• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) Roxas's Diary Entries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Someone actually translated them, and it makes it so much worthwhile. Not anything new or so, but it's nice to see what he wrote with each event:

0kingdom_hearts: 358/2 Days: Roxas' Diary

Apparently, the Secret Reports you get by the end of the game, and from what I read there, seems to be from different viewpoints. One from Axel, someone else about Axel's actions in Castle Oblivion, and Xion.

Last edited by a moderator:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
They are the same thing.

Either way, don't see why they would lie. Especially if placing kanji at certain times. If anything, that's the best of what we can get.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Roxas should be gigantic after all the ice-cream.
If Nobodies don't gain weight, sign me up. :/

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
My first holiday. But, I didn't know what to do. I was told to do whatever I liked, so I went to the clock tower to eat ice-cream.

Wow.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Is half of this Roxas eating ice cream? Sorry, but it seems like a second grader wrote this ._.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
He must have the worst memory. He never freaking remembers to give Axel the stick or ask Xion whatever.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
We already got that the Organization life is kind of boring. When I kept reading the Novel translations, that's all that kept popping up. The castle is boring. This is boring. There's nothing to do. It's unsatisfying. Larxene was more bothered by this, since she kept bringing it up. In fact, I wouldn't blame her if her attitude came from wanting some fun =P.

And you can't really blame Roxas. He's the penchant of memory problems, minus Xion, I mean. And I do think he does end up giving the stick to Axel. People have commented on it, at least. The competition and its symbolism of it. Though that leads of what you think of Axel and Xion, and the trio as a whole, which can be another thread, so it ends.

Axel gives bad advice, though >.>. Hmph. Roxas, you fool. Trusting him with knowing everything.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I'm pretty sure Axel finds the stick when Roxas leaves or something.

I know I saw the cutscene.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm pretty sure Axel finds the stick when Roxas leaves or something.

I know I saw the cutscene.

Ah, that explains it.

Axel "won" the fight over Roxas.

I LOVE that meaning. It was an awesome insert. More so at the end. Especially since Roxas was wanting to give it to him, but never could.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Ah, that explains it.

Axel "won" the fight over Roxas.

I LOVE that meaning. It was an awesome insert. More so at the end. Especially since Roxas was wanting to give it to him, but never could.
It's awfully sad, though.

Awards
Sorry, but it seems like a second grader wrote this ._.
I actually enjoyed the charm of the diary's simplicity. If you're reading the journal of somehow who doesn't know what a "best friend" or "heart" is, I think "second grader" writing is to be expected. They captured the tone of his innocence.

He must have the worst memory.

What was up with him "forgetting" about the beach on Day 276? :/

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I think that Roxas' diary is sad from his point of view, it really seems like he is trying to understand all that he can, but can't. Learning things like friendship and trying to find out the meaning of his existence. Maybe it's just me, but I like how these diary entries show Roxas' thoughts and feelings. It kind of shows us how his personality is finally formed by the time of KH2

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
It's awfully sad, though.

I find it ironic.

Which is the reason why I like it, even if it's something small. Symbolism is great. Granted, I always knew Axel wasn't that close to Xion as much as he was with Roxas, his attitude was odd when you place them in comparison to each other. And he got irritated when Roxas was off spending too much time with her (I've been in the same situation, and can relate to it. Trust me when I say that in this case, it's Roxas's friendship that matters to him, as that's whose attention he's vying for). In retrospect, he got what he wanted in the end. He won the battle. No more competition. You could even say it was by default, due to Xion's demise. But figuratively, Roxas was planning to give it to him, and now, with the confirmation, did leave it for him along with a note by his bedside. Meaning Roxas reciprocated.

Axel got Roxas for him alone, hence "winner".

But ended up losing him anyway once Xion's story caused Roxas to go find himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back