• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] - Seeds of Hope

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Whoa guys, I was just reading on Wikipedia about the Greek God of Dreams, Morpheus, and it says 'Morpheus has the ability to mimic any human form and to appear in dreams.'

Doesn't that sound similar to Ava, and possibly Ephemera?

'His true semblance is that of a winged daemon, an imagery shared with many of his siblings.'

eb2b3a641c1c5db549572b0fee874d21.jpg

Is that a wing I see on Ephemera's back?

Also, Morpheus is one the Oneiroi, the Daemons of Dreams:

Morpheus, the Winged God of Dreams that could take human form in dreams, and communicate messages via dreams. (Ephemera?)

Phobetor, the personification of nightmares that could create frightening dreams; he could take the shape of any animal including bears and tigers. (Chirithy/Nightmare Chirithy?)

And finally, Phantasos, who was known for creating fake dreams full of illusions. Phantasos often takes the form of a woman since his dreams usually deceive people. (Ava?)

Wow, that really is some impressive research. So not only do we have Zoroastrian mythology, we also have Greek mythology? I love the references that Nomura is using to dive into the origins of the Keyblade War. This still begs the question, who completes the Chi trio with Ephemera and Skuld?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wow, that really is some impressive research. So not only do we have Zoroastrian mythology, we also have Greek mythology? I love the references that Nomura is using to dive into the origins of the Keyblade War. This still begs the question, who completes the Chi trio with Ephemera and Skuld?

Possibly the character who is actually behind the Nightmare Chirithy, the character representing Phobetor in this reading of mythology.
Then again, CrystalRaine's reading does not make any mention of Skuld and her possible ties to the others, so in this reading the "trio" if there has to be one would be Ephemera (Morpheus), Ava (Phantasos) and Unknown character (Phobetor) with Skuld not actually being part of it.

Besides Skuld being the name of a norn from norse mythology (one of the three most important alongside Uror and Veroandi, so there might be even two trios, although this one would certainly be an all-female one) though, it can also be a short form for skulduggery, which could also fit with the notion of Phantasos.

Sorakh212

Awards
Well that certainly leaves us with more questions than answers! I highly anticipate seeing this whole story in its entirety most likely in KH2.8 later this year. I bet the Dandelions are what started the Land of Departure Keyblade Masters so that there could be some sense of unity focused more on the whole Keyblade lore and possibly a whole bunch of other unknown information at this time. Truly fascinating lore especially for a mobile game of all things!:tongue: Can't wait to learn more soon or in the future.

Xias

Could it be that the Dandelions are related to Xehanort´s keyblade? Dandelion can be traduced to "lion teeth" and the keyblade has a lion in it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Could it be that the Dandelions are related to Xehanort´s keyblade? Dandelion can be traduced to "lion teeth" and the keyblade has a lion in it.

That's an interesting point of view. But I think the concept of dandelions is for those Keyblade Wielders to live on even after the Keyblade War and for them to repopulate the world of more Wielders.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Possibly the character who is actually behind the Nightmare Chirithy, the character representing Phobetor in this reading of mythology.
Then again, CrystalRaine's reading does not make any mention of Skuld and her possible ties to the others, so in this reading the "trio" if there has to be one would be Ephemera (Morpheus), Ava (Phantasos) and Unknown character (Phobetor) with Skuld not actually being part of it.

Besides Skuld being the name of a norn from norse mythology (one of the three most important alongside Uror and Veroandi, so there might be even two trios, although this one would certainly be an all-female one) though, it can also be a short form for skulduggery, which could also fit with the notion of Phantasos.

I really don't think we're going to have two Trio's for Kingdom Hearts X only because of the fact we're already overloaded with Key characters. The currently revealed Key characters are the following: Master Ira, Master Invi, Master Aced, Master Gula, Master Ava, the Sixth Apprentice, Master of Masters, Chirithy, Nightmare Chirithy, Ephemera and Skuld. That totals up to 11 characters. If we consider the male and female default player character as possible contributors then that would tally the character total to 13.

Knowing Nomura and his fascination for the numbers 7 and 13, I really think that one Trio would best define the X series. That being Ephemera (who represents Morpheous), Skuld (who represents Phantasos) and the Sixth Apprentice (who represents Phobetor). The Sixth Apprentice was never branded as a Foreteller because they were not given a tome of Prophecy so it's entirely plausible for them to be the Trio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back