• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers- Sora's Awakening Theories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
I was recently answering a question on a thread, but while answering a question something got me thinking... why does Roxas need to fuse with Sora for him to wake up? I haven't heard an answer for this yet, only different speculations going about...

Theory 1: This theory was the one, I think, is the reason for the two to fuse to wake Sora up from his deep sleep. Before Sora entered the memory pods, but after Sora had defeated Marluxia, Namine told them a way to regain the memories they've lost by going into a deep sleep; while she rearranges the broken links she had made. After Sora agrees with going through with it she mentions that it might not work (or the gyst of her saying something might go wrong) but then she follows up by saying that she'll make it work for Sora. My thought is maybe Namine had trouble getting Sora his memories as she predicted. Perhaps the fact that at the time he was incomplete ad his heart may not have been strong enough to awaken. Then Roxas was needed to make Sora's heart once again complete, and thus giving him enough strength to awaken.

Theory 2: This was another theory I made up due to the recent information about DiZ placing Sora's memories into Roxas. Sora may not ever be able to awaken if he hasn't regained all of his memories. And it was said that Namine was literally taking Sora's memories and placing them in Roxas, so if Sora cannot regain his full memory as promised he would never be able to awaken. So that is an explanation as to why DiZ misplaced Sora's memories, other than to make Roxas forget his old ones of the organization. So if Roxas had rejoined with Sora his memory would have been complete again and thus he awakens with his old memories as promised...

Just two of the options I thought of why Roxas would fuse with Sora. Either him fusing with Sora to makes his memories complete, or him fusing with Roxas to make his heart complete and strong enough to awaken. Keep in mind this is all just speculation...

Last edited:

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Actually I don't believe Roxas was needed at all to wake Sora up, I think DiZ just used it as an excuse to make Roxas fuse with Sora. DiZ wants all the shells gone and destroyed, but he needs Roxas to fuse with Sora so Sora can become strong enough to defeat the Org. I believe the whole plan on DiZ's part was to manipulate Roxas' feelings into making him want to complete Sora. That or Sora just wasn't powerful enough to free himself and needed to be complete.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
There is also this. Many believe that Sora lost his powers while in the pod and the powers went to Roxas. So til Roxas was destroyed, Sora couldn't get his powers back.

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
We're both wrong, someone explained it to me who understood what happened in the game...

You hear a couple times during the prologue that Roxas carries half of Sora and his power. So Sora, as a person, is incomplete without Roxas. Sora has a heart and body and all, so I don't know what *exact* parts of Sora Roxas has, but he's got something (as evidenced by being able to wield Keyblades)

So Roxas was needed to make Sora awaken...

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
They don't explain.. at all... Heh-heh... The most logical seems to be that it is all in Sora's mind (hence why Donald and Goofy are confused when the battle is over) and that Roxas just wanted to see if Sora was strong enough.

Stryder_sdc

the one thing that doesnt make sense thought, is how could sora be awake in CoM and not KH2 without roxas, after all, he managed to awaken from becoming a heartless, but not from going to bed for a quick (one year) nap, hmmm, yea, theory 2

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Sora wasn't locked in a Pod in COM though. The only reason he broke free from the Heartless form was because Kairi used her powers to help his Heart return to his natural form. Namine tells Sora that he might not be able to get out of the Pod but she will help him if he can't. Hence why they go and find Roxas, so they can get all of Sora's powers back and make him strong enough to break free from the Pod.

Ayden

Website
profile.myspace.com
All that makes sense but there is one thing that confuse me, if Roxas has Sora keyblade power then how come Sora was able to use his keyblade in CoM

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Chances are Roxas couldn't use the Keyblade until Sora was put into the Pod. The only time we see Roxas use the Keyblade is during Deep Dive (which happens after COM) and it makes sense since if the Org Traitors wanted the Keyblade, they would have went to Roxas instead of trying to catch Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back