• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Shift Pride & Meeting ??????

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, her name is very close to “la reina” which means “the queen” in Spanish. :D

Any

Awards
Oh my goodness...... I want Vanitas, Larxene, and Marluxia to form a trio in KH3 and I hope there’s a new plot with Ventus not the innocent boy he is seemed to be.

yuyayuzu

Awards
I look at the last scene one more time and I am not sure is strelitizia lauriam's sister or larxene's sister since the last (imoto no koto) meaning is actually ambigous and depends on the context.
It actually has two situation:
1. Imoto no koto ( About my sister)
2. Imoto no koto ( About your sister)
I don't know this scene refers to situation 1 or 2

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, I'm not crazy about this either. I never thought I'd say this about discovering Larxene's true name and Somebody, but for me Nomura managed to turn this into the most boring and predictable outcome while at the same time not giving enough contextual clues to make you able to say anything more than "oh, so this person came from here" (theories aside).

What I dislike is that apparently anyone left without a proper backstory will just come from Ux. And that this still doesn't mean anything, because Ux itself is a big "maybe" when it comes to determine what it truly is and how it will affect the rest of the series. It's my main complaint about it, it's a mistery on top of other misteries, and whatever gets added to it won't be satisfying until all of it it's cleared up.

Also the fact that everybody already knew everybody. Now Larxene and Marluxia clearly have something more going on, but that also... I call this the "End of Naruto Shippuden" clause: when you make everything predestined and planned that far ahead, you kinda diminish the importance of the subsequent actions. Clearly this Lauriam/Elrena subplot will have more to it and I will watch it and judge it then, but as of now I'm not happy that instead of being united by a common cause born out of necessity, Marluxia and Larxene are potentially just Axel and Saix 2.0.

And wait, does this mean she also had a Keyb- oh, man.

Now, if you like this reveal, if you somehow got a prediction right I'm not going to take that away from you: this is not something UNIVERSALLY bad, it's just that I don't like some of Nomura's idead when it comes to these types of scenario.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I look at the last scene one more time and I am not sure is strelitizia lauriam's sister or larxene's sister since the last (imoto no koto) meaning is actually ambigous and depends on the context.

Strelizia's more likely to be Larxene's sister because Larxene is in Arendelle, Frozen's theme is sisterly love.

yuyayuzu

Awards
I think I finished the translation. Pardon me if there is something strange/incorrect.
But about the last scene, I am sure I cannot be 100% sure that Strelitizia is larxene's sister or lauriam's sister since I have seen the phrase used in 2 different situations.
This may indicate a red herring if strelitizia is Lauriam's sister instead of Larxenes. Now that I think of it, Lauriam may just want to seek revenge joining the dandelion leaders and about the book, how if the one attacking Strelitizia actually doesn;t have any interest in becoming dandelion leaders?

Last edited:

yuyayuzu

Awards
@Alpha Baymax
But actually I see that Lauriam closed his eyes first before changing the little sister become Strelitzia which may possibly indicates that he is actually worried about his lil sis , just a possiblity though. I just don't want to jump into conclusions yet

And I checked the reaction of japanese people. Most of them thinks it refers to Lauriam's sister instead of Larxene's sister but I don't know

Side note:
It seems that both lauriam and strelitizia means flower

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Here, I'll say this to not end everything on a negative note like I sometimes do: I have no problem whatsoever with Elrena having a sister, actually I think it's very nice.
At least now it's confirmed that the concept of actual siblings exists within the main KH storyline.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, I'm not crazy about this either. I never thought I'd say this about discovering Larxene's true name and Somebody, but for me Nomura managed to turn this into the most boring and predictable outcome while at the same time not giving enough contextual clues to make you able to say anything more than "oh, so this person came from here" (theories aside).

What I dislike is that apparently anyone left without a proper backstory will just come from Ux. And that this still doesn't mean anything, because Ux itself is a big "maybe" when it comes to determine what it truly is and how it will affect the rest of the series. It's my main complaint about it, it's a mistery on top of other misteries, and whatever gets added to it won't be satisfying until all of it it's cleared up.

Also the fact that everybody already knew everybody. Now Larxene and Marluxia clearly have something more going on, but that also... I call this the "End of Naruto Shippuden" clause: when you make everything predestined and planned that far ahead, you kinda diminish the importance of the subsequent actions. Clearly this Lauriam/Elrena subplot will have more to it and I will watch it and judge it then, but as of now I'm not happy that instead of being united by a common cause born out of necessity, Marluxia and Larxene are potentially just Axel and Saix 2.0.

And wait, does this mean she also had a Keyb- oh, man.

Now, if you like this reveal, if you somehow got a prediction right I'm not going to take that away from you: this is not something UNIVERSALLY bad, it's just that I don't like some of Nomura's idead when it comes to these types of scenario.

Nah, I'm actually largely with you there as I find this whole "cram every leftover hillbilly from the Organisation into Ux to boost their importance" to be a really cheap shot and getting more unoriginal the more instances of it are presented.

Ventus being first was a genuine surprise and at least has a small premise with his backstory hinted at being mysterious and Xehanort apparently having some deeper interest in him.
Lauriam then came as a sort of curveball which while unnecessary, still could be argued as somewhat justified in that he was once a final boss, had several forms and thus a mystery that can be expanded upon.
Now we get Larxene too and suddenly the old Organisation (minus Xemnas and Roxas) is just made up of Faction A (Ansem's former apprentices) and Faction B (all the hillbillys coming from Ux)?
Now you have to practically just wait for Demyx and Luxord to show up and toss out yet another round of massive crowd memory loss to explain their behavior in the games from CoM over Days to KH 2.

According to the secret reports of Days Larxene and Marluxia came to work with each other due to shared interests, there is no indicator that they knew each other before joining the Organisation.

This seems to be another example of Nomura overdoing it with his apparent need that everything and everyone has to be connected with everything and everyone.
In the end that doesn't really expand the universe, it restricts it.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Japanese fandom are already speculating Strelitzia is Lauriam's sister because Marluxia is voiced by Shuichi Ikeda, and they are eager to see him as another Char clone.

I'm lowkey on their side tbh.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Nah, I'm actually largely with you there as I find this whole "cram every leftover hillbilly from the Organisation into Ux to boost their importance" to be a really cheap shot and getting more unoriginal the more instances of it are presented.

Ventus being first was a genuine surprise and at least has a small premise with his backstory hinted at being mysterious and Xehanort apparently having some deeper interest in him.
Lauriam then came as a sort of curveball which while unnecessary, still could be argued as somewhat justified in that he was once a final boss, had several forms and thus a mystery that can be expanded upon.
Now we get Larxene too and suddenly the old Organisation (minus Xemnas and Roxas) is just made up of Faction A (Ansem's former apprentices) and Faction B (all the hillbillys coming from Ux)?
Now you have to practically just wait for Demyx and Luxord to show up and toss out yet another round of massive crowd memory loss to explain their behavior in the games from CoM over Days to KH 2.

According to the secret reports of Days Larxene and Marluxia came to work with each other due to shared interests, there is no indicator that they knew each other before joining the Organisation.

This seems to be another example of Nomura overdoing it with his apparent need that everything and everyone has to be connected with everything and everyone.
In the end that doesn't really expand the universe, it restricts it.

Yeah, ditto. This is a more eloquent version of what I was trying to say.
I guess we'll see, but... the wait was superior to the reveal.

One thing I'm gonna try and predict now: I think it'd be kinda neat if Elrena was the killer, with Lauriam being indeed the red herring and he's actually a "good cop" trying to investigate the murder (perhaps Strelitzia passed the book onto him beforehand).
Considering the whole Internet is now taking Larxene's side and screaming at Marluxia for being a murderer AND still befriended the poor, grieving sister, I think it could be a nice twist.
And a confirmation that Larxene was always a cruel monster.

qbaysan

Awards
Seems like it's not confirmed yet whose sister is Strelitzia. Even in the Japanese fandom, while most are banking on her being Lauriam's sister, some think the dialogues are pretty vague. There was that discussion with Ephemera and Lauriam after all. Lauriam's looking for someone he knows within the Dandelions but haven't showed up since the war. The only one we know so far is Strelitzia.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

One thing I'm gonna try and predict now: I think it'd be kinda neat if Elrena was the killer, with Lauriam being indeed the red herring and he's actually a "good cop" trying to investigate the murder (perhaps Strelitzia passed the book onto him beforehand).
Considering the whole Internet is now taking Larxene's side and screaming at Marluxia for being a murderer AND still befriended the poor, grieving sister, I think it could be a nice twist.

Oh, just to generally bring the point up here, I agree with that notion as well.
This whole setup can be executed well and result in some interesting character dynamics, but so far the KH series isn't really known for their truly engaging character dynamics and truly exploring the supposed close connections for themselves.

The character connections are either tied to some extra shocking "twists" that the overall narrative could do without or just used as a vehicle for some plot device rather than about the characters themselves in many cases.

Hence why I am on the skeptical side. Having everyone and their Replica connected to the Ux era also harbors the danger of a handwave-explanation for whole character groups, but I digress.

If I recall correctly Strelitzia's shadowy killer did claim the green rulebook she was entrusted with by Lady Ava so if the killer didn't pass it on to someone else the one having that book should be the killer.

"The whole internet" is then as so often jumping to conclusions. If even the Japanese fandom isn't yet sure if Erlena or Lauriam are actually Strelitzia's sibling one should be careful with throwing out premature condemnations.
Even when we get confirmation on who the sibling is that isn't immediately an absolution as one sibling murdering the other isn't completely out of the question either.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
If I recall correctly Strelitzia's shadowy killer did claim the green rulebook she was entrusted with by Lady Ava so if the killer didn't pass it on to someone else the one having that book should be the killer.

Oh, that's right, I forgot about that.
Mh, now I have to rethink it. Because if I recall there's only one book this time around, and the leaders have it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh, that's right, I forgot about that.
Mh, now I have to rethink it. Because if I recall there's only one book this time around, and the leaders have it.

Depends on what book you mean.
Of the green rulebook there exists five copies, one for each Dandelion leader. They're seen lying on the table when Ephemer, Blaine, Ven and Skuld are discussing things.

Of the Book of Prophecies there is assumed to be only one copy left, but we don't know who has it yet.
According to the Master of Masters only one of the five kids should have the Book of Prophecies and it should be a secret to the other four.
The book Blaine was looking into for creating the spirits was lying there in broad daylight though and the other four all saw Blaine ripping a page from it.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Please no, that'd strip away any humanity that Elrena had, and make her very one dimensional.

yuyayuzu

Awards

".

yeah, completely forget about that scene . but i think pass to someone seems reasonable enough,

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Seems like it's not confirmed yet whose sister is Strelitzia. Even in the Japanese fandom, while most are banking on her being Lauriam's sister, some think the dialogues are pretty vague. There was that discussion with Ephemera and Lauriam after all. Lauriam's looking for someone he knows within the Dandelions but haven't showed up since the war. The only one we know so far is Strelitzia.

goldpanner is also going with Lauriam's sister. I trust her above anyone else, so that's what we're going with as well! Sorry for the mistake, everyone!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
goldpanner is also going with Lauriam's sister. I trust her above anyone else, so that's what we're going with as well! Sorry for the mistake, everyone!

Okay, but then that just raises more questions. Like, why is Lauriam talking to Elrena, and why Larxene is in Arendelle if not for the theme of sisters?

I'm not doubting Goldpanner, I'm just confused.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I see, well, this can still be spun further towards a connection between her and Erlena.

It seems that Lauriam is investigating about Strelitzia (and him being late to the first Leader meeting at the Keyblade Graveyard may play into this as well) and perhaps he knows that Erlena and Strelitzia were in the same party or even friends and now seeks some information from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back