• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Person of Interest

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: (SPOILERS) Union X: Elrena and Chirithy

Gist of the update is as follows:
Strelitzia was in a party with Elrena, hence Lauriam coming to talk to her. This encounter happens in the data, and Elrena says something odd that Lauriam suspects might be a rewrite (my kanji ain't so good so I dunno what it was).
Elrena's Chirithy talks about seeing Strelitzia looking for "someone who doesn't talk much but was invited to the Dandelions," and that she entered the storehouse.
Chirithy also mentions that Skuld visited the storehouse as well, but came out looking confused. All this takes place before the bell tolls.
Lauriam thanks Elrena for the help and leaves. Then, Elrena decides to enter the storehouse and investigate herself.
Back at Union Leader HQ, Lauriam asks Skuld about it, but she doesn't have a clue. Lauriam worries that Strelitzia may have been led into the War, and Blaine surmises that maybe this "someone" didn't actually join the Dandelions after all.

Ephemera then reveals he thinks he knows who the person in question is: "my friend."

They don't specify. But personally, I'd bet on the next drop happening right before or on the 25th.
The 25th is a Friday and story updates go live at 3PM Thursday JST.
It's also the third (full) week so very, very likely we'll get an update.

Seighart

Awards
We’ve only really known Ventus when he’s just a heart of pure light. Who Ventus is when he has the part of his heart that made Vanitas is unexplored. And we know how bad Vanitas is, so how the question on our lips is how dark could Ventus actually be when he is whole.

Well that's my whole argument against it. The little interaction between Ven and Mx before the split doesn't seem to suggest Ven had anything inside him that made him seem like he had a huge darkness. I'd be more inclined to be for this theory if Ven acted different.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I guess Skuld is bringing it up since no one else was present at the meeting with Gula?
If someone else brings it up that would be fishy.

Actually, it's Elrena's Chirithy that brings it up. Not specifically, but he tells Lauriam about seeing Skuld and someone else entering the abandoned warehouse, which you'd know instantly as when she and Player went to meet with Gula. Lauriam himself brings up the bell first in the scene. They're small things that could be easily brushed off of course, but those who are familiar with those events would easily be able to connect the dots in the timeline compared to those who aren't.

DraceEmpressa

Awards

HI LAURIAM IS THE BROTHER GOODBYE FOR NOW

DvZuKyOV4AADK90.jpg:large
Git gut, I would never expect that the Char-referencing Marluxia art I found in the 2013- or so will actually hint to the fact he really is a Char Clone.

So this cutscene is going to be a bit confusing for those who haven't kept up with KHX. There's several references to events that took place pre-Keyblade War, such as the bell that tolls for the final battle and the meeting with Gula in the abandoned warehouse.

And more hints to

Chirithy also mentions that Skuld visited the storehouse as well, but came out looking confused. All this takes place before the bell tolls.
Lauriam thanks Elrena for the help and leaves. Then, Elrena decides to enter the storehouse and investigate herself.
Back at Union Leader HQ, Lauriam asks Skuld about it, but she doesn't have a clue. Lauriam worries that Strelitzia may have been led into the War, and Blaine surmises that maybe this "someone" didn't actually join the Dandelions after all.

Ephemera then reveals he thinks he knows who the person in question is: "my friend."

Oh my, and more hints to the theory of the culprit is Blaine/Gula? I am trying my best to not sound hyped here.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

HI LAURIAM IS THE BROTHER GOODBYE FOR NOW

DvZuKyOV4AADK90.jpg:large

Apologies for doubting you and Goldpanner. At least that gives Marluxia's guardian more probably of it being a version of Strelitzia.

It's kind of too bad Larxene isn't the sibling. Would have made a good parallel between those two and Anna and Elsa. Oh well. Maybe the could still have had a sister like bond in the past.

Larxene still works in Arendelle. Even if you ignore the mythological origins of Nymphs in mountainous regions (seeing as she's the savage Nymph), she may have a Hans role in which Elrena pretends to be innocient, only to sinister intentions.

I don’t trust a single thing said about this game now unless the devs admit “yeah we diddlyed up and are just here to take your money.” SENA just smiles while lying about when things will drop and pretend to be community focused when they say things and then their actions go against that.

It’s just even more disappointing that Nomura said this story would pick up the pace and yet we are only privy to 5 quests a month. They’re spending their time on things that will get them money instead of working on things the fans will want. It’s so insulting to have this game go against what the creator of the entire series says as well. Gah, I’m just so consistently furious with KHUX.

This just makes a console version of Union Cross all the more necessary. Kingdom Hearts III is inevitably going to make a lot of Union Cross players leave the game, coupled with too many key plot elements that set up for beyond Kingdom Hearts III.

And Nomura mentioned that all of the pre-existing assets of Kingdom Hearts were re-created in Unreal Engine 4, it would be a smart stop-gap to have a console version of Union Cross whilst we wait for Kingdom Hearts IV.

Still gonna be salty about Glacie saying that these updates won't be important to KH3. UH. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. THIS IS GOING TO PLAY INTO A TON OF DYNAMICS.

I'm already just thinking of the mirror of how Vanitas calls Ven his brother (rudely and mockingly) while we have Strelitzia as Lauriam's sister. And knowing Lauriam and Elrena knew each other because of Strelitzia makes this all the more intense.

I'm 100% backing my theory that Ventus killed Strelitzia but Vanitas is the one who has the memories of that rather than Ven and that is going to come into play briefly in KH3.

This is important information for Kingdom Hearts, but is it specifically important for Kingdom Hearts III? None of Marluxia or Larxene's interaction directly confirm that they remember anything about Union Cross. So Glacie may technically still be correct.

The only element directly connected to Union Cross is Maleficent and Pete's quest for the black box. But that seems minor compared to the rest of the events that are happening in that game.

I like the idea of Ventus killing off Strelitzia, only to have Vanitas be the host that remembers the memory. It gives credence as to why Ventus darkness was strong enough to be seperated from Ventus as its own being.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well that's my whole argument against it. The little interaction between Ven and Mx before the split doesn't seem to suggest Ven had anything inside him that made him seem like he had a huge darkness. I'd be more inclined to be for this theory if Ven acted different.

That too, although I didn't even count that so far but how Ventus acts in UX itself.
Xehanort himself also points out how Ventus is too good/soft for his purposes and what one also cannot forget is that the Vanitas we see also isn't just "Ven's darkness" but Ven's darkness tampered and nurtured by Xehanort.
Therefore I find it a little strange to draw conclusions about pre-split Ventus solely from how Vanitas acts when other indicators do exist.

We're talking about murder too, one of the worst known crimes possible and one needs quite much malice and ruthlessness to actually commit to do such a thing which is something I don't see Ven having from what we've seem so far.

There is still a huge gap between killing someone in self-defense, accidentally or during a chaotic war event and deliberately seeking someone out to off them in a secluded space like it was done with Strelitzia and then commit also theft on top (her rulebook).

Actually, it's Elrena's Chirithy that brings it up. Not specifically, but he tells Lauriam about seeing Skuld and someone else entering the abandoned warehouse, which you'd know instantly as when she and Player went to meet with Gula. Lauriam himself brings up the bell first in the scene. They're small things that could be easily brushed off of course, but those who are familiar with those events would easily be able to connect the dots in the timeline compared to those who aren't.

Ah ok, that makes sense, so Elrena's Chirithy just saw Skuld and Player, not what actually went down.
Only question is then how Elrena's Chirithy knows Skuld.

Yep, for those who played Browser Chi its certainly easier to put the events into the correct timeline.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What is with the Ventus we just see now?
Like I said above to Seighart this Ven comes over as even more soft and innocent than the "heart of pure light"-version we know from BBS.

Don't shoot the messenger lol, I'm just telling y'all why people think that Ventus is the killer.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Don't shoot the messenger lol, I'm just telling y'all why people think that Ventus is the killer.

No shooting intended, lol. Just a little grilling perhaps since I don't find the current chain of arguments to be very convincing with the information and visual cues we have so far.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That too, although I didn't even count that so far but how Ventus acts in UX itself.
Xehanort himself also points out how Ventus is too good/soft for his purposes and what one also cannot forget is that the Vanitas we see also isn't just "Ven's darkness" but Ven's darkness tampered and nurtured by Xehanort.
Therefore I find it a little strange to draw conclusions about pre-split Ventus solely from how Vanitas acts when other indicators do exist.

We're talking about murder too, one of the worst known crimes possible and one needs quite much malice and ruthlessness to actually commit to do such a thing which is something I don't see Ven having from what we've seem so far.

There is still a huge gap between killing someone in self-defense, accidentally or during a chaotic war event and deliberately seeking someone out to off them in a secluded space like it was done with Strelitzia and then commit also theft on top (her rulebook).

Ah ok, that makes sense, so Elrena's Chirithy just saw Skuld and Player, not what actually went down.
Only question is then how Elrena's Chirithy knows Skuld.

Yep, for those who played Browser Chi its certainly easier to put the events into the correct timeline.

The Chirithy seem to know all the players. I wouldn’t think too much of it. They probably hang out and exchange info when they’re not with their players.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The Chirithy seem to know all the players. I wouldn’t think too much of it. They probably hang out and exchange info when they’re not with their players.

Possible, although this would probably make me wary of sharing too private things with the Chirithy if I have to suspect they're gossiping about you among themselves and then those Chirithys may go and tell their wielders about it.

It almost makes the Chirithys sound like a spy network...

qbaysan

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, just to note too, Elrena does speak somewhat formally to Lauriam in Japanese. I find it cute since it's like a gap moe from her clothing, at the same time to her Nobody.

I wonder if even Elrena understood what her Chirithy was saying about the "Union Leaders". I'm pretty sure Lauriam and co. haven't announced anything to the Dandelions yet.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Ahhhh, I couldn't be happier about this confirmation. Don't know why, I just think it's ultra adorable. I can't help but wonder if this ties into Namine at all, even a little bit?

As for the killer, I think it's either Blaine or none of the current leaders and the killer pretended to be Ava and gave one of them the book. If Laurium has a book, then I think whoever killed his sister pretended to be Ava and gave Laurium a book. (Or coulda been someone else, but eh, who knows at this point)

Still completely and utterly unconvinced that Ven is the killer either way. That's not a good kind of twist, it's just out of character.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, just to note too, Elrena does speak somewhat formally to Lauriam in Japanese. I find it cute since it's like a gap moe from her clothing, at the same time to her Nobody.

Well would you take a look at that, it looks like Lauriam cares just as much about his sister as the Kingdom Hearts fandom does.

And it's intriguing to see that the player is starting to become a topic of discussion, even with the new Union Leaders.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I wonder if even Elrena understood what her Chirithy was saying about the "Union Leaders". I'm pretty sure Lauriam and co. haven't announced anything to the Dandelions yet.

Chirithy: Even though you don't normally care for other people.

Okay, so there's still some Larxene in there, lmao desu.

Elrena is so adorable and sweet. Good Lord what happened. What. Happened. Just don't get killed baby girl by snooping around.

And Larxene can wield a Keyblade if she has a Chirithy. It's surreal.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Possible, although this would probably make me wary of sharing too private things with the Chirithy if I have to suspect they're gossiping about you among themselves and then those Chirithys may go and tell their wielders about it.

It almost makes the Chirithys sound like a spy network...

I mean, I think that’s cute but if you want to treat everything like a big conspiracy, go ahead lol

Hirokey123

Awards
So they caught up to speed really fast on her story and timeline it seems. I also feel like it's already heading in the direction people speculated, that Gula is the one who killed her. It feels notable that Skuld, Player, and her all got mentions but they deliberately skip over Gula's involvement. At this point I'm expecting that Elrena finds like Gula's discarded robes or mask hidden away in that room, telling players IRL that Gula must have killed her to take her place and shed his robe so people wouldn't recognize him. I wouldn't be surprised if Gula had something to do with Laxene/Elrena given his speed based combat and lighting motief.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
So they caught up to speed really fast on her story and timeline it seems. I also feel like it's already heading in the direction people speculated, that Gula is the one who killed her. It feels notable that Skuld, Player, and her all got mentions but they deliberately skip over Gula's involvement. At this point I'm expecting that Elrena finds like Gula's discarded robes or mask hidden away in that room, telling players IRL that Gula must have killed her to take her place and shed his robe so people wouldn't recognize him. I wouldn't be surprised if Gula had something to do with Laxene/Elrena given his speed based combat and lighting motief.
what is gula trying to do is he trying to summon kingdom hearts again wehn ava already told him it forbidden

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I mean, I think that’s cute but if you want to treat everything like a big conspiracy, go ahead lol

If I have learnt anything from KH Ux in particular it is to be properly cautious (or paranoid?) of things that seem harmless at first glance and especially of information flow.

Question though if Gula discarded his robes to take Strelitzia's place who or what would then be the Gula that participates in the war?
An illusion? A twin brother? A Nobody?

Everything involving Strelitzia seems to take place before the bell rings and we also still see Gula talking with Skuld and Player right before the bell.

lusca_bueno

I think Ventus is a pretty good bet for the one who off'd Strelitzia. The Vanitas argument is really plausible to me, the fact such darkness could be harvested from a single being, and not only that, Vanitas is capable of such heavy feelings that they even give birth to unversed. If every being was like that, you gotta agree that doing multiple Vanitas-like creatures would be a solid plan for Xehanort lol

Aside from that, the fact that so far Ventus is the only factor that came from the KHUX era aside from Lauriam and Elrena, makes it pretty convincing they're all connected to whatever happened in there.

So say for example if Ventus killed Strelitzia, it would make sense that both Marluxia and Larxene are in Castle Oblivion searching for his ass. But this would be simplifying things too much considering the story is ever untangling, and that a lot of important details might still be coming.

I'm just kinda disapointed that KHIII might not be the place in which Marluxia and Larxene will get closure after all, even though Nomura promised us that. Since the KHUX story will still be running, it's very unlikely that KHIII would spoil whatever their deal is before KHUX gets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back