• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: The ark to the future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Made a slight tweak: "an intermediary who can...." changed to "an intermediary that serves to".

Since it's unclear if it's a person or an object.

Any

Awards
Reaching but

Didn’t the original union leaders (the foretellers) have 3 boys and 2 girls.

The new union leaders (the dandelions) have 1 girl and 4 boys.

Shouldn’t that be a clue, at least?

Katsu Imagitian

So, are we all just not going to talk about the light speed time machine that rips people's flesh off?
Like, Jesus. Ain't that a bit dark for this series?
I think they're talking about some special type of Gummi Ship and if you consider light speed and threshold barriers that makes sense for Kingdom Hearts terms.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Made a slight tweak: "an intermediary who can...." changed to "an intermediary that serves to".

Since it's unclear if it's a person or an object.
Since Maleficent reformed in her robes, I think it's safe to say it's an object.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
So is it safe to assume we'll get the next update in a month when Re:Mind drops? Seems we reached the season finale.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So is it safe to assume we'll get the next update in a month when Re:Mind drops? Seems we reached the season finale.

Typically the story updates drop on Thursdays, with this month being the exception because of Christmas. Since Re Mind is scheduled for release on January 23rd, I'm pretty confident the last of Nomura's four updates will drop on that day as well.

okhi12

Awards
His other half was the main threat of BBS (Xehanort ended up the key villain, yeah, but if it wasn't for the Unversed and Vanitas I don't think he would have gotten so far in his plan), Vanitas being in Sora's heart deeply impacted the creation of his nobody (and I firmly believe it's the reason Roxas didn't have memories of being Sora).
The reason Roxas didn't have Sora's memories is because Sora was a heartless for a very brief time and his memories didn't have time to migrate into Roxas. It is explained somewhere in the games or interviews, I don't remember. But there could be an additional reason.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Ahahahaha. Player's from a different game. LOL

I'm really starting to think Vaneloppe's one of the Seven Pure lights now, since we don't know who three of them are yet and we all know this KHUX stuff is tying into the next saga. Plus, it may explain why Player's being so protective of her here--despite what Chirithy wants, in wanting them to watch Ralph instead--since they've been so protective of all the other Princesses of Heart. Maybe Player senses the light in her that will make her one of the New Seven Lights someday.

So, I was right about Ava being the traitor (I mean, I think most of us were) and also being partly responsible for the Strelitzia thing. It sounds like she wasn't her killer, though, and they're implying that it was Ventus or Skuld? And it was probably Ventus, because of the whole Vanitas thing. I know people have thought that for a long time--and I get why--but I was hoping it wasn't true, because... if I'm being honest, as much as I love Nomura, I don't know if he has the finesse to pull this off. Because in KHIV, or whatever, where all of this will probably get brought up and dealt with... putting all of the blame on Vanitas and none on Ventus seems a bit unfair to me, since they weren't split here. But at the same time, if Ven does get some rightful blame for it next saga, it's going to ruin a fan-favorite character and kind of make him unsalvageable... so all of this is why I hoped they wouldn't go this route, personally, but it looks like they are. Since I really doubt it's Skuld, and I'd need a ton of hard and concrete evidence to prove to me that it was: something they probably don't have time to do at this point, and thus are going with the easy answer of Ven.

I also really think the theory about Ava being Darkness is true. Yeah...

And at first, I wasn't sure I liked them trying to explain how Maleficent came back in KHII. But I think I'm okay with it now, and that it's working pretty well.

But... I'm confused, did we just get told what the black box is? Or partly? Some sort of ark that was supposed to take people to future worlds? I'm not sure if the ark and black box are the same thing. Probably not? Since Luxu already took the black box away at this point, so it shouldn't be around for Maleficent to use at all? But the fact she called the ark a "box" at one point threw me off. But it's probably just a coincidence and I shouldn't read too much into it. Right?

Edit: Also, Brain's Chirithy is so cute!

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Alright everyone, place your bets

Five bucks on Skuld

Five bucks on Ven.

Him wielding the Missing Ache seems symbolic to me, and I think that symbolism has to do with the ache of Strelizia's death.

....buuuutttt, Skuld's name is derived from the Norse god of the same name who "decides the fate of people", and eliminating Strelitzia is an act of deciding someones fate.

It's really a coin toss between either two. 🤔

Zahnpaste

I have a theory: I think that multiple people (Ven? Lauriam? Larxene? Elrena?) will also board the arch and so somehow arrive to Sora's timeline.

Nevertheless, the imagination that Maleficent's flesh gets stripped off is super funny and horrific

Noivern

Awards
Ehh, the whole flesh ripping off thing doesn't seem literal. It reads to me the same way as Terranorth discarding his body on purpose to get closer to the darkness as a Heartless.

The reason Roxas didn't have Sora's memories is because Sora was a heartless for a very brief time and his memories didn't have time to migrate into Roxas. It is explained somewhere in the games or interviews, I don't remember. But there could be an additional reason.
Ehh, that doesn't make much sense to me but it's believable enough, I suppose.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Was mulling it over for a while, and I am starting to think Ven is a red herring.

Been thinking about what will happen in the main series going forward and how things will connect with each other, we figure Lauriam will be searching for his sister's killer, and Lea an' Isa will be searching for Subject X, who we assume to be Skuld. I'm starting to believe the killer and Subject X are one and the same.

I would love for Subject X/Skuld to be a villain/anti hero of sorts working against the Foretellers, also portrayed as villains. Once she regains her memories, she could start building her own faction, likely recruiting Isa, Lea, and possibly even Roxas and Xion. The rest of the Guardians would be caught in the middle or forced to choose a side, culminating in the next Keyblade War/Kingdom Hearts: Civil War. Lol

Eonstar890

Awards
The team voted for Ephemer as their leader. It makes sense that Brain would want to get his input, especially for important matters like this.

After looking over the new cut scenes again, I actually do feel like it might be Skuld who was not supposed to be a Union Leader. Brain wanted to talk to Ephemer specifically about the person who replaced Strelitzia and we know that Skuld and Ephemer were friends before all of this so that might be way he wanted to talk to him alone as he may have the most insight on her character and motives.

I feel that Brain wouldn't want to accuse Skuld of treachery so that is why he is trying to get a better picture of the situation first with Ephemer. For some reason he is confident that Ava didn't orchestrate the switch up of leaders, only of the book. That is mainly why I am starting to feel that Skuld is more likely than Ephemer. Although none of her actions (or Vens) show any clear motive as to why they would infiltrate the leaders. As most have stated they haven't had a very active role in decisions made thus far. So if not Ava, then who would stand to gain from replacing Strelitzia with Skuld? or Ventus for that matter?

KeybladeOrder

Awards
But... I'm confused, did we just get told what the black box is? Or partly? Some sort of ark that was supposed to take people to future worlds? I'm not sure if the ark and black box are the same thing. Probably not? Since Luxu already took the black box away at this point, so it shouldn't be around for Maleficent to use at all? But the fact she called the ark a "box" at one point threw me off. But it's probably just a coincidence and I shouldn't read too much into it. Right?

The impression I'm getting is that perhaps the ark is something similar to the Black Box but isn't the actual thing, like an early-concept prototype that was abandoned after the Black Box was created, or perhaps a second box that was never finished.

DarknessInZero

Man there’s so many conflicting clues Nomura gives out.

Luxu calls the impostor the virus so when Brain called himself that, everyone assumed that was it. And then that’s wrong. The secret reports were intentionally misleading here.

I feel like the snowman scene was intentionally placed after the Brain and Ephemer scene to show the guilty party. So it’s either Skuld or Ven. Evidence points to Ven, but since it’s a recurring theme that “evidence” from prior events aren’t necessarily facts, wouldn’t be surprised if Skuld was guilty.

As much as I love that theory, darkness saying they haven’t read the entire book kind of ruins that theory. I still think Ava makes the most sense but it’s probably not at this point.

Last edited:

Eonstar890

Awards
Man there’s so many conflicting clues Nomura gives out.

Luxu calls the impostor the virus so when Brain called himself that, everyone assumed that was it. And then that’s wrong. The secret reports were intentionally misleading here.

I feel like the snowman scene was intentionally placed after the Brain and Ephemer scene to show the guilty party. So it’s either Skuld or Ven. Evidence points to Ven, but since it’s a recurring theme that “evidence” from prior events aren’t necessarily facts, wouldn’t be surprised if Skuld was guilty.

As much as I love that theory, darkness saying they haven’t read the entire book kind of ruins that theory. I still think Ava makes the most sense but it’s probably not at this point.

Actually it may be just be proof that she is darkness. Remember how there was the lost page? To me the fact that darkness has read portions of book but not the “entire” thing makes me believe that darkness must be one of the Foretellers excluding Gula.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I’m starting to think that the Black Box doesn’t have the Book of Prophecies, nor Space Colony Ark (lol).

- It can’t have the Book because Brain already has it and, at this point in time, Luxu hid it.

- It can’t be the Ark because Maleficent has already used the Ark to travel to the future.

Sooo... what’s in the Box? Why do the Norts say that it contains hope? Is it the prototype of the BoP? A second volume? Does the BoP in the Box contain the future of another Worldline?

Iunno. Something tells me that Nomura will pull an Occam’s Razor and give us a simple explanation for the Box: the MoM, Sora and Yozora all get out of the Box in a room with Luxigbar and the Foretellers and congratulates them for being chosen as the MoM’s ensamble or Worldline Rangers to save the Worldlines from an impending doom.

Also, Darkness talks too much and his name is too basic to be one of the MoM’s creations. I’m starting to think it’s Ava disguised, creating a force of her own to try and fight the MoM’s pre-selected destiny shenanigans.

Kokoko253

Awards
What if the killer is Gula, who used the same illusion powers Ava used to make himself look like Ventus? Strelitzia was killed in Gula's building after all. He took the book, and choose the likeness of a relatively lesser known wielder to fit in.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What if the killer is Gula, who used the same illusion powers Ava used to make himself look like Ventus? Strelitzia was killed in Gula's building after all. He took the book, and choose the likeness of a relatively lesser known wielder to fit in.

Out of curiosity, what's the basis for this?

Last edited:

DarknessInZero

Actually it may be just be proof that she is darkness. Remember how there was the lost page? To me the fact that darkness has read portions of book but not the “entire” thing makes me believe that darkness must be one of the Foretellers excluding Gula.

Hm that’s the sort of technicality that Nomura goes for so I’ll stand corrected here lol. Still plausible then

Back