• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

*SPOILERS(?)* ReMind: Skip Kairi Segments

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Number_VII-2

So I'm about to buy ReMind, but I've been made aware that there are parts of it where you have to play as Kairi. Then I saw gameplay where her and Sora battled Armored Xehanort, and the player CHOSE to play as Kairi instead of Sora. Are all of Kairi's playable segments like that: a choice between her and Sora? Will I ever be forced to play as Kairi at any given point in time, or will I always be given the choice to play as Sora instead?

thanks in advance

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
So I'm about to buy ReMind, but I've been made aware that there are parts of it where you have to play as Kairi. Then I saw gameplay where her and Sora battled Armored Xehanort, and the player CHOSE to play as Kairi instead of Sora. Are all of Kairi's playable segments like that: a choice between her and Sora? Will I ever be forced to play as Kairi at any given point in time, or will I always be given the choice to play as Sora instead?

thanks in advance

You'll always be given the choice to play as Sora.

AR829038

Awards

thanks in advance
There's only one battle in the game where you get to play as Kairi, and for that battle you can choose Sora instead. Though I must say, you're the first person I've known who DOESN'T want to play as Kairi.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
There's only one battle in the game where you get to play as Kairi, and for that battle you can choose Sora instead. Though I must say, you're the first person I've known who DOESN'T want to play as Kairi.
I didn't want to play as Kairi either, but that was because quite a number of people were saying pretty negative things about her gameplay or the way she controlled? Idk but for someone who just wanted to get through the story as quickly and with as little trouble as possible, Sora was the better option lol

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Different strokes for different folks, that's the beauty of having a choice in video games, you get to play the way you want.

Number_VII-2

I've never wanted to play as Kairi and i knew a lot of others who didn't either. It's a whole argument (with more than enough evidence behind it) I've gotten into too many times

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Kairi is unironically slicker than pre-patch KH3 Sora. The patch abilities fixed him, but her combos are actually fun all on their own. She's really just missing airstep and maybe some kind of transformation, but she's the most polished character who's name isn't Sora. Had almost no trouble playing as her.

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
I've never wanted to play as Kairi and i knew a lot of others who didn't either. It's a whole argument (with more than enough evidence behind it) I've gotten into too many times
I've played ReMind multiple times and as someone who picked Kairi each time I got to that fight, I have to say the following. ZOMFG SHE'S SUPER AWESOME AND PRETTY OP!!! Her shotlock is INSANE and if every one of the blasts hits Old Man Xehanort, he loses a pretty decent amount of health. I'm also pretty sure her magic stat is pretty high since she deals a decent amount of damage with spells. I recommend saving RIGHT before that fight and giving her a try as she's alot of fun to use.

Mexican Sora

Awards

I'm the second. I liked playing as the other characters but it felt awkward because I was so used to my own setup. The only one I actually did like was Roxas.

GreyouTT

Awards
Kairi's the second best to play as, and that's mainly because they made Roxas freaking insane.

Back