• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Confession / The Missing Ark

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Also unrelated but did anyone else find Ava's chibi form absolutely adorable when she attacked Luxu? Something about that little jump and Keyblade attack was oddly cute...no, just me? Blame it on these mobile characters looking so adorable XD
Everything's adorable in this game. No matter how serious. XD

Ink Ribbon

Awards
Hm, so it seems that Darkness is more than likely behind Strelitzia's murder afterall. I'm still holding out hope there's more than meets the eye with Ava and/or Skuld being involved in some capacity. But I guess it's just a wait and see thing. This probably means that Vanitas is coming back in some capacity. I never cared for his character but it is what it is. Eventually, maybe it could be that Darkness reflects the inner darkness of the person it possesses, thus having a different physical form each time and broader personality (or personalities). I'd actually be interested in that take on the character.

Poor Lauriam getting his booty kicked. He seemed pretty aggressive towards Maleficent, so what's to say he doesn't try to smite Ventus too now that he has some kind of involvement with Strelitzia? I can't imagine he or Elrena are just going to be as accepting of Ven's account like the others. Gimme that juicy drama, Nomura!

If these pods take people to the real world, then maybe Demyx and Luxord are already on the other side. Maybe they weren't specifically picked to be Dandelions but survived the keyblade war somehow.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Everything's adorable in this game. No matter how serious. XD
Yeah, but it was suppose to be the start of the Keyblade War. They had the X-Blade music and bell tolling but all I could think about was how disgustingly cute Ava's attack was, lol.

Eonstar890

Awards
We are definitely missing info from the cut to Lauriam on the ground. I assume that whatever clash occurred destroyed the pod Maleficent was going to enter and so instead she used the one that is now missing from the back.

As for Ven... Idk what to think. It seems like darkness is controlling him, but the memory manipulation is throwing me off. And of course if it seems like one thing, it’s most definitely the other with this series. My question now is how did Ava summon Ven? Did she send her chirithy for him??? I still think another character is involved in Strelitzias murder besides darkness. If darkness is even involved at all. And where the heck is luxu right now??? Where is he watching all of this unfold from??

LoneFox

Awards
Let's think about Ven's claim that he was summoned into the building by Ava. My understanding is that one of the following has to be true:
  • He was really summoned by real Ava
  • He was really summoned by fake Ava
  • He is lying about it
  • It is a false memory installed by the killer

We can rule out lying, because why would he mention the building at all? Real Ava is also unlikely. Even if she had some reason to talk with Ven, she wouldn't choose Gula's hideout as the meeting place. If it was fake Ava, why was it done? It can't be related to the murder, because the murder was not planned. The killer had no way of knowing that Strelitzia would come to the building at exactly that time.

So, false memory seems to be the best explanation. The most likely chain of events is: Ven by conincidence walks by the building when the murder is happening. He hears noise, goes in to investigate, sees the body, freezes/faints, and is caught by the killer. The killer disguises himself as Ava (or was already disguised, it makes sense if Gula was his intended target), erases Ven's memory of the events, gives him the false one, and proceeds to lead him out and name him as a replacement union leader.

There is surprisingly little new information in the whole update, only the fact that Ven saw the murder, and confirmation that the Ava Ven met is a fake one. Real Ava was on the hill with Luxu at this time.

Now, please point out if I have missed something!

D

Deleted member 252753

@LoneFox I think your reasoning is good. The only bit I would say isn't so sure is about the Fake Ava option.
If it was fake Ava, why was it done? It can't be related to the murder, because the murder was not planned. The killer had no way of knowing that Strelitzia would come to the building at exactly that time
It does seem unlikely the murder was planned but in this series it's not impossible the killer knew Strelitzia would enter then somehow. Plus, the murder being unplanned also would be odd because the killer was already in the warehouse when Strelitzia wandered in so for their victim to enter the same building by chance would be a big coincidence.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If I remember correctly Strelitzia's Chirithy pointed her towards that building and seemed to be a bit irritated too about her behavior beforehand. Did Strelitzia's Chirithy see Player there or was it a different Chirithy who just told Strelitzia's?

There's also the option that "false Ava" speaking with Ven is actually Gula using illusion powers just like Ava impersonated Ira once. It doesn't have to be "Darkness".

On a different note though....what if all instances where one Foreteller is impersonating another actually was "Darkness" all the time?
If "Darkness" has shapeshifting abilities and can impersonate anyone they wish we could actually have had them right under our nose several times without knowing even during the events of Browser-Chi.

D

Deleted member 252753

If I remember correctly Strelitzia's Chirithy pointed her towards that building and seemed to be a bit irritated too about her behavior beforehand. Did Strelitzia's Chirithy see Player there or was it a different Chirithy who just told Strelitzia's?
It was Strelitzia's Chirithy who saw Player and Skuld enter the warehouse, while talking with Elrena's Chirithy on a rooftop.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It would be interesting if Darkness possesses Ava and she becomes a villain, making another good female antagonist.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It would be interesting if Darkness possesses Ava and she becomes a villain, making another good female antagonist.
That does sound good as we need female antagonist. But if that's the case I hope it's more she's morally gray now rather then possessed. It just takes away agency of her being in control of her own actions similar to Anti-Aqua who is notoriously anti-climatic.

LoneFox

Awards
In the next episode:

Brain: Lauriam is in magical sleep. To wake him up, someone must kiss him.

Skuld: Kiss him?! Ewww... No, I'm not going to do it.

Ephemer: Brain, don't look at ME like that!

Brain: (looks disappointed) I guess we need to find someone else...

:p

Tobi

Awards
What I do wonder if that person there still is "Lauriam" or if that is his nobody, which has yet to wake up. What if he lost his heart in the fight against Maleficent? We do know that she can steal them (BBS), without the need of a heartless and who knows what Darkness can do. I'm aware that this would also begs the question how Marluxia ended up in the time of Sora & Co, too, since if he does enter the machine as a nobody he is getting nowhere. And still, I do think that this could be Nomuras way of showing us how Lauriam lost his heart and how his Nobody was formed. Him unable to feel or summoning his keyblade (or could he?) would be a reason for him to ask Elrena for advise - who in return would learn that it is possible to live without a heart.

On the other hand... the issue with how the machine is working is to big of an issue. Also Maleficent would have to get beaten somewhere between her reappearence in KH2 and Marluxias defeat in KH3 or else his heart couldn't return (I doubt she would let go of it on her own) - and we didn't fight her even once during that time. The best guess would be her appearence at the end of the Radiant Garden fight in KH2 and even that case seems unlikely to me.

So as long we don't learn anything new about methods of escaping this data-world (side note I love how that evil fairy always ends up messing up spelling data) and about an ability of Darkness to also steal and keeping hearts that idea is going to stay unrealistic... well atleast until Lauriam notes that he stopped feeling.

Zetsumei

Awards
Let's think about Ven's claim that he was summoned into the building by Ava. My understanding is that one of the following has to be true:
  • He was really summoned by real Ava
  • He was really summoned by fake Ava
  • He is lying about it
  • It is a false memory installed by the killer

Ven could not have been summoned by Ava to the warehouse at the time that he said he was, because at this time, Ava was having her conversation with Luxu on the hilltop outside of town. The only way for this to occur, is if Ava time traveled into the past like Sora did in KH3. Take of that what you will.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
What I do wonder if that person there still is "Lauriam" or if that is his nobody, which has yet to wake up. What if he lost his heart in the fight against Maleficent? We do know that she can steal them (BBS), without the need of a heartless and who knows what Darkness can do. I'm aware that this would also begs the question how Marluxia ended up in the time of Sora & Co, too, since if he does enter the machine as a nobody he is getting nowhere. And still, I do think that this could be Nomuras way of showing us how Lauriam lost his heart and how his Nobody was formed. Him unable to feel or summoning his keyblade (or could he?) would be a reason for him to ask Elrena for advise - who in return would learn that it is possible to live without a heart.

On the other hand... the issue with how the machine is working is to big of an issue. Also Maleficent would have to get beaten somewhere between her reappearence in KH2 and Marluxias defeat in KH3 or else his heart couldn't return (I doubt she would let go of it on her own) - and we didn't fight her even once during that time. The best guess would be her appearence at the end of the Radiant Garden fight in KH2 and even that case seems unlikely to me.

So as long we don't learn anything new about methods of escaping this data-world (side note I love how that evil fairy always ends up messing up spelling data) and about an ability of Darkness to also steal and keeping hearts that idea is going to stay unrealistic... well atleast until Lauriam notes that he stopped feeling.
Either KH2 (the Nobodies attacking her at Radiant Garden) or Re:coded (Sora's Heartless) would be the only instances she was "defeated" during that time.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Ven was summoned by "Ava", who I believe was not actually Ava. Already already picked her 5 new leaders and gave them instructions. She was now off doing her own thing, eventually finding Luxu to ask him questions.

Someone else disguised themselves as Ava, summoned Ven to that warehouse, tricked Strelitza into thinking Player was nearby and bringing her to that warehouse as well.

What happens beyond that is the mystery. From Ven's point of view, he blacks out right after seeing her and when he comes to, "Ava" is giving him union leader instructions.

From Strelitza's point of view, no one seemed to be in that room, but when she turned around, a shadow attacked her and then stole her book and she fades away.

I do think Ven's memories have been altered, like, was he knocked out? Did something possess him? No way he stood quietly in the darkness as he watched a girl get murdered unless something made him be silent to witness it.

The brain aches he's feeling are very similar to BbS whenever he starts recalling something painful that happened... TO him, not necessarily something he did. (Roxas too, followed by trashing a computer out of rage)

I'm 100% positive he must've witnessed the murder and his memories were altered. But, the question is, how exactly did he witness it. Did he get possessed, or something forced him to silence/freeze. Hm

Eonstar890

Awards
The more I think about it, the more I feel like darkness isn’t an evil character. They are being portrayed to be all bad literally called darkness and working with Maleficent, but it seems to me this character is trying to foil the MoM’s plan. And that guy definitely doesn’t seem like a good guy.

Think about it. Darkness’s main goal in getting Maleficent back to her time is to create a thread between the Five and the future allowing them to escape their cage into a different time. According to Eraqus’s new game pieces the foretellers and the MoM are fighting against Sora in this next chapter and the saying goes: “The enemy of my enemy is my friend”.

While it does seem like Darkness is using Ventus as a sort of vessel, and there’s a clear connection to Vanitas and Darkness I still don’t think it’s as simple as them being the same person. Vanitas is his own person formed by Xehanort. Maybe he was amnesiatic, but the fact that Sora literally says “Vanitas?” Means it’s too obvious and not Normura style at all.

Watch darkness be revealed to be Luxord simply carrying out yet another mission for his “commander”

kingofgame981

Awards
I want the team to develop a 3D fight scene between Lauriam and Maleficent! I need that!

On another note, Ventus amnesia creates a dark vibe in this story.

D

Deleted member 252753

I really don't think the real Ava is responsible but chronologically it's not strictly impossible. Ava and Luxu clash Keyblades just before Skuld and Player leave the warehouse and soon after (but how soon is unclear) Strelitzia goes in and is killed. So it is just possible Ava could have 'teleported' to the warehouse in time to kill Strelitzia, though her also summoning Ven would be a stretch.

What makes me think Ava can't be responsible is I can't think why she would both replace Strelitzia and leave the list of union leaders with Brain.

Back