• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers - Theory about a definitive edition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AegisXIII

Awards
Although Nomura specifically mentioned he won't make a final mix out of KH3, he was more ambiguous about a potential physical release (latest interview about reMind). Besides, now that we know there are two new teams dedicated to Kingdom Hearts, anything can happen.

I will try to detail my theory about a definitive editionof KH3. Note that I won't talk about the price of the dlc, wether it was worth or wether I would like to buy the game again. All I care about is the final product that KH3 could be.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wallflower3582

I like the concept, but I'm not sure if that would really help the pacing much once you got to the ReMind scenario. One of the complaints people had about the whole KG segment in the first place was that it felt like fight after fight after fight, and throwing ReMind in after the climax of defeating MX to have more fights might feel… off. I think it would work better if it was still seperated from the main game, like this maybe:

1. All the bonus scenes from ReMind that don't rely on time travel are reinserted into the main story, but game still ends like normal.
  2. Game ends. Credits roll, original ending cutscene plays, everything is basically the same except for those extra scenes in the KG.
  3. ReMind is available as a secret episode like how Aqua got her own secret episode in BBS. Remove all the bosses from KG that we've already done, but yeah, throw in a couple bonus hard ones like Anti-Aqua and Dark Inferno again, show briefly what's happening on the outside like you said, leave in the Guardians fight and Mickey's final stand, plus the Kairi/Sora vs. Xehanort fight. True ending plays.
I think this might work a bit better. If you went straight into ReMind at the end of the base game, it would make all the stuff that just came before it a little anticlimactic. By making a secret episode, maybe one you get for finding all the lucky emblems like with the "Yozora" secret movie, you retain the climactic elements of both of them but fix a few plot holes by adding in those extra KG cutscenes to the base game. Then the Kairi/Sora vs Xehanort fight could still feel like a big deal without minimizing the impact of the previous final boss, like how Aqua vs Terra-Nort didn't undermine the actual ending of BBS.

Just my thoughts. I do like the idea of somewhat merging them in a physical release later though…

Edit: if we did get a final mix (I know Nomura said he wouldn't but he's lied before…), I think it would be awesome to get Kairi and Lea's training and some of Riku and and Mickey's adventures added as bonus scenes too. That's just a pipe dream tho

AegisXIII

Awards
I like your idea as well. Remind should remain a separate episode like bbs, mainly for its ending that has a greater impact this way. But it should focus only on Sora quest to find Kairi without rehash content.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I agree that remind feels like a boss rush. But it felt like this considering its price. If it was bundled in a final mix package without the KG segment, no one would complain because we wouldn't judge it based on its price. We would simply see it as a very nice side quest. Removing the 1 hour of rehashed cutscenes would make it shorter yes, but also more focused. Now it feels like they want to show all they have been working on during the past year in a messy pack. All those elements are amazing taking independently. They just need to be placed in the correct order.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Since Nomura mentioned that they might think of something when a new console will arrive. I think one theory could be that one of the team is in charge of maintaining the old titles (since xbox remix will arrive soon) and we can hope that one day there will be a gigantic pack: Kingdom Hearts - The Seeker of Darkness Saga- with all this ideas put together.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Square Enix's Fiscal Year ends on March 31, so the new one starts on April 1st. It's possible we might see a re-release or two for their new FY. Maybe a Definitive Edition of KINGDOM HEARTS III with the DLC integrated and/or a Re:COMPLETE Collection with every single KH entry, KHIII and Re:MIND.

AegisXIII

Awards
I like the idea. And I like the title Re:Complete. Definitely possible with Nomura. 😂

AegisXIII

Awards
I wouldn't worry about that. They will make a movie about it to justify buying the new package. It would be called Kingdom Hearts - Another X -

Back