• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

*SPOILERS* The new death scene

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I agree with everything you say. I liked how his original death scene highlighted Xehanort's humanity, because in the end he was a corrupted human, and so I don't think his death should be similar to that of Ansem or Xemnas. And even if it comes from nowhere narratively, I personally think Xehanort's speech about the world falling to ruin and the world needing a leader was brilliant.

In the new death scene, Armoured Xehanort doesn't really seem to have any personality at all, he's just something to be obliterated by a massive beam of light. In my headcanon, the Armoured Xehanort here is not exactly Xehanort, but his darkness personified, 'barely human' like the replicas who combine to form him. So for me the base game's version is his true death and the new one is more about the triumph of light over darkness than Xehanort himself
The way I viewed the scene, the Guardians of Light are fighting Xehanort's physical form on the outside, which is moving mostly autonomously. The focal point of Xehanort's struggle is inside of his heart against Sora, Donald, and Goofy, and as a result he just lets the darkness take care of things on the outside. I theorize that the moment the Guardians destroy his physical body on the outside is the moment when Xehanort loses the beam fight on the inside, and the reason he is suddenly so much weaker afterwards.

Both endings actually happen at the same time, and then Xehanort's passing the X-blade and accepting defeat is the true ending either way.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Edit: I just don’t see them as a Disney characters, disney own them I’m aware but I’m talking about a Disney character that was made by Disney that belong to the line up of Disney villains, same with kairi she is not a Disney princess and doesn’t belong among the Disney princess lineup, the only character that feels like a mix of square and Disney is Sora.

The official Disney Princess lineup is a merchandising line that does not represent their entire roster of characters.

Foxycian

Awards
The official Disney Princess lineup is a merchandising line that does not represent their entire roster of characters.
I only mentioned kairi for the defense of xehanort, xehanort is owned by Disney but I still don’t view him as a Disney villain, For me seeing him as a Disney villain is not really a bad m thing or anything since I love Disney villains, but overall his a kingdom hearts villains and closer to final fantasy villains more then Disney, if I have to rank him from my point of view then he will be
1.kingdom hearts (main villain)
2. Square enix (final fantasy type of villain)
3. Disney villain (owned by Disney)
So his all three I guess

Overall that’s my opinion not saying it’s fact^^

disney233

Awards
Why should only Sora be deemed as a Disnry character when no one else should...? At that point, scrap him out and make him only a Square character.

Foxycian

Awards
Hi
Why should only Sora be deemed as a Disnry character when no one else should...? At that point, scrap him out and make him only a Square character.
His goofy nature and clothing style fits Disney but at the same time his desgin is like final fantasy characters so his a mix of both not saying his just Disney, his look is more cartoony then the other characters who tend to look serious and more final fantasy in style.

Violet Pluto

Awards
He was going to sacrifice everyone to create a new world order, sure he would he would protect the new people of his world, the strong ones that is, anyways "everyone"I would hardly call a few.
The reason I believe he was acting selfishly and not for the people is because of what he said in REMIND
to the MoMs. He claimed his tour showed him that the weak are forgetting their place and trying to be strong which in his eyes is throwing off the natural order and create extra darkness. To me that means he had a twisted sense of justice and believed the weak have no right to be strong and if they do they become an evil thorn in the order.

So i could see him protecting his people yes, but only as long as they stay in line
"The weak are forgetting their place and trying to be strong... throwing off the natural order and creating extra darkness" Is off from what was said. He basically said that the weak stole power and then said that they earned it. They carry darkness and say that it is light. Then they will do anything necessary to justify their actions because they can't handle being in the wrong. The people are hypocritical and with hypocrites leading the worlds, they would all fall into darkness.

Wow, fell asleep before pressing "Send." But Xehanort believes that by recreating this world from Darkness he can bring that he can bring the cycle to an end. It's less about the weak or the strong and more about putting things in place to bring order to the chaos that is in people's hearts.

Foxycian

Awards
"The weak are forgetting their place and trying to be strong... throwing off the natural order and creating extra darkness" Is off from what was said. He basically said that the weak stole power and then said that they earned it. They carry darkness and say that it is light. Then they will do anything necessary to justify their actions because they can't handle being in the wrong. The people are hypocritical and with hypocrites leading the worlds, they would all fall into darkness.

Wow, fell asleep before pressing "Send." But Xehanort believes that by recreating this world from Darkness he can bring that he can bring the cycle to an end. It's less about the weak or the strong and more about putting things in place to bring order to the chaos that is in people's hearts.
I could’ve not said it any better 👍

Darkness Call

Eh I've seen that excuse so many times in anime and different media. I really don't think he was looking out for anyone but himself the disillusioned usually use that as excuse to justify their actions but in reality they just want to make things better for themselves

and I'm pretty sure he did have a problem with weak people and believed in survival of the fittest

Last edited:

Violet Pluto

Awards
Eh I've seen that excuse so many times in anime and different media. I really don't think he was looking out for anyone but himself the disillusioned usually use that as excuse to justify their actions but in reality they just want to make things better for themselves

and I'm pretty sure he did have a problem with weak people and believed in survival of the fittest
1. I can actually understand where he comes from since I've been seeing a lot of it IRL as I've grown up.
2. His philosophy doesn't have anything to do with survival of the fittest, in fact he never says anything to that effect.
3. Ironically you are accusing him of the very same thought process that he wants to fix, and thus legitimizing his argument even if I feel it doesn't fit him.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
His motivations have been done so many times in the media that I've grown numb to this trope. The shounen genre alone is over saturated with it. I think it could've been easier for people to accept the scientifically curious trope because KH2 sets up apprentice Xehanort and how his curiosity leads to conflict.

Many fans got a different perception of MX from BBS and then they're told different? A villain's motivation can be vague but they should not be tonally different from what's presented.

butteronbread

Thing is I don't like old man Xehanort's new motivation in KH3 when his motivation in BBS and DDD was good enough.

What do you mean new motivation? His motivations don’t change between games, they just elaborate on the ‘why’, why he believes the things he believes. Imo the treatment of MX is one of the few things I feel they nailed in KH3. I always felt his motivations were too vague in previous games and leaning a bit too hard on the “just cause I can” end of the spectrum and I find that they adequetly explained why MX would go through all of this trouble to literally destroy everything. As much as I love pure evil villains, KH’s story is far too grandiose for the main villain to do what he does “just cause”.

D

Deleted member 252753

What do you mean new motivation? His motivations don’t change between games, they just elaborate on the ‘why’, why he believes the things he believes. Imo the treatment of MX is one of the few things I feel they nailed in KH3. I always felt his motivations were too vague in previous games and leaning a bit too hard on the “just cause I can” end of the spectrum and I find that they adequetly explained why MX would go through all of this trouble to literally destroy everything. As much as I love pure evil villains, KH’s story is far too grandiose for the main villain to do what he does “just cause”.
I think he's implied to want to remake the world in BBS but he says in the BBS reports that there is actually too much light in the world and there needs to be more darkness to restore the balance in the world. But at the end of KH3 he thinks that darkness has swallowed the light, leaving nothing but ruin, and that there needs to be less darkness, not more.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

The issue lies with the tone of Master Xehanort's character. It all starts with Apprentice Xehanort in vanilla KH2, the seeds of curiosity that bred more conflict and brought the Heartless into the worlds. So you have a scientist that wants to know more about hearts and power, and later we find out that he wants to see what lies "beyond". His actions serve his morbid curiosity as he has no qualms sacrificing the lives of others for his gains.

What does he gain by remaking the world through 3's backstory? Justice? For what? He didn't care for balance when he threw the Land of Departure into chaos or when he brought pain and destruction into the lives of people that did nothing to upset the balance. Add MoM to the mix and things get messy. I suspect they added more backstory so they could have something to ease MX's redemption. The tone is off between 2/BBS/DDD and 3.

Hirokey123

Awards
I think he's implied to want to remake the world in BBS but he says in the BBS reports that there is actually too much light in the world and there needs to be more darkness to restore the balance in the world. But at the end of KH3 he thinks that darkness has swallowed the light, leaving nothing but ruin, and that there needs to be less darkness, not more.
Not quite but you need his scene in Re:Mind, his reports, and his talk in KH3 to get the full picture.

The gist is he doesn't think balance can't be restored to the world as it is period. Darkness did swallow the light and leave the world ruined, that's a fact of their world's history not his opinion. However in time the world reorganized, darkness was largely snuffed out, and a new order of light was built. The problem is that when he saw this "light" first hand he wasn't impressed, he saw the current light as false light. In his eyes the hearts of people aren't bright they are dark and the light they have that suppresses that darkness is something that WILL break and cave, and when it does the darkness they held back will overrun and destroy them. If it was just some people being inevitably consumed by their own darkness it be one thing, but Xehanort worries that this permeates the entirety of their world. That when the light finally breaks the darkness will consume their world throwing it into chaos.

Xehanort was raised from a young boy to believe his destiny, his purpose, his reason for existing as a keyblade wielder is to protect the world and the people in it in a way not much different from say Sora. Albeit Sora came to that conclusion himself while Xehanort had it drilled into him by his training. The issue comes that he starts to believe this task is impossible, that you can't save the current people or this world, it's just fighting to prolong an inevitable end. Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong, whatever the case is that Xehanort couldn't accept this.

He wandered the world seeking an answer to how to fix things and then he eventually found it in the keyblade war. He believes that if he creates the X-blade re-enacting the keyblade war he would be granted the power to remake the world. Thus Xehanort's path was set, he would return the world to is primordial state of a void of darkness where only the true light of kingdom hearts exists and to do that he would need to crush the false light that exists in order to create the darkness he needed to achieve the power of kingdom hearts. Once he made his new world In time history would repeat itself, people would be born from that light and they would have hearts, and he would be there to ensure when darkness inevitably blossoms in their hearts that this time he would guide them to ensure their darkness doesn't grow out of control and upset the balance destroying the world again.

The problem is beyond the fact that he wanted basically just scrap every living thing disregarding their right to life or the worlds and lives they've built...is that Xehanort planned to control everything. He wasn't going to allow people to live their lives and follow their hearts, he was going to dictate their lives as an all powerful god to ensure the people born create the world HE wants. Which ties back to his belief that the strong have the right to rule and the weak should just yield and be ruled. That is why Sora told Xehanort that he isn't the leader the world needs, because a real leader wouldn't try to control a person's destiny. A leader would let a person do what their heart needs to do, and would be there to support and guide them down whatever path they choose to take being there for them when things get rough. You know the kind of thing Sora does, he doesn't control people he lets them do what they need to and tries to support and help them if they go astray like he did with Riku.

In essence Xehanort is exactly like a Foreteller, you could think of him as being almost like a 7th one. A keyblade wielder with knowledge of the future, who believes if he starts a war he can change the world and guide it. Who is trapped in a cyclical feeling of helplessness and hopeless that the world and people are doomed and he can't do anything but sit by and watch it...which then drives him to act and do things he knows he shouldn't. He even understands he's not the one meant to lead the world but no one else is standing up so dang it he has the power he is at least going to try, even if that means he has to take on the role of a villain and dictator.

Which is why Sora manages to eventually change him, because Sora is anthical to all his beliefs. No matter how many times he tried to break Sora's "false light", no matter how many times he tried to drag him into darkness, no matter how much he tried to predict Sora's actions...he always failed. Sometimes Sora's heart was weak and gave in but his light never truly went out, it always bounced back. Even when he became a heartless his light held on, even when he DIED his heart managed to linger. Granted it did all that because of his friends but that's exactly Xehanort's issue. Sora induces his weird qualities of bright and hopefulness in other people, Sora's presence in the hearts of others makes other people start to challenge what Xehanort's believes to be true, which is to say Sora who is sort of the baseline of a "normal" person in their world is just helping others do what they always could do even if they lost sight of that.

Sora and his friends working together show that Xehanort is wrong. But for the longest time he can't understand that, he can't understand hearts and never has been able to which is why he takes such a cold rigid scientific response to them, the true power and nature of the heart is lost on him. That's why what DiZ said is true, any world any empire Xehanort creates would be empire of ignorance. He couldn't understand hearts and that's why he could never be the leader the world needs, so he was going to create a world where he didn't need to understand to lead...where he could just control everyone though his sheer power over the world. Just like his organization where instead of make a group of different people he unifies as comrades...he saw them as a bunch of meat puppets he just had to manipulate long enough to turn them into himself then he have an organization made by him, ruled by him, and composed of just him.

It's only at the very end after everything and after reconciling with Eraqus that he FINALLY gets it, that it's not too late for the people or for this world. Sora's group have thoroughly checkmated Xehanort and he finally accepts his loss, handing over the X-blade both to stop his plan and also symbolically it's him regaining hope for the world and its people.

AegisXIII

Awards
Actually, could it be that the yellow eyes is a MoM/Luxu thing? I was wondering if the clones were really xehanort or something different that was possessing him. A theory could be that the last boss of the main game is more xehanort ambitions, and the last boss would be the MoM possession ambitions. This could explain why all the eyes of the keyblade are turned red during that fight.
This would also explain why xehanort seems to accept defeat. He is nolonger under the influence of this entity that empowers his heart.

Last edited:
Back