• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► SPOILERS Kingdom Hearts X[chi] - Meeting Skuld

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
So practically insinuating Ephemera might be the Satan/"ultimate evil" of the KH universe?
Pretty much ever since Ephemera disappeared, I've believed that he would wind up being tied to Xehanort somehow, if not outright being a part of the True Organization.

And within the past few months I've started to wonder if, perhaps, Ephemera is the Sixth Apprentice.
This would line up with his interest in the Foretellers and the Book of Prophecies, as well as his relationship with Ava.

So it could be that Ephemera is where this all started.

Zak1403

I feel as though the nightmare Chirithy is representing something similar to the Xehanortification process happening to Ephemera. We've seen the darker coloured Chirithy before and it's been hinted to be Ephemera's. Just as it took time for Xehanort's heart to grow in Braig the same is true for Ephemera. Players who reject the darkness or are not strong enough disappear and potentially become these new humanoid Heartless. But what would happen if one accepts the darkness fully? Their Chirithy, a representation of themselves, becomes "covered" in darkness just like them.

In short, Ephemera has a piece of someone's dark heart growing in him and the Chirithy displays the process (yellow eyes and pointy ears represent the process of becoming Xehanort in the present day). Although the process was successful Ephemera discovered a way to transcend the control of assumed person (Master of Masters/sixth apprentice) and become "unchained" from their grip, projecting himself into the dreams of Player & Skuld.

But that's just my two cents on the matter.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
There's something to him turning into scattered dandelions. Afterall, all that fuzz that blows off is seeds - kind of harkens to Xehanort's heart seeds that he implants.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Something about that phrase just made me laugh more than it should've. I know that anything's possible, but somehow the idea of Ephemera being KH Satan is just hilarious for some reason. Diabolic dandelion-head...

Well, don't forget that the dandelion-esque imagery is very similar to "heart-spreading" like Xehanort does as well.

Pretty much ever since Ephemera disappeared, I've believed that he would wind up being tied to Xehanort somehow, if not outright being a part of the True Organization.

And within the past few months I've started to wonder if, perhaps, Ephemera is the Sixth Apprentice.
This would line up with his interest in the Foretellers and the Book of Prophecies, as well as his relationship with Ava.

So it could be that Ephemera is where this all started.

Him being "tied" to Xehanort somehow is definitely possible and palpable, even more so since Ephemera himself also displays a huge amount of curiosity and penchant to try and "find the truth" behind things.

But of he would be the sixth then the Foretellers would recognize him wouldn't they? While Ava and him seem to be on remotely friendly terms she doesn't seem to treat him as an old acquaintance.

I agree with the notion that Ephemera might be the starting point and the "key" to the truth, yet I'm still unsure about his true allegiance and mindset.

I feel as though the nightmare Chirithy is representing something similar to the Xehanortification process happening to Ephemera. We've seen the darker coloured Chirithy before and it's been hinted to be Ephemera's. Just as it took time for Xehanort's heart to grow in Braig the same is true for Ephemera. Players who reject the darkness or are not strong enough disappear and potentially become these new humanoid Heartless. But what would happen if one accepts the darkness fully? Their Chirithy, a representation of themselves, becomes "covered" in darkness just like them.

In short, Ephemera has a piece of someone's dark heart growing in him and the Chirithy displays the process (yellow eyes and pointy ears represent the process of becoming Xehanort in the present day). Although the process was successful Ephemera discovered a way to transcend the control of assumed person (Master of Masters/sixth apprentice) and become "unchained" from their grip, projecting himself into the dreams of Player & Skuld.

But that's just my two cents on the matter.

Well, the Xehanortifciation process does have to do with Darkness in more than one way and Ephemera's Chirithy originally having darker fur could hint towards "partially" corruption or "half-Xehanort" while Nightmare Chirithy is the process being fully finished.
After all, Xehanort is an anagram for "another" so who(or what)ever is truly pulling the strings behind everything could very well be using this technique to use others as pawns to do their dirty work already during the time of Chi.
I would bet that it is the former, possibly original user of the Goatblade which now resides with our present day Xehanort. Maybe it is even from this one that Xehanort learned this ability as while it is said that Keyblade Masters can extract and move their own and other peoples' hearts, it is never stated that they actually have the ability to split their heart into multiple parts and send them elsewhere.

There's the old saying that "curiosity killed the cat" and therefore I can see Ephemera having this predicament simply because he's portrayed as such a curious lad and put his nose too deep into things, ending up forcibly falling to Darkness and being "used" by the actual force pulling the strings.
He has however enough willpower to still be able to contact people deeply connected to him via dreams and give them advice.
Him knowing about "the world being about to end" can also hint into this direction as he would know it from the force he's currently entangled with.

However, all this would not turn him into KH's version of Satan but more into a poor sap used by the true bad guys, not unlike Terra, Riku and possibly Isa.

There's something to him turning into scattered dandelions. Afterall, all that fuzz that blows off is seeds - kind of harkens to Xehanort's heart seeds that he implants.

Definitely, although while Xehanort uses this ability for malevolent purposes it isn't (yet) confirmed that this is the only way to use it.
If we look at Zack1403's theory maybe Ephemera is using this ability to partially escape the one who's controlling him right now, to keep parts of his heart away from the Darkness that engulfed his main essence.
It's even possible that both Skuld and Player actually hold a part of Ephemera's heart and that's why he can contact them via dreams.

Hallowseve

Saw the gameplay about an hour ago, and the gif yesterday. A couple of my friends were speculating and we were talking about Ephemera's allegiance and the appearance of Skuld. We thought it was interesting that Skuld had amber eyes, but it made us think about the Seekers of Darkness. What if, since time-travel has already happened, Skuld or Ephemera end up being a darkness? It would make for an interesting story. It's just wild speculation. I was also pleased to see another original female character in the series. It's a shame KHx happens in the past though.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
But of he would be the sixth then the Foretellers would recognize him wouldn't they? While Ava and him seem to be on remotely friendly terms she doesn't seem to treat him as an old acquaintance.
Well, there are other factors.

Ephemera managed to become "Unchained," and I have my suspicions that the Foretellers are also Unchained. I can't imagine that a normal Keyblade wielder would just happen to reach that state.

I think the relationship between the Foretellers and the Sixth may be complicated, hence Ava saying how she's the easiest to talk to among them.
I mean, even mentioning something like that implies that Ephemera has equal means or opportunity to communicate with all of the Foretellers, right? The rest of the players don't seem to have such a luxury. We can't even speak to our own Foreteller, let alone the others. We had to overstep our bounds and trespass into their territory in order to get a meaningful interaction with them.

That dialogue also suggests to me that Ephemera isn't a part of the group of wielders that Ava has been collecting (can't recall if that was confirmed or not), so his lack of canon Union is suspect.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Something about that phrase just made me laugh more than it should've. I know that anything's possible, but somehow the idea of Ephemera being KH Satan is just hilarious for some reason. Diabolic dandelion-head...

Wasn't Lucifer supposed to be the most beautiful Angel or something though? Lol.

I am curious as to how all of this is going to play out.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've uploaded the four new scenes with English subtitles (translations thanks to the lovely goldpanner of course<3)

Enjoy everyone! :)

[video=youtube;cvMOKz--U48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMOKz--U48[/video]

[video=youtube;qj0ChWZdEUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj0ChWZdEUI[/video]

[video=youtube;0yvIFXmuseI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yvIFXmuseI[/video]

[video=youtube;R0zl5F4VTPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0zl5F4VTPU[/video]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, there are other factors.

Ephemera managed to become "Unchained," and I have my suspicions that the Foretellers are also Unchained. I can't imagine that a normal Keyblade wielder would just happen to reach that state.

I think the relationship between the Foretellers and the Sixth may be complicated, hence Ava saying how she's the easiest to talk to among them.
I mean, even mentioning something like that implies that Ephemera has equal means or opportunity to communicate with all of the Foretellers, right? The rest of the players don't seem to have such a luxury. We can't even speak to our own Foreteller, let alone the others. We had to overstep our bounds and trespass into their territory in order to get a meaningful interaction with them.

That dialogue also suggests to me that Ephemera isn't a part of the group of wielders that Ava has been collecting (can't recall if that was confirmed or not), so his lack of canon Union is suspect.

Interesting idea, although I'd say that so far we know too little about this "unchained" state to make a definite call on this, not to mention that it seems to be implied that Player would also be able to reach that state so it isn't a Foreteller/Apprentice only thing except if one wants to theorize that Player might actually be an unaccounted seventh one.

Possible, as there also has to be a reason why the sixth did get a new name, but no copy of the book like the other five.
It is implied that Ephemera spoke with the other Foretellers as well, yes, but they are shown to sometimes stroll through Daybreak Town and unlike most of the other wielders, Ephemera might simply be bold enough to directly approach the Foretellers when he sees them and tries to goad information out of them.

The group of wielders Ava is collecting was mentioned by other players I think, not by any of the Foretellers or Ephemera. Most people put Ephemera with that group possibly because it was said that this group collects wielders across all unions/who don't belong to any union, which is a criteria Ephemera fulfills.
And Ava's last words towards Ephemera when he runs off after their last conversation may also be seen as hints towards it.
If that group and Skuld's "party" of which Ephemera once was a member of is the same thing remains to be seen. Has there been any information of Skuld's union (or lack of it) be revealed?

Wasn't Lucifer supposed to be the most beautiful Angel or something though? Lol.

I am curious as to how all of this is going to play out.

He was, being a seraphim (the highest order of angels) and according to some sources/mythologies the only angel with twelve wings (Seraphim normally have six wings).
If I recall correctly Lucifer before his fall was actually a reasonably nice guy, it was his tremendous pride which eventually got in the way, hence why he's normally also the representative for "pride" of the seven cardinal sins.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Interesting idea, although I'd say that so far we know too little about this "unchained" state to make a definite call on this, not to mention that it seems to be implied that Player would also be able to reach that state so it isn't a Foreteller/Apprentice only thing except if one wants to theorize that Player might actually be an unaccounted seventh one.
I would wager that anyone can become Unchained, it's just a matter of knowing how. And if Player is becoming Unchained, it may be through Ephemera's influence.

If that group and Skuld's "party" of which Ephemera once was a member of is the same thing remains to be seen. Has there been any information of Skuld's union (or lack of it) be revealed?
Her Union is as-yet unconfirmed. But if she was in the same party as Ephemera, then her Union would depend on Player's, like his does. So for me, as Vulpeus, she would be Ursus.

There's a lot of mystery surrounding the characters of this game, even Player, so I feel like anything is possible at this point.
At times I can't even keep track of all the ideas that come to mind.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The group of wielders Ava is collecting was mentioned by other players I think, not by any of the Foretellers or Ephemera. Most people put Ephemera with that group possibly because it was said that this group collects wielders across all unions/who don't belong to any union, which is a criteria Ephemera fulfills.

It's worth considering as well that the player may also fit that criteria, as in Unchained X, we can switch Unions whenever we want.

And Ava's last words towards Ephemera when he runs off after their last conversation may also be seen as hints towards it.

Expanding on Echo's post, here's a list of Ephemera's Unions (left) depending on the player (right):

Leopardus-->Vulpes
Unicornis-->Anguis
Vulpes-->Unicornis
Anguis-->Ursus
Ursus-->Leopardus

Though it's certainly possible that Ephemera could have just been bouncing between Unions the entire time 8D

I bet we end up having to kill Ephemera.

makine no ;A;

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Finally watched the video, and I was very impressed with it!

It astounds me how much Square is actually able to pull off with this graphical style. Haha.

Like, I for sure didn't think that Anguis and Ursus fight was going to be involved as it actually was, so major kudos to them:)

Also, "Night of Fate" playing in the background was just perfect to me.

And is anyone else getting the impression that Skuld maybe doesn't like Chirithy, because she kept backing him up--giving no shits about the Dream Eater at all--until he moved out of the way and she could sit by Player, or is that just me?

I'm so intrigued by these new talking Heartless, btw! Do you think that there's a chance that all Keyblade wielders who lose their hearts to the darkness could become like this?

I mean, Keyblade wielders are the only ones with the power to permanently defeat a Heartless and release they're hearts, so is it too out there to say that they themselves, because of that, could all become special Heartless?

So far the only wielders we've seen become Heartless are Sora and Xehanort.

And Sora... Well, he was never meant to be a wielder, and had too little darkness in his heart to truly become something substantial.

But Xehanort? Xehanort's Guardian reminds me of these Heartless a bit. Especially if the theory that Xehanort in the robe (until he got enough strength to get a body through possessing Riku) was actually just the Guardian is correct. That means that not only does it sort of resemble the new Heartless, but that it also could talk!

I feel like this series is maybe starting to get back to its routes with some scarier Heartless again (like how in the first game, they could actually pretend to be people--as that one appears to be Belle--that was seemingly dropped in later titles), and I couldn't be happier for it:)

But even with how interesting this all is... Does anyone else feel like it's a little excessive? If the people in Chi end up making up the current Keyblade War, that is.

Because didn't Nomura say in the KH1 Ultimania that there are other Keyblade wielders in other parts of the universe?

And furthermore, unlocking Kingdom Hearts... Isn't that supposed to open the door to all worlds, lead all the Keyblade wielders in the world to the Keyblade Graveyard, and have them battle for the light in Kingdom Hearts?

If so, I don't really get why bringing back the Chi characters is even needed (if that's even what's happening here).

It reminds me of how I think the time travel idea was unnecessary, when we already had Xehanort turning other people into him, and the dead Nobodies becoming complete again. Dragging versions of himself throughout time to the future just seems pointless to me, when he could use these other means to have vessels, but whatever, I guess.

Also, watch Ephemera be Xehanort and Eraqus' Master. I'm calling it now. (Or if not literally, he ends up possessing their actual Master, takes an interest in Xehanort, maybe, and that's how Xehanort ends up getting that ancient Keyblade.)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I would wager that anyone can become Unchained, it's just a matter of knowing how. And if Player is becoming Unchained, it may be through Ephemera's influence.

Her Union is as-yet unconfirmed. But if she was in the same party as Ephemera, then her Union would depend on Player's, like his does. So for me, as Vulpeus, she would be Ursus.

There's a lot of mystery surrounding the characters of this game, even Player, so I feel like anything is possible at this point.
At times I can't even keep track of all the ideas that come to mind.

If Ephemera can actively influence something like that I'd wager he must be really powerful as it is apparently no easy feat.

Are "party" and "union" really interchangeable or could it also be a party of people who belong to no union at all or to different unions?

There is indeed much ambiguity here, hence why I am also highly careful to designate neither Ephemera, Skuld nor any of the Foretellers as either a "good guy" or a "villain" yet as there are too many unknowns still despite some of them being more suspicious than others.
Even the Black Coat guy does not necessarily need to be a villain.
The whole atmosphere of the game is one of uncertainty which mirrors probably the feelings of most of the in-game characters as well.
We know there is something terrible going on and we know there is a villain or a villainous force, but as of yet this force doesn't have a clear representative yet.

I bet we end up having to kill Ephemera.
Possibly having to add another candidate to Sora's expanding "to save"-list of suffering people which escalate in suffering time each instance a new "group" is added?

Roxas, Naminé and Xion => suffering for roughly a year.
Terra, Aqua and Ventus => suffering for more than a decade.
Ephemera + possible others => suffering for several centuries???

It's worth considering as well that the player may also fit that criteria, as in Unchained X, we can switch Unions whenever we want.

Expanding on Echo's post, here's a list of Ephemera's Unions (left) depending on the player (right):

Leopardus-->Vulpes
Unicornis-->Anguis
Vulpes-->Unicornis
Anguis-->Ursus
Ursus-->Leopardus

Though it's certainly possible that Ephemera could have just been bouncing between Unions the entire time 8D

makine no ;A;[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see, that's certainly an interesting point as it ties "Player" definitely closer to both Skuld and Ephemera.

Of course, lol, Ephemera is apparently a bold little shit who's also not afraid to directly approach the Foretellers and probe them for information, so bouncing around between unions would definitely fit.

Well, so far Nomura's track record for happy endings with characters not named Sora hasn't been really high and in this particular case we already know the whole thing will end in a near-apocalypse at the end. <__<

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I just love how this game has the appearance of a bright, happy, and perfectly harmless fairy tale, but the story itself is fraught with unease, (the good kind of) confusion, and really grim and at times downright horrifying implications about pretty much everything we've come across.

... Okay, I guess that's also pretty much every KH game ever, but Chi has made the contrast more stark than ever. That, and we all know that this inevitable ends with Armageddon Lite and a barren mass grave studded with thousands of dead warriors' weapons.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Leopardus-->Vulpes
Unicornis-->Anguis
Vulpes-->Unicornis
Anguis-->Ursus
Ursus-->Leopardus
Uh oh
Given what's happened, could this chart be a map to which Foreteller is suspicious of who? Ursus definitely seemed to be the aggressor.
If Ephemera can actively influence something like that I'd wager he must be really powerful as it is apparently no easy feat.

Are "party" and "union" really interchangeable or could it also be a party of people who belong to no union at all or to different unions?
I think becoming Unchained is just some sort of process, and maybe it could even be done on accident, but if you knew how, it would be easy to make someone Unchained.
Maybe.

In the gameplay, at least, you have to be in the same Union to be in the same party.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
You know, I just thought of something:

Going off the theory that this is all taking place in the Realm of Sleep, how are there people from the eventual Keyblade War in Daybreak Town to bein with?

I know that maybe some of these people went off to The Keyblade Graveyard to fight, and the worlds themselves are filling in what happened with illusions of them, but could it be that most of these people are just these illusions, then?

Either that, or a lot of them didn't end up fighting there after all? But that we be odd to me, since this game is supposed to be about the Keyblade War.

Unless Daybreak Town eventually becomes The Keyblade Graveyard, like some people have theorized.

But The Keyblade Graveyard isn't a sleeping world. So if that's the case, how could any of this be possible, then? Daybreak Town's not like Traverse Town, where that world is an anomaly and can exist in multiple places at once.

Unless Daybreak Town/The Keyblade Graveyard is like that, and we just don't know it yet?

...I'm confused.

(If this story even is taking place in the Realm of Sleep, that is.)

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
But The Keyblade Graveyard isn't a sleeping world. So if that's the case, how could any of this be possible, then? Daybreak Town's not like Traverse Town, where that world is an anomaly and can exist in multiple places at once.

Unless Daybreak Town/The Keyblade Graveyard is like that, and we just don't know it yet?
Remember that Daybreak Town/The Keyblade Graveyard are originally from a time before the worlds were split, so anything might have happened to the regions' nature once turned into a "world" of their own as a result of the War.

It absolutely wouldn't surprise me if the Keyblade Graveyard is a world in the Realm Between.

I'm not sure if I believe that Daybreak Town is the Keyblade Graveyard, which is something I've thought previously.
Something just doesn't line up there, for me.
Like how the Book of Prophecies refers to "that place," which to me suggests a separation of location from Daybreak Town.

But I do believe it's a safe bet to assume that Daybreak Town as we're witnessing it is a Sleeping World. Unless Nomura wants to change how Dream Eaters work, that's the only option.
I imagine it hasn't been strictly confirmed yet because that's going to be a revelation for Player and the others. That might even be the "truth of this world" that Nightmare Chirithy mentions, or the "truth" that Ephemera is reaching by becoming Unchained.

U.N. Owen

Awards
I find this Skuld person interesting. On one hand, the name means "future" or "debt." On the other, it can be short for "skulduggery" which means trickery. I still can't decide which theory I'm going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back