• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Person of Interest

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
Re: (SPOILERS) Union X: Elrena and Chirithy

I don’t trust a single thing said about this game now unless the devs admit “yeah we diddlyed up and are just here to take your money.” SENA just smiles while lying about when things will drop and pretend to be community focused when they say things and then their actions go against that.

It’s just even more disappointing that Nomura said this story would pick up the pace and yet we are only privy to 5 quests a month. They’re spending their time on things that will get them money instead of working on things the fans will want. It’s so insulting to have this game go against what the creator of the entire series says as well. Gah, I’m just so consistently furious with KHUX.

Bingo! They all lie. All of them. Don't know what the deal is with Nomura, but I simply don't care anymore. Really. I hardly play, and have trouble getting excited about anything related to this particular game. Can't wait for Jan. 29th.

Any

Awards
I like that Ventus killed Litzia theory—Ventus’s evilness influencing Vanitas to be a nasty individual and Vanitas containing fragments of Ven’s memories. I love it. I might be reaching like the rest but others pointed out his cutscene was called “the third to arrive” while Brain was called “number four” and Lauriam was called “number five”. Seems like Ventus wasn’t supposed to be there in the first place

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
She also speaks really politely. Total opposite of Larxene.

That is so weird!!!
I hope they are doing something with her and she isn't just putting an act.

A Larxene's character arc would truly be something no one ever saw it coming.

I am not entirely sure of this either as I don't see yet any big reveal that would make me think differently of all the characters involved.

Well, Elrena being in that period and a Keyblade wielder is a pretty big reveal.
I know we kinda saw it coming and not all implications of it are thrilling, but still it's a confirmation that a character we knew has a proper backstory which ties her directly and undirectly to other characters and events.
It's not really about what the characters did or will do, it's more about playing KH III and knowing who or what the characters are.

Or, in fewer words:

And Larxene can wield a Keyblade if she has a Chirithy. It's surreal.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think Ventus is a pretty good bet for the one who off'd Strelitzia. The Vanitas argument is really plausible to me, the fact such darkness could be harvested from a single being, and not only that, Vanitas is capable of such heavy feelings that they even give birth to unversed. If every being was like that, you gotta agree that doing multiple Vanitas-like creatures would be a solid plan for Xehanort lol

Aside from that, the fact that so far Ventus is the only factor that came from the KHUX era aside from Lauriam and Elrena, makes it pretty convincing they're all connected to whatever happened in there.

So say for example if Ventus killed Strelitzia, it would make sense that both Marluxia and Larxene are in Castle Oblivion searching for his ass. But this would be simplifying things too much considering the story is ever untangling, and that a lot of important details might still be coming.

I'm just kinda disapointed that KHIII might not be the place in which Marluxia and Larxene will get closure after all, even though Nomura promised us that. Since the KHUX story will still be running, it's very unlikely that KHIII would spoil whatever their deal is before KHUX gets there.

The order of Organization XIII is significant as only does it symbolised when they joined, but the order also reveals who gets along with who. Braig knew Xehanort before he became Terra-Xehanort, Aeleaus is a guardian figure to Ienzo, and Isa and Lea are former best friends. So it comes as no surprise that there's a more underlying reason why Roxas comes after Larxene in the Organization XIII chain of command.

Marluxia and Larxene hunting down Ventus is a funny yet tragic thought. Maybe the both of them wanted to use Sora in Chain of Memories because they could feel Ven's heart resonating in him, yet the both of them were initially unaware of that connection? a Lauriam, Elrena and Ventus trio could end up being a thing.

In regards to both of these character having ongoing arcs, I am actually okay with that. Kingdom Hearts is going to continue beyond Kingdom Hearts III. Kingdom Hearts IV still has plenty of old and new Disney properties to select for the foreseeable future, and having under-utilised characters be more fleshed out beyond Kingdom Hearts III is exactly what I am looking forward to.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think Ventus is a pretty good bet for the one who off'd Strelitzia. The Vanitas argument is really plausible to me, the fact such darkness could be harvested from a single being, and not only that, Vanitas is capable of such heavy feelings that they even give birth to unversed. If every being was like that, you gotta agree that doing multiple Vanitas-like creatures would be a solid plan for Xehanort lol

You're making way more out of this than there actually is. Ventus' darkness isn't anything out of the ordinary and extracting the darkness from a heart is something that has been in play in the series ever since the KH 1 Ansem reports.
The darkness in Ven's heart isn't even a quarter of the whole thing and concentrating only on Vanitas is not the correct approach anyways since three quarters of Ven's heart are still light and Xehanort himself spoke of pre-split Ven as being too nice for his own good.

The Unversed aren't anything special either as Vanitas himself explains that they're a side effect of the heart split itself, nothing that results specifically from it being Ven's darkness.

Bingo! They all lie. All of them. Don't know what the deal is with Nomura, but I simply don't care anymore. Really. I hardly play, and have trouble getting excited about anything related to this particular game. Can't wait for Jan. 29th.

I've never actually played it, lol.
And the only reason I even follow the story at all is because Nomura could not let the whole thing remain non-canon.

I like that Ventus killed Litzia theory—Ventus’s evilness influencing Vanitas to be a nasty individual and Vanitas containing fragments of Ven’s memories.

I really don't grasp from where you get the whole "Ven's evilness"-nonsense from as there is zero indicator that he is in any way evil in any of his appearances in UX so far.
The part of Ven's heart that was later used to form Vanitas is even less than a quarter so painting the kid as some evil monster or master schemer on the level of Xehanort is really unwarranted and going past "reaching" at the current level of information available.
The primary influence of Vanitas being a "nasty individual" is Xehanort who had solid four years of time to mold Vanitas into what he is today.

That is so weird!!!
I hope they are doing something with her and she isn't just putting an act.

A Larxene's character arc would truly be something no one ever saw it coming.

Well, Elrena being in that period and a Keyblade wielder is a pretty big reveal.
I know we kinda saw it coming and not all implications of it are thrilling, but still it's a confirmation that a character we knew has a proper backstory which ties her directly and undirectly to other characters and events.
It's not really about what the characters did or will do, it's more about playing KH III and knowing who or what the characters are.

Or, in fewer words:

I wouldn't put it past her to actually playing an act, as her Chirithy does say she normally doesn't care about other people which sounds exactly like Larxene.

We must have different priorities then as someone being revealed as a "Keyblade Wielder" doesn't even goad a yawn from me anymore since it is so easily predicted and boring.
Her being from the X-era also doesn't interest me jack-shit as after Ven (whom I was already iffy about when it first happened) and Lauriam (which caused raised eybrows) it just looks like Nomura is cramming every remaining side character in there somewhere to have more forced connections and generate cheap drama instead of actual solutions.
It just feels incredibly forced and, I dare say it, unnecessary to put on a pile of stuff already to resolve from events of the original era.

erekhron

What if the real organization members(of course not all) are the fallen keyblade masters?? That would be sooo dope.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
We must have different priorities then as someone being revealed as a "Keyblade Wielder" doesn't even goad a yawn from me anymore since it is so easily predicted and boring.
Her being from the X-era also doesn't interest me jack-shit as after Ven (whom I was already iffy about when it first happened) and Lauriam (which caused raised eybrows) it just looks like Nomura is cramming every remaining side character in there somewhere to have more forced connections and generate cheap drama instead of actual solutions.
It just feels incredibly forced and, I dare say it, unnecessary to put on a pile of stuff already to resolve from events of the original era.

Yes, I made similar points when the reveal came out.
I wasn't talking about the subjective excitement over this reveal, but rather that regardless of how boring or awesome it is it's something you should probably be aware of if you want a complete perspective of Larxene as a character. Her being an original Keyblade wielder or not should definitely come into play in some shape or form now that she's part of an organization made by a Keyblade wielder whose main goal is investigate about that era, all the more so considering Nomura talked about the Union Leaders having a role in KH III and the fact that some members of the writing team worked on both Ux and KH III.

Hence why Glacie's statement about the lack of updates not being a big deal becomes more and more ludicrous with every new story update.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thanks goldpanner as always <3

Transcript is also in the OP.

[video=youtube;6rI4ghL2jKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rI4ghL2jKw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
i just noticed marluxia's familiar in the final boss battle of Re:CoM has strelitzia's pigtails lmao. small details and all that

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm starting to believe the theory that Gula is the one that killed Steritzia. Perhaps the Gula we see in the War is a copy he made in order to survive beyond the war, or perhaps he survived the combat.

Other than that, what if Gula is in present time KH? What if he survived by sending his heart to someone, and that someone being Elrena? It would explain her abilities, seeing as how Gula's motif is lightning.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yes, I made similar points when the reveal came out.
I wasn't talking about the subjective excitement over this reveal, but rather that regardless of how boring or awesome it is it's something you should probably be aware of if you want a complete perspective of Larxene as a character. Her being an original Keyblade wielder or not should definitely come into play in some shape or form now that she's part of an organization made by a Keyblade wielder whose main goal is investigate about that era, all the more so considering Nomura talked about the Union Leaders having a role in KH III and the fact that some members of the writing team worked on both Ux and KH III.

Hence why Glacie's statement about the lack of updates not being a big deal becomes more and more ludicrous with every new story update.

Eh, I get the point you're making, yet I still think this is overdoing it. Like seriously, Xehanort has had apparently several people from the era he so craves knowledge about under his thumb without noticing or exploiting it?
Backstory for characters is all fine and dandy but they should be believable and actually connect with their current state and personality without requiring twenty amnesia cases, fifteen heart splits and fifty times turning into a Nobody breaks turning it into an obnoxious puzzle. You can do that with one or two characters but if you come up with more than a dozen it gets hard to believe and even harder to explain without a total asspull.

It is also possible that these things will only become important after KH III since as of now it looks like even JP UX won't get much more story heavy stuff that brings the plot forward much before KH IIIs release.

Thanks goldpanner as always <3

Transcript is also in the OP.

[video=youtube;6rI4ghL2jKw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rI4ghL2jKw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Many thanks for getting this stuff up so fast. ;D

Just now when rewatching it I noticed Ventus is doing the "hands-behind-head" gesture even here as a kid and seems to get along rather well with Ephemer and Skuld.

So that's how the Player characters gets connected back to the main narrative it seems...well, I can only caution that this may mean the Dark Chirithy is also again active, as it did say they'd meet "in another dream" back in the Browser Chi.

Seighart

Awards
Didn't Gula have a page from the book that mentioned a sigil? Well it's mentioned in Back Cover but not the game from what i remember. What if he got it from hers?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Didn't Gula have a page from the book that mentioned a sigil? Well it's mentioned in Back Cover but not the game from what i remember. What if he got it from hers?

The new Union leaders have copies of a rulebook from Ava, not the Book of Prophecies. The only known BoP at this point in time is the copy that was left in the Foreteller's Room that Brain now seems to be reading nonstop.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The new Union leaders have copies of a rulebook from Ava, not the Book of Prophecies. The only known BoP at this point in time is the copy that was left in the Foreteller's Room that Brain now seems to be reading nonstop.

Sounds like just about the thing Gula would do. :eyesemoji:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Which btw goes totally against the supposed modus operandi that one of the five kids should have got a copy of the BoP in secret without the other four knowing.

Something is off here.

Furthermore, why would a copy of the BoP just lay unsupervised in the Foreteller's lair?
Did Ira forget his copy there when heading to war or was it deliberately placed there?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Although I do find it interesting that Ven is from the distant past, I'm still so-so on Marluxia and Larxene. At first, I was excited. Marluxia and Larxene are traitors to the Organization, what did they really have planned? I got even more excited when we saw Marluxia for the first time and he had his blue eyes and vaguely implied he was part of the "true" organization.

But.... I sighed when we learned the blue eyes thing was a mistake and he and Larxene are just a part of the organization again.

Yeah, it's weird that Master Xehanort managed to find three (and probably more >.>) people from the Keyblade War and doesn't realize it. If he does realize it, it doesn't seem like he's using them at all for his advantage or trying to get info out of them. (and I'm sure this is because I don't think Marluxia or Larxene were tied to the past until recently in Nomura's head compared to Ven who is a sketchy case)

So I don't know. I hope Marluxia and Larxene being norted is some kind of red herring and they're still partners trying to do their own thing or something. That's what'll make this plot most interesting to me.

I mean, I am interested that we have our first official OC sibling thing going on (though I strongly believe Sora, Ven, and Roxas are bros in every way but blood, probably). If Nomura is just gonna keep adding on this past stuff into things that happen in the future, I hope to get more info about Namine somehow through this, as Namine seems quite similar to Strelitzia in multiple ways. Surely that affected Marluxia somehow...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Which btw goes totally against the supposed modus operandi that one of the five kids should have got a copy of the BoP in secret without the other four knowing.

Something is off here.

Furthermore, why would a copy of the BoP just lay unsupervised in the Foreteller's lair?
Did Ira forget his copy there when heading to war or was it deliberately placed there?

That's the million dollar question!

Senzura

Banned

I agree with this so much and its one of the reasons I'm not so looking forward to KH3.

Nomura's recent shift in storytelling seems to have taken a "Broken Window Theory of Plot".

Heres the thing: Both KH1 and KH2 can be considered complete games in of themselves. They introduce, progress, and resolve the conflict that is their plot on their own. Sure, KH2 has a few things from CoM, but when you think about it Namine's inclusion and influence is minimal. Even BBS and Days create their own plot and resolve it within their own story. The story of Kingdom Hearts could have ended with the release of KH2, BBS, or Days with minimal to no unresolved details, when you really think about it. (I'm not counting secret movies, since they are designed to dovetail future games by nature). You could count the fate of Ven/Aqua, but they could just be interpreted as "passing the torch". However, this DOES introduce a shimmer of this new direction, which is creating questions where they didn't need to be before. Xehanort could have just stayed an apprentice of Ansem, and BBS would be unnecessary. Nonetheless, it at least had its own plot.

Then, we get to DDD. This entire game was taking resolved plot elements and unraveling them. Defeated nobodies? Now they become human. Therefore, Xehanort is back and also he can time travel, so literally every single thing you've encountered in the series is a lie and part of another plan. Then, theres also Ven. He COULD have just been some really good boi that Xehanort picked, but NOPE, now he needs to be a 1000 year old Dandelion, along with Marluxia's somebody. Why? Because its a lazy piece of red meat for fans to make them desperate for answers in place of story telling.

Really, is KH3 even its own game? Hell, its plot technically starts in DDD. We already know the villian, the villian's plan, and the Hero's motivation (without watching trailers). Its clear from the trailers that its mostly going to be stretching plots and character arcs from previous games. The Disney areas, which should at least have subplots for us to resolve, are clearly going to be full of Xehanort intrusions. Its an entire culmination of Normura's bad habits: Break down the windows that he built, and then call rebuilding those windows a plot.

Yes, I made an account just for this rant.

AayriSolassa

I feel like people are really reaching with the whole "Vanitas is a monster so how bad must Ven have been before the split?" thing. Surely if Van is nothing but darkness concentrate, he wouldn't have the capacity for anything but bad? Also, why is everyone so certain Gula is the one who killed Streilitzia, did I miss something?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Because its a lazy piece of red meat for fans to make them desperate for answers in place of story telling.
This is a very accurate summary of the structure of the X series of games. And I agree that we can see this approach reflected in the way KH3 (as a narrative) has been established: delay payoff, regurgitate plot mechanics, play off of the same derivative features that have been exhausted in previous titles. The universe of KH seems somehow to contract with every new twist. Riku always fights Riku, Kairi is always a satellite orbiting Sora, and the same 13 bad guys have been undermining Maleficent's efforts to be the main antagonist for apparently thousands of years.

So it would almost be poetic if Ventus was the Master of Masters, and a murderer, and was diddlying with Master Xehanort the whole time. Jump - that- shark!

I feel like people are really reaching with the whole "Vanitas is a monster so how bad must Ven have been before the split?" thing. Surely if Van is nothing but darkness concentrate, he wouldn't have the capacity for anything but bad?
Darkness does not cause a person to be evil, and light does not cause a person to be good. Eraqus was a fanatic who treasured the light, and was willing to pursue awful ends in order to act as its protectorate. Riku has a powerful darkness within him, but he chooses to use it for the good of others. Nobodies are theoretically born without light or darkness to guide their behavior, and we've seen that they can do good or evil depending on their circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back