• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Cornerstone of the World's Rebirth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Replicas. Calling it now.

More importantly. I see @Sephiroth0812 is back.
FreeImpeccableCod-small.gif

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Sephiroth0812 Welcome back! Haven't seen you in a while~

"Block Noise" is a term used in Japan to refer to this type of blockiness/glitches/distortions in videos and imagery.

View attachment 11983

Thanks.
Yea, I had a quite busy year so far. Our company is expanding faster than we can hire additional personnel so everyone has to work somewhat more.
I haven't even *gasp* finished KH III yet which is why I also haven't done a review on it.

That fits the description pretty good. These block monsters are coming from glitches in the Data world of UX after all.

[note to self: notice the line between post and signature better before replying]
Probably. Although considering he brings up here that the Darknesses in this past war weren't human...it certainly gets my brain a-thinkin.
"Not being human" only means that they aren't specifically of the same species as the vast majority of our primary characters.
There are dozens of different mystical and fantasy species which are not human yet very humanoid in appearance, including demons, angels, AIs/Data-beings, some form of pagan "gods" and so on.

Awards
"Not being human" only means that they aren't specifically of the same species as the vast majority of our primary characters.
There are dozens of different mystical and fantasy species which are not human yet very humanoid in appearance, including demons, angels, AIs/Data-beings, some form of pagan "gods" and so on.
MoM could be referring to Nobodies and Replicas too.

And if it turns out that MoM is somehow an adult Sora, I wonder what would cause him to go thinking that Nobodies that look human are just monsters.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Honestly it's incredibly hard for me to picture MoM and Sora as the same person given the drastic difference in personality. I really hope this isn't the case.

Zigade1711

Awards
So im going out on a limb here and saying sora is the MoM but a a adult version of sora... From a different world line... In that world line somehow that sora died but. His friends were the ones to save him in return they disappeared . He then used the power of waking to go further back in time to the age of fairytails possibly loosing his body and maybe his kingdom key. Since maybe destiny island didnt exist for some reason so he manifest his actual keyblade imsaying this becuase the kingdom key was orignially supposed be rike hence why riku current key looks like a more upgraded version.
My thoery is adult sora aka master of masters may have fled from a huge catastrophe and becuase of that he decided to change the future by writing the book of prophecies. Allowing the first keyblade war to happen and observe the outcome. Remember what YX said u cannont change what is destined to happen he was right... I figured this is what triggered MoM to change destiny by altering the current world line. Brain on the other hand realizes this and decides to minimize interference with destiny.

Theres not much to go on until more translations and story release but what if ventus was possessed by. MoM the before the new union leaders killed starlezia and erased vens memories. And rearanged them to think he was a new union leader now now remember the master of masters heart was divided during this time. What if the reason vens heart found its way to sora when it was fractured. Was becuase of this. The part that was taken. Away from ven was probably also the part of the MoM hence why vanitus name is a deviation from pride. So vens heart finding sora wasnt comeplete chance... There was already a connection to sora long before xahnort found ven...
But yea this is just me giving my thoughts none. Of this is proven...

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Honestly it's incredibly hard for me to picture MoM and Sora as the same person given the drastic difference in personality. I really hope this isn't the case.
In general, I just can't take anymore of these "but they're actually this person!" reveals. It's been used so much already that it's quickly gotten stale and disatisfying to me.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Here's the gist of the update from my own translation:

The Keyblade War started when the Master was a kid. It's not "another" Keyblade War, but rather the War began much earlier than we thought.
The Master claims that there were other Keyblade wielders, however they are "out of the question," like they don't matter so much.
The original battles were fought between "Light" and "Darkness," the Master had no masters of his own.
Rather than the "monsters" which are being fought now, the Master's enemy was something different, which took the shape of humans but was not itself human... probably.
Compared to the battles he fought, the darkness has changed shape and now hides inside humans. Because of this, he hoped to finally end the War (with the events of χ[chi], presumably).
The Dandelions, who would escape to another worldline, would enact "the starting point χ," "the Unchain training" and "the Union Cross realization," which are cornerstones for restoring the lost world.
However, once the world is restored, he implies not everyone will be able to return to the restored, original world.

Back to the Union Leaders, everyone's come together for a status report.
Brain concludes that somehow they've wound up inside a data world, which was purposefully separated from the real world.
For what purpose, who knows. By whom, who knows. He questions whether Ava was aware of this "program," stating that someone had to have arranged it.

Nukara

Awards
I increasingly believe in the theory that Sora is MoM ...

Awards

The Keyblade War started when the Master was a kid. It's not "another" Keyblade War, but rather the War began much earlier than we thought.
The Master claims that there were other Keyblade wielders, however they are "out of the question," like they don't matter so much.
The original battles were fought between "Light" and "Darkness," the Master had no masters of his own.
Rather than the "monsters" which are being fought now, the Master's enemy was something different, which took the shape of humans but was not itself human... probably.
Compared to the battles he fought, the darkness has changed shape and now hides inside humans. Because of this, he hoped to finally end the War (with the events of χ[chi], presumably).
The Dandelions, who would escape to another worldline, would enact "the starting point χ," "the Unchain training" and "the Union Cross realization," which are cornerstones for restoring the lost world.
However, once the world is restored, he implies not everyone will be able to return to the restored, original world.

Back to the Union Leaders, everyone's come together for a status report.
Brain concludes that somehow they've wound up inside a data world, which was purposefully separated from the real world.
For what purpose, who knows. By whom, who knows. He questions whether Ava was aware of this "program," stating that someone had to have arranged it.
This is gettin' juicy. Hopefully the next update is soon.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
So... The war that occurred during the MoM's childhood (that's allegedly still continuing by the time the scene takes place) was fought between Keyblade wielders and humanoid beings of darkness, and overtime, the darkness changed form and eventually hid away within humans. He set up the events of Chi/Backcover in an effort to finally end that long battle (or at least grant them a much needed reprieve), and used the Dandelions to restore the damage that his plan would cause to the worlds, as well as to make sure the legacy of Keyblade continues on into the future.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Going from this and ivaannom's translation, it'd be interesting if it turned out the enemy he's referring to were actually humans, but of the dark realm. Bias against darkness (or both sides having bias against the other) starting the war and having MoM considering them non-human.

I just don't want this to turn out to be "darkness is bad and has always been bad."

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Subbed videos are still WIP but I've added the translations to the OP.

Hirokey123

Awards
Hrm a lot of potential ways this story could be playing out...

At the very least I think I'm starting to think the MoM didn't necessarily want the world to end in Chi. Rather because the foretellers wanted to give it a shot he decided to indulge them. Setting up a plan that could potentially save the world but only if his foretellers could rise above their flaws and stay the course. He knew they wouldn't be he was hoping they could prove him wrong, that they could change the future like Sora does though in the end they predictably failed.

Meanwhile the MoM's real plan was the dandelions all along. The purpose of Chi was to create a dire circumstance/threat of darkness to find keyblade wielding children that were very darkness resistant, it was only through darkness that those rare glimmers of light could be. After Ava had found them she said they were going to begin training in a world made of dreams, THAT is what Unchained Chi was. Ephemer was calling to the player in their dreams because Ephemer was in a dream world during this time like the rest of the dandelions. The next step was "Union Cross" and I think I get the idea behind it now, why the new leaders were tasked with setting it up and why the game's logo/name changed.

When the wielders entered that data worlds to begin Union Cross that actually trapped them in the data. See they thought they were entering data worlds then leaving back to the real daybreak town but what actually happened was after leaving union cross they would up inside of a digital daybreak town. Union Cross was the gate into the cage and once inside the MoM's program prevented them from leaving redirecting them to the digital daybreak town.

qbaysan

Awards
Tbh, the preview with Brain receiving the book from Ava doesn't really discount him as the fake leader yet. Especially with him repeating that he's the "virus" that'll change the program, just like what Luxu alluded to in his Secret Reports about the fake being a "virus". But it could prove that he didn't kill Strelitzia. It's still possible that he wasn't MoM's circled kid, but someone Ava chose, if one gets where this line of thinking is going: Ava might be the killer instead, and chose Brain to ruin MoM's plans after hearing the truth from Luxu, with or without Brain knowing it.

The decisive point in all of this, if it's not implied with the upcoming scene with Ava and Brain, is that whoever comes up with the jumping worldlines idea and pushing for it within the Union Leaders is the fake.

Wait why
I can't imagine what part of this update involves Sora in any way
MoM's answers to Luxu's interruptions kinda implied it. Kinda if taken to a certain perspective.

Similarities:
  • MoM was a boy when he fought the Keyblade War just like Sora
  • MoM had no actual Master just like Sora
  • MoM fought a battle between 'Light and Darkness' just like Sora
  • MoM had comrades who wield keyblades during his Keyblade War, but they were mostly irrelevant just like anyone who isn't Sora in KH3**
  • MoM fought human-like monsters just like the True Organization that Sora fought, who actually weren't composed of humans except for one, but you could say he's more of like a monster instead of a human too

More speculation:
  • There's also the feeling that things have already repeated before just with this update
  • Re:Mind also hints that Sora might actually repeat the events of the Keyblade Graveyard again just to save Kairi
  • **There's also a possibility that with Sora repeating the events of the Keyblade Graveyard, that whatever the contributions the guardians have had, they'd be chalked up to irrelevancy, at least for Sora in another worldline or something. Because in the end, he's the one who'll be doing all the work just to save Kairi, all the while ending the threat of Xehanort.
Although it's possible that MoM is just a Sora parallel, just like Xehanort was to Riku.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I've been reading Goldpanner's translations since she finished them late last night and I still can't make heads nor tales from where Nomura is taking this, who the traitor actually is, how they all wound up in a data project etc.

All my focus is going towards three things that are probably 99% going to be incorrect (the 1% correct belongs to point 3):

1) Ava survived the war / she had a data version of herself primed and at the ready and she's watching the new Union leaders with Brain being her lackey

2) Ventus, Lauriam, Elrena, and Ava are most likely those that MoM refers to as crossing over between Worldlines, since they all turned up in the main KH history around the same time (
Spoiler Spoiler Show
)

3) It's been one year this month since we got the Maleficent + Darkness update and in true disappointment to her character, she fell off the face of the game and fell into obscurity and I'm sad by this (especially after how much I enjoyed watching Maleficent: Mistress of Evil yesterday.)

I just wish this all wasn't so slowly drip fed out to us. Union X isn't such a bad story, it's just hard to follow because it's easy to forget details from the last main story update from like 6 months ago and we only get a tiny bit of information and have to wait a couple of months for the next part. Hopefully this story gets converted into Back Cover 2.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for waiting, all! Subtitled vids are up.

qbaysan

Awards
(
Spoiler Spoiler Show
)
Ava being Subject X is pretty much contrary to all the hints we've received actually, along with that Dandelion Meeting Q&A with Nomura last year April 2018.

Q: Please tell us about the design and the reasoning behind the appearance of new Union leaders like Ephemera and Skuld.

Nomura:
You want to know more about them instead of their design, right? There is a storyline in KHIII where you will sense their existence and influence here and there. I believe you will feel their presence more than the five Foretellers who are the previous Union leaders. The fates of these new Union leaders are already set, and there is a meaning behind everything, including their names.
Tbh, disregarding Skuld in the equation as to who jumped worldlines, and who's who pretty much makes this interview, the KH3 Secret Reports, as well as the motif parallels with Lea and Isa, contradictory. If she isn't Subject X, then what happened to her?

But that doesn't mean we don't have hints on what happened to Ava. Luxu hinted it by saying that she carried out her mission, and in the Japanese version, he said she totally completed her role. So that could either mean she is working in the background doing her own thing now that's she's free from her role, or she might've vanished just like Sora due to her role.

Back