• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Confrontation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The MoM said that Darkness doesn't like beings of Pure Heart because it scared them because they're complicated to understanding.

lol looks like Sora will defeat the Darkness in one fell swoop by confusing the hell out of them.

Also, I feel like Phase 1 was meant to demonize the Darkness, while this next Phase 2 could be about understanding it and showing a never before seen side that could make us sympathetic over it.

Like a moral grey area.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So like the No Name Keyblade Brain's Master's defender was passed down generation to generation. That's good to know. When Donald claimed that "it was so old" that always seemed like an exaggeration. Now it makes sense

WayFinder gang

Awards
Considering the cliffhanger we got today, I don't think we're gonna get a main story update next time, just the Candy Kingdom ending (If it doesn't end by next update, it is just a pure joke). The update would probably end on the player going back to daybreak town. Which means like 4/5 months without any updates on darkness and the union leaders. Brace yourselves guys.

isakiri

Awards
I don't think they'd be calling it a "Final Chapter" if it wasn't going to be concluded by December 2021 at the very latest.
Okay, but the point is that they don't directly say that it will end next year. The final chapter could go on for longer than 2021. Depends on how many episodes are in the final chapter.

palizinhas

Awards
I do wonder if Brain will also get No Name - making it so both his Keyblades are passed down - or if No Name's gonna go to Ephemer.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for waiting! All videos are up:

1. Can I just say HOLY COW they're milking this Wreck It Ralph scenario
2. Also, weird glitch at 0:52 above MoM
3. If they could give customized Keyblades this whole time (I'm talking about Brain's Master Defender), I wonder why they're still choosing to give a lot of the main characters generic KHUX Keyblades. I feel like there should be some diversity.

1. I truly believed this would be the last one 🤡 Someone please save Player from obscurity.

2. That was me, I goofed while editing the video. Should be fixed in the reupload.

Last edited:

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The light this sheds on Ven is the most interesting part IMO. "The fated child as written in the Book of Prophecies." At this point we can almost say for certain that MX's effort to take Ven in as his pupil and, thereafter, to split him into pure light and pure darkness, will be revisited in the future and injected with new significance.

Also, this update essentially gives us confirmation that Luxu/Xigbar is well aware of exactly who Ven is. If he's been watching over them, then he surely must also know what Ven looks like. The Xigbar-Roxas relationship just got more interesting.

That's because it was not in the Keyblade War that happened in UX, but in the previous one that MoM told about. In the modern timeline, the lore has mixed the two wars together.

This is just speculation, no? I don't believe this has been confirmed anywhere. At this point we don't have any reason yet to believe that the references to the Keyblade War as in-world lore throughout the series refer to anything but the War from Unchained χ, but this could of course change.

More than ever though I am doubling back down on my theory that Xemnas was talking to "a" Darkness in the chamber of repose.

I really like this Xemnas-talking-to-Darkness theory. Chamber of Waking/Repose will almost certainly make a comeback, especially with this new lore surrounding Ven. This theory could probably expanded to include some kind of ongoing relationship with Darkness seeking out Ven's slumbering body, abetted by Xemnas.

EDIT: Returning with some quotes from Xigbar (the man himself) re: Chamber of Repose which are quite fascinating in the current context: "The Chamber of Repose... If you recall, that's where we spent our time researching the darkness that resides within people's hearts... The first thing Xemnas did once he got rid of [Ansem the Wise] was to undo the seal and build a room in the back. Ever since then, he holes himself up in that room when he can, and he talks to someone. But who? For all I know he's the only one in that room."

Also, we now know that Apprentice Xehanort - Xemnas' direct predecessor - was using that same research space for other very mysterious ends. This is shaping up to be most intriguing...

Last edited:

ZeVaine

Awards

I think many of us thought that the Master "disappeared", to go to the Verum Rex world... but I think the truth is, when the Master and Luxu disappeared... they are actually going to this Unchained X virtual world that the game takes place in, and have these conversations that we are seeing in the latest story updates. The video above implies that Luxu and the MoM both went away, and at some point Luxu comes back.

Also, I think people don't understand how potentially huge this recent revelation on the nature of Darkness is... For so long, we just thought Darkness was there as this like "angry" side of everyone's heart (which it still could very well be), but now it appears to be these invisible beings that only want to seek out the desires of individuals, and make them happen... or they are just being coordinated by someone, and they are just giving us vague answers that won't be all that helpful. Darkness states that there are more beings of Darkness, then there are of light... interesting. Darkness also was "old friends" the MoM, but doesn't need him/work for him, it looks like down on humans for some reason, and is usually invisible except for right now.

I know many of us were already operating on the assumption of Darkness in people's heart/Realm of darkness is different from these "Beings of Darkness" who wish to act upon and manipulate the desires of people they see (at least so far as they have explained), but what if they really are one in the same? If that were true - what impact would that have on the conclusion of things in Kh2: that all darkness is natural, and half of what makes our hearts work, and we need to just accept it. If that's true, than at some point living people were pure light, and accepted these beings of Darkness, and we then had to learn to reign in our inner darkness, which only wants us to pursue our own betterment (easily translatable to the deadly sins) in order to keep worlds and people from falling completely into darkness. Why Darkness ACTUALLY exists (besides the not so helpful "if there's light, there's always a shadow" explanation) seems to be that it came OUT OF people who had pure light... but had desires for more, more light... and for some reason that manifested into actual dark beings? Darkness hearts pure light... probably because they have no desires for them to exploit and plant themselves within. Still, Darkness seems to speak lowly of humans... Yet it looks like Darkness constantly looks for hearts, and use their desires to infiltrate them.

Potentially, Darkness once always existed INSIDE of light, and light PUSHED that part itself out, in order to prevent war and pain, which it saw happening. As such, Darkness is like this completely shunned part of Light, that is just as important and old as "light" itself, and it really took until the modern Sora era for everyone to realize that trying to avoid darkness just made it stronger and could never actually stop it.

Still, we know the MoM goes to the Verum Rex world at some point. So there's still a lot more to explain.

isakiri

Awards
Anyone else curious about what Luxu's motivations are after this update? Like, he's always been a mischievous guy, especially as Xigbar. It makes it very hard for me to believe that Luxu's motivation is simply "because the master said so." There has to be more to it than that. He has too much personality/too much of a sense of self for his motivation to simply be because he's following orders from the master.

Every time we get a new update and we see Luxu and the Master talking in that room with the screens it makes me wonder how Luxu can possibly think that a miserable existence of body hopping for thousands of years and never forming any actual meaningful relationships in that time is all worth it in the end. It really makes me wonder what the Master has planned. The end goal has to be extremely beneficial to Luxu in some way.

One thing I've noticed with Kingdom Hearts is that quite a few characters that start out as "bad guys" eventually are given so much depth to their character that Nomura has no choice but to have them join the good guys. We've seen it with Axel, many other organization members, and hell, even Xehanort himself. I'm starting to sense that from Luxu and given his nature of crossing people, I wouldn't be surprised if he double crosses his own Master and ends up on the side of Sora and folks.

This character just has too much going on to simply be the Master's underling. He's either going to greatly benefit from the Master's plan or he's going to join the good guys. Only time will tell.

the red monster

Awards
I think darkness saying "there is more darkness then light" is a reference to 13 darknesses and 7 lights which make the X-Blade.
maybe one of the darknesses is inside the black box, and when the time comes MoM will use it to summon the other pieces and summon kingdom hearts using the foretellers as light.

WayFinder gang

Awards
Every time we get a new update and we see Luxu and the Master talking in that room with the screens it makes me wonder how Luxu can possibly think that a miserable existence of body hopping for thousands of years and never forming any actual meaningful relationships in that time is all worth it in the end. It really makes me wonder what the Master has planned. The end goal has to be extremely beneficial to Luxu in some way.
Today's update showed us that Luxu was worried about the union leaders. It could be a possibility that somehow knowing those kids are be safe is enough for Luxu to live the life he had.
Also the master strictly forbid Luxu from meddling with fate, yet Braig did side with Xehanort and attacked Ventus during birth by sleep. Unless this was written in the book of prophecies, Luxu went against his master.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
So I have thoughts....

First it definitely seems to be painting the idea that Darkness isn't actually evil, evil is something done with conscious intent. Both it and the MoM say it has no goals so I doubt we are meant to doubt that. From the sound of it darkness just wants to understand beings of light but it can't and in that lack of understanding it causes harm. It reacts to the negativity in a person, it feels their desires, and in doing so it tries to help in its own way by letting them act on those desires. But it doesn't understand the morality element of all this nor does it feel empathy or love it just...reacts and watches the reaction. Which mean Darkness isn't really the issue it's people that are, darkness only reacts but the selfish actions of murder, power grabbing, greed, hate those come from the beings of light. That would sort of account for why Xehanort wanted to go so far, the core issue is people themselves how do you fix that? Well one way is definitely to start the world over as blank and create new life that is compatible with darkness.

I definitely get the sense Darkness is being painted almost sympathetic here while the MoM is...concerning. He talks about how they are too different, that understanding or in other words balance can not be reached, and thus he seems to seek their destruction. That IMO completely flies in the face of a hero like Sora and a story like KH which is all about reaching out to people and making connections with them no matter how impossible it seems. I get the sense the direction the story is going is that Sora is going to ultimately broker an understanding with Darkness and the MoM will be a villain that needs to be stopped because he is going to try some kind of mass genocide of an entire sentient species (maybe all of reality really) because he thinks co-existence is impossible.

This sounds like such a Nomura thing to do that I could plausibly see this as the narrative conflict for Kingdom Hearts IV.

ZeVaine

Awards
So like the No Name Keyblade Brain's Master's defender was passed down generation to generation. That's good to know. When Donald claimed that "it was so old" that always seemed like an exaggeration. Now it makes sense
I'm curious to see the moment where No Name is entered into the mix, and a little bit is explained in regards to how both of these keyblades get passed down. Defender might just be Eraqus' bloodline, so it doesn't matter who's actually and No Name goes to each Master... But does Luxu just literally find the first Keyblade Master (which one would assume would be Brain, but I guess doesn't have to be) and give it to him - or does Luxu just plant himself as the first Keyblade Master randomly, and then pass it on.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I forgot what I was going to type here while I was replying at a different thread. I think I was going to question about why Darkness would even bother about human affairs if they've been existing separately long before that. If it's something basic like to parasitically reproduce, I swear...

Rainclouds

Awards
Perpahs the MoM is a creature of light like the Darkness we see now. And there are many different beings/creatures of pure light and pure dark. Perhaps the reason why he uses the coat is to keep this a secret, maybe to keep the light under control or something. The ultimate light is hidden in the ultimate darkness.

Are these darknesses Heartless? Or do they predate them as the original darkness, like when everything first began? Thr darkness controlling Ventus I assume stays with him and eventually becomes Vanitas. At that point maybe it changes plans and simply wants to reunite with Ventus.

Also, the MoM, on purpose, absued the power of waking so that he would be sent to the Final World, where he found his way to Qaudratum where he lived for god knows how long. Maybe time doesn't pass the same in unreality.

The Mom theme, though, is amazing.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Thanks for the translations! This was certainly interesting learning more about Darkness. Even though it is being painted as the main antagonist right now, I would not count out the Master of Masters. There could be a twist coming where his plan to eliminate Darkness is just as evil as...whatever it is Darkness does.

I'm also fascinated that Darkness used Ventus as a vessel because he was pure. Does that mean Darkness was inside Sora too all those years of his life while inside Ventus? Can Darkness qualify as another Sora? While I ponder that, Darkness said Ventus wanted power or to be a Union Leader. So the dark Ava couldn't have been the real Ava. It makes me even more curious where she is.

And finally Luxu is going to observe the Dandelions? How much watching has this guy done? This makes his connection with Ventus bigger then was BBS showed at least.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Also, this update essentially gives us confirmation that Luxu/Xigbar is well aware of exactly who Ven is. If he's been watching over them, then he surely must also know what Ven looks like. The Xigbar-Roxas relationship just got more interesting.

I feel like this would've been a given anyway considering how close Ven is with the other Union Leaders, but yeah, it's a straight up confirmation that he's kept an eye on Ven the longest.

Which makes me wonder why he's got beef with Ven, because in BBS, he was planning to kill Aqua and Ven in the Keyblade Graveyard himself. That HAS to be going against the Master's orders because that's well beyond "meddling". However... Luxu says he's never read the Book, so maybe the Master had already known what Luxu was going to do later down the road. As Xigbar, Luxu plays an immense role in the Keyblade War, basically serving as Xehanort's right-hand man, so there's no way the MoM didn't know. Especially when we know he met Young Xehanort way back in the day.

It makes me think before Ven was sent to the BBS era, he and Luxu must've had some sort of showdown or something, and he's had it out for him ever since. Cause Luxu is going from "I have to protect these kids!" to "You idiots never saw what was coming." Although... Body hopping through time and seeing the darkness play out the way that it did, I could see why he became a lot more cynical. Still, what a change.

Why Darkness ACTUALLY exists (besides the not so helpful "if there's light, there's always a shadow" explanation) seems to be that it came OUT OF people who had pure light... but had desires for more, more light... and for some reason that manifested into actual dark beings?

It makes sense because the war in Chi started because of everyone wanting more Lux for themselves and their Union. And since everyone wanted to be on equal footing in case one Union didn't try to spark a war with another, they just kept hoarding it. A fight that revolved around light ended up destroying that entire World, not just Daybreak Town. And it's only in Union X, after Unchained X, that we start seeing Darkness move around. So when Darkness is saying that it's always been around, we have to think that far back when thinking about the story so far.

D

Deleted member 252753

What I find interesting about Luxu here is how concerned he seems about the welfare of the Dandelions, like a 'mother hen'. It doesn't sound like Xigbar at all, who appears to not care about anyone in the main games and is frequently causally cruel and mocking. I wonder what happens to him in the meantime and what his change in personality could mean.

I'm even a little tempted to read more into this line:

Master: Wow, Luxu. Don't you have any respect for your superiors? Maybe you're the one who's got more in common with the darkness!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back