• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Spoilers) Random theory on why I think Ventus is the reason Lea can wield a Keyblade.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryushin5

Website
carnivalranger.deviantart.com
So I've been thinking about this for a while. Hear me out it might make sense or i'm talking crazy but either way humor me. So if you played KH ux you know that Ventus is from era before the Keyblade war and for some unknown reason he was sent into the future. So around this time he was a Dandelion and was chosen as one of the five to replace the foretellers meaning probably around this point he was a master keyblade wielder.

So in Birth by Sleep you know that Terra and Aqua gave the abilities to wield a keyblade to Riku and Kairi but then you have Ventus who runs into Lea after he drops the wooden keyblade Terra made for him and Lea is the one to pick it up. So maybe just maybe Ventus unbeknowst to him gave Lea the ability to wield the keyblade.

While I know there are some holes in the theory that it wasn't a real keyblade and that Ventus and Lea never held the wooden keyblade at the same time but after finding out Ventus was from the Keyblade war era I might as well just accept that when it comes to Ventus Kingdom Hearts logic kind of just goes out the window and every time we learn something new about him we have even more questions.

Also what also made me come up with this theory beside sleep deprivation was throughout Birth By sleep we saw Keyblade Masters giving the ability to wield a keyblade to people so I thought all 3 of them might have done that. Even though you can probably count Ventus connecting his heart with Sora being the reason why Sora can wield a keyblade but that's neither here nor there.

Anyways what do you guys think? Discuss away.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
The Keyblade was fake so that absolutely would not have worked. Also, you would need to be on the level of a master to choose somebody. Terra and Aqua were, while Ventus was not.

Lea was in a time chamber in DDD after asking Yen Sid for a Keyblade. The entire point of that was to help him train/summon a Keyblade. We don't see it but we can assume Mickey or Yen Sid actually gave him the ceremony.

Even though you can probably count Ventus connecting his heart with Sora being the reason why Sora can wield a keyblade but that's neither here nor there.

That is not why Sora can wield a Keyblade. The Keyblade he wields was because of Riku being lost to darkness and then proving himself, as it was stated in KH1. They've never hinted that Sora got his Keyblade because of Ventus.

Unless you just mean the second Keyblade Sora and Roxas dual-wield, which yes, is explicitly state to be Ven's, but he didn't give him the ability to wield a Keyblade like Terra did to Riku.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
That is not why Sora can wield a Keyblade. The Keyblade he wields was because of Riku being lost to darkness and then proving himself, as it was stated in KH1. They've never hinted that Sora got his Keyblade because of Ventus.

Unless you just mean the second Keyblade Sora and Roxas dual-wield, which yes, is explicitly state to be Ven's, but he didn't give him the ability to wield a Keyblade like Terra did to Riku.

Thanks for this. Sooo many people seem to be under the impression that Sora can only wield because of Ven and if he gives his heart back he can't use a Keyblade anymore.

but then you have Ventus who runs into Lea after he drops the wooden keyblade Terra made for him and Lea is the one to pick it up. So maybe just maybe Ventus unbeknowst to him gave Lea the ability to wield the keyblade.

Merely holding a Keyblade isn't enough to use one. There are other factors involved that are a bit foggy, but generally its been stated as "something in your heart" that makes you worthy. So, while yeah, even IF we assume that picking up a wooden Keyblade could have the same properties as passing an actual Keyblade to a person, they wouldn't necessarily even be able to use that if they don't have the right "qualifications".

I assume it is more like...being officially bequeathed a Keyblade means it kind of...inserts the Keyblade into your destiny somehow. So, like, if you need it and call out to it, it has a chance of being there to answer you. Or so how I like to think about it. But, like in the case with Riku and Sora, Riku was "destined" for it, via the ceremony with Terra, but wasn't able to use it at the time because his heart just wasn't ready yet.

This is why Jack from PoTC can't use a Keyblade even though Sora literally handed it to him to use (as a joke, mostly). Though, I will eat my words if they somehow reference that again in KH3 and have him whip one out out of nowhere.

eiczerofour

Sora got his ability to wield Keyblade because of Aqua, but after Riku was lost to darkness Sora gained his journey.

ryushin5

Website
carnivalranger.deviantart.com
The Keyblade was fake so that absolutely would not have worked. Also, you would need to be on the level of a master to choose somebody. Terra and Aqua were, while Ventus was not.

Lea was in a time chamber in DDD after asking Yen Sid for a Keyblade. The entire point of that was to help him train/summon a Keyblade. We don't see it but we can assume Mickey or Yen Sid actually gave him the ceremony.

Yeah I was referring to the second one i should have worded that correctly. I'm imagining a scenario where RIku did get the kingdom key and maybe somewhere down the line Sora used Ven's Keyblade before getting his own.

Also regarding the master thing I don't think it's certain that Ven isn't a master because in KHUX we meet Ven and realuze he's from the time period of the Keyblade wars and you also find out that he was chosen by the master of masters as one of the five people to replace the foretellers. So there's a possibility that he is a master but for some reason he just ends up in the future with no memory of his past so right now I'm just speculating.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Sora got his ability to wield Keyblade because of Aqua, but after Riku was lost to darkness Sora gained his journey.

No. Aqua considered giving Sora the Keyblade when talked to Sora and Riku in BBS, but she decided not to because she sensed the Riku had been given a Keyblade by Terra and didn't want to cause a rift in their friendship later (which happens regardless). She only asks Sora to help Riku if he goes down a dark path, but she didn't give him anything.

Kairi got her Keyblade from Aqua because she accidentally touched it in Radiant Garden.

Sora did not get his Keyblade from anyone. It has originally Riku's, and then it choose Sora because he proved himself.

Yeah I was referring to the second one i should have worded that correctly. I'm imagining a scenario where RIku did get the kingdom key and maybe somewhere down the line Sora used Ven's Keyblade before getting his own.

Sora can only use Ven's Keyblade because Roxas was able to unlock it when Xion died. It doesn't really make sense for Sora to get Ven's first.

Also regarding the master thing I don't think it's certain that Ven isn't a master because in KHUX we meet Ven and realuze he's from the time period of the Keyblade wars and you also find out that he was chosen by the master of masters as one of the five people to replace the foretellers. So there's a possibility that he is a master but for some reason he just ends up in the future with no memory of his past so right now I'm just speculating.

I don't think they're masters just because the Master of Masters choose them. He assigned them as leaders and Ven even says that he is quite novice and ordinary. The original Foretellers were masters, however, but they were also formally trained by the MoM himself. The dandelions and the all the Union members do not have the same training.

Even so, Ven has lost his memory of KHUX and later also loses his memory when Xehanort splits his heart. He's more-or-less had to start over with training twice (as he's very weak at the beginning of BBS which was the entire point of having him fight the Unversed).

UmbraTsuki

Awards
Terra didn't become a master either, but he was still able to pass on the power. As Terra says in BBS, Ven was training as hard as Aqua and Terra were. Even though Ven had to essentially "start over" with his skills from before, it seems like he's not too far behind Aqua and Terra, so I don't think it's too far-fetched to speculate he may have at one point had enough skills with the Keyblade to be on par with a master.

Granted, either way, I don't think he could have passed the ability through the wooden keyblade... it's an interesting theory, though.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Terra didn't become a master either, but he was still able to pass on the power.

Terra was at the level of a master. Ven was not. The mastery exam was just to earn the title to prove you were a master, and Terra only failed because he couldn't contain his darkness. That was Eraqus's own standard. Eraqus even tells Terra that the only thing standing in the way of him getting the title is him proving that he can control his darkness, not that he isn't qualified or strong enough to be a master. The Keyblade itself doesn't actually care about light/darkness or good/evil.

It's also stated several times (in in-game files, interviews, and Ultimanias) that only a Master can pass the Keyblade on.

Even Nomura states that this is only a matter of title.

Birth by Sleep Ultimania said:
This time we saw a "rite of succession"* - is that a required condition for becoming a Keyblade user?

Nomura: That's essentially correct. In terms of the rite itself, the successee just has to make the successor grasp their Keyblade - if this rite is performed by a Keyblade Master, and if they have suitable power, the Keyblade will choose that person as a Keyblade user, and appear before them. Terra, Ventus, all have passed this rite. Sora is the only exception.

The Keyblade succession can only be performed by a Keyblade Master, but we see Terra performing this rite with Riku - does this mean we can consider Terra a Keyblade Master?

Nomura: No. Terra was not awarded that title by his Master Eraqus, so no matter how Master Xehanort flatters him he is not a Keyblade Master. But that's just a matter of whether or not he's achieved the official title. Even Eraqus recognised that Terra possessed suitable power to be a Master, which is why he was able to perform the rite for Riku.

As Terra says in BBS, Ven was training as hard as Aqua and Terra were.

He means he was putting in the same amount of effort. That doesn't mean he's at the same skill level. He's also a couple of years behind (due to the amnesia) and just because he's younger.

Even though Ven had to essentially "start over" with his skills from before, it seems like he's not too far behind Aqua and Terra, so I don't think it's too far-fetched to speculate he may have at one point had enough skills with the Keyblade to be on par with a master.

I guess you could argue that by the end of the game he was a Master (depending on how you see Vanitas's power and that they needed to be "equal"), but Radiant Garden is in the middle of BBS. He wouldn't have been a Master by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back