• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Union X: Breath of Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts Union X Japan has updated with 5 new main quests (No.956~960) as well as 5 Proud Mode quests (No.951~955).

Watch subtitled videos with English translations by goldpanner

(Maleficent steps out of the pod.)

Maleficent: Is this… The real world……?

(Darkness appears behind her.)

Darkness: Yes. Congratulations on your successful escape.

Maleficent: And where are we in time? Am I back where I left off?

Darkness: No, this is still the past. You've merely traveled to the real world version of the data world you just left.

Maleficent: How convoluted…

So, how do I return to my proper place in time?

(Darkness reappears by the pod Maleficent seemingly just left.)

Darkness: Get in this pod.

Maleficent: Excuse me?? What was the point of coming here, then? Couldn't you have just taken me straight back to my own time?

Darkness: Our previous journey was simply to move us from data to the real world. We weren't trying to travel through time at all.

Maleficent: Well, why not do both at once?

Darkness: The ark is not quite that versatile.

(They move over by the center pod.)

Darkness: As I said before, it was originally built to traverse the Ocean Between and reach other worlds.

Maleficent: Hmph! I suppose.

In any case, this time I will be returning to my original world, correct?

Darkness: Yes.

Maleficent: And what about you? Aren't you coming along?

You have no flesh. Surely you'd be able to make the trip?

Darkness: You have no need for more darkness.

And besides, my work here is not done.

(Brain and Ephemer wait anxiously in the meeting room. Skuld returns and walks over to Ephemer.)

Ephemer: How is he?

(Skuld shakes her head.)

Skuld: I brought him to his room...

It might have been the size of the shock, but he just collapsed and fell asleep on his bed.

Ephemer: I see…

Skuld: He was holding his head the whole time. It seems like his true memories have come flooding in…

(She looks up to see Brain smiling at them. The two look over.)

Skuld: This means Ven must be a victim too, right?

If you've figured anything out, please tell us.

Brain: I can’t say I know the exact details, but, based on what Ven said, he was there when Strelitzia was killed.

The question is, who intended for that to happen...

Ephemer: ……Darkness?

Skuld: Huh?

Brain: It seems the darkness has been acting closer and faster than we had imagined.

(Flashback! Luxu enters the control room and finds the Master of Masters reading a book. He sighs repeatedly, trying to get his attention.)

Luxu: sigh……

Sigh……

SIGH……

(The Master loses patience and whips around.)

Master: Um, excuse me? What's gotten into you?

Luxu: You say that darkness can't be erased, so the world has to end temporarily.

We even need a way to escape this place…

Does this mean, there's no way we can ever defeat the darkness?

Master: What, you have a problem with that?

Luxu: Of course I do. We Keyblade wielders exist to fight the darkness. But you're saying that in the end, we have no way to win, and all we can do is run.

Master: "Run" is a harsh word.

Luxu: But that's what this is, isn't it? We can go to a new world, but we'll just have to run again someday.

(MoM approaches him.)

Master: Wow, Luxu. I can't believe I took you under my wing, taught you so much, only for you to understand nothing.

Luxu: What do you mean?

Master: You're overthinking this.

You've gone off and over-complicated things to reach your own conclusion, only to rile yourself up over this theory as if it's the answer.

Or perhaps it's because you've convinced yourself that anything you don't understand must have no answer.

But you'll understand soon enough.

Luxu: Are you telling me to wait and see?

Master: Hey, if you keep moving forward, you're bound to end up somewhere.

(Luxu lets out another sigh.)

Luxu: Sigh……

Master:

OK, seriously! What is it?

Luxu: I just can't stand waiting around for results when I have no idea how long they're going take, okaaay?

Master: You'd rather live your life knowing exactly how it ends?

Luxu: Well no, but...

Master: There is a way to defeat the darkness.

Luxu: What?!

Master: But it won't be easy. It would need a lot of time, and a whole lot of set up.

It would take more than several lifetimes.

That's why we are going to leave this world.

We will end the world.

We will discard time, and cast away the borders of the world.

(The screen goes dark. When we return, all the monitors have been shut off.)

Master (cont.): All in order to defeat the darkness.

(Ven rests in another room. He thinks back to what happened with Strelitzia.)

(Another flashback! When Strelitzia and Chirithy entered the empty house in search of Player.)

Strelitzia: You said you saw them go this way, but there's nothing further up but this empty house.

Chirithy: Yeah… Maybe I saw wrong...

(Strelitzia steps forward and calls out.)

Strelitzia: Hellooo! Is anyone theeeere?

Is anyone theeeere?

Chirithy: Looks like a no.

(She lets out a sigh and turns back.)

Strelitzia: Yeah. I'll head back to the fountain plaza.

Chirithy: Okay, and I'll keep looking.

(Chirithy turns towards the exit, but then turns back around and looks at Strelitzia. Ven approaches them from the shadows.)

Chirithy: Ah.

Strelitzia: Huh?

(Ven becomes engulfed by darkness, which lunges out and strikes down Strelitzia and Chirithy before they can react. A voice calls out from the darkness.)

???: Pick it up.

(Ven nods but is otherwise unresponsive, and picks up Strelitzia’s rulebook.)

Chirithy: Why…

(The figure hidden in the darkness gives Ven more instructions.)

???: Let's go.

(He nods again. The darkness separates from Ven and the two make their way out the door. Strelitzia struggles to move.)

Strelitzia: ...Lauriam...

(Ven and the darkness exit the house. As the darkness becomes illuminated by the light outside, they take the form of Ava.)

(Ven wakes up, crying.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DraceEmpressa

Awards
so how many years until we see Lauriam losing his s**t and goes berserk mode on Ven? Out-universe, I mean

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
so how many years until we see Lauriam losing his s**t and goes berserk mode on Ven? Out-universe, I mean

Well, going by the Kingdom Hearts 2020 trailer, we're in the last arc, so... It depends on how much longer they intend to ride this horse. Maybe 6 months to a year at max? Who knows.

ivaannom

Awards
I mean it's not like Ven did something to Strelitzia, it was 'Darkness' who attacked after all and Ven just picked up the book but still.

TBH when Ven said before that he was with Ava, i thought that Drakness transformed into Ava, but seeing this chapter, more that 'tranformed' it looks like 'Darkness' is Ava.

Any

Awards
Why blame Ventus when Vanitas is right there. Always blame Vanitas, the same darkness that said he & Ven were a separate entities + always been inside of Ventus for a really long time. After all, what he is, is “Darkness”. ;)

No really, we can’t blame Ventus. Maybe for the lack of backbone but Ventus is a CHILD, people. He was in a tough situation and got possessed to kill someone. This is not his fault, that’s 100% Darkness fault.

ivaannom

Awards
Well, going by the Kingdom Hearts 2020 trailer, we're in the last arc, so... It depends on how much longer they intend to ride this horse. Maybe 6 months to a year at max? Who knows.

I don't remember the trailer saying that we are in the last arc but we are at the second phase.

And for some reason i remember somewhere Nomura saying that there are 3 arcs with Xehanorts saga being the first one. Although i may be completely wrong and i just made that up.

Edit: Forget what i said, my bad for not reading the entire message

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

I don't remember the trailer saying that we are in the last arc but we are at the second phase.

And for some reason i remember somewhere Nomura saying that there are 3 arcs with Xehanorts saga being the first one. Although i may be completely wrong and i just made that up.
In the part of the trailer about UX specifically, it says 'The Final Chapter' begins. And the Second Phase is for the franchise more generally, I think.

ivaannom

Awards
In the part of the trailer about UX specifically, it says 'The Final Chapter' begins. And the Second Phase is for the franchise more generally, I think.

Ah yeah okay i didn't read the full post for some reason and i thought he mean for the entire franchise xDD

My bad sorry

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards

Last arc for Union X, not Kingdom Hearts as a whole. That's what the KH2020 trailer suggests, at least.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

You're halfway there?

The UX trailer within the KH 2020 trailer did indeed say we were entering the final chapter.

Nomura said in his letter from the 4th anniversary that he had received a mystery request related to a yet-announced "3rd line" of KH. I honestly do not remember if we've gotten more info about this 3rd line since then. I think we were speculating it was related to the D+ series?

yuyayuzu

Awards
Ugh, Ven been used as a pawn again
So, it is Ava after all?

yuyayuzu

Awards
Rough translation part 1. Pardon me if I have mistakes
part 1 translation
Maleficent: This is .. the real world?
darkness: Yeah, congrats for your escape
Maleficent: The current era?
Darkness: No, the time is still the past time.
You just return to the real world from the data world
Maleficent: Sophisticated as hell
Maleficent: So, how do I return to the current time?
Darkness: Get inside this pot
Maleficent: What?
Maleficent: If it is like that, why I not just directly go there without going back to here?
Darkness: Just now, it is just transporting you from data world to real world
It is not doing any time-travel
Maleficent: Why not directly doing both action?
Darkness: The machine is not that can-do-it-all
Darkness: Just like what has been said before, this machine is supposed to travel to other world
Maleficent: Hmph, well then whatever. So, this time it can return me to the real world right?
Darkness: Yes
Maleficent: By the way, don't you also go to the current era?
Maleficent: You can also ride that thing since you don't have a body right?
Darkness: You don't need to know anything else
Darkness: And I also have things to do here

Any

Awards
Ugh, Ven been used as a pawn again
So, it is Ava after all?

More like Darkness disguising as Ava. Before this update, it was suggested and speculated by the characters (Brain) that Darkness changed their appearance to impersonate as Ava.

To be honest, I don’ think it would make sense if it was the real Ava. If she didn't want Strelitzia to have the book, she could've essentially requested that Strelitzia give the book back and offer it to Ven. Or give the book to Ventus from the get go, instead of Strelitzia.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
More like Darkness disguising as Ava. Before this update, it was suggested and speculated by the characters (Brain) that Darkness changed their appearance to impersonate as Ava.

To be honest, I don’ think it would make sense if it was the real Ava. If she didn't want Strelitzia to have the book, she could've essentially requested that Strelitzia give the book back and offer it to Ven. Or give the book to Ventus from the get go, instead of Strelitzia.

It certainly was extreme, but we were told that Ava is the only one among the Foretellers who is capable of doing what needs to be done, so 8D

yuyayuzu

Awards
Part 2 ( I am sure I have some mistakes but pardon me)
part 2 translation
Ephemer: Is Ven okay?
Skuld: I put him in the bed
Maybe because of the shock, he slept after a while
Ephemer: I see
Skuld: Since he keeps holding his head, maybe he faint because of the sudden memory of the truth
Skuld: This means Ven's also a victim right?
Skuld: If you know something, please tell us
Blaine: It is not that I know the detail
Blaine: But judging from Ven's dialouge , Ven is at the place where Strelitzia vanishes
Blaine: Which means this maybe someone's work
Ephemer: Darkness?
Skuld: Eh?
Blaine: It seems like that darkness is more active nearby that what we have thought

D

Deleted member 252753

Yeah it doesn't make much sense. Though it's possible that if Ava is Darkness she might have a reason for killing Strelitzia and allowing Ven to be exposed (like maybe getting Lauriam to be mad to set up a conflict between the leaders or something).

Reactions: Any

yuyayuzu

Awards
Part 3
part 3
I will call the right black coat rbc and the left lbc
rbc: sigh..
rbc: sigh...
rbc: sigh...
lbc: What? What is it? What are you sighing from just now
rbc: In the end, we have to the end the world because darkness won't disappear until we find how to escape this world.
This means we cannot win against darkness isn't it?
lbc: Oh I see, you are dissatisifed because cannot win against darkness
rbc: Of course
rbc: We keyblade wielders purpose is to fight against darkness after all. But in the end we just run away like a chicken because we cannot win
lbc: That phrase of running away like chicken sounds bad
rbc: But it is like that, isn;t it?
rbc: Even if the world change, we still only can run away
lbc: Luxu-kun, even if I have taught you so many things about your special task it seems that you still don;t understand anything
rbc: What do you mean?
lbc: You think too much
lbc: When you think too much, you reach to the wrong conclusion. Or even, think there is no asnwer
lbc: You will know the answer someday
rbc: You mean I need to wait?
lbc: Since there is progress, there will be result
rbc: Sigh..
lbc: What? What the hell?
rbc: I cannot accept that I have to wait for uncertain time
lbc: You want to live in a place that you know all things that wait for you? (This here means you know the result no matter what you do )
rbc: No, that's
lbc: There is one way to against darkness
rbc: Eh?
lbc: But it is not easy. You need many steps and time.
Not just one or two circle of lives
lbc: That's why we need to escape this world. Need to end the world
Need to throw away the time and the root of the world.
This all is done to win against darkness

Back