• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: The ark to the future

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ZeVaine

Awards
I'm seen some very interesting theories as of late regarding the black box with the latest union cross updates, and all so good that I'm not sure which one to follow.

One theory - that the black box itself is the ark. I believe this theory belongs to PodCast Now.
One theory - the black box itself is the intermediary object that is mentioned by darkness. Maybe it holds the souls or hearts of the foretellers? The box itself was buried in the keyblade graveyard. Reason foretellers are back is because Luxu is the one to remember them. So maybe they used the ark? I think this was a theory of GamersJoint on youtube. This is one I really want to believe the most. It would explain why the box looks so dirty in the scene.

I think it could be the the case that Luxu's memories brought them back... Though it's a bit confusing. You can't just bring ANYBODY back by just remembering them, right? We know that with the whole Ark concept, that peoples hearts can be sent to a certain time and location, though their bodies fade away... And if someone is around at this destination to help people remember you, somehow, your body can then be restored.

Were the hearts of the Foretellers just lying around in the Keyblade Graveyard, waiting for someone to remember them? Could be. Seems weird though. Maybe Luxu collected their hearts in the Black Box after the original keyblade war, and the box is essentially just a vessel to store hearts which can then be used restore them when necessary?

Ava must still either exist somehow, or had her heart released somewhere else, and that's why she doesn't return when Luxu remembers her.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
One theory - that the black box itself is the ark. I believe this theory belongs to PodCast Now.

Claiming theories is weird to me especially since this one is hardly original. That the black box is the ark was probably the first thought most people had when they saw Maleficent refer to the incomplete ark as nothing but a box.

One theory - the black box itself is the intermediary object that is mentioned by darkness. Maybe it holds the souls or hearts of the foretellers? The box itself was buried in the keyblade graveyard. Reason foretellers are back is because Luxu is the one to remember them. So maybe they used the ark? I think this was a theory of GamersJoint on youtube. This is one I really want to believe the most. It would explain why the box looks so dirty in the scene.

I think it's within the realm of possibility that the Foretellers returned because Luxu remembered them, but the rest of this theory is kind of all over the place.

Zetsumei

Awards
I can see the black box being the "intermediary" object, required for the ark to function, but I don't think the box is the ark itself.

I kind of have a feeling that the ark is actually like a precursor or prototype to the gummi ship, as it was mentioned to be originally designed to reach "the ocean between" which is what the gummi ship is also used for. My instincts are telling me that this is going to be used as a set up for the gummi ship becoming a time machine in future games.

I seem to recall there being a mission in Ux where Mickey, Donald, and Goofy crash land the gummi ship in Daybreak town and you have to help them find the pieces to rebuild it. This was probably the first time they experimented with using the gummi ship as a time machine at some point in the future.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I can see the black box being the "intermediary" object, required for the ark to function, but I don't think the box is the ark itself.

I kind of have a feeling that the ark is actually like a precursor or prototype to the gummi ship, as it was mentioned to be originally designed to reach "the ocean between" which is what the gummi ship is also used for. My instincts are telling me that this is going to be used as a set up for the gummi ship becoming a time machine in future games.

I seem to recall there being a mission in Ux where Mickey, Donald, and Goofy crash land the gummi ship in Daybreak town and you have to help them find the pieces to rebuild it. This was probably the first time they experimented with using the gummi ship as a time machine at some point in the future.
I will LAUGH if the reason Ventus, Lauriam and Arlene all forgot about their pasts is because they crash landed into present day KH a la SDG back in Deep Jungle LOL

Back