• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers Through Music

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Here's Roxas and Ven's themes, KingdomSoul. If you want to hear Roxas' theme in Vanitas' theme, just go to the OP.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I don't really mind that those two share a theme, because Roxas and Ven also have the exact same face, so it's really obvious they're connected. But it isn't quite so obvious for Vantias.

And yeah, Athel, the Terra/Xehanort themes are pretty sweet. I spotted Terra's theme/Fate of the Unknown and Destati in BbS' final boss music, but I never noticed quite how Rage Awakened connected to Terra's theme.

Last edited:

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
thank you for the videos. it is obvious that ven and roxas have the same theme with small variations. although i cant easily hear ven's theme inside vanitas'. Vanitas theme is awesome!!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The Japanese version didn't have Sora's voice :/
Seriously, even without his mask the Japanese version of Vanitas STILL didn't sound like Sora at all, he sounded just like Riku's voice in Sora's face. Sort of like Billy Zane's voice in Riku's face in KH1. But the English version just gives it away... you'd think he'd atleast try to keep Vanitas's identity a secret.

I remember lots of people saying "well gee that sounds like Miyu Irino".

MM125

Sora's theme doesn't even play that much, so if you notice the connection between the songs, you're probably a diehard fan who already knows it.

Kyonne

Well it's not only with the eng version, Japanese Vanitas' also the same voice actor as Sora, the difference is that the japanese dude cares about changing his voice, not only that but he also made it looks like Riku, which is cool because a lot of things about Vanitas point out to Riku

And am i the only one who simply can't hear Roxas' theme in Vanitas'?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I remember lots of people saying "well gee that sounds like Miyu Irino".

I was one of 'em. ^_^

I had suspicions on Vanitas' appearance since the TGS2009 trailer. I hardly ever listen to the Japanese KH stuff, and I recognized Miyu's voice immediately.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well it's not only with the eng version, Japanese Vanitas' also the same voice actor as Sora, the difference is that the japanese dude cares about changing his voice, not only that but he also made it looks like Riku, which is cool because a lot of things about Vanitas point out to Riku

And am i the only one who simply can't hear Roxas' theme in Vanitas'?

Well, Miyu was probably directed better than Haley during recording. The directors here seem pretty...lax, compared to in Japan. Aside from that, Nomura did say he'd been wanting to voice a villain for some time now, and got a bit carried away ^^

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Well, Miyu was probably directed better than Haley during recording. The directors here seem pretty...lax, compared to in Japan. Aside from that, Nomura did say he'd been wanting to voice a villain for some time now, and got a bit carried away ^^
is that true? is that why the japan actor did so well? maybe HJO just isnt as motivated as this guy was.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
is that true? is that why the japan actor did so well? maybe HJO just isnt as motivated as this guy was.

I haz teh proofs for you :D

-- Of course the reason you chose Miyu Irino for Vanitas’ voice is because they have the same face?

NomuraOf course. Except he doesn’t sound anything like Sora, does he? Irino has kept saying from long before that he wanted to play an evil guy, so he got sort of carried away with it (laugh).

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
well sora and vanitas having a connection was hinted a lot so similar music wont be much of a shock.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Kyonne, Roxas/Ven's theme is at 1:07 in Vanitas' theme. It's the same theme that plays at 0:09 in Roxas' theme. Both songs are in the spoiler below.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, you have to pay attention to hear it out, but both themes, Ven's and Vanitas's, have elements of both Sora's and Roxas's themes in it.
The difference is, beside the also for both themes existing unique parts, that the Sora's theme-parts in Vanitas's theme are more dominant than the parts of Roxas's theme.
For Ven's it's the exact opposite.

Also, I noticed that all three of the TAV-Trios character themes contain parts of "Fate of the unknown", but in Aqua's theme it's the most noticable, at least for me, lol.
I'm also still a tad dissappointed "Fate of the unknown" wasn't even used once in BBS itself, it's such an epic song, just like "Fragments of Sorrow", Xehanort's battle theme in final episode.

Grey

meh I just never liked it, compared to the others. its my least favorite, its too upbeat for me

The thing is, Sora's is the only one that's actually upbeat. Kairi's, Riku's, Aqua's, Namine's, Xion's, and especially Roxas's and Ven's are all sad or melancholy. At the very least, none of those are upbeat or happy-sounding. It unfortunately makes Sora's theme seem out-of-place, because it's upbeat. Even Terra's is not upbeat (it's more intense than anything--it reminded me of the Hollow Bastion theme and contained bits of Fate of the Unknown). Poor Sora's the odd one out.

But that makes me like it and makes me sort of dislike the others more. Roxas's, Ven's and Xion's all deserved to be sad-sounding, but I feel like, as much as I like Riku's, it could have been a little more excited or at least sinister-sounding.

Jakek9

My friends could never guess who Vanitas was voiced by. I thought it was so obvious, and some of them were pretty big fans. Meh/ Whatever, I would have never noticed the theme if I would have ignored this thread.

NoObHaTeRxp

I think the real question now is: If the theme songs do point to connections between people, maybe someone who is better at music then I am should listen to MF's theme and see if there is anything there. If it hasn't already been done that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back