolls Ralph away, still trapped in the cupcake.)

Chirithy: Jeez, are you being soft again? Need I remind you, your mission is to follow Ralph, the guy who might be causing the glitches.

Wait. Speaking of Ralph, that green monster we just saw looked kinda like him, don’t you think??

(Player realizes.)

(Meanwhile, back at the Foreteller's room, Brain reads the note Ava left for him.)

Brain: I knew it…

(He puts the note down.)

Brain: Chirithy.

(Brain summons his Chirithy. Clad in a cute little hat just like Brain's, with a matching pouch and cape; it's clear who he belongs to.)

Chirithy: It's been a long time, hasn't it?

Brain: Yes it has. But you've been close by this whole time, haven't you?

Chirithy: I suppose I have. 

Brain: This is sudden, but I have a request.

Chirithy: Wooow. Just when I think you’ve finally called for me, you’re asking me to run errands? You're such a pain.

(Maleficent and Darkness continue making their way through Daybreak Town.)

Maleficent: I haven't been able to sense anyone recently. Is this place inside "day-tah" as well?

Darkness: It is. Our goal is that tower up ahead.

Maleficent: Is that where I’ll find a way to return to my original time?

Darkness: From that tower, you will be able to return to the real world. Once there, you must locate the ark hidden deep within the tower’s real-world counterpart.

Maleficent: The ark?

Darkness: The ark was originally built to be used to escape into the Ocean Between. However, it was abandoned mid-construction and left incomplete.

Maleficent: Incomplete? If that's the case, it may as well be an ordinary box!

Darkness: But you see, that’s precisely why you need it.

The ark’s destination will not be the Ocean Between, but the future worlds. And because it's incomplete, your body isn't going to be able to withstand the speed needed to make the trip.

In other words, if you ride it, your flesh will be stripped away, and your heart will be the only thing that remains on the ark.

Only as a heart can you travel at the speed of light and break the time barrier.

Maleficent: Only a heart!? Then what will become of my body?

If I lose my physical self, then when I return to my original time, wouldn’t I just be a ghost?

Darkness: At your destination in the future, there will be an intermediary that can reconstruct your flesh, as well as people who remember you. So long as they both exist, your heart will reform your body, and it should return to that vessel.

Maleficent: That's easier said than done. How can you be so certain?

Can you guarantee that an intermediary who will reconstruct my flesh, and people who remember me, will exist in the future?

Darkness: I can. Because according to the Book of Prophecies, you exist in the future.

Maleficent: ?!

You mean to say you know what's in the Book of Prophecies?

Darkness: Well, not everything.

(Ephemer meets Brain on the hill overlooking Daybreak Town.)

Ephemer: It's unlike you to call me all the way out here.

Brain: There was something I wanted to discuss, just the two of us.

Ephemer: That’s even more unlike you.

Brain: It was here, on this hill, that Lady Ava told me I would be a Union Leader.

Ephemer: Really? This is where she told me, too.

Brain: Even for a Foreteller, Lady Ava really was a strange one, wasn't she. How do I put it……

Ephemer: She was easy to talk to.

Brain: Absolutely.

(The two gaze out over Daybreak Town.)

Brain: Actually, there's something I have to tell you, Ephemer.

Ephemer: What is it?

Brain: Apparently, among the five Union Leaders, only one was to be entrusted with a copy of the Book of Prophecies.

Ephemer: The Book of Prophecies?

Brain: Yeah. That way, even when the Foretellers were gone, we would be able to create other worlds and continue gathering light.

Ephemer: But weren’t the worlds converted to data in advance?

(Brain takes out the Book of Prophecies.)

Brain: That’s right. So this was kind of like insurance for the worst case scenario. Something akin to the master data, in case any issues arise within the data itself.

In the end, we made it this far without using it at all.

Ephemer: Wait, are you saying you have the Book of Prophecies?

(Brain opens the Book and shows Ephemer the note that was hidden inside.) 

Ephemer:!!

Brain: This note was inside the Book. It contains the names of five people who would be appointed Union Leaders, and the leader who was to receive the Book of Prophecies has been marked.

(He gives it to Ephemer.)

Ephemer: This is…

Brain: Yes. I am not the one who was originally meant to receive the Book of Prophecies. But that's not the only change. Even the leaders themselves are different.

Strelitzia, Lauriam's little sister, was supposed to be a Union Leader.

Ephemer: Oh no……

Brain: And, the one who changed which leader would receive the Book of Prophecies was Lady Ava.

Ephemer: But why?

Brain: By changing which leader received the Book, she took a gamble on the possibility of rewriting a future that had already been decided.

It was Lady Ava's one act of resistance against destiny. That's the message I’ve received from her.

However, I don't think the change in Union Leaders was Lady Ava's doing.

Ephemer: I see…...

Brain: That's why I wanted to ask you directly...

…about the person who wasn't originally meant to be a leader.

Ephemer: ……

(Ven and Skuld wander the streets of Daybreak Town.)

Skuld: It's gotten colder, hasn't it?

Ven: Yeah. It feels like it's going to snow.

Skuld: Aww… I don't do well in the cold.

Ven: Really? I don't hate it.

Skuld: Oh.

(Suddenly, it starts to snow.)

Ven: So it can snow in the data world.

Skuld: Yeah...

Do you think it’s snowing in the real Daybreak Town too?

Ven:  Maybe...

I wonder where everyone went?

Skuld: I think Brain, and probably Ephemer, are looking for a way to return to our original world. And Lauriam must be searching for clues about his sister?

Ven: Oh yeah……

What should we do?

Skuld: Hm…… 

Ven: For the time being, do you wanna build a snowman?

Skuld: Sure. You know, recently I feel like I’ve forgotten how to have fun.

Ven: Do you think the others can see this too?

Skuld: I’m sure they can.

Brain's Chirithy: There you are! I’ve been looking all over the tower for you.

Ven & Skuld:

Brain's ChirithyI’d like you to come with me for a second.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Alright everyone, place your bets

Five bucks on Skuld

yuyayuzu

Awards
okay, Ven maybe. because nomura want to retcon the reason why Vanitas exists. Well hopefully not though, I think if Ven killed because of Vanitas is actually too predictable and boring. The theory of Gula being Ven's brother is actually interesting and more fun but I think it won't happen,will it?

I rewatched the last part and wonder if chirithy is asking Skuld only to come (since he faces towards her at the end ) or calling both of them.

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards

Five bucks on Skuld
If Brain is asking Ephemera about the replacement Union Leader, I'm guessing it must be someone he knows well enought, right? So yeah, Skuld is probably my first pick. After that would probably be Ven, but there's not as much grounding with him admittedly. At the very least, it seems Darkness definitely isn't one of the new Union Leaders (though Lauriam is unaccounted for in this sequence).

Edit: The phrasing also seems to imply the one was originally meant to get the Book of Prophecies, wasn't necessarily the "replacement" themselves. So I'm curious who the MoM originally intended to give the BoP to.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
Looks like we'll have some answers soon, at last!
I don't know who I want to be the murderous replacement. If it was Skuld I wonder if that will have something to do with Subject X losing her memories. If it was Ven I'll feel betrayed but it would be an interesting plot twist. There's the possibility Lauriam was playing dumb all along and killed his own sister, but as cruel as Marluxia was in CoM I don't think he would do that, specially if Nameless Star is Strelitzia.
What if Ephemer is the imposter and that's why Brain called him first? To ask for an explanation and make sure he won't run away before exposing him to the others.
I bet on Skuld too.

Any

Awards
I think it’s Ven lmao. I wanna say more about it especially what Ephemer said about Ven in KHUx novel and I had a “that’s-so-Raven” vision moment when Brain asked Ephemer about the fake union leader. But you know how Nomura is. He can change it and it could be a red herring.

Brain’s chirithy is wearing a fedora!!!!!! So cute.

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
I think it’s Ven lmao. I wanna say more about it especially what Ephemer said about Ven in KHUx novel and I had a “that’s-so-Raven” vision moment when Brain asked Ephemer about the fake union leader. But you know how Nomura is. He can change it and it could be a red herring.

Brain’s chirithy is wearing a fedora!!!!!! So cute.
What did Ephemer say about Ven? I haven't read the novel, but you have spurred my curiosity now.

Any

Awards
What did Ephemer say about Ven? I haven't read the novel, but you have spurred my curiosity now.

To start off, the members were already suspicious of Ventus.

Eph mentioned that he had known all the others before they were chosen except for Ventus. He didn’t understand why Ventus was there because he never seen his face or heard of his name. Despite that, Eph was curious about Ventus. I’m pretty sure I’m forgetting something else but that’s all.

But I think it’s a red herring.

He's also got little booties 😭

Right! His black pouch. His chirithy is adorable.

Reminder, And if Ventus is the fake union leader, that doesn’t mean he killed Strelitzia lol. He’s 12.....I doubt he’s capable of hurting anyone. He was probably setup.

Eonstar890

Awards
Ooo I’m starting to feel like my theory on it being Ephemer may be correct... after all why would Brain want to talk to him specifically about the imposter?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Subtitled vids are up!

darknessofheart

Awards
Wasn't there a scene with Ava choosing Ephermer as union leader? If so, that would pretty much eliminate him as the imposter.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I'm rathet curious who the false leader is. That said i don't think finding out who the false leader is, will tell us who the killer is.

My bet is also on Skuld. To my colorblind eyes her eyes always looked yellow-ish, which made her a bit suspicious. Though I've liked her in the game and kinda hoped she'd not be evil.

Ooo I’m starting to feel like my theory on it being Ephemer may be correct... after all why would Brain want to talk to him specifically about the imposter?
He could have been the original leader meant to get the book.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Five bucks on Skuld
Was mulling it over for a while, and I am starting to think Ven is a red herring.

Been thinking about what will happen in the main series going forward and how things will connect with each other, we figure Lauriam will be searching for his sister's killer, and Lea an' Isa will be searching for Subject X, who we assume to be Skuld. I'm starting to believe the killer and Subject X are one and the same.

Violet Pluto

Awards
While my Most obvious pick would be Ven, Lauriam is technically a suspect because we don't see him in these scenes (even though that doesn't make any sense as we see his inner thoughts here
where he has no reason to lie to himself), but it does absolve at least Brain from being the killer of Strelitzia at least as long as this is an actual mystery and not a bad one. So currently my list of suspects in order of most to least likely is:
Ventus
Skuld
Ava
Someone Else (This would most probably be a cop-out.)
Brain, Ephemer, Lauriam
Brain, Ephemer, and Lauriam are all on the most unlikely as all have no obvious motive or we have seen their thoughts that point to them not being the killer. For Brain it is the fact that not only is he the detective of this story here but he also was chosen as one of the five. Ephemer we know was chosen in the beginning while we have no real evidence that Skuld was ever chosen as a leader. I have already stated that Lauriam has inner thoughts that point away from him being the killer which if he were to be the real one wouldn't make sense unless it's some darkness-split-personality mess and the only person that trope really fits is Ventus.

Also while the motive could be something other than replacing Strelitzia, it is obvious that she needed to go in order for the plan to go forwards, so the killer is most likely the one who killed Strelitzia and took her place or Ava who could replace one of the five without that one knowing that they were not originally chosen.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The team voted for Ephemer as their leader. It makes sense that Brain would want to get his input, especially for important matters like this.

Noivern

Awards
I love how when all of this started everyone was so sure if would be Lauriam and now no one is even considering him, lol. I will die on the hill that it was Ventus as I predicted so long ago.

However, I don't think he was the killer, just the replacement leader. Something along the lines of Ava wanted to break the cycle and chose a innocent chield but that was the undoing as it ended up with causing a chain reaction in the future as the scarred Ven was picked as Xehanorts apprentice.

It's also interesting to note that Ben's role was a proxy that shouldn't be there kept repeating: he was inserted in Land of Departure, then inserted himself into Sora's heart.

His other half was the main threat of BBS (Xehanort ended up the key villain, yeah, but if it wasn't for the Unversed and Vanitas I don't think he would have gotten so far in his plan), Vanitas being in Sora's heart deeply impacted the creation of his nobody (and I firmly believe it's the reason Roxas didn't have memories of being Sora).

His role in the franchise as a whole so far has always been of a proxy, and we never find out even once what how far did his memory go. Was he also found as an amnesiac by Xehanort like Subject X was? Did he regain all of his memories after being completed again as he seems to remember his charity?

I think it's also a possibility that time travel was involved with the assassin being Luxu (or more precisely, Xigbar) making sure everything would move as intended.

Back