• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

*Spoilers?* Sleep, Dreams, and Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabala011

Well, I dunno how great this theory is, and maybe I'm reading too much into some things, but I got excited when I found a few connections that may or may not be important. So anyway, I was looking at this line from KH2:

Sora said:
"A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory. A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream. I want to line the pieces up. Yours, and mine."

I instantly thought of KH3D, what with its seemingly impossible things happening. In dreams, crazy things can happen, and memories can be changed. But what caught my attention even more was "I want to line the pieces up." I couldn't help relating it to this line from Blank Points:

The pieces lie where they fell...where they wait for him.

So then I thought about the possibilities of maybe rescuing some of the "hurting people" from Blank Points and the end of Coded in a dream world. Because you have to be sleeping to dream, and that would give whole new meaning to the term "birth by sleep."

Add to all of that the "memories buried deep within" that Data-Sora and King Mickey found at the end of Coded, and their content, and we now have definitions for the "scattered dream," the "far-off memory," and "lining the pieces up."

It's not a perfect theory, I know, since it doesn't even account for the fact that Riku is somehow involved, nor does it explain how any of this relates to the Mark of Mastery exam or how there could possibly be new worlds in a dream. I just thought it was some pretty interesting food for thought, and wanted to share.

SoraXVen

Well it doesnt necessarily have to account for the exam as it has been confirmed it will not take up the entire game;therefore being more of a side story as the deeper plot develops.

As for the theory, i'm not sure if I understood it right but what I got is that they will use dreams to make new memories, and because the memories in the heart make the person then that will in return make them different "maybe stronger" people.

If that's right then who exactly are you referring to. Just sora and rikku in 3D or everyone mentioned in blank points?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The "dreams and memories" details were most likely used to describe the Awakenings; I doubt they thought of how important dreams would serve now or the healing of the tormented ones back when they made KH1.

I must say, though, that's a really nice find.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Indeed a nice thought out theory.
It was already subtly hinted anyway that besides memories dreams play an important role in the KH Universe.

So maybe Sora and Riku get to "explore" the far-off memories and the deepest depths of their hearts through dreaming.
There seemingly are some important truths yet to be revealed, and it's quite possible they're obtained by somehow dreaming.

It's already confirmed that no one of the tormented ones will be rescued before KH III, yet this "lining the pieces up" could also refer to setting all the necessary precautions up for the rescue of all those tormented ones on the "to save"-list.
This would also tie in nicely with Nomura's claim that 3D will lay the groundwork for KH III.

@Eraser Rain:
That quote from Sora is from KH 2, not KH 1.
At that time they did have a slight bunch of ideas where the overall story should go. ;)

Ronove

Dreams certainly mean a ton in the KHverse.

Birth By Sleep certainly would indicate as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back