• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Shift Pride & Meeting ??????

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

5 story quests have been added! The Union leaders have a disagreement over "Shift Pride", and a new character is introduced!

Watch the cutscene now with English subs, with translations by goldpanner!

Disclaimer: It's unclear whose sister Strelitzia is, but for our translation, we will be going with Lauriam.

(Ephemera sits alone in the Foretellers’ Room, reading Ava’s book of rules.)

Ephemera: ...

???: Something wrong?

(It’s Skuld.)

Ephemera: Ah, yeah.

(Skuld, Brain and Ven join Ephemera.)

Brain: What are we talking about today? I'm very busy. There are so many books I have to take a look at.

Ephemera: Then let's finish up as soon as possible.

(Everyone sits down around the table.)

Ven: Lauriam isn't here though?

Brain: Oh, Lauriam won't be attending today.

Ven: Huh?

Skuld: Is that alright with you?

(Everyone looks at Ephemera.)

Ephemera: Well, I would like for all five of us to decide things if possible.

Brain: He said that whatever is on the agenda, he agrees with Ephemera.

Ephemera: Huh?

Brain: That's what he told me to pass on. Guess he trusts you, Leader.

Ephemera: We're all the leaders.

Brain: Well, whatever. Let's get this party started.

Ephemera: Oh, yeah…

When you were chosen as Union Leaders, I believe you all received a copy of this rulebook.

(The others take out their copy of the rulebook.)

Ephemera: Now, this is about the "Shift Pride" mentioned in here.

Skuld: Oh, that…

Brain: Battles between fellow Keyblade Wielders, right? Something wrong with that?

(Ven slams his book down and leaps out of his seat in shock.)

Ven: Fighting fellow Keyblade Wielders!?

Ephemera: You didn't read it, Ven?

Ven: I did, but I didn't realise that's what it meant…

Brain: It's only a competition type of thing, right? I think the lack of recreation was going to be a problem soon anyway. Plus, hey, it's in the rules.

Ephemera: Hmm…

Ven: I'm against it.

Brain: Ven, stating an opinion outright? That's a first!

Ven: Look, even if it's just for a competition, I hate the thought of friends and teammates going Keyblade to Keyblade.

(Skuld looks at her book and reflects on the Player interrupting other wielders' fight pre-Keyblade War.)

Skuld: I'm against it too. It only gives me a bad feeling.

Brain: That's two versus one. It's all down to you, Ephemera.

Ephemera: I… I think we should obey the rules.

Ven: No way.

Skuld: Ephemera!

Brain: And since Lauriam agrees with you, I guess we're done here.

(Brain starts to leave.)

Ephemera: Wait, Brain.

Brain: Hm?

Ephemera: We will follow the rules, but we won't have Keyblade Wielders fight.

Since the Keyblade War, the worlds we travel in the name of experience all exist in a separate space, reproduced from data. When we enter those worlds, we ourselves are converted to data. That means there should be records of our individual data.

Brain: I see what you mean.

Ven: …So what does that mean?

Ephemera: The opponents will be data recorded from Keyblade Wielders. This way, we can avoid clashes of the heart.

Brain: And, as per the rules, you can run "Matches between Keyblade Wielders," right?

Ephemera: Yeah.

Ven: Wow!

Skuld: Yeah, I feel like that would be okay.

Brain: All things considered, that's a really good idea you came up with there. That's not like you, Ephemera!

(Everyone laughs.)

Ephemera: You're all terrible. 

Well, really, I guess you can thank Lauriam.

Brain: Why him?

Ephemera: Many, many days ago…

(Flashback! Ephemera is sitting at the table with his book, deep in thought. Someone calls out to him.)

???: What's wrong? You look troubled.

(Ephemera turns to see Lauriam.)

Ephemera: Oh hi, Lauriam.

You know, that "Shift Pride" thing written in the rules…

Lauriam: Oh yes, that.

Ephemera: Even simply as a competition, I believe it's dangerous to have Keyblade Wielders fight each other. But we do have to follow the rules…

I wonder why Lady Ava and the others would have us do such a thing…

Lauriam: Hmm… Relaxation? Or something?

(They share a laugh.)

Ephemera: You can't be serious.

Lauriam: Well hey, you're smiling now. You should lighten up about this.

Ephemera: Yeah, you're right. Maybe I'm a bit overwhelmed by this Union Leader stuff.

Thank you, Lauriam.

Lauriam: Hey, it's nothing. The five of us only have each other to share these secrets with.

(Lauriam starts to leave.)

Ephemera: Where are you going?

Lauriam: Since the Keyblade War, everyone has been travelling through those recreated data worlds. That means that data of everyone has to be recorded too, right?

There's someone I'm looking for. They're supposed to have joined the Dandelions, but I haven't seen them…

I thought perhaps I'd search the data.

Ephemera: I see… That's worrisome...

Oh! Can I help?

Lauriam: No, it's fine. This is a personal matter. I'll figure something out by myself. Thank you.

(He leaves. End flashback.)

Skuld: He's looking for someone…?

Ven: I wonder who…

Brain: It sounded like he didn't want anybody to pry. Let's not turn it into an inquisition. Not until Lauriam comes to us himself.

Skuld: You're right.

Ephemera: Well, all I meant was, it's thanks to Lauriam that I came up with that solution. I wish I could tell him…

(Lauriam walks on the streets of Daybreak Town and finds a girl sitting on the steps outside the warehouse.)

Lauriam: Are you Elrena?

Elrena: Um, yes.

Lauriam: I want to ask you something about my little sister…

Strelitzia.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: (SPOILERS) Union X: Story Update

hi sorry, low effort OP right now, gotta edit video

NOMURA HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

“Prepare for trouble! And make it double!”

I’m actually really excited for some Larxene/Elrena backstory. I saw someone on Twitter say that she is Strelitzia’s sister? Is that true? Because I’ll be shook if that’s true.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

I’m actually really excited for some Larxene/Elrena backstory. I saw someone on Twitter say that she is Strelitzia’s sister? Is that true? Because I’ll be shook if that’s true.
100% true.
Perhaps we'll finally understand Larxene and Marluxia's objective in CoM.

Leaferian

Awards

Wow. Elrena looks really nice. I have so many questions...

KeyToDestiny

Awards

This is so....dumb. Might as well just throw Demyx and Luxord in Union Cross as well because Nomura is too lazy to come up with original backstories for the 4 original Organization members without linking it to Union Cross.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yes, this is correct! Elrena is Strelitzia's older sister.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

100% true.
Perhaps we'll finally understand Larxene and Marluxia's objective in CoM.

Holy crap. Maybe Strelitzia’s heart went into Kingdom Hearts and Larxene wants to free it to bring her back in KH3. But why would she work with Lauriam unless she doesn’t know what he did? Now I’m imagining how seeing the sisterly bond between Elsa and Anna might affect her, which explains why she was chosen for that world.

Yes, this is correct! Elrena is Strelitzia's older sister.

I’ve been thinking for a while that Larxene in Arendelle is supposed to represent what Elsa could become if she gives into darkness, so it makes total sense that they’re writing her in a younger sister with a grim fate. I wonder if Larxene will mention her in KH3?

Muke

whatever
Awards

This makes me really excited, especially with her being Strelitzia's sister! Can't wait for more development!

Leaferian

Awards

In regards to Lauram, we don't know for sure Lauriam killed her right? It just has to do with her name being a flower and his title in the Organization being Graceful Assassin, yes? I wonder if the twist will be that Brain killed her, and introducing Lauriam right after showing Strelitzia's death was a red herring.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

In regards to Lauram, we don't know for sure Lauriam killed her right? It just has to do with her name being a flower and his title in the Organization being Graceful Assassin, yes? I wonder if the twist will be that Brain killed her, and introducing Lauriam right after showing Strelitzia's death was a red herring.

Well, they used his model for the shadow of the person that attacked Strelitzia. So they were either being overly deceptive or it was him.

Writer_Man

Awards

Maybe it's because of the grief she feels for her sister that Larxene is glad to be without a heart? No heart, no grief.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards

Well, they used his model for the shadow of the person that attacked Strelitzia. So they were either being overly deceptive or it was him.

Also if they the plots of the worlds that they are featured in during a kingdom Hearts 3 is any indication to their origins, then we can likely assume that Lauriam/Marluxia’s has something to do with causing someone close to you to live a lie to serve some selfish scheme. As unexpected as this recent development is, if executed properly I think it can add a lot of depth to these returning characters and their future roles.

Leaferian

Awards

Was that discovered through data mining or something? I went back and watched and I could see how the hair might sorta be the same shape, but the whole model was excessively blurry. Either way, that could totally be chalked up to them not being sure yet who they wanted to have done it, or the KH3 staff making specific changes when they wrote the stuff for the current story updates. With Nomura, I don't take any story for granted hahaha.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I just want you to know that a big part of this cutscene is spent with the Union Leaders arguing about PVP.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Was that discovered through data mining or something? I went back and watched and I could see how the hair might sorta be the same shape, but the whole model was excessively blurry. Either way, that could totally be chalked up to them not being sure yet who they wanted to have done it, or the KH3 staff making specific changes when they wrote the stuff for the current story updates. With Nomura, I don't take any story for granted hahaha.

Yeah I believe it was through data mining. But yeah, I don’t put it past SE to use his model just as fill in. I mean, they did that with Saix’s model for the Mysterious Figure in BBS.

I just want you to know that a big part of this cutscene is spent with the Union Leaders arguing about PVP.

I just choked. Why is this game attacking us?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Oh boy lol, I personally don't like this throwing everyone into this game for their backstory thing, but I guess with Lauriam already there she made sense to appear. I like her look, but I like all the X character's outfits. Her being Striletzia's sister of all things... was unexpected. I really hope some of this stuff actually matters in the future and that its not just fluff.

Leaferian

Awards

Yeah I believe it was through data mining. But yeah, I don’t put it past SE to use his model just as fill in. I mean, they did that with Saix’s model for the Mysterious Figure in BBS.

I just choked. Why is this game attacking us?
Right, that's my thinking.

Whoever it ends up being, there are potential motivations and stories. I hope one game or the other will establish how the people who have come forward did so. I just keep thinking about Yen Sid saying that not even Master Xehanort had the power necessary to physically move through time. More and more, I'm hoping it will turn out that the Unchained Realm is the Realm of Sleep, and that some of the people there are awakened amd brought back to the Realm of Light rather than time travel.

Awards

This is one of those things that seems so obvious in hindsight. Both her and Strelitzia even have the same eye color.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

This is one of those things that seems so obvious in hindsight. Both her and Strelitzia even have the same eye color.

I suppose so, but 90% of the other characters all have blue eyes so I doubt the average person noticed something like that lol. Their hair is still strikingly different. I feel like I would need to see a 3d model of Striletzia to really compare since everyone in UX has same face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back