• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] - Seeds of Hope

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was a magazine, not really an official source, and it said that it happened "over" a hundred years. Which is technically true since millenia is more than 100 lol.

EDIT: Oh was it in the Ultimania? I could've sworn it was a Famitsu spread on Unchained/X

It was in the Memorial Ultimania. Give me a minute...

Edit: JK! There is a timeline in the Memorial Ultimania and I got it confused with the special KH issue with the timeline.

The timeline in the Ultimania says it is like a really long time ago xD

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Tbh the "outside world" comment intrigues me most. If it's one world how is there an "outside" world?

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I'd thought that that was a mistranslation! Like, as little to 500-1000 years I could probably get behind. But 100 seemed way too few for that story to have turned into legend, and for no one to know the truth of what had happened.

I personally feel that it's at least 1000 years between BBS and the Keyblade War. (My guess is closer to 8,000 but it'll probably be more like 1000 or 2000 in the actual series)

Anagram

Banned
I personally feel that it's at least 1000 years between BBS and the Keyblade War. (My guess is closer to 8,000 but it'll probably be more like 1000 or 2000 in the actual series)

Ehhhh I'd go farther than that. This is an entire universe predating the current one after all.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Tbh the "outside world" comment intrigues me most. If it's one world how is there an "outside" world?
Here are my thoughts:

You will relive things you have already experienced,
• Although when Sora entered the Realm of Sleep, he didn't relive things he had already experienced, but rather, relived things the Sleeping Worlds experienced.

only in a world just like a dream,
• In a way you could say Sora was in a dream, in another way you could say he was in the memories of the Sleeping Worlds. He was reliving those things the Sleeping Worlds experienced through dreams.

in a space separate from here...
• The Realm of Sleep is most definitely a space separate from here.

With these arguments in mind, it leads me to think that Master Ava was referring to the Realm of Sleep when she said "outside" world.

Vaddix

Awards
Hey everyone, I don't post often, but I noticed something and had to point it out in hopes someone sees it.

The Foretellers' names are all derived from the Latin words for the seven deadly sins.

Ava- Avaritia- Greed
Ace- Acedia- Sloth
Invi- Invidia- Envy
Gula- Gula- Gluttony
Ira- Ira- Wrath

Wikipedia Link for proof, hahah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

Edit: Obviously only five of them, we're missing Pride (Superbia) and Lust (Luxuria), but hey, it's something.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Hey everyone, I don't post often, but I noticed something and had to point it out in hopes someone sees it.

The Foretellers' names are all derived from the Latin words for the seven deadly sins.

Ava- Avaritia- Greed
Ace- Acedia- Sloth
Invi- Invidia- Envy
Gula- Gula- Gluttony
Ira- Ira- Wrath

Wikipedia Link for proof, hahah https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins
I knew there was something familiar about Ursus (Ira) - it's "anger" in Spanish. Also, there was a theory connecting the Foretellers with the Deadly Sins.

Vaddix

Awards
I knew there was something familiar about Ursus (Ira) - it's "anger" in Spanish. Also, there was a theory connecting the Foretellers with the Deadly Sins.

It's actually Unicornis that's Ira, but either way--how neat, that was already a theory out there? I haven't followed Chi super well, so I'm curious what qualities of these folks they noticed that brought on that theory.
(feeling supreme adrenaline from finally having 5 semesters of Latin and a knowledge of Catholic things come in handy)

Hirokey123

Awards
Well in DDD Sora does dream up worlds of his memories, it's just for the most part he wasn't the one who running around in them. Which was good because if Sora got sucked into his own dream he would be closer to the abyss of sleep. That being Xehanort's plan where he forced Sora to sleep for so long that he ultimately got sucked up into his own dream and woke up there. Effectively putting him out of the reach of anyone and cutting him off from "the world above", until Xehanort went and carried his body back up to be used for sinister purposes.

Sounds like Ava is just doing a less sinister version of that. Instead of making the wielders drops so deeply they fall into the abyss of sleep, she is just putting them to sleep and having them wake up within their dream. There they'd walk around a dream daybreak town and live out their memories in perpetual stasis, unchained from the real world. It's the ultimate fallout shelter a world that is cut off from reality existing only sleep where her dandelions would be spared destruction. They then could of rebuilt the world or maybe they are in cold storage still. Personally I think the latter is the cooler direction because it's kind of unsettling to think about.

Especially because Ava's motive for doing so I don't think was very good. She wanted to preserve the keyblade and life be better off if the keyblade vanished forever.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: "outside world"

Ephemera: The Lux that we are recovering is not the light of the worlds from the fairy tale. Those worlds are an illusion, like a three-dimensional projection. What we've been recovering is actually the light of this world.

Strictly speaking, the world we are on now is joined physically to countless existing worlds. But, it's impossible to go to all those worlds to recover Lux. So, we make worlds that never were appear here in this place. This set up is how we can actually recover the Lux of far-off places.

Oh, and! I tried investigating how the system works.

And, I'm pretty sure that the source of those illusory worlds are the Tomes of Prophecy that the Foreteller of each Union holds.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
It's actually Unicornis that's Ira, but either way--how neat, that was already a theory out there? I haven't followed Chi super well, so I'm curious what qualities of these folks they noticed that brought on that theory.
(feeling supreme adrenaline from finally having 5 semesters of Latin and a knowledge of Catholic things come in handy)

We've been discussing it in the walkthrough thread, just read over the past few pages and you'll see it.

Vaddix

Awards
Fiddlesticks, here I thought I was being novel. > < Ah well, thanks for directing me there, Blackdrazon! Glad to see I'm not the only one to see this connection, at least.

radiantmemories

The MoM is male, right? So he couldn't be Ava. But I do think it's really cool we have another female character with depth, and who is powerful and whose proactive actions have a huge impact on the plot. And this game gave us Skuld as well, so I'm extremely happy with it.

Especially because Ava's motive for doing so I don't think was very good. She wanted to preserve the keyblade and life be better off if the keyblade vanished forever.

But without keyblade wielders there is no way to defeat the heartless, right? So aren't they needed?

Also, I got interested as to where the name Anguis came from, as it wasn't a translation of snake in any language, so I looked it up. It turns out it's actually a name for the slow worm, a type of limbless lizard that resembles a snake. Probably doesn't mean anything, but it's still interesting.

I agree with all the points made about the writing. It's amazing (which I definitely wasn't expecting in the beginning) and I hope they can match the quality in KH 2.8 and KH 3.

Thoughts on the plot:
So it looks like Ava isn't the traitor (or at least an actual one, she might still be considered by the other foretellers to be one) like it seemed before we got translations. I think she's telling the truth about stuff. It seemed to be a big end-game reveal, so it would be rather detrimental to the plot to say "just kidding". Plus a lot of the clues seem to fit, and there is still lots of mystery, which is almost always the case when actual reveals are made. Answers in this series always lead to more questions.

It looks like the player still hasn't made it to the tower. Though now there doesn't seem to be an in-game reason to go there so we probably won't find out what's in it, at least in X. I bet it still holds some secrets though. Maybe some of them will be revealed in Back Cover, since that focuses on the behind-the-scenes stuff the foretellers are doing. (Also, maybe the illusion of the tower was created by Ava's tome, since it can create illusions of places. Or can it only create illusions of worlds? If it was the tome that was responsible, and it enabled Ava to change her appearance as well, then it has bad implications, ones that make the theories about heartless actually being illusions of other players seem even more plausible. But then I'm not sure that really fits in with the direction they seem to be taking things.)

If there is meant to be a trio that Skuld and Ephermera are a part of, I would say that the player is the trio's third member. Though I would prefer if that wasn't the case, as I would rather they didn't make every friendship into a trio. That's been done enough, in my opinion.

Lots of new things to spectulate over, which is exciting.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingofgame981

Awards

When I read about this part, my mind keep thinking about the theory of many universes exist together (maybe because I read too many comics lol) with different timeline beside the one we have been experienced from the past titles.

And that what Ava did to the Dandelions cause some of them separated to each universe, some stayed together, and somehow it got involve with the "time travel", because as we have seen from many KH titles, anything could happen. So for example if Kairi's grandmother theory about she is truly a witness, the time travel did bring her time skip from maybe 1000 years into a few number of years. That is why the story about the world once a big light and got broken, children rebuilt it as one sounds like a tale. And Xehanort/Eraque's Master also got involve into this somehow.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It was in the Memorial Ultimania. Give me a minute...

Edit: JK! There is a timeline in the Memorial Ultimania and I got it confused with the special KH issue with the timeline.

The timeline in the Ultimania says it is like a really long time ago xD

That was a mistranslation, it actually said "over a hundred years ago" (the original was, "100年以上"), which I take to mean "at least centuries ago". Besides, Ava really does seem to believe that she'll die.

That's here, in this Famitsu article, and it's not mistranslated, just widely misremembered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
GP I edited your link. It was literally creating an endless stream of pop-ups for me and wasn't KHI's URL for some reason despite being the right page D:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
D: Whoa that's weird... Thank you for fixing it!! I'll look into why that happened...

Hirokey123

Awards
But without keyblade wielders there is no way to defeat the heartless, right? So aren't they needed?

They can be destroyed through purification, a powerful enough light can do the job. But look at BBS times the heartless were basically a non existent presence. Had Xehanort never went around tutoring Disney villains in darkness and never done the heartless experiments the heartless would of remained harmless. Heck if just left alone the heartless are actually pretty useless as they aren't intelligent to do things like find hearts of worlds without someone to guide them. Basically it all comes back to Xehanort who is only in the position to do these things because of the keyblade. The keyblade is what would enable his time travel shenanigans causing his young self to leave the island. Being taken in by a keyblade order was what granted Xehanort a path to immense power and knowledge to do all his evil deeds.

Basically instead of just letting all the wielders kills themselves off so the keyblade would vanish from the world. Instead she is trying to preserve the keyblade and the act of preserving the keyblade is now why the world is faced with a second keyblade war. The world of been better off if keyblades went away as it was the easiest way to make sure there never be another keyblade war.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
subbed videos added to the OP it is 4 am goodbye world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back