• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Shift Pride & Meeting ??????

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
If Lauriam is the brother and not the killer as it seems to be the case, Spectre makes even more sense (would it have been the other way around it would've made as much sense as Sephiroth fighting with an Aerith avatar above him).
The people calling out him as being not the killer and a friend/relative way back when must be on the highest note right now.

Regarding Ven... it does seem like Nomura hasn't given up trying to make Ventus stand out more (which kinda took a blow when it was revealed the first X-Blade was the "wrong" method), so we'll see.
There's much to be rewritten if it turns out Marluxia and Larxene were after him though. Nothing in CoM hints at that and "they were really good at lying" can only go so far.

But we never saw her interact with anyone in her early appearance? she mention that she had met many wielders, but not one that made her feel as comfortable as (player)
Of course they could just tweak on the story after 1 whole year of filler and add in a random BF.
Since it doesn't matter anyway, when they're making everything up as they go along.

Kinda silly though, that everyone on Twitter are now confused with this sister aspect. Connecting to Lauriam .. (cough) .. Marluxia.

She's probably resembling the shut-in sister archetype, with an older sibling caring for her.
The thing about the Player does interest me, I hope at some point we (as in the Player) will ditch the Shmucks gang and be once again part of the main story.

okhi12

Awards
Why do some of you think there is a connection between Marluxia's specter and Strelitzia? Even if Strelitzia is Lauriam's sister and not Elrena's, the only similarity I see with the specter is that it looks like a female nobody, but it doesn't bear a heavy physical resemblance to Strelitzia. Not that I am against that theory, but it is a bit far-fetched with the scarce info we have right now. To me, the specter is just a random cool design reminiscent of FF7 Jenova.

Xagzan

Awards
Aw man, and here all these years I thought it'd be Arlene haha.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Reading the whole translated video (thanks!), even the talk between the Leaders is kinda interesting:

- The data animations in PvP turned out to be an actual clue, nice
- "Shift Pride" is an actual proper noun? Well, obviously "Pride" is a dead giveaway to anyone who's keeping track of the MoM and the cardinal sins.
- I swear, Brain could push any other Leader in a dark alley, pull out a bloody knife and say "I will kill you in your sleep" and they would still laugh it off "Ohhh, Brain, you never change!"
Seriously, he's so blatantly suspicious and with a morally grey mindset.
- So, is Lauriam meeting Elrena, or a data version of Elrena? It's not clear, but I gotta assume she's the real one since Daybreak Town *shouldn't* be made of data.
If so, are Dandelions free from the Unchained loop and are just hanging around in DT or did Lauriam insert himself in the supposed sleep?
Man.

Why do some of you think there is a connection between Marluxia's specter and Strelitzia? Even if Strelitzia is Lauriam's sister and not Elrena's, the only similarity I see with the specter is that it looks like a female nobody, but it doesn't bear a heavy physical resemblance to Strelitzia. Not that I am against that theory, but it is a bit far-fetched with the scarce info we have right now. To me, the specter is just a random cool design reminiscent of FF7 Jenova.

Nah, I think it bears a striking resemblance instead.
The "head" of Specter looks like Strelitzia's hair, especially with how it covers the forehead. The "tentacles" look like her bangs and ponytails, with the "spikes" resembling her ribbons.
And there's a handful of flower and dress similarities other people have brought up.

Really, at the beginning I only gave a soft "maybe" on the theory, but after replaying ReCoM I found the whole thing uncanny.
I'd be very surprised if it turns out to be false.

UltimaXOmega

I think think the box contains the book the UX world is in. The only way to open the box is with the X-Blade and Ventus was sent out somehow and lost his memories. The others came out when the X-Blade was created in BBS. The Master of Masters knew what was going to happen and made the UX world as a virtual library to be preserved to only those who have seen the Keyblade War and survived.

Awards
I think this is the first time in the main story that a familial connection is going to be used, whereas it was always about friendship before.

okhi12

Awards
Nah, I think it bears a striking resemblance instead.
The "head" of Specter looks like Strelitzia's hair, especially with how it covers the forehead. The "tentacles" look like her bangs and ponytails, with the "spikes" resembling her ribbons.
And there's a handful of flower and dress similarities other people have brought up.

Really, at the beginning I only gave a soft "maybe" on the theory, but after replaying ReCoM I found the whole thing uncanny.
I'd be very surprised if it turns out to be false.

I've compared them after reading your response and now I see what you mean. Interesting.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
I think this is the first time in the main story that a familial connection is going to be used, whereas it was always about friendship before.

Terra , after Xehanort kills Eraqus:

"Xehanort... You make me kill my master-no, my father.."

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

This definitely makes me think familial bonds, even if non-traditional, will play some role in KH3, like Sora and Roxas being like brothers, Kairi and Namine like sisters, Ansem and Ienzo as father and son, etc.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Now I wonder if the hooded person from the KHUX artwork next to Lauriam is Elrena (btw personally I liked Elenar more, but meh)

I think it is her. The hair parting matches, and the flower she holds is symbolic of her, and she is opposite Lauriam.

If that is the case, looks like we have Organization XIII Member Number XI Lauriam/Marluxia, Organization XIII Member Number XII Larxene/Elrena, and Organization XIII Member Number XIII Roxas/Ventus together in the artwork (I know Roxas is Sora's nobody and not Ventus, but Ventus' seemed to have been in contact with nearly every Organization XIII member before they became a Nobody so far).

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is awesome! Finally, we have Larxene's true name!

Also, this changes my perspective of things—for Brian (Brain), not just Lauriam. Something about Brian's personality...it's kind of an unnerving casualness that is very undertone of other things. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Lauriam was late to the Union Cross meeting because he was looking for Strelitzia, not because he killed her. I wonder, were all Dandelions aware of who all was a part of their group? They did meet with Ava as a whole after all.

Maybe Lauriam knew she was a Dandelion, but not a Union Leader of the Dandelions? And if so, maybe Lauriam was meant to be a Union Leader all along, and someone else had committed the act of Strelitzia's death. I think Brian's personality is suspicious, but now Elrena's presence is taking us all around the hooper. Definitely just throwing ideas out, but with all the misdirection, I'm just excited to see what becomes. I don't believe KH3 will resolve most of this, but there'll definitely be more light shone on it all.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
If Lauriam is the brother and not the killer as it seems to be the case, Spectre makes even more sense (would it have been the other way around it would've made as much sense as Sephiroth fighting with an Aerith avatar above him).
The people calling out him as being not the killer and a friend/relative way back when must be on the highest note right now.

Regarding Ven... it does seem like Nomura hasn't given up trying to make Ventus stand out more (which kinda took a blow when it was revealed the first X-Blade was the "wrong" method), so we'll see.
There's much to be rewritten if it turns out Marluxia and Larxene were after him though. Nothing in CoM hints at that and "they were really good at lying" can only go so far.

Oh boy, I totally am.

Marluxia is dropping Char and Precia at once, this is really interesting.

Also idk if dates is significant but 23 November is good older BROTHER day in Japan.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I'm in tears from laughing so hard. I wrote fanfic a few years ago where Marluxia and Larxene's somebodies were Dandelions, and now that we're less than two months from KH3 it turns out I was right on both
counts?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Other things I correctly predicted in my KH fics circa 2015 include:
-Monsters Inc.
-Wreck-it Ralph
-Luxord being part of the New Organization
-Demyx's return (didn't expect him to be in the Organization again though)
-Use of the Data Twilight Town to bring back Roxas (I didn't
-Riku Replica
-Frozen
-Pirates of the Caribbean returning

At this rate I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an Atlantis world.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
According to the translation, Lauriam says the person he's looking for should be among the Dandelions, but he hasn't met them yet.
Was he talking about Strelitzia, or was he already on Elrena's track? I feel like this is just a nitpick, but could prove useful.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
(TAV) ringing a bell?
There's family themes already in the series and I certainly find it refreshing that it isn't blood related.

Ehhh, I think TAV only loses to RAX in how much it tries to shove friendship down our gullets. The only familiar parallels there would be Eraqus being Terra's surrogate father and Xehanort's training brother, but even then they were very transitional moments.
Kairi's Grandma and Sora's disembodied voice of a mother (oh, and Riku's invisible father) are the only traces of blood-related family in the series thus far, so if anything I think this Strelitzia reveal is the refreshing one.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
According to the translation, Lauriam says the person he's looking for should be among the Dandelions, but he hasn't met them yet.
Was he talking about Strelitzia, or was he already on Elrena's track? I feel like this is just a nitpick, but could prove useful.
I say it points to him talking about Strelitzia considering how hard it'd be to find someone whose body disappeared.

If this is the case, then Lauriam has no idea what happened to her and maybe found Elrena in hopes for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back