• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Two theories I had for DDD (easily 1 of my longest posts).

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
1.) We sure did see a lot of Xehanort in the latest trailers, didn't we? Ansem, Xenmas, Master Xehanort, Apprentice Xehanort & even what we're guessing to be teen Xehanort. The 1st thing that confuses me is MX, how can Sora & Riku be at the end battle of BBS? For that matter when did Mickey confront MX during that event? I originally concluded it was foreshadowing for a future event. But maybe it really is a flashback.

The next mystery is the AX flashback. Namely, where in the structure of the game's story does it occur? I mean you can't just randomly jump to a scene from the past, there has to be some sort of context to when it occurs in the game.

& the third mystery, why exactly are we running into Ansem & Xenmas again? I know they're dreams & not really back, but still why is Sora & Riku encountering them?

Given that its KH, obviously a bunch of mysteries surrounding the same character in the same game must be connected somehow, thus I came to realize my 1st theory: The Realm of Sleep is comprised entirely of Xehanort's memories. Sora & Riku are retracing the steps of Xehanort's own past. As such The flashback of AX attackng the other apprentices is something Sora or Riku will witness before their very eyes in the same way they'll witness the KBG battle 1st hand. XH, Xenmas & YX all appear because Xehanort obviously has memories of himself.

& the Disney worlds you may ask? He's been to all of them before. BBS painted him as a sort of nomad prior to the game's events, undoubtedly he's been to many worlds in that time. Heck, we already know he has a history with Space Paranoids as AX. The reason why these worlds are trapped in RoS is because of something he did to them during his travels.

The real clincher for this idea IMO is Yen Sid. He sent Sora & Riku to RoS to prepare them for the upcoming battle with Xehanort. Its quite fitting wouldn't you say, that this preparation involves them learning more about their enemy?

2.) The absolute lack of Kairi outside of the "recapping the series" CG is downright perplexing. She didn't play much of a role in KH2 but she still showed up in trailers long before that one came out. The main reason it sticks out to me is because DDD is developed by the same team that did BBS, yet DDD only seems to have 2 main characters as opposed to BBS's 3. I can't help but imagine the Osaka staff themselves thinking something's missing with just 2 characters.

Another thing I've been wondering is the alleged difference in Sora's & Riku's gameplay. Nomura once said he was thinking of making their gameplay distinct from each other, much like in CoM with R/R. But quite frankly, I'm not seeing it. One demo report even said they had the same reality shift ability in Country of Musketeers. Their gameplay just doesn't doesn't all that fundamentally different from each other. Some exclusive deck commands or command styles but largely identical.

So again I put 2 & 2 together & came up with my 2nd theory of the day: Kairi gets a scenario that's the equivalent of a Reverse/Rebirth bonus mode. Square hasn't shown anything of it yet simply because its an unlockable story after beating the main game. Basically it goes down like this:

Sora/Riku go to a world in RoS----->restore said world back to RoL-----> Yen Sid sends Kairi to the restored world in RoL to lock it down so it can't ever go back to RoS or RoD.

As such the same worlds are used but there are several ways in which Kairi's gameplay differs from the other 2:

A. No dream eaters. Heartless fill the role of fodder enemies.
B. No drop gauge, unless she's tag teaming with Mickey but I highly doubt that'll happen.
C. Kairi can't use freeflow movement. She gets a new game mechanic in its place as taught to her by Yen Sid (there'll be a period of time before S&R restore their 1st world for her to get some training done)

& D, she obviously doesn't get dream eater party members in RoL but I'm conflicted in what the alternative is. Having her go alone doesn't sound right, being the least experienced she's in more need of back-up than S&R. Then I thought of summon gems returning, that "pet" disney character like Dumbo, Stitch & Mushu would fill the dream eater void, but that's for a game with a 2 year development cycle I wonder if that's getting to be more than they can fit in. Maybe then a pair of permanent party ala D&G. Hayner/Pence/Olette might be possible but Hayner's the only 1 of the 3 with known fighting ability.

& then I saw this post:
Or for fan reasons let's say that Lea will protect her in time of need. :p
Hm, come of think of it this makes some sense. Isn't "trust" the theme of this game? So far I haven't seen it pop up much. But Axel & Saix had kidnapped Kairi before, so imagine the trust issues that would come up if she were force to party with Lea & Isa! But if they can fit in the Disney summons, I totally prefer that option.

The scene of Maleficent in the JF trailer could relate to a Kairi scenario, she is after 1 of the PoH spoken of. Maleficent may "haunt"Kairi in the same sense that XH & Xenmas are haunting S&R. Even with training by Yen Sid, party members & on the field experience fighting heartless it'll still be hard to believe she'd defeat Terranort or some other original villain so Maleficent may finally get the honor of final boss status. Or maybe it'll be Marluxia's somebody just to get him out of the picture. Kairi would be getting payback on Namine's behalf in that regard.

3.) In conclusion I find a symmetry in the 2 theories: Sora & Riku's stories tell the past while Kairi's tells the present. Combined they give the player the whole picture in preparation for KH3. Though I will admit that theory 2 isn't actually very likely to happen but I can dream, can't I?

& I have no idea how the dream eaters fit into Theory 1. :(

KHHacker6595

The reason the worlds are in the realm of sleep has nothing to do with Xehanort, their there because fragments of worlds that traverse town held together during Kingdom Hearts 1 never returned to their full worlds after the events of the game. Traverse Town developed its own heart and Keyhole so when the worlds were being restored it put that world in a state of sleep. The worlds where going to are basically events that never transpired in specific worlds.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Tron is tied to Traverse Town? That's news to me.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I like the first theory, but the second one seems like it's stretching out just a bit. Gameplay with Kairi and Axel? As much as I'd like that I just can't see that happening.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I agree with the first theory somewhat in the sense that Xehanort's memories are residing in the Realm of Sleep, but I don't agree on the entirety of it being connected to Xehanort. I imagine that if you're in the realm of sleep, whether a world or an actual person, you dream. The worlds dream up people who may not have fallen into sleep like them (Pinocchio & Geppetto in Prankster's Paradise and Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Minnie in the Country of Musketeers.) But actual people in the Realm of Sleep dream up their memories, giving them physical form like all of the Xehanorts showing up or whatever. Will Riku and Sora visit Xehanort's memories? I don't know. Maybe?

KHHacker6595

not all of the worlds have ties to Traverse Town, basically these are all worlds that have events that never got to occur due to the heartless destroying there world in Kingdom Hearts. The world where the original ENCOM program existed was destroyed and so the inevitable Tron: Legacy events ended up in the Realm of sleep. The same can be said about The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pinocchio. The Three Musketeers world is the events between Timeless River and Disney Castle that explain how Mickey became King. These events never happened in the same way because of Sora Donald Goofy and Petes intervention in Timeless River in Kingdom Hearts II. These events thus conspired in the Realm of Sleep. Traverse Town is the hub world if you haven't forgot, you can clearly see portals in images of the world, these portals lead to the different worlds. This Traverse Town is both a new Traverse Town due to the new districts and The World Ends With You Characters and the old Traverse Town. It acts as a gateway to access worlds. This is far from just a theory at this point, I have plenty of evidence to back it up.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
not all of the worlds have ties to Traverse Town, basically these are all worlds that have events that never got to occur due to the heartless destroying there world in Kingdom Hearts. The world where the original ENCOM program existed was destroyed and so the inevitable Tron: Legacy events ended up in the Realm of sleep. The same can be said about The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pinocchio. The Three Musketeers world is the events between Timeless River and Disney Castle that explain how Mickey became King. These events never happened in the same way because of Sora Donald Goofy and Petes intervention in Timeless River in Kingdom Hearts II. These events thus conspired in the Realm of Sleep. Traverse Town is the hub world if you haven't forgot, you can clearly see portals in images of the world, these portals lead to the different worlds. This Traverse Town is both a new Traverse Town due to the new districts and The World Ends With You Characters and the old Traverse Town. It acts as a gateway to access worlds. This is far from just a theory at this point, I have plenty of evidence to back it up.

Has it really been stated that The Country Of The Musketeers is the same world as Disney Castle/Disney Town/Timeless River, since evidence so far points that it is a new world all by itself.

Sora says something along the lines of "Is this a world the king visited before....." (I can't remember the rest).

And Mickey says something like "I'm in this world pretending to be a musketeer for something too."

Plus, Mickey has knowledge of other worlds.

Minnie was never actually shown in Timeless River, so for all we know this could be her homeworld, since she is the Princess.

And MATSGY, the only thing I can see wrong with your theory....would have to be that the RoS isn't Xehanort's Memories.

Though, at least as a possibility I've been thinking of, maybe the reason why Xemnas and Ansem are in the worlds, may be because they actually visited those worlds during those times. Since so far, they are not shown in any other worlds.....while Young Xehanort seems to be in multiple worlds.

And with your theory, the one thing I actually liked, was thinking of Lea and Kairi teaming up to defeat Marluxia's Somebody, and/or Maleficent.
But I don't see Isa being good to start out with at least. He seems more evil, than just accepting to team up with Kairi, even if he'd be helping Lea aswell.

But your thing with Maleficent, would make sense. But for now, I'm just gonna say that it's so they can still add Kairi into the story....having Maleficent want the PoH again.

KHHacker6595

Has it really been stated that The Country Of The Musketeers is the same world as Disney Castle/Disney Town/Timeless River, since evidence so far points that it is a new world all by itself.

Sora says something along the lines of "Is this a world the king visited before....." (I can't remember the rest).

And Mickey says something like "I'm in this world pretending to be a musketeer for something too."

Plus, Mickey has knowledge of other worlds.

Minnie was never actually shown in Timeless River, so for all we know this could be her homeworld, since she is the Princess.
That is an interesting point backed up by facts, but I honestly think that the reason Mickey has knowledge of other worlds is because even at this point hes already met with Yen Sid. I don't think Mickey means hes from another world, I just think he means hes pretending to be a Musketeer for his own reasons. What Sora says is just him being confused. But you do have a good point, but I think this would be too good of a plot to waste, this really would show how Mickey became King and how Donald and Goofy became his Royal Wizard and Knight respectively. I mean if you watch the movie the inside of the Castle looks like it was completely taking from cut scenes in the first Kingdom Hearts. Even Daisy is Minnie's Lady in Waiting in the movie too.

khnerdXIII

Excellently devised theory, friend; it would explain a lot of things. It does have some holes, of course, but I would like to see the things you predict happen! I specifically want more Xehanort; in any form. I need more Xehanort and more of the Organization/their Somebodies! Let's hope you're right!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
but the second one seems like it's stretching out just a bit. Gameplay with Kairi and Axel? As much as I'd like that I just can't see that happening.
Well yes it is. Theory 2 is not so much a prediction as a hope. & mind you Lea is just 1 option for a party member I listed.

And MATSGY, the only thing I can see wrong with your theory....would have to be that the RoS isn't Xehanort's Memories.
Proof? We don't really know much of RoS's origins or why certain worlds went there.

But your thing with Maleficent, would make sense. But for now, I'm just gonna say that it's so they can still add Kairi into the story....having Maleficent want the PoH again.
You just gave me another idea: Kairi does enter RoS when Maleficent puts her in a deep sleep spell.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
readnig your theory about kairi i realized that, if the game doesnt take place 100% in the RoS, we wont have the dream eaters or drop gauge or anything to continue the game....

Hang on, the RoS being Xehanort's memories might not be such a bad theory. Let's think about the Chambers of Repose and Waking for a minute. From events shown in KH2:FM, we know that Xemnas visited the CoR. We know that he sits in there to get memories of his past as Terra and MX back, but HOW do the memories come back? Maybe its just the fact that Ventus sits in the CoW, which is linked to the CoR, and Aqua's armor lies in the CoR as well, but perhaps what Xemnas is really doing here, is entering the RoS! If Xehanort's memories do lie there, then it makes perfect sense for Xemnas to enter the RoS and re-obtain these lost memories. MATSGY is on to something here..

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Hang on, the RoS being Xehanort's memories might not be such a bad theory. Let's think about the Chambers of Repose and Waking for a minute. From events shown in KH2:FM, we know that Xemnas visited the CoR. We know that he sits in there to get memories of his past as Terra and MX back, but HOW do the memories come back? Maybe its just the fact that Ventus sits in the CoW, which is linked to the CoR, and Aqua's armor lies in the CoR as well, but perhaps what Xemnas is really doing here, is entering the RoS! If Xehanort's memories do lie there, then it makes perfect sense for Xemnas to enter the RoS and re-obtain these lost memories. MATSGY is on to something here..

THIS, this makes the most sense I've seen so far. After the battle with Aqua, maybe Master Xehanort and Terra(And to an extension, Eraqus) had their hearts go to sleep. And the worlds in the RoS are worlds Eraqus and Master Xehanort visited in their time as apprentices. But there are other worlds, like Country of the Musketeers or TRON: Legacy, I don't think they would've visited. However, Ventus or vanitas might've, while they trained under Master Xehanort, and since Ventus is asleep, and Vanitas is rejoined in a way with Ventus, so the worlds they've visited may also be in the Realm of Sleep. The worlds Ansem visited can't appear because Ansem never entered the Realm of Sleep. However, Xemnas's can because of what rikus_darkness said. Then, there's the theory about Kairi having her own scenario to play through. And I can support it because the trailer seems to support something's happening back in the Realm of Light. But I can't support Isa siding with them. I just can't see him switching sides like that. Lea makes sense, though. Maleficent, Isa, and Marluxia's somebody could be bosses. Maybe Mickey could be her second companion? Or maybe Lea will be her only companion like in Birth by Sleep or 358/2 Days. Perhaps one of the other Organization member's somebodys could be her second companion. Larxene's somebody could be a boss, too, and Even, and Dilan, and Braig. They could meet Ienzo and Aeleus and Demyx and Luxord's somebodys. Nomura DID say that only the first half of the game would be their Mark of Mastery exam, so Kairi having a scenario could be the backhalf, I guess.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Proof? We don't really know much of RoS's origins or why certain worlds went there.

It's been stated that the worlds are those that fell to darkness. But since Sora defeated Ansem SoD, most of the worlds were restored to the RoL.
Those that weren't restored (For whatever reason, some possibly because of Traverse Town) fell into a comatose state, and the hearts of the worlds went to sleep.
The hearts of these worlds drifted into the RoS, where they stayed.

But for Traverse Town, it developed it's own heart, as seen in KH1 when Sora sealed it's Keyhole, and since the worlds that made it up returned to their original states (For the most part), Traverse Town became "broken" in a sense, and it too fell into sleep, and wound up in the RoS.

MATSGY said:
2.) The absolute lack of Kairi outside of the "recapping the series" CG is downright perplexing. She didn't play much of a role in KH2 but she still showed up in trailers long before that one came out. The main reason it sticks out to me is because DDD is developed by the same team that did BBS, yet DDD only seems to have 2 main characters as opposed to BBS's 3. I can't help but imagine the Osaka staff themselves thinking something's missing with just 2 characters.

The Osaka Team, the ones who did BBS....also did Re:CoM. So I don't think this is much reasoning...as they've had experience doing a dual- and tri- scenario story.
So I don't get how this adds as evidence of a possible Kairi scenario. I'm not denying it, but the reasoning doesn't make much sense.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
ab-rise.gif

"Rise from your grave!"

So the more I think about theory 2 the more it strikes me as improbable that a Kairi scenario would be set in the RoL after the RoS are restored to it. It would require replacing the dream eaters completely with heartless & no multi-protagonist game has gone so far as to give exclusive minor enemies to each hero (well there was the heartless in Secret Episode, but that was FM & only 3 kinds, not a whole bestiary's worth.). So if there were to be a Kairi scenario, it would likely be in RoS for practical game development purposes.

Tying this in with theory 1 I wondered: if Sora & Riku are "haunted" so to speak by XH & Xenmas, wouldn't Kairi as well be dealing with a past form of Xehanort? Then it dawned on me, she had a history with Apprentice Xehanort. AX was the 1 who deported her to DI to begin with. Of course she's long forgotten it but that would part of her story, having long forgotten memories come rushing back. After remembering her original abduction she gets to sort of settle the score by defeating the dream version of AX.

As for how & why she enters RoS to begin with, maybe she & Yen Sid find out that Sora & Riku are big danger because of some development & she rushes to help them or something.

Kingdomon

A Kairi scenario would be kind of good, since she is pretty much useless in the series so far.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well not every character has to be a strong warrior. Being a passive supporting character is not inherently a bad thing. But they did give her a keyblade however briefly in KH2 & if they wanted to pretend that never happened & move on then they wouldn't have made a point to remind us of it in BBS.

& as I already stated, the complete lack of any sign of her so far is fishy. She didn't do a whole lot in KH2 or BBS & they still showed her in previews.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I'm loving these theories, except the RoS being just Xehanorts memories. While i think well go through and see them or have parts based on his memories I don't think the whole RoS are composed of his memories

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
I was thinking of something similar to your 2nd theory, however it was more playing as Terra&Xehanort(unsure of which form) in the RoS, in the past. If you get what i mean. What i mean by both, is that gameplay switches between them just like Sora&Riku.
Like a reverse/rebirth, yeh.

But all these reverse/rebirth theories are a bit of a stretch i think.
Then again, those 2 character slots(next to Riku and Sora) in the character section of the main page are really suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back