• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► SPOILERS Kingdom Hearts X[chi] - Meeting Skuld

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts X[chi] updated on March 3 with several new scenes expanding the main story. This update introduced a brand new character, Skuld, a female Keyblade wielder. It also continues to tease the conflict between the 5 Foretellers, as well as the clash between darkness and light.

We've put together a transcript of the events that took place, with translations thanks to goldpanner.

Edit: English subtitled videos are now available.

The rest of this article contains massive spoilers for the events of Kingdom Hearts X[chi] and Unchained X. 

Scene 1: An encounter with Skuld

(You and Chirithy exit out of a Dark Corridor into Daybreak Town, Fountain Plaza)

Chirithy: Nice job.

(You let out a sigh.)

Chirithy: I know, gathering Lux has been pretty tough lately, hasn't it?

(You protest.)

Chirithy: No, it's just how it is. All the Unions are really going at it hard with gathering right now.

(A voice calls out.)

???: I wonder why we're competing?

(You turn around in surprise. A scowling girl wielding a Keyblade appears out of a portal to confront you)

???: All the Unions share the same goal: to protect the light. But we've found ourselves wanting to rise above the others, to gather more light than the others. At some point our goal changed, didn't it? It isn't right.

(Chirithy approaches the girl.)

Chirithy: Who are you?

(The girl smiles and dismisses her Keyblade, and sits at the edge of the fountain right beside you. You’re surprised by her advancement and change in demeanor.)

Skuld: I'm Skuld. You're [Player], aren't you?

(You nod.)

Skuld: Nice to meet you.

(You shake hands and sit beside her.)

Skuld: By the way, do you know someone called Ephemera?

(You and Chirithy are shocked that she knows of Ephemera.)

Skuld: I guess you're wondering why I'd say that. I was in the same party as him.

Well, that said, it was back when I'd only just become a Keyblade Wielder. He's a bit of a strange one, and after a while, one day he quit the party.

Now, and this is where it gets real, okay, just the other day, he appeared in my dreams, and told me to go with you.

(You’re surprised.)

Chirithy: Why?

Skuld: I wonder? I've brushed with him several times even after he left the party, but we never moved past the level of exchanging basic greetings, so I have no idea why he'd appear in my dreams either.

As you can imagine, I don't know his reasons for telling me to go with you, either. Actually, I came here hoping that if I asked you you'd know something.

(You mention your dream about Ephemera.)

Skuld: Huh? He appeared in your dreams, too?

Did he say anything? What sort of dream was it?

(You explain. Skuld seems upset.)

Skuld: Oh… that's… He told you he was waiting, then…

(She hops off the fountain.)

Skuld: What about going to the place you were meant to go with Ephemera one more time with me?

(You're surprised by her request.)

Chirithy: No, you can't! Lady Ava told you to stay away from there!

Skuld: She told you to stay away specifically because there's something there, then, right? I'm sure this is what Ephemera meant when he told me expressly to go with you.

And, one more thing--

(A huge boom sounds in the distance and the ground shakes, interrupting you. You all turn in that direction, shocked and confused.)

Skuld: What!?

Chirithy: That sounded close, didn't it...

(Skuld summons her Keyblade.)

Skuld: I'll go and check it out!

(She runs off. You summon your Keyblade and chase after her, leaving Chirithy behind.)

Chirithy: Huh? Huh?

Scene 2:  Battle Between Foretellers

(You all run into the town and gaze up at the rooftops to see the Anguis and Ursus Foretellers fighting against each other.)

Skuld: Why!?

Chirithy: Oh...

Skuld: Why would Foretellers be fighting amongst themselves?

(You and Chirithy turn to Skuld, not answering.)

Skuld: What Ephemera was saying is true after all...

(Her words take you aback.)

Skuld: What I was about to say before. Actually, Ephemera said one more thing to me at the end of the dream.

He said the end of the world is near...

Chirithy: What does that mean?

Skuld: I don't know. But, an ending would come suddenly, without prior warning. The same way Ephemera vanished.

(You think for a moment, and make your decision.)

Player: Let's go.

(Skuld and Chirithy are surprised.)

Chirithy: Huh?

(Skuld smiles and nods.)

Skuld: Okay.

Chirithy: Huh?

(You and Skuld head off.)

Chirithy: Huhh?

Scene 3: Mysterious Black Garment

(You and Skuld run into town. A portal opens in front of you and strange dark creatures appear from it to block your way.)

All: 

(One by one, the creatures approach you.)

Creature 1: …..ux….

Creature 2: …...Lux….

Creature 3: Give us….lux….

(You and Skuld prepare to fight.)

Skuld: What are you!

Creature 1: Hand the Lux over!

Scene 4: Nightmare

(You manage to push the creatures back and force them to retreat. Before you can chase them down, Nightmare Chirithy appears before you.)

Chirithy: Who are you?

Nightmare Chirithy: Hey.

(Chirithy recognizes the Nightmare, as the Chirithy who had been meddling with you before.)

Chirithy: You're...

Nightmare Chirithy: In the end Lux is the source of the fighting, so I think you'd better just hand it over to us.

Oh well, you can hang on to it a little longer if you like.

(Chirithy steps forward, still in disbelief.)

Chirithy:

Those colours...

(The Nightmare shows off his new form proudly. Chirithy is upset.)

Nightmare Chirithy: What do you think of my new form?

Chirithy: The darkness has completely tainted you, hasn't it...

Skuld: By the darkness...

Nightmare Chirithy: Why do you hate the darkness so much? Just like the world has night and day, you guys have light and darkness inside you.

What are you afraid of?

Chirithy: Those three just now, they used to be human, didn't they...

Nightmare Chirithy: Yep.

(You and Skuld are horrified.)

Player & Skuld: 

Skuld: Keyblade Wielders… like us?

Nightmare Chirithy: Weak-hearted people fear the darkness, and get swallowed up by it. Accept the darkness, control the darkness, and you can gain true strength.

Those guys aren't using fragments of the Foreteller's power, like you are. They fought you with their own abilities, you know?

How incredibly...

Chirithy: This isn't the Master's teaching...

Nightmare Chirithy: Teaching? That's got nothing to do with this.

The truth about the world isn't something you can just be taught by someone. It's something you learn for yourself.

Chirithy: Who on earth is your player?

(Nightmare laughs.)

Nightmare Chirithy: Heh heh heh… They're close by, you'll find out soon enough.

(The Nightmare disappears.)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Calling it! Skuld is the traitorous Foreteller. She has the same coloured eyes as Xehanort, her Chirithy is not beside her, and most importantly, Ephemera would have mentioned something about her if he was truly affiliated with Skuld.

And to further clarify, Nightmare Chirithy is Skuld's Chirithy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Calling it! Skuld is the traitorous Foreteller. She has the same coloured eyes as Xehanort, her Chirithy is not beside her, and most importantly, Ephemera would have mentioned something about her if he was truly affiliated with Skuld.

And to further clarify, Nightmare Chirithy is Skuld's Chirithy.

We barely knew Ephemera. I doubt he had time to go "Oh yeah there is this girl in my party named Skuld."

And as things have been presented, Keyblade wielders don't bring their Chirithy with them everywhere and the dark, now Nightmare Chirithy has always been associated with Ephemera.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i think skuld is a diety disgues as keybladewilder that know the future and told master f masters the told future to see if he changes it after her name is based off norse mthoghy

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I would cry if the Nightmare Chirithy belonged to Ephemera. It would mean something happened to him and that the black coat figure he encountered before did something to him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
At best she'll live up to her name as she is the one who will go with the Player to find Ephemera/explore the tower and play an important role in the Player's fate and future following whatever they find in the tower.

That doesn't sound too evil. Despite Skuld being new and mysterious, she is here to throw the audience off. Ephemera is the one we are supposed to be suspicious of (despite my wish to not be suspicious of).

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
not just the player fate but the whole series i believe she will be in kh 3 and maybe help sora in some way so history deosnt reapet itself

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Wow, somehow cutesy humanoid Heartless that speak are extremely terrifying.

The story is getting so interesting.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wow, somehow cutesy humanoid Heartless that speak are extremely terrifying.

The story is getting so interesting.

These "Heartless" carry Recusant Sigils and the way the Nightmare Chirithy speaks "They're close by, you'll find out soon enough"(They, plural, if the translation is correct) hints towards the "players" of the Nightmare Chirithy, or rather, its masters being the true Seekers of Darkness and those "Heartless" also possibly being controlled by them.
Black coat guy might be one of them...

The way they demand "Hand over the Lux" is disturbingly close to how the prophecy speaks about Darkness swallowing the Light and how Heartless are always hungering to devour hearts.
The specifics are still unknown, but it is clear that it's starting and both Skuld's and Ephemera's role in this can still be considered suspicious.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
So a new mysterious character, two foretellers battling themselves and new heartlessesque creatures that are corrupted other "players?"

Man this game keeps sounding better and better! Why isn't it overseas yet!? lol

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
The plot thickens.

A female character who has absolutely nothing to do with Kairi. Suspicious implications about Ephemera. Talking Heartless (?!). Talking silent protagonist (?!!). A Nightmare Chirithy with views on darkness identical to Xehanort's.

The more I learn, the more I want an English release. But really, just having the story is more than enough for me.

Hirokey123

Awards
Why did Chirithy specify a difference in a power? "They aren't like you who fight using fragments of the foreteller's power, they use their own power" and goes on talking about accepting the darkness...

I wonder a direction I never thought of before, what if using the foreteller's power was actually to protect the wielders? By that I mean when people use their own power, let their own power grow, they gain a strength that belongs only to them. But when you draw to deeply on your own power that is inside your heart you can draw on the darkness in your heart by accident. That's what Anti-form in KH2 was all about Sora constantly use his drives to draw out the power existing within his own heart and sometimes by accident he draws out the power of darkness in his heart. Or Terra his drive for power made it so when he was doing battle with Aqua or on the verge of losing something and needed strength he subconsciously call the dark power deep within him to the surface.

So maybe the whole point is that by using the cards/medals the foretellers created for them the wielders would never be in danger, they'd draw their strength from a stable constant source where they weren't ever in threat of becoming corrupted. But then some wielders ended up forsaking that and started to draw on their own strength, maybe they were mislead by another into doing so, and as a result they tapped into their own darkness gaining great strength but much like Riku in KH1 they were reckless and let the power of darkness consume them turning them into heartless.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Feels good that my translation wasn't that far off.
(They, plural, if the translation is correct)
The Nightmare Chirithy doesn't use a pronoun, it's left out due to context.

By the way, I think that the cross on the Black Costumes (frankly I prefer that to Garment) bearing a resemblance to the thorns on the Heartless emblem is more pertinent than the resemblance of a Recusant's Sigil. But it could be both.

Awards
So we got a cute new character[SERIOUSLY I WANNA CUDDLE HER], the Foretellers are already fighting each other, TALKING HEARTLESS, a Nightmare Chirithy that's taking pages from Xehanort, and something involving the end of the world.

The next story update better still be Daybreak Town because I want answers.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
We barely knew Ephemera. I doubt he had time to go "Oh yeah there is this girl in my party named Skuld."

And as things have been presented, Keyblade wielders don't bring their Chirithy with them everywhere and the dark, now Nightmare Chirithy has always been associated with Ephemera.

Hmm... that sounds entirely plausible: but I think that's too obvious. The reason as to why I made such a bold conclusion was that conflict suddenly ensued once Skuld entered into the plot. She just wonders in, and all of a sudden: two foretellers are battling against each other and heartless are speaking and demanding the Lux. Why has this coincidentally happened once she came into the picture?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Hmm... that sounds entirely plausible: but I think that's too obvious. The reason as to why I made such a bold conclusion was that conflict suddenly ensued once Skuld entered into the plot. She just wonders in, and all of a sudden: two foretellers are battling against each other and heartless are speaking and demanding the Lux. Why has this coincidentally happened once she came into the picture?
Perhaps because Ephemera is pulling some strings?

I think Skuld would react differently if that had been her Chirithy.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
hold on we dont know anything about skuld plus her name came from norse mythogy skuld is a norn of the future and said who live and dies in the battlefield

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I feel like Skuld my secretly be the Master of Masters. I dunno... I just feel like a Valkyrie, who spirits people who die valiantly in battle to Valhalla (in Norse mythology, anyway), might also be someone who has eyes that can "gaze into the future". Or at least be someone with eyes that have seen a lot more than most have. Perhaps Chirithy is just exaggerating about how powerful the Grand Master is in the II.8 trailer.

Also, I know this is all Norse mythology, but I wonder... Do you think Nomura might try to bring some Christianity stuff into this all, too? If there are going to be three sisters (or at least a trio of three girls), he could possibly do something like the God, Jesus, Holy Spirit idea mixed in with all of this. IDK. It's just a thought.

Edit: I also think that the Player is a Xehanort vessel: the last one, probably. Perhaps the reason he/she never spoke before was just because he/she was an empty shell. But now- now Xehanort has capitalized on that fact, given the Player a piece of his heart, and that's why he/she's suddenly speaking.

Second Edit: Good theory, Hirokey123. I hadn't thought about that, and it seems like something that could be possible.

Thank you so much for the translation to this, btw, goldpanner! I was already interested in this before really knowing what was happening, but now that I know so much I feel like this is a dose of medicine I'd been missing greatly. You're too kind for putting this into all of our laps, and I can't thank you enough for it.

KINGDOM HEARTS... I missed new story content like this! We hadn't really gotten new information since DDD. And I know we've gotten a lot in Chi before this, but I feel like the story is only now starting to really take off and I'm excited.

Also... the girl is so Homura Akemi to me. That scowl... That uncaring attitude about rules... LOL.

Anyway, the way that the Nightmare Chirithy here was talking makes it sound like the Realm of Darkness and Realm of Light do coexist at this time period, but the Keyblade War will inevitably cause the Realm of Darkness to bleed into the Realm of Light (it probably is somewhat already here), thus tainting it forever.

And I'm just so surprised that Spirits can turn into Nightmares at all! Dang, was this a good story update. 0_0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back